Black Lightning: Overload

By kamjaxson

In this story Jeff, Jenn, & Anissa race against the clock to track down their team and bring them back safe... More

Chapter 1: Holey Moley
Chapter 2: The New Discovery
Chapter 3: The Last Favor
Chapter 4: Night of the Living Controllers
Chapter 5: Survival of the Powerless
Chapter 6: The Interrogation
Chapter 7: The Book Of Elements ~ Fire & Ice
Chapter 8: The Book Of Elements ~ Earth As A Person
Chapter 9: The Book Of Elements ~ Recharged
Chapter 10: The Book of Second Epiphanies
Chapter 11: The Book of War ~ Part 1
Chapter 12: The Book of War ~ Part 2
Chapter 13: Back To Life
Chapter 14: The Hostages ~ Part 1
Chapter 15: The Hostages ~ Part 2
Chapter 16: Jenn Overloaded
Chapter 17: Guess Who's Back?
Chapter 18: Finale ~ Part 1
Chapter 19: Finale ~ Part 2
New Book Alert!!!!!!

Chapter 20: Finale ~ Part 3

138 6 5
By kamjaxson

Over at Tobias Penthouse, Lynn walks in holding two guns.

"Mrs. Pierce, I haven't seen a Fine Black Lady in a while", Tobias says.

"That's too bad, where's the drugs?', Lynn asks.

"Are you still high off of the Greenlight or something, all my drugs we're destroyed?", Tobias says.

"Stop playing Games", Lynn says again.

"The hell is wrong with you", Tobias says.

"5.....", Lynn starts counting.

"Ooo I love it when a woman counts down", Tobias says.

"4.....", Lynn says stills counting down.

"3, 2", Tobias says mocking her.

"1", Lynn says and she starts shooting.

 Tobias jumps behind a couch.

 "What the hell is wrong with you bitch", Tobias says.

Just then Jeff flies through the window. He makes an electronic shield over him and Tobias.

"Watch your mouth", he says turning to Tobias.

When Lynn's out of bullets, she throws the guns down, and starts walking up to Jeff.

"Please don't make me do this", Jeff says.

Lynn begins running up to him. When she gets directly in front of him, he punches her in the nose, knocking her out. She collapses in his arm, he sits her down in a chair.

"What the hell is going on here", Tobias says.

"My daughter, the one that has painkiller is the one leading these robberies", Jeff says. 

"And she's looking for drugs", Tobias says.

"yeah", Jeff says wiping Lynn's face.

"Then why would she send your wife here by herself to fight me, am I right?", Tobias jokes.

"Weren't you just hiding behind the couch", Jeff says, "But you're right, she wouldn't she's smarter than that".

"That's why she sent us as back up", Amanzi says walking in, Erica beside her, "Now stand down".

"I'll never do that", Jeff says moving closer to them.

"Suit yourself", Amanzi says, her eyes turn blue.

Just then Brandon and Dionte walk in and break a vase of Amanzi and Erica's head, they fall to the ground.

"Did y'all have to break my vase", Tobias says.

"Sorry we didn't feel like fighting" Brandon says.

"So you hit them in the head with a vase?", Jeff says shaking his head.

"What Khalil smashed Anissa's head into the wall to break her trance", Dionte replies.

"Oh really", Jeff says helping Lynn up.

"And TC talk like it was ruthless too" Dionte says, "I mean like boom". he laughs

"We get it", Brandon says

 "Grab them and let's go". Jeff says.

Brandon and Dionte grab Amanzi and Erica and walk out with Jeff. When they get back to the sanctum everyone is there. 

"We've explained what happened and everything that's been going.....", Khalil starts but gets cut off from a slap in the face from Jeff.

"What was that for?", Khalil asks.

"Banging my daughters head into the wall", Jeff says.

"Yeah, I deserve that", Khalil says.

Anissa nods laughing.

"So what's the plan from here?", Lynn asks.

"There's only one thing left to do, Take down Jenn", Jeff says.

"How Jenn beat us last time, we can't stop her", Anissa says.

"No we can't stop her, but we can hold her off long enough for Gambi to get a good shot on her with the serum", Jeff says.

"You have a cure for Painkiller", Lynn says walking over to him.

"Something very close to it, but I don't know if this will do it", Gambi says.

"It can't hurt to try", Grace says.

"Yes, yes it can, Jenn is so strong right now that if this cure doesn't work, she could kill us all", Anissa says.

"We won't let that happen, if it comes down to it, I'll fight with her until y'all can get out", Jeff says.

"And then what", Anissa says, "She'll keep coming back".

"And we'll keep fighting", Jeff says.

"C'mon dad we can't fight with her forever", Anissa says.

"Yes we can, that's our Job", Jeff says looking over at Gambi.

