Flash of Bravery (Book One)

By IzzyJoy

Two people have talents that will make you believe the impossible. One of them is Barry Allen; an ordinary ma... More

Sneak Peek
Prologue
Chapter 1: Impossiblites
Chapter 2: I Am The Only One
Chapter 3: Fire Trap
Chapter 4: The Project
Chapter 5: The Awakening
Chapter 6: Rambling Questions & Explanations
Chapter 7: The Closer I Get
Chapter 8: Fact or Opinion
Chapter 9: Out In The Light
Chapter 10: Her
Chapter 11: Him
Chapter 12: Return
Chapter 13: Growing Abilities
Chapter 14: Issue
Chapter 15: Rouge
Chapter 16: The World Has Shut Me Out
Chapter 17: The World Has Turned And Left Me Here
Chapter 18: Help! I'm Trapped in the World of Fear
Chapter 20: The Way Our Anger Can Be Released
Chapter 21: Distraction of a Blinded Mind
Chapter 22: This Is War
Chapter 23: Why Is Darkness So Bright?
Chapter 24: You Should Know Where I'm Coming From
Chapter 25: Loosen Knot
Chapter 26: When I Look At You, I See Darkness
Chapter 27: Is This Happiness?
Chapter 28: Based On Reality, I Know This Is True
Tracklist:
Acknolwedgements:

Chapter 19: Tighten Knot

3.8K 134 41
By IzzyJoy

Something changed that night between Barry and Andi. It all happened when Barry laid next to Andi. They both slept next to each other that very night. Andi didn't have any more nightmares that night. They both didn't even dreamt at all. Their dreams have became their reality.

Now that they how Barry think of a way to talk to Andi. He needs to talk to her. He needs her to speak what she wants to say and what she's hiding. She can't her fears get the best of her. Barry knows it.

In the morning Barry's eyes flick open. What he see is a white ceiling. Then as he travels down, he can see Andi next to him. He notices her hand isn't on his chest anymore. Andi, he sighs in his mind.

She looks peaceful. No more nightmares came after he did. He smiles at the thought and tried moving. Barry lays on his side as Andi lays on her stomach. He doesn't want to wake her up. He tries his best to slide out of bed. Once he does he quickly gets changed in a red sweater, a black jacket, jeans, and Converse.

He runs downstairs and starts a fresh pot of coffee. As he waits, he grabs his favorite red mug (that is still alive) and decides to text Cisco about Andi's whereabouts. He doesn't want another outburst from Caitlin or Dr. Wells keeping her away from S.T.A.R. Labs.

A shadow behind Barry sneaks towards him. Andi stays stepping on her toes, hoping her leather boots don't make any squeaky noise against the wooded ground. As she makes her way into the kitchen, she watches Barry pouring coffee into his mug. He's in for a surprise.

Andi smiles ear to ear. "Morning!" She shouts.

"Ah!" Barry screams in surprise. Barry turns around to see Andi laughing. "What the-oh, hey, Andi."

The coffee from inside Barry's mug falls out. With her speed, Andi takes the mug from his hand and catches the coffee. She catches it back into the mug before any spilled on the ground. She takes Barry's fingers and wraps them around the handle herself.

Giggles escape from Andi as she covers her mouth. She holds her stomach with her other hand to empathize how hard she's laughing. "You need to be careful, you could've spilled the coffee." Andi laughs patting his fingers.

"I have to be careful?" Barry asks as he starts to laugh along. "You're the one who sneaked behind me."

"Hey, I saved you're coffee." Andi defends herself as she grabs a mug from a cabinet. "No harm done other then a speeding heartbeat."

"Yeah I think my heart skipped a beat." Barry holds his heart without noticing Andi pouring herself coffee.

"Oh it's fine," Andi scoffs. "I'm here to keep you on your toes." Andi takes a sip of coffee.

That's not all you're here for, Barry says in his mind with a smirk.

Andi decides to say, "That's a good cup of coffee I had in a long time."

Barry turns around and sees Andi holding a mug of her own in her hands. "How did you get the mug?" He asks pointing his finger at her mug. Andi hums as a response after raising her eyebrows at him. "Never mind. I don't want to know which power you used."

"Actually, I just used my senses." Andi replies. "But technically it's one of my abilities I have because I used my five senses to search an object in a way no ordinary human could."

"Uh-huh." Barry responds noticing the vocabulary Andi is using.

"It's true." Andi laughs before taking another sip of her coffee, making her realize something. "Wait, if you have coffee here, why go to Jitters all the time?"

"Well, most of the times I'm just lazy, or late." Barry explains.

"Or to see Iris." Andi adds emotionlessly.

