Together... and Apart

By jcleswrites

Two amazing actors falling in love onset.. how will they manage to see each other everyday? +Creds to Warner... More

Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
Part 8
Part 9
Part 10
Part 11
Part 12
Part 13
Part 14
Part 15
Part 16
Part 17
Part 18
Part 19
Part 20
Part 21
Part 22
Part 23
Part 24
Part 25
Part 26
Part 27
Part 28
Part 29
Part 30
Part 31
Part 32

Part 1

3.1K 30 6
By jcleswrites

May 4th, 1994, Warner Bros Studios 

Jennifer's POV: 

It's the first day of filming "Friends", and I'm the first one to arrive. I wait on a small leather couch next to Marta Kauffman, David Crane and Kevin Bright's office. I fidget with my fingers nervously wondering about my soon-to-be co-stars and worrying about how I will introduce myself. 

"I hope we all get along," I mutter nervously under my breath. Soon I see Marta pop out our her office door asking for me to come inside. I slowly get up and make my way into her office.

"Hi Jennifer! Great to see you here so early," she says to me cheerfully, which causes all of my nervousness to go down the drain. I smile back at her and look around her office, interested with my surroundings. 

"I decided to bring you in here just to clarify some things with you, so if you have any questions, please go ahead," she says with a smile.

"I'm so happy to be here today and i'm incredibly thankful that you chose me to play the role as Rachel Green. I already know pretty much about what the show is going to be about, so I'm just wondering about the rest of the main characters and how they will act," I question.

"So you are already aware about what the show will be about, thats great! The rest of the characters are: Monica Geller, Ross Geller, Chandler Bing, Phoebe Buffay and Joey Tribbiani. Monica is more of a clean freak, very uptight and more on the strict side. Ross is Monica's brother, a paleontolegist and is divorced to his lesbian ex-wife.  Phoebe has a straight-forward personality and is incredibly funny and weird. Chandler is very sarcastic and makes unnecessary, but funny jokes all the time, and Joey is a hot-shot kind of guy trying to pursue his acting career." she explains.

"Cool! I'm so excited!" I exclaim.

"Oh! I almost forgot to tell you about the actual people who will be playing the roles. Courtney Cox will be playing the role of Monica, David Schwimmer is going to be Ross Geller, Lisa Kudrow is Phoebe Buffay Matt LeBlanc is playing Joey Tribbiani and last but not least, Matthew Perry will be Chandler Bing."

"I'm super excited to meet all of them!" I respond excitedly. Suddenly we hear a door opening, which happens to be Courtney Cox. I get up from the chair and leave Marta's office to introduce myself. 

"Hey! I'm Jennifer, Jen is fine for short," I smile politely. She was really pretty, dark hair, roughly the same height as me. 

"Hi! Im Courtney, you can call me Court, I don't care," she says back with confidence. I can tell she was nice, but looked a bit self-centred, like Monica Geller. Marta walks out of her office walking towards us giving us the script for the first episode.

"Here girls, you can start practicing your lines while we wait for the rest," Marta says. We take a seat on the couch which is located in Monica's and Rachel's apartment. We exchange a few lines until a tall, muscular man walks through the door. He walks towards us and asks: "Is this the set for uhh friends?" he asks us. We both nod back to him. 

"Hey girls, I'm Matt," he winks at us, already trying his best to impress us. Court and I look at each other raising our eyebrows and suddenly broke into laughter. We look back at Matt, whose face looked desperate.

"Im Jennifer, call me Jen," I introduce myself

"And Im Courtney, Court for short," Courtney says.

"Cool!" Matt responds. "So do you guys want to start practicing our lines?" we both nod back to him as he takes a seat near us.

"I MADE IT HAHA!" another man, around Matt's height enters the room, panting. Everyone stares at him in confusion.

"Uhh you're not late," Court says, looking at her watch.

"oh.. Well I'm Matthew, I make jokes when I'm uncomfortable," he introduces himself. He has brown wavy hair and blue eyes, he looks good looking if you ask me. I smile back at him and all of us say our names and talk for a while. We talk about our hobbies and our childhood's. I was getting pretty nervous again, I could feel my heart racing. I couldn't let my stress break down my confidence. We all got comfortable the set, me and Court laying across from each other on the couch, while Matt and Matthew were sitting on the rug. Another woman enters, way taller than me. I immediately became intimidated. 

"Hi, I'm Jen," I say, rather nervously.

