Transmigrated as the Male Lea...

By Ricecake1993

Instead of reincarnating as the Heroine or the Villainess, I was transferred into the body of the Male Lead... More

Prologue: A New Beginning
Chapter 1: Prince Xander's Will
Chapter 3: Retreat to Recuperate

Chapter 2: Being Called an Apostle

175 5 1
By Ricecake1993

Transmigrated as the Male Lead: I'm Marrying My Villainess Fiancée!

Chapter 2

.

Being Called an Apostle

.

The next day as promised, I addressed the public at Altmir's Cathedral where I was miraculously resurrected.

Father told me how it happened. A bright light shone through the glass roof before it beamed right down on my lavish coffin, blinding everyone. Then, suddenly, I was sitting up and they were all shitting their pants. They were quick to say it's a miracle, but if I were them and I saw someone getting out of their casket, low key, I'll be preparing for a zombie invasion instead of celebrating a dead guy.

For now, there were a lot of people who believes that I was holy-sent, just because I came back from the grave. Things got even more complicating when the church received a missive from the Holy Lands of Altmireva that an oracle was just delivered by the heavens.

Basically, the oracle was about me---specifically, Prince Xander---that I am now an Apostle of Altmir.

Hahahaha! What the fuck? Why? As if I didn't have enough shit to deal with, I was now an apostle of a God I don't even know, hear, or see!

The Holy Priest, Father Aigner, tried to appeal to me to stay in the capital for a few days to celebrate of being named an apostle—whatever that meant---but I refused. I wanted to spend my time with my parents, and to find my own identity in this world.

Still, I wonder why the God Altmir named me an apostle. Honestly, I wish this whole thing was like those Reincarnated stories where the God(s) were portrayed as people and that we would actually have conversations. Maybe even drink tea and eat snacks.

But no. I was just dropped into a dead guy's body, and now I have to make up some speech on the stand.

"Father, what should I say?" I asked in a whisper while clenching my teeth. My turn was coming up soon as the Priest was recanting the tale of my resurrection and singing praises to Altmir.

"Well... say whatever comes from your mind, son," the King said.

I shrunk a bit. "Okay..."

That didn't help at all. If I were to say anything that comes out first from my mind, it would be 'fuck me', and that wouldn't be appropriate. I think my mother will faint if she heard me curse like that.

To my horror, Priest Aigner even revealed to the public of the Holy Land's missive. "This morning, we received a letter from Altmireva! An oracle was delivered to the Seers, and in the words of the Almighty Altmir, He conveyed that Prince Xander shall be His Apostle!"

My stomach churned as the crowd awed and gasped in gossips over the news.

Maybe I should just abandon ship now before it's too late.

"And now, a few words from Altmir's Apostle, Prince Xander!" Priest Aigner gestured to me at the top steps of the front Cathedral where the crowd was waiting to hear my voice.

With a straight, calm face, I reluctantly head up to the steps.

There was no podium, no mic, or camera to relay my message over this huge crowd that gathered at the lower steps of the church, but because of how quiet they all were, one could even hear a needle drop to the cobble stone ground. I was even afraid that they could hear the anxious grinding of my teeth as I stood there before the audience all keen to listen to what I have to say.

Swallowing my fear, I gathered my courage to speak.

"My people of Therondia...!" I started, and then, my jaw was left hanging.

What the fuck am I supposed to say!?

Holy shit!! No wonder the number one fear on people's list is public speaking. This was too much pressure!!

First, I died because of a sickness. It was Prince Xander's who committed suicide and the whole public knew it. Then, out of mercy, Altmir resurrected him, when actually this deity just shoved me into a meat-sack, who was too ashamed to make amends. I cannot relate! Who can relate---

Then... I remembered.

"I... I've committed... the gravest sin of my life," I started again, borrowing the first line of the letter. "And I pray to Altmir, it shall not be repeated. Not again. This, I promise to the King and Queen—To my loving mother and father that this stupid son won't do it again."

As I said this, I glanced over to see my mother's eyes tearing up and father swallowing his throat visibly, both trying their hardest to stay strong.

"...There comes a time in everyone's lives where they find themselves rock bottom," I said. "And in front of them is a wall. A very, very tall wall... So tall that it blocked out the sun, but they know that the only way to get out of that pitch dark ditch is to climb that inconceivable wall. And so... like many of us, we climb. We had to, if we wanted to see the sky again..."

I wasn't joking when I said everything was quiet. All eyes were one me, listening attentively. Some even understood what I was trying to say, and others were uncertain, but that's fine. I kept going.

