The "new" Girl

By grassisntgreen

Y/n L/n was a quiet girl at Hogwarts sorted into Slytherin and was never noticed by anyone. She became friend... More

chapter 2
chapter 3
chapter 4
chapter 5
chapter 6
chapter 7
A/n
chapter 8
chapter 9
chapter 10
chapter 11
A/N
new characters
chapter 12
chapter 13
chapter 14
chapter 15

chapter 1

7.7K 121 148
By grassisntgreen

Unexpected Events At the Burrow

It was August sixth the day before the Quidditch World Cup and Y/n L/n was about to leave for the Weasleys.

"Mother do I have to go?" She asked her mother who was sitting and reading.

"Darling you haven't seen your friends all summer or any summers in that matter. Why wouldn't you want to go?"

"I- I don't know maybe I should stay here and read." She quickly replied.

"Sweetie you've read all summer. You always decline when we say we're going to the Malfoy's for banquets."

"Because I don't like it there." Y/n frowned. "I have to stay here because.." 'what do I say!' She thought. "It's my birthday today!" "Oh yeah it's not like my mother won't know my own birthday' Y/n scolded herself in her head.

"Y/n." Her mother said closing her book. "Your birthday is September 25th. Im still sad because we aren't able to have a family dinner."

"Bloody hell I knew I wouldn't fool you. But I have a weird scar and people talk to me about it a lot, it's weird."

"Y/n you already know the meaning behind that scar." Her mother snapped.

Her mother wasn't wrong y/n was almost killed if it wasn't for the fact that her grandmother had saved her. Just like Harry Potter she had "the scar" his was on his head.

Hers was on her chest which she could easily hide away.

"Now go pack your bag. Your ticket to the Quidditch World Cup is on your vanity." Her mother opened her book again.

"Fine." She frowned.

Y/n was unhappy she had to go because she changed so much over the summer.
She felt really awkward whenever people would stare at her when she went to public places.
And going back to Hogwarts wasn't going to be fun due to the fact that she looked different.

'But maybe!' Y/n thought. "I know how to play quidditch I practiced over the summer maybe they won't find that attractive. And I'll make friends!"

Y/n smiled at her idea and quickly packed her bag throwing in two outfits her toothbrush hairbrush and a small bit of makeup and some extra underwear.
After that she got changed into her outfit for the day:

Y/n's outfit (ik it seems more 2020 but it's cute)

She closed her bag and walked downstairs to the fireplace.

"Bye mom! Tell dad and Leon that I said goodbye."

Y/n had an older brother in seventh year at Durmstrang she only got to see him in the summer.

"The Burrow!" She said loud and clear.

Just then she opened her eyes and she was standing in the fireplace of a beautiful house.

The Weasleys house.

"Ah Y/n so lovely too see you dear." Mrs. Weasley smiled.

"Thank you for inviting me Mrs.Weasley." Y/n smiled her beautiful smile.

"Oh dear call me Molly I've known you long enough." The small red headed woman smiled.

"Thank you Molly."

"Who's here?!" Y/n heard a familiar voice yell.

"Oh Ron dear it's y/n."

Suddenly the red headed youngest boy Weasley came running into the room.

"Y/n!" He smiled pulling her into a hug.

His face turned shocked when he let go and realized how different she looked.

"Y/n? Bloody hell." He mumbled.

"What?" Y/n asked shocked. "Is there something on my face?"

"Umm n-no." He stuttered. "I- I have to go."

Ron then ran off.

"Well Ginnys in her room the twins are outside Bill and Charlie are upstairs and Percys in his room if you would like to go say hi." Molly smiled.

"Yes I would love to."

Y/n went outside to see the twins who were flying around in circles on their brooms.

"Hey guys!" She yelled up to the boys as she stood outside watching them spin around.

"Y/n!" They flew down.

"Hi!" She smiled. "What we're you guys trying to do anyways?"

"Create a tornado." George smiled.

"It sounded like a bloody awesome idea at first but it didn't work and now we're dizzy and can't see anything." Fred smiled goofily.

"Ok you two should sit down I'll come back later I'm going to go say hi to Ginny." She laughed going back inside.

Y/n went to say hi to Ginny since she was one of her best friends. And the twins were loopy.

"Hey Gin." She said outside the door. "Guess who."

Ginny opened the door and threw her inside.

"Ginny what's going on?" Y/n asked because Ginny looked like she was having a full blown panic attack.

"Well I heard you come through the fireplace and I heard Ron run down the stairs then three seconds later he was running back up as fast as he could." Ginny continued looking like she saw a ghost.

"Continue."

"Well he went up to his room so I followed him and the door was closed so I was about to open it and I heard.." She looked like she was about to puke now.

"You heard.."

"Go hear for yourself I don't want to explain." Ginny was now crawling under the covers like a groundhog.

