Innocent: Spencer Reid ✔️

By SpencerReidsOwnWh0re

She's worked with two notorious killers for years, but now she's in an interrogation room while the team at t... More

P R A I S E
{1}
{2}
{3}
{4}
{5}
{6} Train Wreck
{7} S&M
{8} Anchor
{9} Atlantis
{10} Dancing with your ghost
{12} Do I wanna know?
{13} Us
{14 & TW} Leave a light on
{15}
{16} Sex
{17} Heart like yours
{18}
{19} Because of you
{20} I found
{21} Wildest dreams
{22}. Positions
{23} Wrecking Ball
{24}
{25} Turning Page
{26} Already Gone
{27} When the Party's Over
{28}
{29} Six Feet Under
{30} Everything I Wanted
{31} Light
{32} Set Fire To The Rain
{33} Hands
{34} Million Reasons
{36} Say Something
{37} Someone To Stay
A U T H O R S N O T E

{11}

5.2K 157 19
By SpencerReidsOwnWh0re

e l e v e n
A v e r l y n
i n t e r r o g a t i o n

I wake up in Spencer's arms, my face tucked into the crook of his neck. Although we're in a hospital, I can still smell his faint cologne, light coffee and strong lavender. It's enough to send anyone back to sleep. I don't move, I bask in his touch, even when he shows signs of waking. I keep my eyes closed when he brushes my hair out of my face and gently traces a finger across my eyebrows. He then leans down, careful not to hurt his neck or wake me as he presses his lips against my forehead. I can feel my eyes start to burn again but don't let the tears show as I stay still. Spencer doesn't deserve any if this, he doesn't deserve everything he gets. With the addiction, with Maeve, with this. All this, and it's my fault. I pretend to wake up, giving him a dreamy smile once I grasp the confidence to look up at him. He's got sleep laced all over his face, his eyes are dark and cloudy all at once. Did he sleep at all or too much?

"Guten Morgen." I grin, poking his arm just in case he thinks my arms don't function properly. "See, I'm really good at speaking German. Hallo, wie gehts?" I wait for him to reply, which he doesn't. Does he not know German? Instead of speaking in German, he chooses another language I don't understand. Latin. "That isn't German." I whine, poking him again. He grins down at me and we just stare at each other with adorable smiles on our faces, wrapped in each other's arms until my phone starts to ring, it's JJ.

"JJ, it's Avery." I say, biting my tongue from saying Agent. I'm not an agent, I'm just a mutual helper. "You mean you want me to talk to him?" Spencer sits up slightly so that he finds it easier to overhear JJ's words.

"JJ...I don't know. Only if it will help find Morlace and Godwin." I say as I rest my head against Spencer's chest. "Alright, I'll be in there in 30, I need to go back to my hotel and change first." I hang up the call and turn back around to see Spencer.

"She wants you to talk to Robert?" Spencer asks, a judgemental tone in his voice. He doesn't think I can get information out of him.

"JJ and the rest of the team think he will open up to me because he's obsessed with me." I say blandly, climbing off the uncomfortable hospital bed. I've been in hospital beds before, but this one is the most uncomfortable one yet. Spencer made it feel better, I had a nice pillow. "By obsessed, I mean he won't stop talking about me." I mutter, giving Spencer a goodbye smile as I grab my jacket.

"I can drive you to the hotel?" Spencer pleads, attempting to climb off the hospital bed after me. I stop him and chuckle to myself.

I chuckle, "nice try, Doctor. Spencer you got shot. I'll call you and tell you how it went. I'll be alright. See you soon, Spence." I leave the hospital, waving to Savannah as I leave to call a cab. I completely forget Hotch says I should always go everywhere with an agent, but I get to Quantico just fine.

"Avery - he's in here. Are you ready? Don't try to flatter him too much, try and get to the point. Try and stall him, though. Make him make a mistake, maybe he'll slip up about his partners. Don't play his game." Hotch reminds me, unclear that I came in without an agent escort. "And Averlyn? You're an Agent." I nod and take a deep breath before I walk into the interrogation room, alone.

He looks rough after spending the night in an interrogation room. We have proof he murdered those women, he isn't getting out of here. When he sees me he grins, his whole face lighting up. "Avery..."

"I'm..." I know it's going to sound weird saying it for the first time, "Agent Brooks. I need to ask you a few questions." I take a seat opposite and briefly glance at his handcuffs. I used to be in those. He looks like a joker - with a cocky grin and an equally cocky glimmer in his eyes.

"They think that just because it's me and you I'm here, I'll answer your questions?" Robert sniggers, tugging at his handcuffs, "I want out. Let me out of these!" He yells, shaking his fists at me.

"Calm down." I seethe. I can't look him in the eyes as much as I'm willing myself to. He has dark piercing eyes that make me want to throw up knowing they were probably the last thing those women saw.

"Alright, beautiful, I'll calm down." He smirks, leaning forward with his hands clasped together. His face is inches away from mine, so close I can see the amusement he finds in this situation in his eyes. I hold back the urge to back away, I don't want to appear weak. Maybe this was all a set up. "What questions do you want answered then babe?"

"Who are your partners?" I keep my face blank, he probably knows how to read people's emotions and I don't want him knowing how scared I am. He can't hurt me, not when Hotch and Derek are behind that mirror, but it doesn't stop me thinking he will. "We need to know their names and where they locate." My voice is steady enough to pass as strong but I can feel it waver.

"Wouldn't you already know that, Aves. There's something you're keeping from your team." Robert smiles, flickering his eyes from me to the mirror. "There's something they don't know, that you and I both know."

