But to love is to hurt. (Crim...

By kathrine_003

Story of Jemily. Married, expecting, raising a child. Few ties to actual episode except for large episodes su... More

Authors Note.
Two turned three.
The next day...
Dream State
Ultrasound
Telling the team.
Madam Ambassador
Christmas
Roar
Massage
Shake
Baby Moon
JJ's Fill In
Retaliation
EMILY MARIE YOU DID WHAT!
I've been waiting for you.
Perfection
Home
Bliss
Mamas Broken Heart
Away
Leaving?
Gone
Funeral
On the Plane
Family in Paris
Agony
Once Upon a Time
Stumble
Homecoming
It Takes a Village Pt. 1
It Takes a Village Pt. 2
Nightmare
Snap and Repair
How do we tell your family I'm not dead?
Mason Jars and Sweet Tea
Namesake
Mama's Birthday
Halloween
You have GOT to be kidding me.
Declan?
Tiny Feet and Mistletoe
365 Days of Grace
Play me a song you're the piano man.
Sink or Swim
Two Heads are Better than One
Leave of Absence
Chess
Over 200 Reasons to say I love you.
Indescribable Loss
Releasing Balloons
Twin Flames
Guppy
Boom, Clap
Soccer Games and Gatorade
First day of School Jitters
Spilled Milk and Broken Glass
Bike Rides and Best Friends
College Applications, SAT, ACT, Stress
Acceptance Letters and Ice Cream
Declan's new Chapter
Moving Out
Hugs and Hospital Beds
End of an Era
The Next Chapter
Criminal Minds: Evolution

Cajun

1.6K 34 96
By kathrine_003

Work was one thing JJ was grateful for. It gave her some normalcy in her life. She just finished dropping off Grace at Elizabeth's before heading into Quantico. When she arrived she walked up to her office flipping on the lights before walking to her desk. She was reviewing files separating them into different piles most pressing to least pressing when her phone began to ring.

"Jennifer Jareu-Prentiss. Yes. Okay. Where. How many? Please fax over immediately the number is ... Thank you I will gather my team and head your way. Bye."

JJ stood from her desk walking over to the fax machine she picked up the file making copies for everyone before calling Hotch saying "Hotch. We have got a nasty one."

When the team arrived they all took a seat around the round table. An empty chair sat against the wall being a daily reminder to JJ of what she is missing. She passed out the file saying "We got a Serial killer in New Orleans who killed at least three men pre-Katrina. Until now, the New Orleans Police Department believed that the serial killer died in the storm."

Derek interrupted saying "What's happened to tell them otherwise?"

JJ answered him saying "A fourth body was found in the French Quarter last night. Same M.O. another male. Throat slashed, eviscerated."

Rossi said "a year and a half? That's a long cooling-off period. Are we sure this is the same unsub?"

JJ looked at him nodding her head saying "He claims to be. He sent a letter to William Lamontagne, the head detective on the case."

Derek asked, "Does Lamontagne have any leads?"

"He died in Katrina. His son is actually heading the case now."

"Hmm. That can't be easy." Derek said looking at the screen

Hotches spoke for the first time "Well we need to pour over the evidence from the first three murders and determine the pattern."

"Katrina washed everything away. The three victims we know of, their autopsy reports, witness statements. DNA test results." JJ said bracing herself on the back of her chair

Spencer leaned back in his chair saying "So, basically, all we have to go on is the latest victim?"

JJ nodded her head to the side saying a somber "Yeah"

To which a Hotch followed up with an "Until he kills again."

The team made their way to the scene when she and the team turned the corner a tall man stuck out his hand saying "You must be BAU Bill Lamontagne."

JJ shook his hand kindly "Hi. Jennifer Jareau. We spoke on the phone." she looked at the scene as he looked her over saying "Well, ok, then. I pictured you different."

JJ turned the attention away from herself "Uh, these are the agents Rossi and Morgan. This is Detective William Lamontagne Jr."

He stuck out his hand "Appreciate you guys being here. My Daddy was too stubborn to ever ask for any help."

Rossi said " Sorry for your loss. I understand you received a letter." and just like that the real work began.

As the case progressed they learned the killer is believed to be a copycat of Jack the Ripper. It was a race against the clock to try and catch them before they could kill again. Throughout the case, JJ found herself around Will a lot. Somewhere she wished not to be. She wasn't stupid. She had seen his eyes on her. It made her want to crawl out of her skin. It was moments like that she was reminded of how much she loved and missed Emily. JJ was a beautiful woman. That was no secret. Often she found herself being admired in the precincts but somehow Emily would get them to stop. They didn't show PDA and they never spoke about their marriage unless it was directly mentioned but somehow Emily sent out a silent signal like a low growl that told the men and sometimes women to look elsewhere.