"Alright fine." Y/n chuckled and rolled her eyes as she left the room and started walking up the stairs to Ron's room which was at the very top.

She got outside the room and was about to knock when she heard something coming from the room.

She couldn't believe her ears.

'Oh. My. GOD.' She thought to herself. 'Is he. Oh. My. God. oh my god.'

Y/n couldn't move and she didn't know why. She wanted to curse her legs to move. But there wasn't anything for that.

She felt as if she needed to cut her ears off.

"Muffliato." She whispered pointing her wand at the door.

No one would find out if she did the tiniest spell out of school.

She then ran back down to Ginnys room not acknowledging Bill Charlie or Percy.

The second she got to Ginnys room she quickly shut the door.

"Oh. My. God." Y/n was on the verge of jumping out the window.

"Why did you tell me to go up there?!!" She silently screeched.

"Cause I didn't want to say it!" Ginny said finally looking at her.

"Woah. Ok now I know why he did that." She smiled.

"What?!"

"Your hot now you shall expect it to happen a lot." Ginny smiled trying to sound like Professor Snape.

"Ginny!" Y/n laughed grabbing a pillow and hitting her with it.

"What?? I'm not lying!" Ginny squealed in-between laughs.

"I'm going back downstairs to Fred and George." Y/n rolled her eyes.

"Have fun." Ginny grinned.

"Become a groundhog again." She laughed throwing a pillow at Ginny before going back downstairs.

When she got down to the main floor she saw Mr and Mrs. Weasley talking in the kitchen.

"Hello Mr. Weasley it's nice to see you." Y/n smiled.

"Why hello y/n it's lovely to see you. We're going to get Harry in ten minutes if you would like to come." Mr. Weasley asked her.

"Oh I'd love to." She smiled.

"Great. I'm going to tell Ron right now." He smiled walking to the stairs.

"No!" She yelled.

"Why not dear?" Mrs. Weasley questioned walking into the room.

"Because he's reading a book and doesn't want to be disrupted." Y/n quickly lied.

"Oh alright but if he's not down in ten minutes I will go and-" Mrs. Weasley started before y/n cut her off.

"I can get him it's ok." Y/n now knew she had to go back to the room in ten minutes.

Oh how fun.

Y/n walked outside to see the twins walking normally again.

"Are you guys feeling better now?" She laughed putting her hands in her back pockets.

"Yes now that we see you." Fred smirked.

"Haha very funny. We're leaving to get Harry in ten minutes."

"So your joining us." George smiled.

"Yes I am because I want to see my friend."

"Shall we say." George started.

"That your joining the elite group of awesome redheads?" Fred finished the sentence.

"Or as I like to call it. EGOAR." George

"Very funny now let's go." She rolled her y/e/c eyes.

"Who are you and what have you done with shy little y/n?" George asked.

"I grew up." She smiled walking inside and going up the stairs to get Ron.

Completely forgetting about the muffliato spell she placed on the door she thought Ron was finished. She opened the door to tell him they had to go.

"Hey Ron-" Y/n looked up and saw that he wasn't finished.

"Bloody hell y/n!"

She tried to avert her eyes. But she saw, it.

Y/n acted like nothing happened straightened herself up and said.

"Umm. Hey, we're leaving to go get Harry. So be down in five."

"Uh- alright." He stuttered.

Before she left the room she stopped at the door.

"Please. Please, put a silencing charm on the room next time. It would be very much appreciated."

Y/n went back downstairs where everyone was ready to leave.

"Are you ready?" Mr. Weasley asked.

"Yes Ron's just coming now." Y/n smiled.

'Why did I say it like that.'  Y/n thought.

"Alrighty then I'll go first." Mr. Weasley stated stepping into the fireplace grabbing a handful of floo powder. "No. 4 Privet Drive." He yelled throwing the floo powder down and disappearing.

"Alright Fred your turn." Mrs. Weasley said.

"No. 4 Privet Drive." Fred was gone.

And then George.

"Y/n it's your turn since Ron's not down yet." Mrs. Weasley smiled.

Y/n grabbed a handful of floo powder and spoke very clearly saying "No. 4 Privet Drive." And was gone she felt herself land on top of something that felt like a human.

It was very dark.

"Fred? George? Are you there?" She asked.

"Yes were right here." Fred and George said at the same time.

"I don't know how you do that." Y/n asked.

"Do what?" They said in sync again.

Just then she felt someone land on top of her.

"Hey Ron." She laughed.

"H-hi."

"Bombarda." Mr. Weasley said and just then they were crawling out into the living room of the Dursley's house.

Y/n ran to Harry giving him a big hug.

"Harry I've missed you!" She smiled.

"So have I." He looked at her with his mouth agape. "A lot." He smiled.