"Like what? I have nothing to hide so tell me and the rest of my team this. What am I hiding?" I lean forward just like he is and stare him in the eye. I only hold it for a few seconds before I look away and let out a disapproving breath.

"You can't even look at me. Fucking bitch. What I say will help you guys. Who's side are you on, Averlyn?"

"Not yours. I don't pick sides, I want you bastards in jail." I say bluntly, clicking my tongue on the roof of my mouth.

"Do you really? Don't lie Averlyn, you liked what you did for a living." He hisses. He starts playing with the band on his ring finger. "Don't lie."

"I wanted a better living, I have a second chance. Now let me take it and I'll tell the judge you cooperated." I say sternly. This time I don't look him in the eye, I can't. He did all of this, and it hurts to even look at him.

"I don't care about my sentence." He spits. That's a first. "I loved the thrill of things. All good things come with a price and I'm willing to pay."

"Oh you will pay. You'll pay when I get a gun and put a bullet between your eyes!" He stands up quickly, grabbing my arm I feel a sharp prick. There's a loud bang from the mirror, signalling for me to stay calm and for Robert to get his ass down.

"Get your hands off of me." I say calmly. He sits back down, his expression filled with anger. He moves his hands below the table as they start to shake.

"I'm not helping a traitor like you." Robert Macklyn sits back, looking past me to the wall behind. I stand up from my seat as he brings his hands up from the table and discreetly shows me a pin as my vision goes blurry and I stumble a few steps backwards.

"What did you do to me?" I gasp, rubbing my head with my fingertips.

"I'm just trying to prove you will always be nothing, everyone here will always be better than you." He says and before I can grasp the door handle, I fall and my vision goes black.

———

"What is she hiding then? Macklyn wasn't bluffing, Hotch. She's hiding something - but can we trust her. Spencer seems to." Derek calmly talks to Hotch in a hushed manner. Neither know that I'm awake, and I keep it that way. I recognise the place I'm in as Hotch's office, they've let me rest on a couch placed against a wall. "And I respect his decision, Hotch they're close to each other. But can we trust her?"

"How close?" Hotch asks. How would Derek know if Spencer and I were close. I didn't think we were that friendly until just now, it all makes sense as it dawns on me everything I did. I kissed Spencer - a real FBI agent. I kissed him and he trusts me, right? We fell asleep together last night, just like we had the night before. He trusts me, and I'm starting to trust him. "Derek, how close?"

"They slept together last night. Not literally, I mean she stayed at the hospital with him and they fell asleep together. I don't want to say I don't trust her because it's clear Reid does and if Reid trusts someone, I should too." Morgan exclaims and Hotch takes a deprived sigh, pinching the bridge of his nose as he thinks. "Hotch, I haven't got a problem with Avery, and nor should you I'm just saying - can we trust her bring this case home?"

"She's our only hope right now, she's got us this far. Robert came out of hiding - he made the mistake by talking to her. She's all we have." Derek Morgan seems pleased with Hotch's reply and leaves Hotch's office with Hotch following behind. I sit up once they're left and grab the phone Spencer gave me, searching through the contacts until I find Spencer's name. It rings twice before he picks up with a cheery voice.

"Hey, I was waiting for you to call. How did it go?" He sounds so happy hearing from me it makes my whole face light up when he speaks. I sit back on the couch and sigh before I tell him what happened. How he drugged me easily enough and accused me of lying. "But you are alright now, aren't you?" I nod and remember he can't see me, chuckling to myself.

"I'm alright now, yeah. He's admitted to all the murders, but he won't tell us anything about Morlace or Godwin. They're ahead of us again. We're back at the start." I sigh, pressing the phone up to my ear again as Spencer starts to talk.

"Hey, we can never get right back to the start, Avery. Not with all the information we do have." I pull and cradle my knees up to my chest, closing my eyes to rest as I listen to Spencer inform. "Trust me, we aren't back at the start. We have just stopped and sat on a bench for a while." He laughs to himself.

"And when will we start running again, Doctor?" I can't sit still. I roll over and lie on my stomach, burying my head while I wait for Spencer to answer my useless question.

"Hard to say Agent...soon. Trust me." There's a sound on the other end of the phone of fidgeting and lots of sighing.

"I do trust you, Spencer." I get comfortable lying down on my stomach, one arm acting like a pillow, the other pinning the phone to my ear. "Do you trust me?" I want to hear him say it. I don't want to hear it from Derek or anyone else from the team, I want to hear Spencer say it.

"Yes, I trust you." I'm no profiler, but I didn't hear a single edge in his voice. Spencer wasn't lying.

*****
I forgot to add earlier the next chapter is going to be great (;
another thing I just now realised is actually, there is no season this is based on. You can all picture whatever Spencer you want to, the characters are just gonna come and go to be fair so just enjoy the rest of the book.
vote and comment.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.5K 64 44
Some people kill for attention. Some people kill to build fear. Y/N? She kills for family. Loosing most of her family, Y/N's guilt and grief forces h...
145K 3.4K 77
In which you are madly in love with SSA Emily Prentiss, and she with you. guys i promise the story is actually better than this description i'm sorr...
431K 11.2K 62
❝spencer, all this week you've been holding my hands. what about your germ thing?❞ ❝you were more important.❞ hazel finley is a liar. but she's a da...
1.4K 23 8
you and Spencer have never really been close when you started working at the BAU and you wanted to respect that if he never wanted to get as close to...