1.2| Until Death Parts Us

By aandersonwrites

Briar Addison is a beautiful and intelligent young girl. She's always been told to act a certain way, as her... More

00| authors note
00| cast
00| character aesthetics
00| prologue
01| you do sound like a stalker
02| princess
03| red roses & caramel lattes
04| angelic
06| sugar plum fairy
07| fine dining
08| butterflies
09| britney bitch
10| that's my type
11| when the party's over
12| remington andrews
13| forever soulmates
14| swooning season
15| my girl
16| wanna join?
17| red roses & white lilies
18| love that burns
19| and then i remembered
20| new york city baby
epilogue

05| movie antics

2.5K 116 55
By aandersonwrites

EVERETT WAS STEREOTYPED by society as a psychopath. He showed little to no emotion when he was in public. His chiselled face structured into a stone cold glare. His dark brown eyes showing nothing but hate.

Growing up in the foster system after not knowing anything about himself or his parents really fucked him up. He's been brought up in different environments through the foster system; physically and mentally abusive foster parents, being neglected, getting interviewed by a police officer because his foster mother had a cannabis farm. The list goes on and on.

Everett often dreamt of growing up with the picture perfect family. He would climb through his window and climb up towards the roof of the house and lay on his back staring up at the stars.

He would imagine that his father would teach him how to play rugby and football, perhaps even cricket. He would come and support all of Everett's games, looking on proudly as his son plays his best, because that's good enough for him. He would imagine that his father would help him learn how to drive and teach him how to treat a lady respectably.

He would imagine that his mother and he would have a great relationship. Everett always knew that he was a mummy's boy, even if he never had one. She would get so excited when Everett brought his first girlfriend home, showering her with compliments and hugs, and definitely not forgetting about embarrassing stories of Everett. Every time he greeted his mother he would give her a hug or a kiss on the cheek just so he could show how much he loves and appreciates her.

Everett was confused when it came to siblings since he already had Rowan. But he always wanted a big brother to look up to. He wanted his big brother to support him with helpful advice as Everett grows up. Everett always wanted a little sister too since Rowan was more like his twin. He would tease her endlessly but in the end he would love her so much she became embarrassed. Everett would do anything for his little sister just because he could.

Unfortunately that's never going to happen for Everett. He's never going to get to have the supportive father, the loving mother, the role model of an older brother, or even the sweet little sister.

But as Everett looked across from him on the sofa, he saw Rowan Sutton sleeping soundly with her legs pulled up to her chest as she breathed softly. Everett realised then that he never needed any of those fictional families, because his real family was with Rowan. Family is not defined by blood, it's the people who love and care for you. And Rowan is that. She is Everett's family now and always.

Rowan Sutton never had an upbringing filled with happiness and joy. Instead, she was brought up surrounded by pain and despair.

Unlike Everett, Rowan actually knew her parents although she wished she didn't. They lived in a caravan park filled with people of different backgrounds. Her parents were both drug addicts, alcohol being the only fluid they drank, and worst of all, they made their money by selling something. Something so precious and delicate at the time. A body. They sold Rowan's body for money to whoever needed it. It was a sick way of making money, and it ended up shaping Rowan the way she is today. Instead of feeling pity and sadness for other peoples trauma, she cackles in their face and flips her middle finger before strutting away. But behind all that hardness, there's a little girl screaming for a way to be released.

Meeting Everett helped her a lot. They never showed it really, but they both loved each other so much because they saved each other.

"Hey Row, you want to go to the cinema," Everett asked Rowan as he walked towards her position on the sofa.

"Sure. Bit fucking random though, why?" Rowan replied sitting up.

"No reason, just want to see a movie," Everett scoffed as he shuffled on his feet.

"What's the fucking catch, bro?" Rowan deadpanned as she stared at Everett's pleading eyes.

•••

"You are such a fucking stalker,"
Rowan scoffed at Everett as they hid behind the cinema wall with black hoodies on their bodies.

"No I am not!" Everett grunted as he looked around the streets. There he is.

"Oh shit!" Rowan chuckled as she looked at George Henderson from afar. Everett swatted her arm as he shushed her.

"Shut the fuck up you twat!" Everett whisper yelled as Rowan pulled a face at him.

Sooner than Everett was expecting, he saw Briar Addison approach from the crowds and walk towards George. She was wearing a light washed mom jeans with a black bodysuit and fluffy jacket. Her cheeks and nose were slightly red from the cold which Everett thought made her look fucking adorable.

Briar greeted George with a smile as they both walked into the cinema. Briar heard a couple of hushed whispers behind her so she turned around. Nothing.

"I personally wouldn't mind watching a horror or thriller, but since it's a date we'll watch what you want," George said happily to Briar.

"Well, there is a new movie about a ballerina and-" George cut Briar off as he finished her sentence. "You love ballet," he grinned at her as she shyly nodded.

"How come you know so much about me and I know so little about you?" Briar asked curiously as they walked into theatre 2.

"Well, I like to pay attention," he shrugged mindlessly as he looked down at her quickly.

"Why is he standing so fucking close to her?" Everett grumbled out as him and Rowan followed behind them.

"What movie did the princess pick anyway," Rowan asked as they found they're seats directly behind Briar and George.

"I have no fucking clue, some ballerina shit," Everett whispered to her as Briar and George finally located their seats.

George had casually thrown an arm around Briar's chair making her stiffen in response. Everett glared daggers at George's arm, silently praying for a hit man to take him out.

"She is the cutest little thing ever to walk this earth," Rowan mumbled to herself as she shoved a handful of popcorn in her mouth.

"You are such a fucking pig," Everett scoffed under his breath as he grabbed a handful of popcorn for himself.

"You're a dick," Rowan scoffed back as she chucked a piece of popcorn at him.

"Yeah? Well, you're a pot head," Everett scoffed again as he chucked popcorn at Rowan.

"Please, tell me something I don't know bitch," Rowan smirked as they both began chucking handfuls of popcorn at each other.

A cough coming from the seats in front of Everett and Rowan. The both of them slowly turned their heads to the front with wide eyes. Staring back at them was a pair of angry brown eyes and another pair of amused honey eyes.

"Everett," Briar stifled a giggle as she took in Everett's popcorn filled appearance.

"Princess," Everett mumbled back as a sheepish grin took over his features.

"Oh fuck," Rowan groaned out quietly.

Oh fuck indeed, Everett thought as he met the blazing fury eyes of George Henderson.

Status: unedited

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Lost In You By Kat

Teen Fiction

1.2K 94 31
✗ "I'm sorry," I choked, the tears spilling down my cheeks. He shook his head and pulled me closer again. "Don't be sorry, just work on getting bette...
62.5M 2.5K 6
Brielle Newman A 21-year-old girl who was struggling to make life comfortable for herself and her niece, Delilah. Her sister left the baby the minute...
160K 2.7K 100
!Book one out of four! There is a part two to this book you don't have to read it but if you would like to it's called "My princess to the Black Wido...
480K 10.7K 45
"Uhm.. Sir? Can I help you?" I mumble while staring at him. He breaks out into a huge grin, the kind of grin you see on little kids when they get th...