𝐀𝐧𝐲 𝐋𝐚𝐬𝐭 𝐖𝐨𝐫𝐝𝐬? (...

By clashgirl07

!!Completed!! After being held captive for months by the league of villains, you manage to escape and make it... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68

34

33.9K 1.1K 12.3K
By clashgirl07

You awoke before the sun had risen.

Slowly climbing out of bed you placed your feet on the cool floor and began to walk toward the door.

"Where the hell are you going? It's still dark out." Bakugous voice was groggy from sleep.

You didn't look back."I'm gonna start on some training, probably go for a run."

"Can you not wait until later?"

"Just go back to bed, I didn't mean to wake you up."

You heard the rustling of blankets, "I'll go with you."

"No, I'll be fine on my own." You looked behind you to where Bakugou now stood, rubbing his eyes.

"Don't be a dumbass, it'll be better if someone's there."

"I don't need a chaperone alright?"

You didn't know why you were acting like this. In all honesty, a part of you wanted him to come.

But you pushed those feelings aside, "just go back to bed."

"You aren't supposed to be out in the dark by yourself." He stated.

Your anger grew, "I get you're trying to be a good friend or whatever but that is not what I need right now."

His brows narrowed and he stepped forward, reaching out his arm as if to grab you. You flinched slightly at the sudden movement, but before he could react you disappeared from the room.

-----------------------------

When you appeared in your dorm, you quickly put on an outfit that was comfortable to exercise in and stepped back into the hallway.

The dream you had last night had kept you awake. The experience had felt so real and you could still hear the bone-chilling sound of All For One's voice in your mind.

You needed to do something that would clear your head, and if you had allowed for Bakugou to come it simply would have caused more unwanted emotions.

God, he was so confusing. When the two of you had first met you had been rivals of a sort, but he had been so intrigued by you that he had managed to figure out the secret you had been keeping. Of course, you had kicked his ass, which you had assumed would cause the dislike between the two of you to grow. But somehow it had brought you closer, he had accepted you without question and your feelings had evolved into something like friendship.

And that night at the training camp when he had pushed you out of the way, well that moment had changed everything for you. You realized how terrifying the thought of losing him was, he was the one person who had seen you for what you were and had... admired you for it.

But of course, he had ruined it when he explained that he had only pushed you out of the way in an attempt to be heroic and keep society from further danger. Not because he cared about you.

That had hurt more than you cared to admit.

The confusion continued a few days later when everyone returned to school, and most of the students were avoiding you after the whole "father reveal." Bakugou had been supportive, in his own way, and you figured maybe you could live with the fact that he wouldn't ever care for you as more than somewhat of a friend.

And then he had shown up in your goddamn room.

Maybe to some people, sharing a bed at night with an attractive person who helps comfort them through nightmares, wasn't a big deal. But to someone who hadn't experienced any form of intimacy that wasn't platonic, it wasn't something you could really do without more feelings getting involved.

From there, the two of you seemed to rely on each other more. And when he had finally initiated something (something that had occupied your mind an embarrassing number of times), he had done it because he wanted a distraction.

That was the point where you gave up, you told him where you stood, he hadn't responded, and that had been that.

During the time that the villains had you, you had created a foolish fantasy in your mind. You imagined that maybe he would realize what a confusing asshole he had been, and finally realized that you mattered to him. Then he would somehow manage to find you, kill the villains, and take you somewhere safe again.

As days passed though, that small fantasy disappeared. With every cut, burn, break, and sickness you had to endure, a piece of your hope would wither away. It had been so long that when people did come for you, it hadn't been believable.

But it had been real, and you began to think maybe your fantasy hadn't been so far-fetched. Of course, it hadn't included being arrested and nearly killed by police as the heroes stood by and watched, but other than that.

And when he held you that night and finally admitted that he cared for you, it had been the first light of the darkness you had emerged from.

And then the bitch had gone and friend-zoned you.

You shook your head as you stepped onto the first floor, attempting to brush away the emotions you felt. If he wanted to be friends, fine, that's all you would be. No matter how much the idea pained you.

A rustling noise came from one of the couches in the common area, you walked over and spotted Aizawa in his yellow sleeping bag.

He sat up and yawned, "what are you doing kid? It's like five in the morning."

