And She's Worth It (Camren)

By Cheeriohww

Lauren Jauregui and Camila Cabello met in a college dorm, Camila hates the witty and sarcastic Lauren but the... More

Chapter 1-Door 21
Chapter 2- The Invisible Wall
Chapter 3- xoxo Lern Jergi
Chapter 4- Genuine Smile
Chapter 6- Pajama Party
Chapter 7- It's on
Chapter 8- We're Not Delusional
Chapter 9- My Girls
Chapter 10- First Kiss
Chapter 11- Our Little Secret
Chapter 12- Cute, Crazy, Beautiful
Chapter 13- Coz I love you Camzzz
Chapter 14- Crazy Fam
Chapter 15- Beer and Trust
Chapter 16- She Keeps Me Warm
Chapter 17- Very Separately Single
Chapter 18- Camren was Not Real
Chapter 19- Second Chances
Chapter 20- And She's Worth It
Another story
Announcement!

Chapter 5- Asking Her Out

19.4K 395 28
By Cheeriohww

Lauren's POV

"So have you invited her yet?"

I was walking down the quad with Dinah when she raised the question.

"Oh, no I forgot, after you guys made an epic Friday morning stunt, how am I suppose to ask her anyway?" I said. We reached the bench where we were heading and I sat, still feeling the pain on my back.

"That's not an excuse, why didn't you ask her?" She said like it was the most important thing in the world.

"Dinah, I don't know how to, ok?" "What?" She sat right next to me. "That's the funniest thing you said today, Lauren." she said in between laughters. "how do you ask girls to go out with you?"

"I text them, like, hey let's go out tonight or like there's a party in my friend's house, you should come. But most of the time honestly, they're the ones who ask me out." "So you're saying that you never really asked a girl out like...personally?" she asked.

"Yass." Her face lit up and gave me a mischevous look. "What?" I was so confused.

"So Lern Jergi, this is gonna be the first time you're doing it? Haha! This is so exciting, okay, you're a lucky girl cause I know exactly what to teach you." Dinah spoke like it was a really a serious matter. "Hey listen! Jauregui, this is very important." she said when I looked at her with no interest.

"Ok, I'm listening."

"First, you have to be very careful on your choice of words, try not to annoy her or give the wrong idea." she explained.

"Apparently she's always mad at me."

"Not anymore, you said she was sweet last night and according to what we've witnessed earlier she's starting to let you in." That last statement made me smile, really? She's starting to...like me or something? "So anyway, bring something or anything that would set a good vibe, remember when you have something to ask from your parents, you tend to make a good impression or clean your room or even the house? That's what you're trying to do here." Woah, Dinah's really serious about this. I didn't know she can be comprehensive sometimes.

"But..." "What's going on here?" My complaint was cut out by Mani and Ally walking in.

"You guys look so serious in here." Ally said.

"I'm just teaching her how to ask Camila out." Dinah answered.

"Oh so what did you learn from teacher Dinah so far?" Ally asked.

"Well, she said I have to impress Camila first and choose the right words to say." The girls looked at each other while Dinah looked so proud.

"Hmm...that's great, so how do you plan to impress her?" Mani asked.

"I don't know, cook for her?" I honestly don't have any idea.

"You already did that, try something new!" Dinah exclaimed.

"What new? I don't even know what she likes except her bow collection and weird animals stuff and bananas." I said.

"You also know she loves music right?" Mani said and I nodded on her.

"Yeah she really sings good."

"Then serenade her." she suggested. I opened my mouth and closed it again, I was thinking it was a good idea.

"Not bad, Mani." Ally said, sharing a smile with Mani.

"Ok, play a song for her then, do you play an instrument?" Dinah asked.

"I play keyboards."

"Perfect." Ally said, the girls' smiles widened.

"Oh she's so in love with Ed Sheeran and Demi Lovato's music by the way, just so you know what song to pick." Dinah informed and I sighed lightly.

Camila's POV

My roomate was on her keyboard, I don't know what she was up to but I think she was just practicing her playing skills or whatever.

