Quirks don't make a hero

By Unalive

Izuku Yagi is the son of Inko and Toshinori Yagi, and the brother of Ikaru Yagi. He's bullied by Katsuki Baku... More

Chapter 1: The start
Chapter 2: The exams and a new...friend
Chapter 3: The not-a-date, the letters, and the twisted truth
Chapter 4: The first day
Chapter 5: The USJ attack
Chapter 6: Dad-fucking-zawa
Chapter 7: Fluffy...?
Chapter 8: The sports festival part 1
Chapter 9: The sports festival part 2
Chapter 10: The sports festival part 3
Chapter 11: The sports festival part 4
Chapter 12: The date
NEW BOOK
Chapter 13: Class 1A
Chapter 13.5: After the date
13.6: After the date part 2
School 😔
Chapter 14: The tests
Chapter 15: Stain
🍋Smut🍋
Chapter 16: Recovery
NEW BOOK...again
Chapter 17: Mei gets screen time
Chapter 18: ✨Therapy✨
Chapter 19: A lesson in morality
Chapter 20: Pre Game Chatter
Chapter 21: Midterms
Chapter 22: Shopping is fun
Chapter 23: Camp Camp
Chapter 24: The calm and the storm
Chapter 25: The eye of the storm
Chapter 26: The whole fucking hurricane
Chapter 28: Comfort
Chapter 29: Awake
{Indefinate Haitus}
Discontinued (Sorry)

Chapter 27: Hospitals galore

4.6K 144 13
By Unalive

"Dad?"

"You scared me, kid,"

~~~

Izuku didn't know when he fell asleep, but the next thing he knew, he was waking up in a sterile, white room. Turning his head, he saw his dad sleeping peacefully in the chair on his left, right next to the window that showed the early morning sky.

Moving to sit up, Izuku let out a grunt, waking his father from his sleep. Watching as the man jolted up, capture weapon at the ready, made Izuku remember that he was one of the top underground heroes.

Catching his father's eye, Izuku smiled playfully.

"So, come here often?" Izuku's voice was coarse and dry, causing him to cough a little before the smile returned to his face.

The boy enjoyed, silently laughing, as the tired man sighed, before putting his head in his hands, his freckled-cheeked smile only dropping after five minutes of silence.

"Dad?" Izuku whispered.

"You scared me, kid," Aizawa croaked.

Izuku stared at him, eyes wide before he reached out towards him. Feeling the air around him shift, Aizawa lifted his head and pulled his son into a tight embrace, petting the back of his bird nest-like hair.

"I'm sorry, dad," Izuku whimpered into the black jumpsuit, clenching the fabric tightly.

"It's not your fault," Aizawa rumbled, "you didn't ask to get kidnapped. It's illogical to apologize."

That drew a short laugh, followed by a cough, from the greenette.

"That's so like you to say," he softly spoke.

Aizawa didn't respond, though Izuku could clearly see the small smile on his face before he reached over to the bedside table and handed the sitting boy a cup of water.

After finishing the whole cup with a satisfied sigh, Izuku handed the cup back to his dad, who set it down on the table.

"Hito?" Izuku asked.

He heard his father snort and whisper something like, 'of course that's the first thing you ask about,' but he chose to ignore it.

"Hitoshi is fine. They put him in a medically induced coma because of all the injuries he had, but he's going to make a full recovery," he explained.

While upset about his lover being injured at all, Izuku was glad that he would be okay.

"What happened after we went into the ambulance?"

Aizawa didn't hesitate.

"After you two got out of the area," he didn't mention the group, "All Might started fighting seriously. The league had left at that point, Kokoro going with them. He then revealed his small form on television. All for One, who I'm sure you know was the main villain, then revealed that you and Ikaru were his kids."

Izuku's blood ran cold.

"He said it loud enough for the news team to pick up from their helicopter, so now everyone is mentioning it online. While most of them are wondering why he hid it from the public, some of them, the quirkists, are saying that it's because..."

Aizawa didn't need to finish that sentence.

"Because I'm quirkless."

Aizawa nodded mutely.

Izuku clenched the bedsheets in his fists.

Before either of them could say anything, a knock on the door interrupted the moment.

"Come in," Aizawa huffed, sitting back in his chair with crossed arms.

In walked a doctor, her purple-haired tied in a bun at the top of her head, with two strands beautifully resting at the sides of her face as her pink, intelligent eyes landed on Izuku's form.

"Ah, you're awake," she smiled sweetly, "my name is Dr. Momoshi, but you can call me Dr. Moshi. I'm yours and Hitoshi's doctor."

Izuku smiled politely, "it's nice to meet you, doctor. Thank you for your hard work."

The doctor just laughed lightly.

"I'm just doing what I can."

"Now," her tone took on a serious note, "you didn't have any life-threatening injuries, only scrapes, and bruises, but you did have signs of exhaustion, so we kept you here overnight, as well as to check if you have anything the villains put into your system."

Izuku nodded, taking in the information.

"When can I leave?" Izuku voiced, Aizawa subtly sitting straighter at the question.

What can he say? He missed his son.

"You'll probably be allowed to leave later today if your vitals are all well and good."

"Thank you, doctor," Aizawa bowed his head, Izuku following closely.

"No problem. Feel better soon, Aizawa-Yamada," she laughed, making her way towards the door.

"Wait," Izuku called out, making her halt her steps.

"Yes?" She turned back around.

"One last thing...:"

