The Eighth Year - Under Major...

By hauntedwish

UNDER MAJOR RECONSTRUCTION! PROCEED WITH CAUTION LMAOOOO Chapters 1-38 have been edited \\~// The war is over... More

1 - New Year
2 - Sorting
3 - Common room
4 - Breakfast
5 - Muggle Things
6 - Sharing
7 - Cork
8 - Room
9 - Date
10 - Thoughts
11 - Eggs
12 - Questions
13 - Codswallop
14 - Edge
15 - Packing
16 - Platform
17 - Malfoy Manor
18 - My piece
19 - Errand
20 - Shopping
21 - Australia
22 - Australia (2)
23 - Come Back
24 - Lunch
25 - Christmas
26 - St.Moritz
27 - Cinderella
28 - Telling Narcissa
29 - Return
30 - Transfer Student
31 - Nightmare
32 - Notes
33 - M.I.A
34 - Talking
35 - Nap
36 - Questions
37 - Infirmary
38 - Veritaserum
39 - Planning
40 - Advice
41 - Morning
42 - Valentine's
43 - Ginny
44 - Trying
45 - March 13
46 - Rattasatis
47 - Clingy
48 - Refusal
49 - Astronomy
50 - Tie
51 - Pillows
53 - Sick
54 - Kid
55 - Common Room
56 - Wedding
Where I've been
57 - Whipped
58 - Pre-wedding Jitters
Little Announcement

52 - Dirigible Plums

1.3K 48 11
By hauntedwish

1999, April 3rd
Today was Luna and Blaise's big day and everyone was rushing around preparing everything for the ceremony.
Luna was sitting calmly at her desk preparing to walk down the aisle to Blaise. She was donning a pair of homemade sunflower earrings and her hair was simply curled and left down to hang around her blue wedding dress. She had chose to go quite simple for her wedding day, rather than over the top like some brides did. If she was going to get married, she wanted to be as comfortable as possible, seeing as this would set the tone for her married life. She also opted for a blue gown, stepping away from the tradition of a white wedding dress. The gown she chose truly showcased all that Luna was, it even included several rabbits, which happened to ber her patronus. 

In Luna's eyes, the rabbits that were hopping around on her dress showcased how happy she was on this day. She would have her patronus right with her as she married the man she was so deeply in love with. Her wedding would truly be anything but traditional. Each floral decoration contained a dirigible plum or two and they had both opted to do a very different ceremony, one that really let the pair shine instead of the boring, traditional wedding they were bound to see so many of.  It was going to be gorgeous. 

Luna and Ginny were finishing up the final touches to her ensemble before the ceremony that would happen in just a few minutes. 

On the other side of the door, Blaise had been getting ready for their big day as well. Although he was not quite as eclectic as Luna was. 

He had chosen a sleek navy tuxedo with a dirigible plum and lavender sprig instead of a classic boutonniere, honoring Luna's love for the strangle plant. His tie featured a small good luck charm on the inside that Luna had made for him on their special day. 

Rather than being incredibly stressed like most were on their wedding day, Blaise was cool as a cucumber and ready to have a wife, he just couldn't hold in his excitement for seeing her walk down the aisle. 

He hadn't stopped talking about Luna since he finished getting ready, it had almost started to annoy Draco - who was his best man - but then Draco remembered this is what he would most likely be on his wedding day, so he held his tongue. 

"What do you think her dress will be like, mate? It's Luna so we all know it won't be at all simple." Blaise asks Draco, taking a seat on the nearest couch

"How should I know loverboy? I barely know the girl. You're the one marrying her. We'll see her in a few minutes. But I'll be sure to have someone get a photo of you when you see her. I'm betting Hermione  twenty galleons you won't cry so I'm gonna need you to stay strong for me, mate." Draco laughs, taking a drink of firewhiskey that had been placed in the room to ease the nerves of everyone involved. 

"Should we go ahead and make out way the the altar?" Blaise asks Draco

"Yeah I'd say we can go ahead and head that way. Are you ready to get married Blaise?" Draco asks, patting his best friend on the shoulder, heading out of the room after letting the girls in the other room know they were heading to the ceremony, so they could avoid seeing each other. 

If Blaise and Luna had it their way, they wouldn't have been separate the entire day, but Ginny had insisted they not lay eyes on one another until it was time for them to become man and wife. 

\\~//

The seats were beginning to fill up at the Black Lake were Luna and Blaise would be getting married, people had been taking in the wild decorations that showcased both the bride and groom, each guest had been given a handful of sunflower petals to throw when the couple had been joined as man and wife and were retreating back down the aisle together. 

At the end of each aisle were small decorations that held a rabbit, sunflowers and other plants in Luna's basket and rotated between Blaise's which held a raven, sheets of music that he wrote for Luna - Blaise was quite a skilled pianist - and lavender sprigs. 

The altar was a spinning waterwheel, but instead of spinning normal water, it was spinning wiggentree-infused water, once again, this was Luna's idea. 