I was on my laptop checking out Tumblr. I usually switch to twitter and Tumblr tabs but I just, I dont know, I gone tired of rantings on Twitter about people's love life and shit so I was just scrolling down my dashboard when I saw a GIF of a girl solwly looking at the camera and when her face was fully seen. And I amost spilled the water I was drinking. It was Lauren. It was from Springfield Highschool's Tumblr and they posted the alumni hotties list which actually includes Dinah, Normani and Ally by the way. I went through the comments and I wasn't surprised when I saw screaming gifs and 'I died looking at those beautiful eyes' and things like 'damn! her eyes, it's taking my breath away' from those freakin horny girls. Ugh. I looked at her and maybe I was giving her a death glare again but in reality I was just really checking out if she can really take someones breath away when she...my thoughts were interrupted when she looked up slowly like the one on the GIF and I mean, what the hell was that? I heard my heart beating in an abnormal rate against my chest and my breathing slows down like...Hey what is wrong with me? She licked her lips and that was the cause of my death.

"Camz what's wrong?" she asked. It was maybe the first time I was plastered in front of her and I freakin' hate myself. I just shook my head in response and looked down on my laptop looking at the GIF again. I can feel her having a small laugh and played the keyboard. The tone was so familiar,I just realized she was playing Demi Lovato's 'Nightingale'. She started to sing and I cant help but watch her. Her eyes were closed at first but she opened it and she saw me watching her. Damn she sound so good in Demi's song and her voice have that raspy and smoky effect like Demi's and I think I can't handle this anymore. When she was done I clapped like I was a princess watching an opera with the poise on point.

"That was impressive." her smile grew wider.

"I know! I love that song," She jumped from her bed and sat on the edge of mine with her voice full of excitement. "Demi's so good in making emotional music and that song was a really good representation of what she wanted to portray as an artist, don't you think?" I rolled my eyes and gave her the what-the-hell look.

"Who told you to sit on my bed? And do you realize you crossed the line!?" I scolded.

"Oh oops! Sorry..." She jumped back on her side but her faced shifted to a confused look. "wait, I thought we're already friends? I mean not friends friends but I thought we're already over you're rules??"

"No we're not." I said bluntly trying to sound dominating.

"Wha, but we...like had a good conversation like I can call you camzi and..." she tried to explain.

"Look, Lauren, friendship is a process, it requires time to develop and trust is accepting the risk of getting hurt, you should understand that it is not that easy to be friends with me, I choose the people I wanted to be with." I explained.

"ok, genius, fair enough, I just have to work on it then." she said.

"yeah, you should." I said and looked at her from head to toe. "And my first step, let's go to a party." She said.

"What? That's your first move?" "Yes, um, " She tried to look cool and cleared her throat. "Camzi, will you go with me on Shane Harvey's party later?" she formally asked.

"No." I simply said.

"Come on Camz it would be so much fun!" she insisted.

"No I said no, i'm declining it, don't you understand?"

"Oh screw it!" I heard Dinah from behind the door and the girls walked in. I didn't have any idea they were outside our door all this time. "Camila, you have to go to that party, or I would tell your mom you have been eating junk foods after school and you punched a drunk college guy last month in a victory party." Dinah said without breathing.

"Sh-she punched a guy?" I heard Lauren whispered.

"What the hell are you doing here? And that's blackmailing by the way, it wasn't my fault, you can't use that against me!" I said in disbelief of my besfriends actions.

"Yes I can, your mother's just a phone call away and she said if there's any problem here I just have to call her." She raised her eyebrows while holding her phone. I heard the other girls were holding their laughs as I groaned in defeat. I can't believe they're doing this to me.

Lauren's POV

Opps! That was rude of Dinah but hey it worked, she actually scared her. "so it's on, don't ever dare ditch us." she told Camila.

"I'm not, okay?" she said in defeat.

We all burst out laughing about what just happened except Camila who still looked disappointed and bullied by her friends.

Camila's POV

It was 9pm and Dinah and Mani never stopped blowing my phone since lunch. They were assuring I would not ditch the party and it's working, I can't let them tell my parents about my junk food addiction lately and especially about the guy I smacked down on the first and last party i went to, they would kill me, and I can't dissapoint my freakin' perfectionist dad. After few minutes of walking down the dorm's hallway I finally reached our door. I unlocked it and revealed before my eyes, a half naked Lauren, well not so much coz she's wearing her bra. My jaw dropped and I think I forgot how to breathe.