"So how do we find her?', Brandon asks.

"Gravediggers old facility", Erica says.

"But that facility burned down, how's it back up", Jeff asks.

"Thank your daughter, one of her new powers is regeneration", Lynn says.

"That's amazing", Gambi says.

"So what's the plan for us to get in their, She doesn't knw that we are back to normal, and she wants us back their by 8:00", Anissa says.

"And what time is it", Jeff says.

"7:50", Amanzi says.

"The we'll just walk in the front door, if she's expecting y'all then we can't be late", Jeff says.

"Ok then lets go", Anissa says.

The team, Gambi and Lynn start making their way out of the sanctum.

"Hey Khalil, hang back for a minute", Jeff says, "Everyone else get to the Facility".

Khalil turns around and walks back up to Jeff.

"Mr. P if this is about the slap don't worry about it", Khalil says.

"Good because that's not what this is about, I have to ask you a huge favor, that's life or death, and I need to know that you can do it", Jeff says.

"What is it Mr. P?", Khalil asks.

Jeff breathes heavy and begins telling him. Over at the facility, the team walks up to the door, Anissa begins to open it.

"Don't you think we should wait for Jeff?", Lynn says.

"No it's 8:00 exact, if we don't go in now Jenn is gonna know something is up", Anissa says continuing to open up the door. 

Just then Jeff flies down.

"Where's Kahlil", Gambi asks.

"He'll be joining us soon, y'all ready?", Jeff asks.

The team nods, Anissa opens the door, Across the room Jenn is sitting facing the back wall.

"What took you ladies so long, you should have been back", Jenn says.

"We're back now, and we've brought company", Anissa says.

"Of course you did", Jenn says, "That was my whole plan, lure Black Lightning and his team here and blow the place up, you think your friends and family broke your trance, nah, I broke the trance so they would think they did it".

"So you never needed the drugs?", Jeff asks.

"Well yes and no, I could easily blow the place up on my own but, drugs are a lot more flammable", Jenn says turning around to reveal herself.

Her suit which was once Orange, Gold, and Black, is now Grey and Black and her eyes light up red.

"So what's your plan", Lynn says.

"Fly out of here and blow the place up with you all inside.

She makes a hole in the ceiling for her to fly out.

"Now!", Jeff yells.

Gambi steps up and shoots a dart at her, She catches it in her hand and crushes it. A vain pops out in her forehead as she throws a lighting ball at Gambi, which knocks him into the wall. Jeff and Lynn run over to help him.

"He's unresponsive", Lynn says.

"Well it's not safe here, you, Erica and Grace, get him and go", Jeff says.

"What are you gonna do?", Lynn asks.

"We're gonna fight", Jeff says.

Erica and Lynn help Gambi up and out the door, Grace follows. Jenn smirks at the thought of them trying to fight her. For the next few minutes Jeff, Anissa, Amanzi, Grace, Dionte, Brandon, and TC fight with Jenn. With her 10 new powers, they don't stand a chance.

"Dad we can't keep this up much longer, we're getting our asses handed to us", Anissa says.

"We don't have to", Jeff starts, "Remember the fight with Gravedigger?"

"Yeah when we used all of our powers at once to slow him down", Anissa says.

"Let's do that right now", Jeff says.

"That could kill her", Anissa says.

"Yeah it could, but we have to do something", Jeff says.

"Ok, and then what?", Anissa says.

'Hopefully my back up plan will come", Jeff says.

Anissa nods at the team for them to get ready to attack. They nod back and begin surrounding Jenn. Jenn looks from one person to the next. 

"Now!", Anissa yells.

Jeff shoots a lightning bolt, Anissa thunder claps, Brandon throws pieces of rocks, TC throws a telekinesis ball, Dionte throws a Nuclear Ball, and Amanzi throws a water ball, all at the same time. Jenn makes a bubble around her and absorbs all of the power then breaks the barrier sending everyone in the room flying with her remaining standing in the middle. Just then Khalil walks in head bowed. Everyone goes quiet.

"Jenn, this isn't you, and it's too powerful for you to handle, and as much as this pains me to do this, I love you too much to let you go through this", Khalil says moving closer to her.

Brandon crosses his arms and lets a deep breath.

"What is he doing dad?", Anissa asks.

"Something he has to do", Jeff says.

Khalil continues to move closer to her. 

"huc atque illuc", Khalil says.

Suddenly Jenn eyes glow as a red wave light substance comes from her body, and goes into Khalil's, she collapses in his arms, he lays her on the floor, then walks out of the facility. The team surrounds Jenn.

"What did he just do?", Grace asks.

"He pulled the Painkiller, out of Jenn's body and into his", Jeff says.

"Why?", Anissa asks.