You stared in confusion, "um I'm going on a run."

"You hate running," he sat up further.

"Yeah, but I need to get my strength back up. What are you doing sleeping on the couch in here?"

He blinked, "oh, well I told you I'd be around if you needed me. So I've crashed here the past two nights just in case."

You smiled appreciatively, "thank you. I've been ok though."

"I know, but I worry after everything."

"Yeah, I know." You sighed, "I'll see you later on."

"Hold on, I actually need you to meet me back down here around nine. One of the doctors wants to check up on you at the hospital, just to see how everything's healing."

You looked down at yourself, "it's only been two days."

"I know, but it's a routine thing apparently. They'll probably want you to come back in a few weeks as well."

"As long as they don't stick any needles in me that's fine." You hated needles.

"We'll see, and while we're there there's actually someone I'd like you to meet."

"Who?"

"I'll explain it on the way there, for now, I'll let you do your workout."

Well now you were curious, but you nodded and walked to the exit.

"Oh and one more thing, I have a student out there waiting. Just tell him to work with you instead of me today. Gives me a chance to get some more sleep."

You leaned your head back, "I don't want to train with anyone today."

"You aren't supposed to be out at dark on your own, it's either this or you can walk your butt right back to your dorm."

You mumbled your dissatisfaction but stepped outside.

-------------------------

As you walked down the steps, a cool breeze swept over your skin. You spotted a familiar figure standing below.

"Aizawa dipped, you're stuck with me this morning."

Shinsou turned and watched as you took the remaining few steps. "Oh, that's fine. We weren't going to be doing much anyway."

The suns light had just begun to breach the horizon and you looked around. "I was just planning on going for a run, kinda want to clear my mind you know? So you don't have to be here if you'd rather go back to bed or something."

"I'll stay, a quiet run sounds nice actually."

"Ok, I was just gonna go on the road between the dorms and the main building. Sound good?"

"Yeah, sounds good."

You did a few warmup stretches as you made your way to the road. It was good weather for a run, the wind blew softly and the air was cool.

As you began to jog, the first thing you noticed was how awful your legs felt. Every step you took required more effort than the last. You tried moving your arms as well, but each time you did a sharp pain shot through the one that had been broken.

You tried to avoid focusing on the pain, instead looking at the trees that surrounded the path and the sound of Shinsous footsteps from behind you.

After about half a mile your breathing was extremely labored, and you were cursing under your breath.

Definitely should have come alone. I really did not need a witness to see the fact that I can barely run a mile.

You pushed through, trying to think of things to motivate yourself.

But holy shit did this hurt, literally, nothing you thought of made this any better.

Why did I think a run was a good idea? I could have started with any other form of exercise but no, I chose the one that I hated even before getting kidnapped.

It had to have been at least a mile by now, your head was becoming clouded and your arm was screaming in pain.

Shinsou ran up next to you and softly placed his hand on your shoulder, both of you came to a stop. "Hey, I think it might be better if we finish up now."

You brushed his arm away, "I'm fine I can go longer."

Concern shone in his eyes, "listen I'm not doubting you or anything but I don't think you should be pushing yourself like this."

You were planning on starting forward again, but as you tried to get yourself to run your legs nearly gave out.

"Goddamn it!" You knelt onto the pavement, feeling it dig into your skin.

Shinsou knelt next to you, "dude you made it over a mile. That's impressive considering the circumstances."

"I had just gotten to four." You looked up at the sky, your breathing still heavy.

"What."

"Before I was taken I had made it to four miles. It might not seem like a lot to some, but I absolutely hate running without using my speed ability. So it was a big thing for me to do."

You slammed your palm onto the ground, "and it was for nothing! I put in all that work and time to make myself stronger after everything that happened and now I'm back to where I was!"

He stared for a moment, "I'm sorry. But at this point, the only thing you can do is start over. You'll just have to get better than you were before."

"Easier said than done dude."

He chuckled, "let's go back to the dorms. We can go again tomorrow ok?"

"You can keep going, I'll head back on my own."

"Are you sure? It's really not a problem."

You scoffed, "I can tell you do five to six miles easily. Just go so I don't feel bad about ruining your workout."

"Alright, just try not to pass out while you walk back." He winked.