No matter how strange some of the decorations were, they were still strikingly beautiful and Blaise was taken away at the lovely sight when he first saw it. 

He had let Luna take over most of the decorating, he had no idea how to decorate a wedding and knew Luna would enjoy getting to decorate it however she liked. 

Once the ceremony began, and the piece Blaise had written was being played, Luna began to walk down the aisle.

At the sight of her, sighs of awe followed and Blaise began to cry, followed by an annoyed nudge by Blaise, realizing he had lost his bet to his fiancee and owed her twenty galleons.

Luna was wearing a navy blue wedding dress that matched Blaise's tuxedo almost exactly, but the dress had been enchanted so that the rabbits were hopping around and the butterflies were flitting around, there were even a few stars twinkling. 

Once Luna reached the altar, she handed her bouquet to Ginny and connected her hands to Blaises, looking to their officiant, who was actually Luna's father, Xenophilius Lovegood, who looked as if he were about to cry at the sight of his daughter. 

"Welcome to this place this afternoon, friends and family. We are brought here today by Luna and Blaise to celebrate the union of these two faithful souls. I know we are all quite joyed to witness the joining of these two together. Together we all watched them grow, succeed, fail and fight through much of their young lives. It is only fitting we share such a lovely afternoon on the grounds were these two met and fell in love together. 

A marriage is all about love, respect, fun and being together. Sharing knowledge, experiences, triumphs and tribulations..."

Xenophilius continued for a while before finally reaching the part of the ceremony they would exchange vows. 

They had both opted to write their own vows since they were placed in such a strange situation. 

"Luna, my rabbit, back at the beginning of this term, I truly didn't want to be back at Hogwarts, I just wanted to get on with my life and I assumed I would be alone forever, in fact, I was ready for it...and then found ourselves in a relationship from a manky old hat...and honestly, I was not ready to be married, but after learning everything I know about you and spending so much time with you, I fell so deeply in love it hurts. I am so excited to spend the rest of our lives together and see where our lives lead us. I never knew I could fall in love with someone so eclectic and mesmerizing as you. I thank that manky old hat everyday for putting us together, for giving me my soulmate and giving me someone to truly love with all I am. So Lun, I promise to encourage all that you are, all that you dream. I promise to make you laugh and hold your hand. I promise to write as many songs as I can for you. I promise to be your partner. And I promise to talk about how much I love you so much that it makes Draco pitch himself off the astronomy tower.  I give you my all when I hide it away from everyone."

"Blaisey, I always knew you were a beautiful soul, even before I truly knew the real you. I never told you this but I once walked in on you reading all about different plants and creatures I had spoken of because you wanted to be able to have a true discussion with me about these things, and I believe that's what real love really is; researching things your partner loves so you may be able to see their eyes light up. Sometimes when you've woken up first, I wake up and fell you just looking at me and I know that your gaze is filled with love and it makes my heart fill with warmth, knowing, in your words, that manky old hat was the reason we were so filled with love. I've been able to see you truly blossom this year as we've been together. I love that you accept me for all I am, silliness and all. I thank you for everything you do for me. I vow to always be by your side, to teach you about things you may not want to know, to always make you see the bright side of things. I vow to give you random tidbits throughout the day of things I read in The Quibbler. I vow to make you laugh when you are in the middle of brooding or being serious. I vow to love you as much as I possibly can, and then some." 

The couple then exchanged rings on the prompt of Xenophilius and after the exchanging of rings, they brought out a pair of dirigible plums and fed them to each other, then throwing them into the nearby grass. 

"Having pledged their love and life to one another, by the power vested in me by the minister of magic, I now pronounce you husband and wife. Welcome to the family Blaise. You may now kiss your wife." Xenophilius says, stepping away so it is just the newlyweds at the altar as they kiss as  man and wife for the first time. 

\\~//

Following the ceremony, they all apparated to the Lovegood home where Xenophilius had a large tent added to the field, similar to the weddings that took place at the burrow. The reception had been decorated a bit more sleek to compensate for Blaise's side while still having the whimsical nature of Luna. 

After nearly thirty minutes, speeches begin at the request of Luna and Blaise, beginning with Ginny. 

Walking up to the stage, Ginny cast a quick Sonorus before speaking, "Luna has been one of my best friends for as long as I can remember, she's always been there for me and I like to think I've been there for her as well. Luna is the sweetest and most wonderful witch I have had the pleasure of knowing, she is always doing things for the good of her friends. I don't want to bring up the war in the past, but Luna had gone through so much and yet, she still remained herself when so many people changed. Luna has always had a good,  loving heart. When I was writing this speech, the first thing that came to mind was Dumbledore's Army. I remember we would sneak off the the Room of Requirement with Neville when we weren't already having meetings to practice what my dear husband was teaching us all, we had already been good friends before but I think it was in those weeks where we really came to know so much about one another. Blaise you really are lucky to have such a wonderful witch as your wife. I don't know you as well as I would like to but I know that if you love Luna, then you're good enough for me. I know that we'll get to know each other quite well, and please know that if I find out you hurt my friend, there is so where you can hide, and I will hunt you down. I wish you two all the happiness in the world. To the Bride and Groom!" Ginny finishes, rising her glass in the air in cheers. 

