My Friend, My Hero - Ducktale...

By Author_Bingette

A Fenton x OC story Liz Feathers is one of the most outgoing ducks you could ever meet. If she had a superpow... More

New Girl In Town (Chapter 1)
Where Fun is in the Zone (Chapter 2)
Mark Beaks? (Chapter 3)
Daddy Issues (Chapter 4)
Darkwing Dorks (Chapter 5)
Aftermath of an Internship (Chapter 6)
A/N
My Hero in Robotic Armour (Chapter 7)
Don't (Chapter 8)
21st Century Breakup (Chapter 9)
Be My Valentine? (Mini Chapter)
The Darling Charisma of Liz Feathers! ( Chapter 10 Part 1)
Darling Charisma (Part 2)
Darling Charisma (Part 3) ᶦ ˢʷᵉᵃʳ ᵗʰᶦˢ ᶦˢ ᵗʰᵉ ˡᵃˢᵗ ᵖᵃʳᵗ
Meet the Feathers (Chapter 11)
Please read
Gossip Girl (MTF Part 2)
The Party (MTF Part 3)
Frenemies (Mini Chapter/Incorrect Quotes)
Moonvasion! (Chapter 12)
Dearest (Chapter 13)
Meant to be Mine (Chapter 14)
Eternity With You (Chapter 16)
Woohoo!
Another smol celebration (A/N)
Some really neat art. Also, something important
We did it, bois

Operation Something Blue (Chapter 15)

111 4 3
By Author_Bingette

(A/N: That's right, ladies and gentlemen! We got ourselves a proposal chapter on our hands! Woo! Get out the confetti! We're here!)

Liz's POV:

"You better let me be the flower girl at the wedding!", Launchpad demanded.

"I think that role might already be taken but I'll see what I can do.", Liz told him.

"So, how do you wanna do it?", he asked her

"I'm gonna do it at sunset, the most romantic time of day. It'll be just the three of us on the beach, overlooking the water. Webby and the boys are gonna set up an Italian restaurant just like our first unofficial date.
After dinner, Huey's gonna ask us if we'd like some coffee. I'll tell him, 'I better not. I don't want to stay up because lately, I've been loving my dreams and I'm hoping this one's gonna come true.' That's when I get down on one knee and propose to him!", she explained.

Launchpad started squealing like a little girl, "EEEEEEEEEEEEE I'M SO EXCITED FOR YOU!!!"

When he did, Liz pulled the phone away from her face again and told him, "LP, if you keep squealing like that, you're gonna break the sound barrier."

"I'm just so happy all that time I spent shipping you two didn't go to waste!", he exclaimed.

"Aww, you shipped us?", Liz asked, touched.

"Liz, I shipped you like FedEx.", he told her.

Liz faked breaking into tears, "Oh... I promised myself I wouldn't cry!"

"Anyway, what gave you the idea to propose in the first place?", he asked, "I mean, aside from being the cutest relationship ever."

She told him, "I just realised a couple hours ago when I got home that I never wanted to be away from Fenton ever again. Even when we're fighting, I'd take that any day over the agony I went through when I was away from him for so long, I could hardly remember what his voice sounded like. Also, our one-year anniversary is in a couple of days! He's gonna love it!"

"And what about Gandra?", LP asked.

"I kinda had a tiny secret little talk with her and she said she was fine skipping out because, despite definitely loving us two idiots, she isn't into the whole marriage thing but she still wants to be with us despite not getting married and I'm fine with that... and hopefully Fenton will be too."

"Our one-year anniversary is in two days! She'll love it!", Fenton exclaimed.

Fenton was explaining how he was going to propose to Liz to Huey and Webby, the second most hardcore shippers of the three (rivaled only by Launchpad).

"What's your master plan to blow her away with her romanticism?", Webby asked excitedly.

"I remember she once said that she wanted to spend eternity with me and one of her favourite movies is Adam Gandler's (I know, I'm sorry) The Wedding Singer. So the plan is, we'll set up some rocking chairs by the fireplace and you guys are going to back me up while I sing Grow Old With You from the movie and when the song is over, I'll get down on one knee and propose!", Fenton explained.

Webby started clutching her chest and breathing heavily while leaning on Huey.

"Are you okay?!", Fenton asked, frantically.