You flipped him off and heard his laughter as he began running once more.

--------------------------------------------

It took you longer than it should have to get back to the dorm building.

You really needed to work on your teleportation ability, only being able to move a few feet at a time could be really inconvenient.

When you finally made it back to your dorm you showered and changed into another comfortable outfit. You fed Bubbles and attempted to use what you knew of Koda's quirk to try and communicate with him, but nothing happened.

You sat in your bed for a little while, attempting to feel somewhat normal. But then the thought hit you that Toga had slept in this bed, so you ended up leaving.

As you went to wait in the common room, and even worse thought came to mind. Had Bakugou slept in that same bed with her?

The image that appeared in your head after that filled you with rage. He wouldn't have done that right? He said that he knew something was wrong, so most likely he had avoided her until figuring out what was really happening.

Even if he had no romantic feelings for you, he would never have done anything like that with her if he was even the slightest bit suspicious.

You waited downstairs for a few minutes, since it was around eight forty-five on a weekend, most of the students hadn't gotten out of bed yet.

"Oh, good you're early. You ready to go?" Aizawa walked through the entrance, holding a cup of coffee in his hand.

You nodded and went over to where he was waiting. He handed you the coffee and you smiled brightly. "You know, you're pretty great sometimes."

"Trust me I know."

The two of you went to the car parked out front. "So, who is this person you want me to meet?" You asked after sitting down.

He sighed, "the mission I went on was a rescue mission. We found evidence of a girl being held by villains, those villains were using her power to try and create something to destroy heroes."

You nearly choked on your coffee, "that sounds oddly familiar."

"Yes, I thought so too. This girl is much younger than you are though, she's six."

"Wow, that's really young. What were they using her for?"

"Her quirk is called Rewind, she can revert anything to a former stage. They were using it combined with another villain's quirk to make weapons that render an attacker powerless."

"Jesus, that's insane."

"Yeah, and right now she's in a very fragile state. I thought it might help her to have someone who has somewhat of an understanding."

"You want me to be trauma buddies with a six-year-old?"

He rolled his eyes, "no I just want you to meet her. I think the two of you may be able to form a bond with one another, which would be quite useful because I have volunteered to act as her guardian for the time being."

You smiled, "wait so I'm getting like an adoptive sister?"

He looked over at you, a hopeful expression on his face. "Is that really how you see it?"

"Uh see what?"

"Like you see the two of us as... family?"

You leaned your head back, "oh don't get all sentimental on me. Yeah, you're like the only father figure I've had in my life, and you're a pretty good one too. I mean I definitely would have kicked my ass to the curb after the way I acted toward you that first week. But you put up with me and helped me get through a lot of shit. Of course, I see you as family."

He smiled, "you've helped me with a lot too, whether you know it or not. I'm really proud of the fact that I've been able to watch these past months as you've grown."

"I told you not to get sentimental." You gave him a joking look.

"Right right I'm sorry."

The car pulled into the hospital parking lot and you both stepped out. "If they try and give me any shots, I won't make any promises that my defense ability won't kick in on instinct."

"Out of everything that has happened to you, you're afraid of needles?"

You glared, "yes."

As you walked to the entrance you looked over at him again. "I can tell you're trying not to laugh."

"What? I would never do that."

"Sure."

He checked you in and you were taken to a small room by the receptionist. There was a table and a few chairs, posters lined the walls.

You waited a few minutes, forcing yourself to get used to the sterile scent that enveloped you. When the doctor finally appeared, she came over to where you were sitting.

"Hi there miss L/N, I'm Doctor Hara. I asked you to come in today just so I can get an idea of how you're healing and whether or not we need to do any sort of further treatments."

You nodded and she turned to Aizawa, "I will have to ask you to wait outside though."

He looked over to you and raised his eyebrows in question.

"Are you planning on putting any needles in me?" You asked the doctor.

"No honey, nothing like that today."

You looked back to Aizawa. "I'll be fine then."

He stood, "alright I'll be right outside."

After he had left the room, the doctor sat in the chair opposite you. "So first off, how are you feeling? Physically and mentally."

That question almost made you laugh. "Um, mentally I'm doing as well as can be expected I guess. Physically I've been alright, I still get pain in my arm and I get worn out pretty easily but other than that."