"Cause he's the only one that can beat it", Jeff says.

Back at the Sanctum, Jenn is sitting beside Brandon, laying on his shoulder.

"Why would Khalil do this?", she mumbles.

"I don't know", Brandon says.

"He did it to save your life", Jeff says, "and he walked out before the virus developed into his body so he wouldn't hurt anyone".

"And where did he go?", Jenn asks.

"To Gotham?", Jeff says.

"Why Gotham?", Dionte asks.

"There's people there that can help him get rid of painkiller forever, it gonna be dangerous to do, but Khalil can do it", Jeff says.

"Well I'm going to Gotham as well", Jenn says standing up.

"What why?", Brandon says grabbing her hand.

"Khalil saved my life, now he's going to Gotham to probably fight for his, that's not a thing he should do alone", Jenn says, "is anyone else with me".

No one says anything.

"Brandon?", Jenn says.

"I can't leave Freeland for too long, my beacon is here and I need it to live", Brandon says.

"Well I'll go by myself", Jenn states.

"No you are not going to Gotham by yourself", Lynn states.

"She's not going alone, I wanna go with her", Anissa says.

"What, no!", Grace says.

"Just like Jenn can't let Khalil go to Gotham by himself, I can't let my sister, it'll be faster if we both go together anyway, I just really need you to trust me on this one", Anissa says.

Grace hesitates then nods in agreement.

"I'm gonna go to", Dionte says.

"Seriously, you don't even like Khalil", Erica says.

"You're right, but I need someone to bounce jokes off of", Dionte replies.

"Then its settled, me, Anissa, and Dionte will go to Gotham and protect Khalil", Jenn starts.

"and the rest of the team will stay here with me and help me clean up the streets of Freeland", Jeff says.

Everyone nods in agreement. Jenn pulls Brandon to the side.

"You ok?", Jenn asks.

"Yeah, I'm fine but it's like, we just got together and you're already trying to leave me", Brandon replies.

"I'm not leaving you, you will always be in my heart", Jenn replies.

"How, when you're a thousand miles away", Brandon states.

"No distance can keep us away", Jenn says kissing him, he hugs her tight for a while.

The next day Jenn, Anissa, and Dionte are loading up the truck for Gotham. Lynn, Jeff, Grace and Brandon are there.

"You guys be safe", Lynn says giving Anissa and Jenn a kiss.

Jeff walks up and hugs them. He grabs Dionte's hand and pulls him forward to whisper in his ear.

"You keep my girls safe", Jeff whispers.

"Of course", Dionte says.

Grace walks up to Anissa.

"Don't be gone long", Grace says.

"Can't leave you alone forever", Anissa says smiling hugging and kissing her.

"Don't be all up in ole boy face either", Brandon says.

"How when I'm all up in this face", Jenn says kissing Brandon.

After saying their goodbyes they load up in the truck. Jeff walks up to the window. 

"Bring our teammate back", Jeff says.

"Keep Freeland Nice and Warm until we get back", Anissa jokes.

Jeff laughs. They wave goodbye and drive off.

"You're not nervous", Lynn says.

"About what?", Jeff says.

"Them going to Gotham?", Lynn says.

"Nope because they're entering a new ballfield, one that will strengthen and challenge their powers", Jeff says.

"You think they can do it", Lynn asks.

"I know they can", Jeff says watching the truck drive away.

Words from the Writer!

What's Up Guys, Sorry for the delay, hope you enjoyed the Season 4 Premiere of Black Lighting, and I hope enjoyed this book as a whole. Thanks to all the success, I want to continue my book trilogy and the Plan is to make 2 Different Books, one titled Black Lightning: Drug Awakened and the Other Titled, Painkiller: Gotham's Finest, they will be released and updated at the same time so you can see how Jeff and the Gang are doing in Freeland and How Khalil, Jenn, Anissa, and Dionte are doing in Gotham. I don't have a set date, but it will be after Season 4 Ends, so enjoy the Final Season of Black Lightning, and brace yourself for what's coming next. Comment any people you wanna see that already live in Gotham. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

985 90 22
This book will follow Jefferson Pierce (Black Lightning) as he goes back to protecting Freeland against 2 New Drug Cartels ran by Meta Humans. While...
2.7K 146 25
This story will follow Jennifer Pierce (Lightning) and Anissa Pierce (Thunder) as they protect the city of Freeland from new threats. With the help o...
11K 588 38
Anti-Hero; A protagonist that lacks the characteristics that would make them a hero, but also lack the characteristics that would make them a complet...
6.6K 275 26
This story follows Jefferson Pierce (Black Lightning) and his Wife (Lynn Stewart) & Daughters Anissa Pierce (Thunder) and Jennifer (Lightning) protec...