"She's fine. She's just faking a heart attack-", Huey started

"BECAUSE THAT'S THE MOST ROMANTIC THING EVER!!!", she shouted.

"Shh!", Gandra hushed her, "Liz is upstairs! We've got to keep it a surprise!"

"Right, sorry.", Webby awkwardly laughed.

And yes, Gandra was absolutely playing a double agent and absolutely loving it.

The next day, Liz called up the boys to ask for their help with the proposal.

"Louie Duck. Talk to me.", Louie answered.

"Louie, I need your, Webby and the boys' help with something super important tomorrow.", she told him.

"One moment."

Louie disappeared for a couple of minutes to ask for everyone's help. When he came back he told her, "Okay, Dewey and I can make it but Huey and Webby are busy."

"Huh. That's a little odd. Anyway,- get Dewey in here. He's gonna lose his mind!", she told him.

"'Kay."

"Hey Liz!", she heard Dewey say.

"Hey, so I need your guys' help because, drumroll please,", Dewey provided, "I'm gonna propose to Fenton!", she whisper-shouted.

"Oh! MY! GOD!!! THIS IS THE BEST THING EVER!!!", Dewey screamed.

Liz had to hold the phone away from her face again. Liz and Louie both said, "No wonder Launchpad's your best friend."

"Anway, I've got this super romantic thing planned!", She told them.

"Lay it on us.", Louie said.

"Are you gonna shoot fireworks into the sky that say 'Will you marry me' when they explode? Oh! Or are you gonna go skydiving and when you open your parachute, it'll say 'will you marry me'? Oh! Or-" Dewey excitedly guessed.

"I'm gonna stop you right there because I don't think you're ever gonna guess it.", Liz cut him off, "See, tomorrow is our one-year anniversary so we're gonna go for a nice walk on the beach at around sunset and, you guys are gonna make an Italian picnic dinner for us like our first date. Before you protest, Louie, I'm making the food."

"Please continue.", Louie told her.

"Thank you. At the end of the night, one of you are gonna offer us coffee and I'm gonna tell you, 'I better not. I don't want to stay up because lately, I've been loving my dreams and I'm hoping this one's gonna come true.' That's when I get down on one knee, pull out the ring and propose to him! Louie, give Dewey a pillow to scream into!", she told him.

She then heard the muffled sound of childlike screams of joy.

"So, I need you to be at the beach by 7 tomorrow. Can you guys make it?", she asked

"Of course we can! We'd make it even if we couldn't!", Dewey exclaimed.

"Great. We should be there at 7:30. Make sure you've got everything ready. That also means dressing up as little waiters.", she told them.

"Eh. It's an excuse to get out my favourite suit.", Louie shrugged.

"Also, please feel obliged to take as many discreet pictures as you'd like.", she told them.

"You know I'm gonna abuse that rule!", Dewey exclaimed.

"Okay! Operation Something Blue is a go!", Liz cheered.
She quickly covered her mouth, realising that she might've said that last part a bit too loud.

~Timeskip~

Liz was going next door to Officer Cabrera's house to ask for her blessing. She felt like it was a little extreme but she was also very intimidated by Fenton's mother so she thought there was no harm in it. Liz knocked on the door and was welcomed by her soon-to-be mother-in-law. God, that's a lot of hyphons.

"Hello, niña. It's nice to see you. Come in.", she greeted her.

"It's nice to see you too, ma'am.", Liz greeted her as well, "I came over to ask you about something really important."

"Of course, Liz. Come, sit.", she said as she took Liz over to the couch.

It eased Liz's mind a little that even though she still called her "ma'am", her and Fenton's mother were on very good terms.

"So, I wanted to ask you...", she took a deep breath, "For your blessing to marry Fenton."

Officer Cabrera's eyes widened and she stayed silent for a few moments, causing Liz to fear the worst but that fear went away in a heartbeat she grabbed Liz and hugged her so tight, she could hardly breathe.

"My polito's getting married!", she cheered.

"Is that a 'yes'?", Liz asked.

"Of course it is, niña! Ah! You're marrying my little polito!", she cheered again.

"It's wonderful to have your support, ma'am!", Liz told her.

"Ma'am? Don't call me ma'am anymore, Liz. You can call me M'ma!", she told her.

Though impressing parents was never really something Liz was extremely passionate about, in that moment, Liz almost felt as excited and euphoric as when she found out Fenton was in love with her!