She took a few notes, "alright and when was your last period?"

"About a month ago, I started it on the day I was taken actually." That had been an absolute nightmare.

"And how long had it been before that one?"

"Probably around eight months."

She continued writing. "What is the last meal that you ate?"

"I had some chips last night."

She looked up, "I mean like a meal honey. When did you eat a full meal last?"

"Oh, I guess I had dinner the night before everything happened. So like a month ago."

She gave you a sympathetic look. "Have you attempted to eat a meal since you've been back?"

You looked down to the ground, just the thoughts making you nauseous. "My body doesn't react well to most foods."

"Was there something that caused that?"

You swallowed, "when I was there a few of the villains liked to play a game. They would put something in my food and try to have me guess what it was. When I made myself eat I never knew whether or not it was safe. Sometimes it would be just a normal thing, other times I would get so sick I would start hallucinating. The only things that were always ok, were the brand name stuff that came in a pre-packaged bag or container."

You hated the pity that shone in her eyes, but you continued. "So it got to the point where really eating anything would make me feel sick, the only things I feel comfortable with are the pre-packaged things."

She took a shaky breath. "I see, so it's more of a mental block that's causing the physical reaction."

"Yeah, I guess."

"Ok, and how is your sleep schedule?"

This time you did laugh a little. "I mean after the first time it already wasn't great, so it's definitely not any better now."

"How many hours do you think you get a night?"

You shrugged, "three to five maybe."

"Any nightmares, intrusive thoughts, or flashbacks?"

"All of the above."

She scribbled a few more notes down. "The last thing I'm gonna do is take a look at your injuries to see how they're doing ok?"

You took a deep breath and nodded.

The first thing she asked was for you to pull down your pants, that was an awkward one.

"The scars seem perfectly fine, we'll continue to monitor to make sure they don't develop into anything cancerous but you should be alright."

Cancer?!

Next, she prodded at your arm, causing you to wince a few times.

"Hmm, I'm gonna try and get you in for some X-rays. There are a few spots that don't seem to be coming back together the way that they should."

"Oh, lovely." You said in a sarcastic tone.

She sat back down and smiled sadly. "Aside from the arm, everything seems ok. I am worried about the food situation though, and the sleeping. Both of these are caused by mental blocks but can result in some nasty physical effects. I'm going to refer you to a great trauma therapist in the area, she may really be able to help. I also am going to prescribe you some medication that can help with your sleep, but I only want you to take it when it's necessary ok?"

"I don't want to see a therapist."

She sighed, "I know but it really would be helpful. At least take the phone number and give it a shot."

She handed you a slip of paper and you took it.

"Ok, I'm gonna have you back here in two weeks to check up on your progress. You're free to go."

You thanked her and left the room as quickly as possible.

"How'd it go?" Aizawa asked.

He began walking to the elevators and you followed. "She thinks I need therapy."

He clicked the button and you both stepped into an elevator. "Well, that's something she and I can agree on."

"Of course it is."

"She also prescribed me some stuff, I think we can pick it up by tomorrow."

"Ok, I can grab it after class."

You stepped out of the elevator and onto another floor. "What is her name again?" You asked, suddenly feeling nervous.

"Eri, I'm pretty sure she's expecting us."

He stopped at a door and lightly knocked. A small voice came from inside, "come in."

The room had a single bed and windows on the far wall. The girl in the bed had long hair and wide eyes, a small horn grew from her head as well.

She looked up as the door opened her eyes landing on you first.

You stopped a few feet away from the bed. "Hey, I'm Y/n."

She stared, "I'm Eri."

You smiled, "it's nice to meet you Eri. Sorry, I wasn't able to see you sooner, if I had known I would have come from my hospital room while I was here."

She tilted her head, "you were in this hospital?"

You tried to keep your tone light, "I was, yeah. I was asleep for a lot of it though."

"It's pretty nice here. Kind of cold though."

You laughed a little. "Yeah they really need to get a heater in this place, it would make everything much more enjoyable."

Eri nodded, her expression remaining the same.

"I actually have some pretty nice blankets I can bring over tomorrow. Do you like the color red?"

Something shifted slightly in her face, a brief moment of happiness. "Yeah, I do."