Immediately following Ginny's speech, Draco is pushed to the stage by Hermione, almost spilling his drink in the process.

"Hello...I'm Draco, this gits bet mate. I hate making speeches but I'm only doing this since he is forcing me to. Blaise and I didn't actually know each other very well until our fifth year at Hogwarts. Blaise was always quite a loner and kept to himself, he's always been that way. I think that's probably why we are such good mates, we both like to be alone, it always just feels safer...to me atleast, I think for Blaise he just didn't want to bother with the gits we were surrounded by. Uh, honestly I'm not quite sure what I'm supposed to say but Luna, I'm glad Blasie has you, otherwise he'd be even more of a tosspot than he was before. No matter how annoying it gets when he can't shut up about how perfect you are or how in love he is, I'm glad that you two are together. I know we don't know each other quite well as the redhead said, but seeing as you are now married to my best mate you might want to get used to me hanging around. No matter how this union came to be, and honestly, many of ours, I'm grateful Blaise has someone to cherish. You make him a decent guy. Have a good marriage you two. To Blaise and Luna." He finishes, getting off the stage as soon as he can

Draco sits back down next to Hermione who tells him he did a great job. 

Blaise and Luna then each make a short speech, thanking their guests for attending and each telling the other how grateful they are to have one another, they finish by asking everyone to enjoy the rest of the reception. 

\\~//

An hour later, most people had begun to clear out, while Draco and Hermione were busy slow-dancing in the middle of the dance floor while soft music was playing, Hermione had leaned her head onto Draco's shoulder and they were spinning softly

"Can you believe that Blaise is married?" Draco asks suddenly, making Hermione lift her head

"Well...yes. Drake we knew this was happening. They really do love one another, I mean...just look at their faces." Hermione says softly, gesturing to where Blaise and Luna were dancing

"I know. I just never saw Blaise marrying anyone and now he's totally enamored with her. It's just mind-boggling to me, I guess." He mutters

"That'll be use soon, you know. Our wedding is in less than a month." Hermione says softly

Draco says nothing, instead pulling her in for a chaste kiss. 

They continue to dance for a few more minutes before bidding the newlyweds goodbye and wishing them a lovely honeymoon before apparating back to Hogwarts.

\\~//

They both walked slowly back to their room, not quite wanting to head to bed just yet. They were both in such a wonderful mood after being able to witness such a lovely wedding of their good friends. 

Once they reach their room, Hermione tells Draco she is going to go take a shower before heading to bed. 

While Hermione is gone, Draco receives an owl with a piece of parchment attached to its leg

Unfolding the letter, Draco realizes it is from his mother. 

Draco, 

I realize we have not seen quite eye to eye the past few months and I wish to apologize for plotting against you and your new fianceé.

I have accepted that you will be marrying Ms.Granger and realize now that I was quite daft in my actions. 

I do hope the pair of you will forgive my actions. I have cut ties with the family I conspired with in hopes of being forgiven. 

I do not wish to be a stranger to my only son and his soon to be wife. 

I also realize you are to produce an heir to the Malfoy name and do not wish to be a stranger to what could be my only grandchild. 

I do hope you will soon forgive me and allow me to be in attendance at your wedding next month. 

With love and regards,

Your loving mother. 

Sighing, Draco puts the letter down and thinks hard while he waits for Hermione to return so he could discuss this issue with her.

\\~//

Friends! 

I hope you all enjoyed this chapter!

This is actually the longest one I have written with nearly 3,000 words, which may not seem like a lot, but it is to me. 

I honestly really loved this chapter, I thought it was lovely to write about their wedding and I had so much fun thinking up ideas for how Luna would design a wedding. I have included a photo of what I imagine Luna's wedding gown would be like. 

I hope you loved it as much as I did and let me know what you think about the letter Draco received from his mother. 

Do you think he should/will forgive her?

Let me know what you think! I love to hear these things!

Lots of Love, 

Shelby xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

302 73 11
[Draco Malfoy x female MC] **PREVIOUSLY TITLED LOVE IS MAE** It's been eleven years since the Battle of Hogwarts, eleven years since Mae Pond last se...
398K 9.4K 26
The war is over. The Golden trio and others return for their final year at Hogwarts. The war still leaving an impact on many people. However now the...
1.6M 39.5K 66
• Smut Warning • Completed • ~ Aria Rowen, A 7th year Hufflepuff returning after the Battle of Hogwarts. A certain Slytherin, coming back for his 8th...
38.5K 857 61
*COMPLETED* The Golden Trio go back to Hogwarts to retake their seventh year. They then find out they must be married to someone with no choice. Herm...