"Camzi, what are you doing? Close the door." and I forgot the door was still open.

"Oh ah yeah. Sorry, I mean no, I mean yes." What is wrong with my toungue?! Her smile grew bigger and i can't help looking at her flawless abs. When did she even get that?

"Hey are you ok?" She walked closer, looking so concerned.

"I-I'm fine, Jesus, can you put on our clothes already?" she bit her lip and I think she was trying to seduce me and I can't even look at her eyes.

"Ok, after you say what is wrong with you."

"Wha... there's nothing wrong with me, you little perv, just...put your freakin clothes on!" I was trying to be the dominant one again by raising my voice. But I can't really help looking at her abs especially when she was getting closer. She licked her lips and bit it after. I felt my face heat up.

"Like what you see?" Oh God, her voice was even sexier and raspier this time, was she trying to kill me? "Drop it Lauren, i swear i'm gonna kill you." I whispered so she can understand that I can't freakin' handle this anymore.

"Oowkei, Angelina Jolie, that's way too hot, and i can't let you kill a beautiful creature like me, the world will be dull you know." I groaned and rolled my eyes, "You're really so full of yourself!" She put on her clothes and walked to the door.

"I was just kidding. But half of it was true and you know that. Now get ready and I'll be waiting for you in Dinah and Mani's room, alright?" she winked and I gave her my fuck off look. She stick out her tongue before she closed the the door and left. I threw myself on the bed while my hands covering my face and I groaned. I sat up and try to figure out what to do. "Oh screw it!" I got up and find the clothes I'm wearing on that freakin' party.

Laurens POV

"You're totally sweeping her off her feet." Mani stated in excitement.

"I don't know guys I don't think she would really enjoy this party." I said with anxiety washing over me. "Trust me Lauren, she needs this, I mean, she've been stuck in her room since we graduated and this college thing is getting in her head, I mean because of her dad, she was required to just study and do well in school and what we're giving her is a spice in her life, I mean at least give her some excitement." I smiled on Dinah's statement and realized we were just doing this for Camila. "You're right, ok we'll do this."

Camila's POV

I heard everything Dinah said, she was right, this college thing has been a pressure to me even since senior, my dad wanted me to be the best in everything, the best daughter, student, maybe doctor in the future and the perfect person that I can ever be, all this time I have been giving everything he wanted, like high grades, being the student council president, and everything that defines perfection. I admit I'm already getting tired of his demands but, I'm only her daughter, I can't disobey his rules and destroy his reputation as one of the outstanding businessmen in America. His daughter can't be a disgrace. That's why no matter how hard I try to fight for the real things I want, it just can't happen. And that's why I'm trying to push Lauren away as far as I can. I know...it's harsh, I can't even accept to myself I'm starting to like her as more than a friend coz she's just too different from any boy or girl I met before. She's beautiful, she has a beautiful mind and soul and I can't let myself wreck someone like that.

I smiled to myself and felt my tears beginning to build up but before it gets worst, I knocked to the door to get their attention. "Oh the princess is finally here, let's go!" I heard Mani said with full of excitement and the girls walked out the door. My eyes met Lauren's and she smiled sweetly, God, how am I suppose to ignore her again? I said to myself but smiled back to her.

"You look beautiful."

"Thanks." Say she's beautiful too! I yelled to myself. "You're...hot." What?! "I mean..." Everyone's eyes on me. "Forget it." I felt the embarassment was eating me alive. "It's ok, Camz, just relax." Her voice alone gives me the assurance that I'm safe and I have nothing to worry about.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

73.3K 1.9K 14
When Camila visits her parents in Miami with her son, she meets the beautiful green eyed woman, Lauren. Lauren helps Camila's mother around the house...
929K 4.6K 4
When Camila Cabello moved into an apartment, she thought she came prepared. But of all the things she expected, being thrown into Lauren Jauregui's p...
209K 3.8K 30
What happens when a drunken Camila accidentally stumbles into Lauren's apartment?
318K 8.8K 31
Lauren Jauregui is the school bully. She's hot, popular, rich. She has everything going for her, or so it seems. Camila Cabello is the school queer...