"Awesome, I'll come back tomorrow with some cool stuff for you. And once you leave here you'll have stuff for your new room."

Her eyes widened, "new room?"

"Oh yeah, it's gonna be awesome. We can decorate just how you want to, I'm sure Eraserhead will cover whatever you need."

He gave you an exasperated look, but you saw the humor glinting in his eyes.

Another knock came at the door and a boy stepped in. He was tall with blonde hair and his eyes were... odd.

"Hey, Eri! Sorry, I didn't know there were visitors today."

Aizawa stood up, "it's alright Mirio we actually have to get going."

The boy, Mirio looked at you. "Oh, you're Y/N right? It's so cool to finally meet you."

"Um, yeah. Hi, nice to meet you too."

You turned back to Eri, "I promise we'll hang out for longer tomorrow. It was really nice to meet you though."

She nodded, "ok, you too."

You gave her one last smile and walked back into the hallway.

----------------------------

On the way back to the dorms you planned out what you wanted to bring to Eri for your next visit. It had only been a few minutes but you had already made the promise that you were going to be the coolest older sister ever.

Aizawa dropped you off and then had to leave for a meeting, it was still afternoon so you figured you'd stop by Mina's dorm for a bit. The two of you hadn't been able to talk much.

When you got to her door she opened it incredibly fast. "Y/N! I'm so glad you're here. I was going to text you then remembered you don't have a phone, and I didn't want to bother you by showing up at your dorm."

"You're always welcome to randomly show up at my dorm, I haven't been spending a lot of time there lately though. "

She gestured for you to come inside and you went over to her bed. You had forgotten how pink her room was, but it was awesome.

"So I was actually just about to start this new show if you're interested."

"Yeah what's it about?"

"Ok so from what I've read it's like a world where humans live inside of these walls, and outside of the walls are weird monster things called titans. One day one of the walls gets broken and a bunch of titans break through and eat a bunch of people, including the main character's mom. The main character and his friends then join a group that specializes in killing the titans, and a bunch of crazy stuff happens. "

"That actually sounds really good, I'm down."

"Yay!" She grabbed her tablet and placed it in front of the two of you.

Throughout the episodes, you both talked about your different theories and which characters were the hottest (currently a tie between Levi and Hange.)

You watched around seventeen episodes and by the time you had finished, it was dark outside.

"Wait! How are they just gonna end it like that?! Are you sure we can't watch one more?"

"Trust me I wish we could, but I really need to finish this homework since we have class tomorrow."

"Uggg you're right. I should probably go back to my room and get ready." You sat up.

"Are you gonna be ok tomorrow? Seeing the teachers and stuff?"

You laughed, "oh yeah I've already told them everything I wanted to say. If anything they'll be the uncomfortable ones."

She smirked, "good."

You said your goodbyes and promised to walk to class with each other tomorrow, you left her room and took the elevator to your floor.

Your first instinct was to go to Bakugous room, but you pushed it away.

You went into your dorm and got ready for bed. You could survive a night without him, right? If you were going to just be friends then you needed to get rid of the dependence you had begun to feel.

But it was no use, you tossed and turned for what felt like hours in bed. When you finally gave up and turned on the lights, you sat down and placed your head in your hands.

You were startled by the sound of your door opening.

"What the hell are you doing?" Bakugou stood in the doorway, his arms crossed.

You stood up, "getting ready for bed."

"Alone?"

You kept your face blank, "yeah."

"You sure you aren't waiting for someone else?" He asked with an edge to his voice.

"What?"

"Well, this morning you said you were going to train alone, then I see you running with that purple-haired loser from general studies."

Was that... jealousy you heard in his voice?

"Were you watching me?"

"Tch, and what if I was?"

"If you were then I'd say you're a creep."

He stepped forward, "I just saw the two of you running together. After you had told me you didn't need a chaperone."

You took a step forward as well. "He wasn't my chaperone, I had no idea he was going to be there."

"Sure you didn't."

You raised your eyebrows and scoffed, "what the hell is your problem right now? You're acting pretty damn jealous for someone who claims to be my friend."

His brows narrowed. "Is that why you were acting like such a bitch this morning? You're pissed because I said we were friends?!"

Your eyes widened. "Hold on, you do not ever call me a bitch got it? And I don't know, maybe after we spent the night doing facemasks and cuddling, I was kind of surprised by your statement."