~~~

Taking a deep breath, Izuku pulled open the door before stepping out of the light blue hallway and into the white room.

Looking around, he spotted the blonde head of his second father before looking to the bed and seeing the purple hair of his lover.

Whipping his head up from his future son-in-law, Yamada couldn't resist standing up from his seat and pulling his son into a hug.

"Hey baby," he whispered, pressing a kiss into the boy's temple as his eyes filled with tears. Izuku just let out a wet chuckled and squeezed his papa tighter.

"Hi, papa."

"Want me to give you two some space?" Yamada asked softly, making sure that his quirk didn't activate by accident.

"Please..." Izuku all but begged, his voice so soft that it was like the wind.

Yamada pulled away from his boy, giving his shoulder one last squeeze before he left the room with one final wave.

Floating across the room, Izuku sat down in Yamada's seat before taking his boyfriend's left-hand and holding it gently yet firmly.

"Hey there, love," Izuku started with a whisper.

"I'm glad we got out of there...Even if my old tormentors saved us..."

It was silent after he spoke.

He didn't like the silence; it only highlighted that Hitoshi wasn't present.

He decided to fill the silence with his words.

"...I'll forever be grateful to them for rescuing you..."

Izuku let his gaze roam over his sleeping beloved.

From his matted down, unruly head of purple hair to the dark eye bags underneath, what he knew to be, amethyst colored eyes. Over his nose and mouth, covering up his kissable lips, was a breathing mask.

He looked so vulnerable in the bed.

It almost made him want to cry.

So cry he did.

"I'm sorry I couldn't save you earlier, Hitoshi," he sobbed, using his free hand to whip away his tears.

"I'm sorry I made you get wrapped up in all of my drama."

"You shouldn't have been harmed just for being with me," Izuku clutched the hand like a lifeline.

He cried wordlessly for a few minutes, whipping away his tears fruitlessly, before he took a staggering deep breath in and sniffled, trying to stifle the remaining tears.

He took the pale hand up to his lips before placing them gently onto the back of the palm, kissing it as gently as a feather dancing in the wind.

As he clutched the hand of his comatose lover, he uttered a few words before watching him silently.

"Wake up soon, my love."

~~~

Word count: 1181

Edited by @nato___28 uwu

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

97.9K 2.2K 20
Izuku Midoriya. He have always wanted to be a hero, but he haven't got a quirk. However that didn't stop him from trying. His confidence in being a h...
17.7K 187 7
Izuku Forza was once a Yagi until he was diagnosed as quirkless. Izuku's life became a living nightmare when his family began to neglect and abused h...
50.5K 1.1K 51
Izuku Yagi lives in a shinobi world so what the hell is a quirk anyway? Chakra never died out and the shinobi world never fell in Boruto's time inste...
1.3M 43.6K 137
JOZAWA Conversation Hearts & SIDE STORIES tied to this work are on my page! (Y/n) was born with a water manipulation and creation quirk, destined to...