He lets out a small chuckle. "Well, she doesn't work every morning." Barry comments. "And I don't go to Jitters all the time."

Andi nodes as she makes her way to the living room. With Barry following, she sits down on the couch. They leave their coffee mugs on the table in front of them. Andi plays with her thumbs.

Barry opens his mouth to say, "Andi-"

"Barry I said I didn't want to talk about it." Andi stops him.

"You read my mind didn't you?" Barry asks already knowing the answer.

Andi lifts her shoulders and drops them slowly. "It's not my fault you were thinking loudly about what you were going to say."

"Maybe you don't want to talk about it," Barry says, "But you should let someone in."

Andi turns her head to Barry. "I was kidnapped Barry. The end. I want to never think about it again."

"I won't force you." Barry point out.

"Then why are you?" Andi almost raises her voice.

"I'm not forcing you to talk. I think that you should." Barry explains as he raises his voice to the same level as Andi's.

"Why are you always concerned about me?" Andi blurts out. "My past, my health, my kidnap. You really are the curious type."

"I-I'm your friend." Barry stutters.

"Maybe it's more than that?" Andi says under a breathe. "I know you care, Barry."

Andi turns her body on the couch to direct herself to Barry. Barry looks down and sees their knees touch. Barry moves his legs against her knee then stops once he notices. He looks up and finds himself staring at the same chocolate eyes.

Barry notices Andi starting to lean in. Barry does the same. They both close their eyes at the same time. The silence in the house became even quieter. The air surrounding them is heavier. It's as if it's forcing them to kiss, but they are only going along with it.

"Barry, I don't think I can do this." Andi whispers.

Andi breathes out from her mouth and straightens her back. Andi squeezes her eyes shut. Then opens her eyes as if she hasn't opened them in a long time. "What's wrong? Is it too fast?" Barry blurts out.

"I think I'm not ready." Andi replies.

"I think I understand." Barry stated. "It involves-"

"Michael." Andi sighs. "He left a scar in my past that I just can't cover."

Barry thinks of Iris at the time being. "It still hurts doesn't it?" He asks thinking of Iris and Eddie together.

Andi nodes. Barry stretches his arm over Andi's back and pulls her into his chest. He rubs her shoulder up and down. Barry knows how she feels after someone you love in your life hurts you. Might be emotionally or physically, but love equals pain.

Andi cries silently and sadly smiles. Knowing Barry is there. Andi leans her head on Barry's. She pushes herself to stand up. Then leans over the couch to takes their coffee mugs into the kitchen, giving herself something to do. Barry doesn't move a muscle until Andi leaves. He is left thinking about what Michael did to her, and what Iris is doing to him.

Andi pretends to cough as she enters back into the living room. Barry stands up and opens his mouth to say something to lighten the mood. Andi smiles but turns into a frown as Barry's voice vibrates in his pocket.

"You should answer that." Andi suggests folding her arms against her chest.

"Yeah, I will do that." Barry says grabbing his phone. "Hey, Joe what is it?" Barry asks into his phone.

Words, they mean so much. But actions speak louder then them. From Andi's perspective, she sees Barry's face expression drops from a smile to a frown. Andi decides to listen into the conversation.

Andi lifts a piece of her hair behind her ear. "It's Caitlin." She hears from the other line.

Andi's face lights up in shock. She freezes in place. But what happens next, isn't surprising.

Barry hears rustling wind blow last behind him. He tells Joe what he will do.Then he quickly hangs up. Once Barry turns around, he sighs upset. "So that's what it feels like." He whispers to himself.

Andi's gone. She taken off, most likely to S.T.A.R. Labs. Andi can do something with anger plus her powers. And Barry doesn't want to think about what it could be. He knows she's ready for a fight, because she's angry.

Barry takes a step off one of his feet, then the same for the next foot. As soon as he knows it, he is running, running after Andi.

AN: Don't forget to vote, comment, and maybe start shipping Bandi.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

168K 3K 33
It's hard loving someone who is supposed to be your enemy. It's even harder when they live behind a barrier. (Harry Hook Love Story) All rights to D...
779K 36.5K 59
Taehyung is appointed as a personal slave of Jungkook the true blood alpha prince of blue moon kingdom. Taehyung is an omega and the former prince...
289K 6.7K 11
Elizabeth Samuels is a T-Rex trainer at Jurassic World. She's best friends with her fellow co-worker Owen Grady who trains the velociraptors Blue, De...
305K 7.7K 24
"I know you're thinking I'm heartless I know you're thinking I'm cold I'm just protecting my innocence I'm just protecting my soul" -Too Good At Good...