"Hey!! Im Lisa," she said cheerfully which shocked me, so I calmed myself down. She has blonde hair, and blue eyes. She was also really pretty. The rest introduced themselves to Lisa and we talked ALOT. The boys were talking to each other while Lia, Court and I were rehearsing our lines. We were all waiting for the last person to arrive, which was David. 

"Hey Jen! Are you dating anyone?" Matt blurted.

"Nah, not at the moment," Matt smirked when he got his answer, thinking he would have a chance with her. "How 'bout you Court?" she asked.

"Yeah-"

"Hey.. am I late?" says a man in the doorway, I can't really see his face though, its dark everywhere except on the set. 

"No, you're right on time!" Matthew responds sarcastically, I let out a small giggle. 

"Shut up! You can't talk like a normal person can you.." Court snaps at Matthew and stands up confidently, walking towards the tall looking man. I follow her, just to introduce myself as well. He steps forward a bit, revealing himself. I freeze. Literally. I feeling my heart going ten times faster than before, sweat dripping down my forehead. He's probably like a foot, not less taller than me. He has dark brown hair, you can see the hair gel shining on the tips of his hair. He has big, dark brown eyes, I can feel them looking down at me. He's wearing a baggy button up shirt, dark jeans and black shoes. He walks towards me and I feel my cheeks starting to burn from all the blushing.

"Hey.. I'm David," 

David's POV:

I introduce myself to the two girls standing in front of me. They're both about the same height. One of them has black hair and blue eyes. And the second one.... she's gorgeous. She has wavy golden brown hair, with strips of blonde highlights hanging freely, ending slightly lower than her shoulder. She has bright blue eyes and long eyelashes with barely any makeup on.. it amazes me how someone can be this beautiful. She's wearing a yellow t-shirt with ripped jeans and running shoes.

"Hey.. I'm David," I smile nervously.

"I'm Courtney! Call me Court," says the girl with the darker hair. So the other one must be Jennifer... wow, she has a gorgeous name too!

"HI, I'm Jennifer, call me Jen if you'd like." she responds with a glowing smile. How is this even possible! She looks perfect, she has a perfect name and she sounds like an angel. Wait.. no, no! I can't fall for my co-star, I just can't. It'll just make things weird. I can't like her. I stare at Jennifer walking away to the others, while Kevin Bright comes out of a door on the opposite end of us. 

"So all of you are here! I hope you guys have introduced yourselves, because Marta and I will have to set some ground rules around here. We'll be back in about an hour!" he says to all of us as I make my way to the rest of the group to introduce myself. I take a seat across from Jen, she looks at me, smiles and I blush. I started to cover up my cheeks with my hands to hide the blushing so nobody will see. 

Jennifer's POV:

God.. he's so dreamy. No Jen, NO! I can't fall in love with him. Well, I can have feelings for him but I can't tell anyone, whatsoever. I get caught staring at David and I just smile back at him, hoping it's not giving me any bad impression. Suddenly, Matt walks towards me and takes a seat on the same chair I'm sitting on, right beside me. He slowly puts his arm around my shoulder, and pivots closer to me. My eyes widen, but go back to normal when I see Courtney resting shoulder on Matthew. We're all just friends, so its not like something is going to happen between any of us. I just get comfortable in Matt's arms and read over my script. I take a peek at David, trying to hide my face behind the paper. It's the first day and I already get butterflies whenever I see him. 

"Do you guys want to go to dinner together? Like as a group so we can get to know each other," says Court to all of us. 

"Yeah that's a great idea Court! Are you guys free later?" responds Lisa.

"Yeah.. I'm pretty sure I'm free," I say, stealing a quick glance at David, wondering what he'll say. 

"I'm free," Matthew and Matty say.

"Yep. I'm free too," David says. At that moment I wished that David was the one wrapping his arms around me, not Matt. I bet it would feel so cozy just being held in his arms. I can feel him looking at me, but I'm scared to look back at him. I'm scared I'll be caught and get rejected by him, I want to know that there is a slight possibility that I could have a chance with him. I have to toughen up, step by step. When I was small I was treated like total shit, and now I'm 25, still affected by the past. I don't have as much courage as Court does. She's extremely straight-forward and is not afraid to share her thoughts. I remind myself that everyone has there differences and that everyone is unique. I remind myself that people have different mindsets, and opinions, which is completely okay. 

