The Last Gifted//c.m.b

By WritesLyra

This is the story of Evie Roger's. A young girl who is afraid of the dark, being alone, and most importantly... More

Cast Session
Once Upon A Time
#1
#2
#3
#4
#5
#6
#7
#8
#9
#10
#11
#12
#13
#14
#15
#16
#17
#18
#19
#20
#21
#22
#23
#24
#25
#26
#27
#28
#29
#30
#31
#32
#33
#34
#35
#36
#37
#38
#39
#40
#41
#42
#43
#44
#45
Wolf Eye's
#46
Message
#47
#48
#49
#51
#52
#53
#54
#55
#56
#57
#58
#59
SEQUEL

#50

854 30 24
By WritesLyra

Corbyn Pov
I rubbed my eyes as i slouched on the couch, Evie went to take a shower because it makes her feel better at times...but i can hear her crying.

I cant just go in there, we only just started a relationship, i wont push her or do anything that could make her unconscious no matter how hard i just want to comfort her.

Jessie wont hurt her family or Freya, atleast i hope, they wont because they need them to get to Evie, it will only make things more difficult if she finds out that he hurt the people she loves.

Jonah already discussed with her that after her shower we begin to help her understand her powers.

I hate how she cant have one normal day anymore, its her birthday and her family gets kidnapped, along with finding out that her best friend has actually been gone for the past four days.

Watching her cry earlier was one of the hardest things i have ever watched, like i felt the need to cry along side her.

Jonah, Jack, Gabbie and Tate explained how when your mate is in pain emotionally, its like you can feel it with them.

And with physical pain, if your mate is hurt, your feel a dull ach in the area they were hurt.

I keep trying to focus my hearing on something else but all i can hear is the shower water and Evie's sobs, my heart was breaking at the sound.

Daniel walked in with sad eyes and sat down next to me.

"She still cant stop crying..." i mumbled.

"I know, i can hear it..." Daniel responded and we remained silent for a few minutes until Jonah walked in.

"Jessie made a stupid decision" Jonah scoffed and sat down.

"Im pretty sure the point was to make Evie feel powerless, and she would do anything for family, he succeeded in that" i crossed my arms wondering how it was stupid, he had a clear point and got it.

"And now she can use that to her advantage" Jonah started "just like us, how we can use our anger to fuel our own power and give control, Jessie just gave her all the anger she needs and more, she may not seem angry now but trust me, she will be."

"So how do we start to help her learn?" Daniel asked.

"Small steps, Gabbie said she had Telekinesis so we can start with that and move our way up" Jonah replied.

I heard the shower water turn off and Evie sniffling and stood up and headed down to my room were she was in my bathroom.

Evie Pov
Deep breaths, just take deep breaths, calm down. I kept telling myself these things as i brushed my hair out after getting dressed.

Once i was done i went and opened up the door and jumped a bit as Corbyn stood there with his hand up like he was about to knock.

"Oh, hey Corbyn" i gave him a small wave as i wiped a stray tear from failing, took a deep breath and looked back up to Corbyn's pained eyes.

I didn't have time to react before he engulfed me in his warm embrace.

I stiffened a bit but wrapped my arms around his torso, clenching my fists in his sweatshirt.

"You don't have to cry alone" Corbyn whispered and ran his fingers through my hair and silent tears fell from my eyes onto Corbyn's sweatshirt.

"I hate crying infront of people" i whimpered "i feel so weak when i do."

"Crying doesn't make you weak" Corbyn said.

"Yes it does" i sniffled, not believing him.

"No it doesn't" Corbyn swayed us side to side "scientifically, crying removes toxins and helps to lower your stress levels. When you cry you release 'feel good' chemicals, easing both physical and emotional pain. Just crying to someone you trust about how you feel relieves stress so your not carrying it with you without a spotter, and if there's too much weight, you need that spotter to take some of it away...let me be your spotter."

"Only you would use science and work out preferences to explain stuff" i giggled.

"And i would love for you to be my spotter" i smiled up at him.

"And you'll be mine?" Corbyn grinned.

"Untill the end of time" i connected my lips to his in a soft quick kiss.

Corbyn and i headed out to the living room were everyone else was, Corbyn had his arm slung around me to keep me close.

"Hey guys" Tate greeted.

"Are you feeling any better Evie?" Gabbie asked.