"Harry we'll go get your trunk." Fred and George said running up the stairs.

Y/n walked up to his uncle and aunt.

"Hello." She smiled. "I'm y/n l/n." She reached out her hand for them to shake which they declined before looking at her face. Just then Harry's cousin walked up to her.

"Hi. I'm Dudley. Maybe don't hang out with my loser cousin. You could hang out with me." He grinned an ugly grin. "We have an extra room. You could spend the summer here."

Y/n's eyes were wide open and she gave a smile to make herself seem nicer.

"I'm fine. Thanks for the offer. I've really missed Harry and I'd like to spend the rest of summer with him." Harry looked at her smiling. "And to be honest, I would never want to spend my summer with you."

Harry's aunt Petunia ran up to Dudley. "Don't be sad Duddlykins you're way to good for her." She whined while smothering him with kisses.

"That's not true." Harry whispered in Y/N's ear making her smile.

the twins came downstairs with Harry's trunk.

"Want a piece of candy." George asked Dudley.

Dudley went to grab one but Harry's uncle swatted his hand away. "Dudley they're probably poisoned."

George shrugged his shoulders and turned away. Suddenly the bag broke. 'Surprising' Y/n thought.

Candy scattered all over the floor.

"Oh no." Fred said. "Could you help us pick this up." He asked Dudley.

Dudley stood there. Not moving. But when no one was looking he grabbed a single candy.

30 seconds later Y/N heard a high pitched scream. She turned away from her conversation with Harry to see his cousin. More or less his tongue. Which had grown at least a foot.

"My god! What happened here." Mr. Weasley asked.

"Alright time to leave. Y/n you first."

Y/n grabbed a handful of floo powder.

"Bye!"

"The burrow."

Suddenly she was back.

The rest of the day consisted of her talking to Ginny the twins trying to pull dirty pranks on her.

Finally she was getting ready for bed.

"Should I change here or in the bathroom?" She asked.

"Your choice." Ginny replied.

"I'll go change in the bathroom then."

Y/n walked into the bathroom with her pjs and started undressing.

She finally got her shirt off. Suddenly she heard two voices and the door creaking open. 

"Hey Y/n. HOLY SHIT. Sorry." She looked and saw Ron was covering his eyes with his hands.

"Hey guys." She said awkwardly. "I'm just gonna. Ok." She closed the door.

Suddenly her scar started to hurt.

"Harry." She whispered through the door.

"Yeah." He replied.

"Does your scar hurt too?" She asked.

"Yeah." He said.

About a minute later the pain stopped.

Finally she finished putting her pyjamas on. (A super cute pair of shorts and a white tee.) and brushing her teeth.

She opened the door and said goodnight to Harry and Ron.

"Do you want a hug goodnight?" Ron asked.

"Subtle, Ron." Harry whispered into Ron's ear.

"Sure." Y/n smiled embracing him in a hug. "It's great to see you guys again.

"Y'know I could use a hug too." Harry smiled. Ron snickered.

Y/n gave him a quick hug and walked to Ginnys room and they talked for a bit before falling asleep.

Third person POV watching Ron and Harry:

Ron and Harry went back up to Ron's room utterly embarrassed and aroused.

"How did this happen?" Harry asked sitting in his bed.

"Well she got really good looking over the summer I guess." Ron replied.

"You guess?"

"Bloody hell your right." Ron went big eyed. "What are we going to do. Everyone's going to like her now."

"There's nothing we really can do. She's a Slytherin too remember that."

"Well everyone in her house hates her." Ron said.

"Well probably not anymore. Brilliant just brilliant." Harry leaned back on his bed resting his hands behind his head.

"How did you feel you know when you saw her like that?" Ron asked Harry.

"Well I thought she was good looking. Better than last year."

"Well now she looks better than every girl at our school." Ron sighed.

"Well I guess we just go with it?" Harry asks.

"I guess. Goodnight Harry." Ron says.

"Night Ron."

————————-

A/N:

HEY BESTIES THIS IS THE LONGEST CHAPTER I HAVE WRITTEN EEE IT IS 2510 words woah

ANWAYS WHOOHOO SEE YALL NEXT CHAPTER

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

367K 10.5K 52
Let's read a story. One about a girl who grew up in her own mind. Times she was too deep in her own thoughts when people talked not to realize how mu...
50.3K 952 40
Bella Makenna, a sixth year Hufflepuff, is just an average witch attending Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. She spends her days watching Q...
2.1M 45.2K 51
A Gryffindor girl, finally making her return to Hogwarts after being away for 5 years. A Slytherin boy, cocky, arrogant and lonely. The two unexpec...
1.7K 29 21
Y/n Snape daughter of Severus Snape, she's in her 5th year with her best friends the Weasley twins, and their friend Lee Jordan while the golden trio...