Davids POV:

I keep on staring at Jen, who is laying comfortably in Matt's arms. God do I want to be Matt right now. Me? Having the courage to lay an arm around a girl? Yeah.. that's not me. Sometimes I wish that I had the guts to at least ask a girl out. I'm way out of Jennifer's league. I honesty wouldn't be surprised if Matt and Jen started dating. She's just so stunning, and Matt's also a really good looking guy, and pretty intimidating. As I continue taking a few glances at Jennifer, she turns around, facing me and looks into my eyes. I gulp, hopefully not too loud. The light on the ceiling of the set bounce off of her eyes, making the blueness around her pupils sparkle. We lock eyes, not blinking at all, just taking advantage of this special moment. Everything around me just freezes. Time stops, everything goes dark, except Jennifer, who I can see perfectly.

"Helloooo.... guys? GUYS!" Court yells.

"W-what? What's wrong?" Jen responds innocently, smiling at me. I smile back at her, and I feel Matt glaring at me with rage. I see him wrap his arms tighter around Jennifer, making my stomach ache. 

"Are you two okay..? Like you guys were in the moment there, it looked you guys wanted to RIPP each-other's clothes off... haha," Matthew responds, jokingly. Nobody laughs at that one, I see Jen raise her eyebrows, obviously disturbed. The room went quiet, I feel Matt glaring at me with closed fists, which made me more uncomfortable than before. 

"Hey guys! I hope you guys got to know each other a bit more. Kevin and I are going to go over some rules now," Marta says which breaks the silence in the room. We all get up, and Marta leads us to a different room, the lounge. I take a seat on a brown, leather couch. Matthew beside the couch, on a big armchair, where Court follows along and sits beside him. They look so cute together. Lisa sits on the opposite end of the couch, making some room in the middle. Jen comes in the room next and takes a seat right beside me. I start blushing only a bit, covering the redness of my cheeks. She scoots closer to me, which makes me put my arm around her shoulder, as lightly as I could, hoping she won't get mad. Instead, she rests her head on my shoulder, as casual as possible. I could feel her body warming up my sides, as she slowly places her hand on my lower thigh. Oh my god.. I feel my heart going five times faster than before, my forehead sweating, hoping nobody would notice. Matt comes in the room, looks at Jen cuddling in my arms and at me. He gives me this nasty glare and takes a seat on a stool next to Lisa's end of the couch. I look down at Jen, who's smiling at me, and I just blush. I definitely did not expect this to happen, but all I know is that I never want to let her go.

Jennifer's POV:

I can't believe i'm in Davids arms. I love it. I love him. I know I shouldn't be saying that on the first day I met him, but I don't care. Just the feeling of it makes me smile so much. I've never felt this way about someone in my life. Yeah, I did go on dates and have boyfriends and stuff, but this... this is different. Court gives me a suspicious look, like she knows that I have feelings for David. I don't even know if he feels the same way about me, so I can't get my hopes up. I don't think I can tell him.. it might just make things awkward, especially if we work together. 

"So, rule number 1, is you are to listen to us. It is your job, you are to do as you are told. Number two is no swearing while we are filming. We do not want to show a bad example to our audience, especially on tv," says Marta.

"Rule number three, be kind, be generous to us and your co-stars. We don't want any drama going on around here. Number four, there may be some love stories that will be scripted for the show, and if this causes some of you to date in real life, that is okay. But.. if your relationship ends, it is your job to figure out how to be around each other, without causing any fights." Kevin says, but mostly looks at David and I when he said Rule 4. I get more comfortable in David's arms, I wrap my arms around his snuggle up more to his chest. 

"Lastly, rule number five. If this show is a success and becomes a big hit, then you guys will probably be bombarded with paparazzi's and get invited to interviews. If this happens, you are to not spoil anything about what will happen in the next few episodes of the show. Understood? Oh and you guys are free for today! We'll see you guys tomorrow," Marta finishes off, and we all nod and say our goodbyes. We all get up, and walk out of the lounge door. 

"Where do you guys want to eat?" asks Court.

"Theres this nice Italian restaurant around 15 minutes away from here," David says. He sounds so sweet, his voice is calm, and soft. He doesn't seem like some stuck-up, football obsessed guy, which I adore. 

"That's sounds nice," I say back to him, smiling. 

"Okay then it's settled!" Lisa responds. We walk towards the exit of the building. I see Matthew's arm around Courtney, they seem so close already! I smile at the thought of them being together. Suddenly I feel an arm around my shoulder, hoping it's David.

"Hey, you..." I feel a voice whisper in my ear. It was a deeper-sounding voice, definitely not David. I turn around, finding out Matt is walking beside me.