"You are so damn confusing you know that?!"

Your jaw dropped, "I'm the confusing one?! The night I got back you told me there hadn't been a second where you weren't thinking of me, and finally admitted that you cared about me. And then the next night you call yourself my friend! How the hell is that supposed to make me feel Katsuki?!"

He put his hand on his head and shut his eyes, "I shouldn't have said that."

"Which one exactly?"

"I don't know, both!" He opened his eyes again.

"Both?! Remind me how I'm the confusing one again?"

"After what you just went through, you don't need the extra pressure of anything else. I said we were friends because that is what you need right now."

"Why is everyone constantly assuming they know what I need?! And for once why don't they consider what I want!"

The two of you stared at each other.

You were the first to break the silence. "You know what? Forget it, I shouldn't have said anything. I made it clear how I felt that night and you turned away. If you came here just to make me feel bad about hanging out with a guy from another class, then you can just leave."

You turned away, but something else hit you. "Also! I don't know what the hell you-"

Your words were cut short by his lips pressing against yours.

For a moment, time seemed to cease. After the initial shock passed, your body relaxed and pressed into his. His hand held the side of your face softly and you felt his thumb stroke against your cheek.

When he pulled away you were speechless.

"Listen dumbass, I said we were friends because I thought that's all you could handle right now. But you're right, I shouldn't be assuming what you do or don't need."

You tried to form words but none would leave your lips.

"It pisses me off that you have so much power over me, when I saw you with that guy this morning, I could have killed someone."

He leaned forward again, "I want you to be mine, and mine alone."

Your breathing was shallow. "I'm still mad at you for... things."

He smirked, "we can talk about those things later cant we?"

You nodded and he leaned in further, his lips nearly touching yours. "I don't want a distraction, I don't want friendship, I want you. Every damn piece of you, the good and the bad."

"It's about damn time." This time it was you who pressed your lips into his, one of his hands went to your lower back while the other cupped your cheek. His hold was passionate and protective, you wanted nothing more than to remain like this forever.

When you both pulled apart he had a small smile on his face.

You placed your hand on his face, "you should do that more often."

His smile deepened and you stared intently, attempting to memorize this moment.

Not many words were spoken the rest of the night. The two of you ended up sitting close to one another on your bed, simply allowing yourselves the wordless vulnerability you were sharing.

After the lights were out, and the two of you were lying in bed, his arm wrapped around you and your body pressed into his.

A million thoughts ran through your head, but instead of focusing on them you allowed yourself to savor this moment in time.

You didn't even process the fact that right now you were lying in your own bed, without any fear or discomfort.

He placed his hand over yours and traced slow circles with his finger.

That night was the first time in months that you didn't have a single nightmare.

----------------------------------

After 33 chapters it's finally happened! So sorry it got so late, I really didn't think the chapter would be this long.

For anyone like me who always loses interest after the couple gets together because they lose their flavor, don't worry. Their relationship is obviously going to change and grow as new feelings and experiences occur, but they are still gonna have their banter and aspects of their original dynamic. Trust me they will not be a boring couple.

Also the whole fear of needles was a personal attack on myself. If anyone wants to wish me luck bc i gotta get a blood test tomorrow it would be much appreciated. I genuinely have thrown up and/or passed out every time i've had a needle stuck in me (even the finger pricks bruh) so yeah 🥰🥰

New chapter will be up friday! Sorry for the delay, my schedule has just been insane lately and i know the chapter will be better if i'm not sleep deprived while writing it lol

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

373K 10.6K 165
After a rough past, (Y/N) never believed she would be able to open her heart for anyone but her baby brother. That all changes when she arrives at UA...
810K 24.4K 148
[BEING REWRITTEN] You and your twin brother, Katsuki Bakugou, have been close your whole life. Even through you two were close, you've always been ho...
975K 38.6K 169
You're sort of a slut. And a spy. A slutty spy. (does contain lemons - I've marked those chapters!) #1 bnhafanfic on Dec 29, 2020! #1 bakugoxreader...
7.9K 227 19
Izuku had a rough life, being quirkless and all, but when he get's captured by the heroes and forced into UA to be rehabilitated, he realizes he's sl...