"A little yeah" i nodded and sat down on the couch with Corbyn, taking in a slow shuttering breath.

"So what are we doing first?" I asked.

"Starting small, not rushing into things to quickly" Corbyn answered.

"Exactly, and can i just" Gabbie came and and pulled me from my seat "im just gonna steal you for a bit" she pulled me down another hallway despite everyone's confusion.

"Why are we in here?" I asked as we entered another living room type place.

"Because, in want to start this with just you and me" she sat down on the couch, gesturing for me to.

I took a seat next to her and she set her wand down infront of me on the short standing coffie table and i raised an eyebrow.

"How are we supposed to start when i dont even know what it is that i can do?" I asked.

"Oh right, i already explained this to the boys but i have done so much research on The Gifted and found out that there are several different kinds" Gabbie began.

"Number one, the least powerful; Gravity Gifted" she continued.

"Number two, Water Gifted, and so on untill it just so happens that the type of Gifted you are, is the most powerful" she paused "the Light Gifted."

"How do you know that i am that specific one?" I asked.

"Because of what happened in the pool, and in the enchanted forest" Gabbie stated "you bend light energy to your will, also along with Telekinesis, but its not your strong suit and using it takes a lot more strength out of you."

"And like all the rest you are able to feel a person's emotions by touching them, and like you already know, The Gifted also have insane accuracy" Gabbie concluded.

"Oh yeah, i already figured out the emotion one" i nodded and Gabbue furrowed her eyebrows.

"When my dad took me to the psychologist, a young girl had brushed up against me and i felt overwhelmed by immense emotional pain, pain i haven't felt since my mom died" i explained and Gabbie rubbed my hand to confort me.

"The second time was at the party with Jackson, he grabbed me and i felt all his greed for me, his lust, but zero effection, and it only terrified me more to know that just by a single touch" lowering my gaze to the floor as i finished.

"He wont bother you again, he is in prison now and wont be getting out for atleast a year an a half along with paying of a fine of five thousand dollars" Gabbie chuckled at his circumstances.

"Lets hope, unless his perants come back and bail him out somehow, they have their ways and i dont know what it is that they do that gets him out of trouble" i scoffed.

"What do you mean, his perants come back? Aren't they here?" Gabbie asked.

"No, they left three years ago and visit from time to time, i have met them, they seemed nice, they are also super into guns and weapons, making it a good conversation starter considering i am an archer, it was an interesting topic that i enjoyed while i dated that ass hat" i rolled my eyes.

Gabbie seemed a bit distant "three years ago..." she mumbled.

"Uh, hello? Earth to Gabbie" i snapped my fingers infront of her face and she came out of it.

"Sorry, i just was thinking about something, lets get started" she rushed like she was keeping something from me but i nodded anyway.

"Try to lift my wand up using your Telekinesis, its not a lot to lift so it should take much strength" Gabbie instructed.

I nodded, taking a deep breath and put my hand out twards the wand, i focused hard but nothing happened, i tried moving my hand up and still nothing and i dropped my hand in frustration.

"Try visualizing the wand in the air, dont focus so hard and just let it happen" Gabbie spoke.

I sighed, closing my eyes for a moment and visualized the wand lifting off of the coffe table to hover in the air.

Opening my eyes and put my hand out again, just let it happen, like archery, take a deep breath and release.

The wand started to move and lifted up into the air.

"Yes yes yes! You got it!" Gabbie applauded, a grin appearing on my face.

I lifted it a few feet into the air before it started to shake and holding it became difficult.

"Thats okay, just set it down" Gabbie reassured.

I gently let the wand fall slowly back to the table and dropped my arm.

"Now lets continue."

~that night~
"So Gabbie snatched you away from me" Corbyn chuckled as he lay on top of his bed " i hope you atleast made progress and not do girl talk to whole time."

"Dont be ridiculous" i scoffed and Corbyn squinted his eyes at me "it was only the first half."

"And there it is" Corbyn snickered and i rolled my eyes as i spun in his chair, comfortably in an old spaghetti strap top and soft shorts, i was finally able to push aside my worry and pain from earlier.

Its not exactly pain anymore, it more like anger, and frustration.

"So what did you work on?" He asked.

"Telekinesis" i answered and put my hand out twards his water bottle next to me, lifting it into the air and sent it over to him as he watched with wide eyes and grabbed it as it hovered infront of him.