"WOOHOO!", she cheered along with Officer Cabrera/M'ma.

Fenton was calling Mr Feathers in Ohio to ask him for his blessing. He was a little intimidated by him but he knew he had to do it and based on how the last time they saw each other went, he figured they were on good terms. But still, Gandra was holding his hand the whole time.

"Phineas Feathers, Feathers Incorporated.", he answered.

"Hello, Mr Feathers. It's me, Fenton.", Fenton said with his heart in his throat.

"Ah, Fenton. It's nice to hear from you. How've things been with you and Liz since you moved in together with that Gandra girl? Oh, Liz explained it to me before... polylove- no, polyamory it was called!", he asked, relieved he got it right, "Anyway, how are you son?"

"Things have been going wonderful sir! Well, since Liz got back from being kidnapped that is.", he replied.

"Yes, that was truly terrible. But I'm glad you rose to the occasion and saved her from that psychopath. Liz is right to call you her hero.", he told him, making his adoration of Liz grow even more.

"Thank you, sir! I'm calling today because I have something very important to ask of you.", he said.

"Fire away, son.", he said.

"Sir, it would give me the greatest honor if you could give me your blessing to marry your daughter.", he told him.

"Oh my god, of course you have my blessing! That's wonderful news!", he exclaimed.

"Thank you, sir!", he replied.

"You're actually the first guy who's asked for my blessing before proposing to Liz!", he told him.

"Men have proposed to Liz before?", he asked nervously.

"Well, only the two but that's not important! And hey, you better let me know when the wedding is, son! Because all the family's gonna fly out from all across America for it! We wouldn't miss our little Liz-kid's wedding for the world!", he told him.

"That's great news, sir!", Fenton said, "We'll let you know as soon as we've arranged it!"

"And kid, listen. You're a good kid. I trust you. I know you wouldn't hurt Liz. Congrats. You're a Feathers now! Now stop chatting with me and propose to her already!", he joked.

"Haha, sure thing, sir!", Fenton replied.

"Good job, Fenton. I'm proud of you.", Mr Feathers told Fenton before hanging up.

Gandra smirked at Fenton's parent-pleasing grin, "So, he say yes?"

~Timeskip~

Today was the day. Fenton was gonna propose to the love of his life. It was around 7:15 when Liz suggested to them, "Hey Fenton, I thought we could go for a small picnic at the beach since it's our anniversary."

Fenton and Gandra both had a hol' up moment before turning to look at each other. Was she planning on proposing too? That's so sweet! But he had to propose. It'd been ages since he'd done something romantic for her. But it wasn't as if they could protest. She'd taken the time to plan something out for them. Or, hell, she might not have been even planning anything at all.
And they needed the time out of the house for Huey and Webby to set up so Fenton told her, "Uh, sure! That sounds great!"

Fenton covered for Gandra as she snuck away to call Huey and Webby to tell them about the small change of plan.

"Hey guys. Quick change of plan. Liz wants to go for a picnic at the beach so you guys need to set up early.", she quickly explained.

"Wait, what? A picnic at the beach? Do you think she's planning on proposing to him as well?", Huey asked.

"I don't think so. I mean, she might be but who knows? She might just want to do something for our anniversary.", Gandra said, "Just get here in about 15 minutes. Hopefully, the picnic will give me enough time to stall for you to finish setting up and then we can get back in time."

"You can count on us!", Webby told him.

"Good luck!", Huey said.

She hung up and noticed that Liz had gone up to the bedroom. A while later, Liz came down in her indigo dress, the same dress she wore on their first unofficial date. Her hair and makeup done to perfection. Crap. She's definitely proposing.

As they were walking across the beach, Fenton was freaking out about how long Huey and Webby were going to take setting everything up because they were getting dangerously close to the perfect spot and in that moment, he did the only thing he could think of. He started walking like he was drunk and fake pained groans.

"Are you alright?", Liz asked, concerned.

As much as he hated deceiving Liz, he had to keep going.

"I don't feel so good. I think it was just looking at the ocean or something but-", he groaned again, "I just feel really awful."

"Oh, that's terrible. Do you think we should go home?", she asked.

"Yes!", he shouted before pretending to be sick again, "I think that's a great idea, Liz."

"That's a shame. I had something really great planned.", she sighed.