JJ went to a local bar to look over the files when Will walked up to her sitting beside her saying "Is this seat taken?"

JJ said "No" before returning to her files. Will ordered his drink say thank you to the bartender before turning to JJ saying "It's not right, the French Quarters one of the only parts of the city that dodged Katrina. Now there's a serial killer loose."

JJ turned slightly towards him saying "It's a small area, and we're narrowing down the profile. We'll find him." JJ said firmly. Will nodded reaching for his drink. JJ smirked that disapproving mom smirk saying "You always drink while you're still on the clock?"

Will looked at her drink in hand "This is New Orleans, honey. It's a cultural thing."

JJ gave a disapproving "Oh" returning to her files

"Where are you from?"

"Pennsylvania."

"I take it the folks are a little rigid about the rules up that way."

She turned to him in disbelief as he continued "Well... if it makes you feel any better." He moved his beer away from him. "We'll play it Pennsylvania style tonight."

JJ gave him another unamused look. He turned his focus back to the case "I just hate that this guy has a leg up on us, you know?"

JJ picked up her blackberry "I promise, as soon as my team knows anything, we'll hear. Ok?"

Will nodded as he turned his attention to her "Who's the lucky guy who married you?"

"Uh, That involves this case how?"

"It doesn't." he said flatly "I'm just flirtin'."

JJ looked at him in utter disbelief. The set on this man.

"It's unprofessional. You don't have to answer that."

"I have a wife... Had a wife. She died."

"How did she die? If you don't mind me asking."

"She died protecting my daughter and I," JJ said twisting her ring

"How long ago?"

"Two months three days and four hours. Why?"

"Just seeing if I have a shot."

JJ's jaw dropped "What the hell? You think you can come in here with that cajun accent, ask a few questions and make me swoon. Hell no!"

"I'm sorry sugar. It's a cultural thing." He said cheekily

"Don't call me sugar." She said through gritted teeth

"Come on. Every little girl needs a Daddy."

JJ stood up in disbelief and before she could think her fist had made contact with his jaw. Will toppled off the bar stool. He had a nad over his jaw as he angrily said "What the hell!"

Back at the precinct, JJ was in a conference room her hand up on the table. Hotch walked in handing her an ice pack saying "JJ what did he do? I know there has to be an explanation."

"He was flirting with me."

Hotch nodded slowly "This often does not lead you to physically hurt someone."

JJ took a breath before saying "He asked who the lucky man who married me was. I said I had a wife. He continued to push asking how long she had been gone. After I told him I asked him why he cared, He wanted to gauge if he had a shot with me according to him."

JJ could see the anger building behind Hotches eyes "What else?'

"He asked how she died. I said protecting my daughter and me. He blatantly flirted with me and when I tried to shut him down he called me sugar. After I snapped at him for a second time he said and I quote 'Come on. Every little girl needs a Daddy.'"

Hotch's blood was boiling he asked her "Did you put your weight behind you?"

She nodded and he said "Good job. Don't worry about him, I will handle it. This case is almost over." As he was walking out he said "And JJ..."

"Yes, Hotch."

"If he tries again you phone Derek or me. Am I clear?"

"Yes sir."

"Go back to your hotel for the rest of the night. Call Grace.

A/N: That was a long one! I did change up the timeline bringing this episode forward to fit my timeline. Wow, two posts in one night... well morning it's 1:30 a.m where I'm at. Please enjoy my gift to you! I am tired but I do believe the numbers are now at 7k reads and 158 votes! Thank you so much!

Question: What is your favorite "uncommon" ship

I think mine is Addison Montgomery and Merideth Grey or Steve Rodgers and Natasha Romanoff (not sure if that counts as uncommon)

xoxo K

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

48.8K 937 31
The secret love between Emily and JJ had been increasing for years, yet neither knew of the others feelings. JJ held back from her abusive boyfriend...
Jack's Nanny By A

Fanfiction

24.6K 496 18
Haley Hotchner is returning to work for the first time since Jack was born. Since Aaron has odd hours, they are forced to hire a nanny, Emily Prentis...
69.9K 1.6K 65
what happens when Emily's friend with benefits becomes her baby daddy and her best friend becomes her lover
76.3K 1.6K 40
Set in season 7 Em and JJ are married, the team is working on a case involving a serial killer with a young daughter. After solving the case Em and...