"Well i am thirsty" Corbyn began to drink from it.

"What are you working on tomorrow?" He asked, gulping down his water.

"More on bending light energy, she said Jonah found a place in the woods to practice so we will be going there" i shrugged.

Corbyn yawned, standing up and pulling his sweatshirt off and along with his pants, leaving him in just his boxer's and felt my face instantly flush and i spun the chair around to face the wall.

"You good Evie?" Corbyn asked and i hummed in response as i heard his steps coming closer to me.

I have of course seen him shirtless before, but that was only the first time we met and at the Halloween pool party, this time its different.

"Then why are you facing away from me?" He asked and i could almost feel the smirk on his face.

"Because uh-i like your wall" i stuttered, 'wow nice save', "you got a lot of Why Dont We stuff on it."

"Evie" Corbyn said and hummed once again "turn around."

"Your not the boss of me" i crossed my arms and the world spun before being face to face with Corbyn.

"Well okay then" i felt my body stiffen, tryingto avoid eye contact of any part of him.

"Why are you turning away from me?" He asked, not hurt, honestly i could tell that he was amused by this.

"No reason" i tried to play it off "just admiring your wall."

"You dont have to feel embarrassed to be around me or look at me like this" Corbyn said.

"I know, its just different this time than any other guy i have dated" i stood from the chair.

"Of course it is, those guys weren't ever ment to be, but i am" Corbyn said sweetly and i smiled up at him.

"Bed time" Corbyn hoped under his covers but i stood there a bit awkwardly until he noticed i didn't move.

"Evie get in bed" Corbyn snickered.

"Uh" i wanted to move but i couldn't.

"If you dont get in yourself i will drag you in" Corbyn laughed.

I rolled my eyes and finally moved, climbing under the covers, laying down to face him.

"See, not so hard" Corbyn said and rolled my eyes for the millionth time today.

"Whatever wolf boy" i said.

I sighed and got lost in my thoughts for a moment.

"...Do you think my family is okay, and Freya...?" I asked.

"I cant answer that for you, no matter how much i wish i could..." Corbyn mumbled.

"But we will get them back" he stated "and Jessie, Emma and Andre wont touch you, i promised you."

"I know" i smiled softly at him.

Corbyn leaned in, connecting our lips together, placing his hand on my back to pull me closer to his bare, define chest.

Pulling apart, i turned over and snuggled back against him with his arms securely wrapped around me and let my eyes fall shut.

Freya Pov
I sighed as i lay on my floor blankets with my head on my jacket pillow.

Allen and Rick were both processing everything i told them earlier and i was board out of my mind.

Andre is in charge of watching us and ever since i got here i haven't left him alone.

"Hey Andre" i spoke as he sat at a desk with a book.

"Whaaaat!?" Andre groaned "what could you possibly want now!?"

I paused to sit up and look at him.

"Have you ever shaved a pickle?" I asked and a look of utter disbelief came over his face.

"Why the hell would i shave a pickle!?" Andre fumed.

"People do it" i shrugged.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Okay another chapter out!
I hope you all enjoy Freya's annoyingness to Andre cuz i have a great time writing it.

Do you guys like the new cover for the book?

TGTATBO IS OUT!!

What song is your favorite?

How did you react to 'Look At Me'?

Also when i was getting ready for the premiere, my phone was charging backwards and was a one percent as i we fumbling with my charger cords to switch the bases and when i leaned over to quickly i smacked my head on the corner of my tabel.

Almost cried but didn't cuz i dont cry over pain, theres a story behind that, i dont let myself cry and my sister hates it, and i mean HATES it that i dont cry.

Anyway, i also almost cried over 'Grey', y'all feel me?

Dont forget to vote!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

250 93 14
Bailey Miller has always been looked down upon from the other werewolves in town. Being adopted didn't help matters, but being completely oblivious t...
367K 9.7K 50
A reflection. Do you like yours, love yours or hate yours? There's many people in this world who dislike theirs, not because of the physicality that...
119 0 12
Not your average rejection story, usually the boy does something stupid and keeps being stupid and the girl forgives and forgets and gets pulled in b...
54.7K 763 20
Diamond is a 16 year old who lives in LA and she is a mysterious person. No friends, but she has 2 older brothers.The oldest brother is Sam and the s...