"Along the way, I lost my grip, and I fell... Instead of getting back up again to climb the wall, I dug myself a grave. I gave up, because I really believed I couldn't do it."

At this point, I was trying my hardest to understand Prince Xander. The irrational and immature prince who made a mistake, and he didn't even try to fix it, because...

"...Because all I felt was shame...and hopelessness. Nothing I do is going to change anything, I was so sure of that," I said, knowing now that maybe Xander didn't believe he deserved to be forgiven.

"...But then I woke up... in a coffin with people who mourned over my passing... To see my parents again, I felt indescribable relief...and remorse, for hurting them. I know I had hurt them... People say that this is a miracle, and now I've been called to be an apostle. I don't really know what that position or what plans the Almighty Altmir has for me, but... underneath it all, behind a title, I'm still human as you are."

"...What I really want to say is that if you find yourself where I was, down in the dark, climb," I told them. "And if you fall, just get up and climb again. Because from now on, I'll keep climbing that wall with you... Thank you."

...

A few seconds of venerable silence passed before the crowd burst into deafening wails that would surely shatter the cathedral's prismatic windows.

Then, a hand grasped my shoulder and I looked to see the Priest.

"May Altmir continue to watch over you, Prince," he said. Wait. His eyes are red. Was he crying?

Actually, a lot of people that I can see close were pouring rain out from their eyes. This either could be the festival of tears, or I just made a really good speech.

Finally, my family and I retreated into the Royal Carriage. We made our way out of the capital, riding out to the Summer Retreat Palace.

"My dearest, I was so overwhelmed by your speech," My mother said, patting her wet cheeks with her silk handkerchief. "And it is not just me. Your words have touched many hearts. I didn't know you can speak so well."

"I had to improvise..." I said. "I'm still a bit unsure why I did what I did, but I meant what I said. It won't happen again."

Mother let out a little sob before nodding her head. I wanted to hug her, but with the carriage moving, it was a bit dangerous. Instead, I opted to hold her hand and give it a small squeeze. She appreciated that.

"Son," my father called to me though he seemed hesitant. "I... we haven't been really close, and perhaps my neglect to you lead to this."

Neglect...? Ah... in the letter, Xander mentioned 'King' rather than 'father', and yet the 'queen' he referred as 'mother'. Perhaps prior to this, his relationship with his father was strained, or maybe misunderstood.

"But... I want you to come forward to me if there is anything on your mind," he said. "Or if you had any worries, I'd like it if you could tell it to us. Even if I am King, you are still my son, and no royal duty should have stopped me from connecting with you."

My heart swelled at that. This father had a very intimidating, no-nonsense face, but he's rather affectionate. Perhaps his duties really did get in the way of forming a close relationship with his son.

I think if Prince Xander heard this, he would have started crying, knowing that his father loves him.

"Thank you...Dad," I said, finding it more comfortable to say that, but I wasn't sure with him. "Can I call you dad? Especially when it's just us family."

He let out a humph, crossing his arms. "Of course, you can. I am your father. What else am I supposed to be?"

I snorted a bit when he made light of my question. Mom couldn't help but jive, "A king who ditched his duties?"

My father's appalled face forced me to laugh.

"Ditched my duties---I'm sure my council can survive a week without me," he said, holding his chin up, indignant. Mother laughed a bit more as she leaned in close to comfort him.

"I merely jest, my love."

The way she said it... it almost seemed like father had never taken a vacation. This might be their---our first outing in a long time as a family.

Good, I couldn't wait to relax at this summer retreat before I would get thrown into chaos of my new and unknown future. Sigh, Apostle... I still can't wrap my head around that. What was God Altmir thinking? Maybe it's something to help me to stop the demon army from coming?

Whatever the reason, I'm going to have do my best preventing the demon army from destroying Therondia.

.

.

.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.2M 148K 82
What will happen when an innocent girl gets trapped in the clutches of a devil mafia? This is the story of Rishabh and Anokhi. Anokhi's life is as...
707K 46.5K 56
သေလမ်းကိုလျှောက်ရမယ်ဆိုရင်တောင်မောင့်ကိုချစ်ဖို့ရွေးချယ်မယ်
1M 25.7K 44
When young Diovanna is framed for something she didn't do and is sent off to a "boarding school" she feels abandoned and betrayed. But one thing was...
1.6M 71.6K 76
မာဗာရစ် + ခွန်းညီလွန်းရန် ( 8.9.2023)