"Hey," I respond, letting out small giggles. He smirks and we continue to walk towards the parking lot. He moves a small strand of my hair that's in my face, behind my ear. I smile back at him, and he starts to blush. I look behind me and check if David and Lisa are behind us. There they are, walking together, linking arms and giggling. I start flaming up on the inside. I slightly frown, not showing my emotions to Matt, who is right in front of me.

"Hey, you okay..?" Matt asks me, concerned. 

"Mhm," I nod back smiling and we continue walking. We arrive at the parking lot and Matt takes his arm from my shoulder. 

"Hey, I can drive you if you want," Matt says to me.

"I'm fine, thanks for offering." I politely reply giving him kiss on the cheek.

"I'll see ya there!" he says back. I smile back at him and nod. I head over to my SUV while looking  for my car keys in my purse.

"Shoot! Where are they!" I whisper under my breath angrily. 

"Need a hand with that?"

I turn around, startled, only to find David walking towards me smiling.

"I'm trying to find my keys.." I say back, letting out a small laugh.

"Maybe you left them on set..?" he says.

"Maybe.. I'll go check."

"I'll go with you,"

"No, David you go with the others.. tell them I'll be a bit late,"

"Please Jennifer, let me help," he says following me back to the studio.

"Okayy," 

David's POV:

I'm still a bit jealous that Jennifer was walking with Matt, but I ended up with Lisa anyways, so it was fine. I just don't want Jen to think that I'm not single. We get to the building and I open the door for her. She goes in, thanks me and smiles lovingly. God I love her smile. I follow her inside and we start looking for her keys. 

"I'll look on set, you can look in the lounge," she tells me. We separate and I make my way to the lounge. I look under the couch we were sitting on, and in between the cushions. Jackpot. 

"Jen! I found them!" I yell.

"I could hear her footsteps tapping on the wooden floor as she runs over to me. I get up quickly with her keys in my hands and walk over to the door. 

"Im here-"she says, while we both bump into each other. She starts to fall over but I manage to catch her in time.

"Shit! Are you okay?!" I ask her worried. Jesus Christ! I almost pushed her over.. what's wrong with me! I hold her hand tightly and lead her to the leather couch where we sat together before, during the meeting we had with Marta and Kevin. 

"Yeah-h, I'm fine.." she says holding her head in her hands.

"No, Jennifer.. you got knocked down hard-  i-i'm so sorry.. I didn't mean to, I should've looked before I ran up to the door. Are you sure your'e alright? Like.. you don't need to go to the doctor or anything right? Because if anything starts to hurt I can take you to the hospital and-"

"David!" she interrupts me, squeezing my hand. "I'm fine.. really," 

"Okay.. but are you sure-"

She gently places her hand on my mouth, making me shut up. She removes her hand, and giggles sweetly. I smile back at her blushing really hard this time. Here we go again... Our eyes become locked, with nobody around us. I can see all the details of her eyes now, since we are closer than before. Her pupils widen, and her eyes look more blue than ever. She moves a little closer to me, and so do i. She is about 6 inches away from me, and I could already feel her breath warming up my face. She's stares at my lips, and I just admire her beautiful face like it's the last time I'll ever see it again. She moves even closer to me, I look down at her and I see a small sparkle in her eyes. The tension between us makes are breaths become heavier, and way unstable than before. 

"Hey... uhm we should go, they'll be waiting for us," I whisper quietly, my voice shaking a bit.

"Oh! Yeah, right! I totally forgot about that." she replies, clearing her throat. I help her get up from the couch while holding her hand, which is so soft and gentle.. We exit the studio and make our way to our cars. I take the keys to my Mercedes out of my pocket and I take a seat in my car. I smile at Jennifer who is in her car, beside mine and turn on the engine.

"I'll see you!" she says to me, I smile and drive away.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey! This is my first fanfic and I hope you like it! Sorry that the chapter is really long, I just want to add a lot of detail lol. Please give me feedback on this so I know what to fix in the future. Also Im sorry if there are any grammar/spelling mistakes. 

Thanks! <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

111K 3.5K 15
When Chandler tries to prove to Meredith he can be in a just sex relationship, they both end up getting more than they asked for, despite both of the...
22.5K 540 19
A fanfiction I made about the best television series ever. Not that I want to ruin the perfect series that Friends was and still is, just wanting to...
28.1K 985 50
It's always have and never hold You've began to feel like home What's mines is yours to leave or take What's mines is yours to make your own Be my b...
6.2K 96 35
Icl this is a bit like Ross and Rachel's storyline just with u guys! When going through Wattpad I never see a lot friends stories so I thought this...