Fenton's heart was breaking but he'd make up for it later when he'd propose to her.

"I'm really sorry. I bet it would've been amazing.", he said.

Damn it, Liz thought, And right when it was getting to sunset as well. But there was no time to mope. She had to rearrange her plan. She excused herself to go to the bathroom and quickly called Louie and Dewey.

Louie picked up, "What the heck happened back there? You were about to sit down but then you just left!"

"Okay, change of plan! Commence Operation Something New! I need you guys to set up something back at the house! Um... Oh, I know! you could set up the picnic stuff in our bedroom because of how comfortable we are with each other, and get some heart confetti to go everywhere! I'll meet you near the porta-potties so you can take the stuff there. There's a spare key under the ceramic turtle.", she quickly explained to them.

She gave them the stuff, sent them on their way and went back to Fenton.

"Hey, lovebird. Shall we head back home? I think we should walk quite slowly though. Don't wanna mess up your tum-tum again.", she told him, doing her best to come up with ways of stalling.

Liz had just unknowingly provided him a free method of stalling for Huey and Webby even longer. Fenton found it strange but wasn't complaining. Liz put her shoulder around him as they slowly walked back to the parking lot together.

They got in the car and Liz told him, "When we get back, I'll get you some pepto bismol so hopefully you'll feel better so you can still enjoy the picnic at home."

Now that he wasn't freaking out about his own plan, Fenton began to realise how weird Liz was sounding. Oh no. She had a counter-plan to his counter-plan! But the rocking chairs would be the first thing she saw when she walked in so he'd probably be fine.

Back at the house, Huey and Webby had just finished setting up the rocking chairs and the fireplace when they heard Dewey and Louie come in.

"What are you doing here?", Huey asked.

"Um, we're here to-", Louie began.

"We're setting up Liz's proposal and it's gonna be romantic and beautiful and awesome!", Dewey exclaimed, "But are you sure I can't sing a song when they're done?"

"There is no way you're singing in front of them!", Louie told him. He then turned to face his eldest brother, "What are you doing here?"

"We're setting up Fenton's proposal!", Huey told them.

"Oh my gosh! They're both gonna propose at the exact same time! That'll be so romantic!", Webby shouted.

"What happens when they figure out that the other wanted to propose?", Huey pondered.

"I don't know but what I do know is that I wanna stick around to see!", Louie said as he ran towards the door so they could spy through the windows with Dewey and Webby following quickly behind. Huey sighed as he followed too.

"Less coercion, more decoration, chop-chop people!", Gandra hustled the children.

As they were driving back, they reached a hill when they got a flat tire. Liz pulled over.

"Damn it. We've got a flat tire.", she cursed. She then awkwardly looked at Fenton and Gandra, "Do you know how to fix a flat tire?"

Fenton nervously laughed, "Unfortunately, no. You?"

"Not a clue.", she chuckled a little.

"What is it?", He asked.

"It's just that, I find it sweet that, even though we've known each other for so long and we've been through so much, we're still somehow learning new things about each other.", she said. 

"This isn't how I planned tonight going at all", Fenton laughed.

"You have no idea.", Liz laughed along with him.

There was a little while of silence between the two. Liz turned on the radio and it was playing It's A Date. Their song.

Liz realised that it didn't matter where, it didn't matter how, it didn't matter if it was perfect or not. The only thing that mattered was Fenton and how much she loved him.

She looked deep into Fenton's eyes and saw everything they'd went through together, everything they'd discovered about each other and themselves, and every little thing that made their lives worth living. Liz felt tears beginning to well up in her eyes. She could tell that they were both thinking the same thing. Without a second thought, they said what they'd been dying to say all day.

"I do."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15.5K 461 20
Dewey has never felt like he stood out enough. Suddenly, one day he disappears without a trace. Follow Dewey and the rest of his family through this...
2.9K 117 29
With one year in the DTU and Season 1 wrapped up, things are looking awesome for my life here in DuckTales! Some adventures are epic with daring dos...
1.7K 101 23
Everyone has been keeping secrets lately. Could it be those very secrets that could tear this friend group apart... or bring them closer together? Th...
13.6K 486 36
"'I need you to take out the McDucks,' the figure said. Huey was taken back. 'Heck no! They're my family. I'm done here,' he said. He began to walk p...