Race You | YANGYANG

By lost_in_neocity

Ft. NCT/WayV's Liu Yangyang The thrill of speeding through the finish line was enough to keep anyone alive. S... More

Characters
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Epilogue
Masterlist

Chapter 23

5.3K 355 240
By lost_in_neocity

According to Yangyang, a car meet didn't actually involve racing but was more like a big car party. It was where racers would show off their cars in a public space, like a parking lot, letting others observe as they walked by. They were apparently pretty fun, especially the nicer ones, as they had music blasting and sometimes served drinks, racers spending the night socializing with one another.

Yangyang had let Xia borrow one of his leather jackets that she threw over her black t-shirt and ripped jeans, hoping that it would help her fit in better. The male himself was wearing a black denim jacket and white graphic tee with black jeans and nice shoes.

Speaking of shoes, it seemed like Yangyang also had this habit of collecting nice shoes, one of the wardrobes near the door being full of them. Hendery let out a tsk as Xia giggled, the two of them watching as Yangyang took his sweet time picking which pair to wear.

They had eventually made it to the parking lot though, which was already full of cars and people. Hendery parked his car in a vacant spot, and Yangyang helped her out of his car.

"Whoa." Xia said as she got out, finally able to take in the sight around her.

Not only was the DJ pretty good, but there were coloured lights everywhere, cars with their hoods opened as people peered in, staring at the engines while owners of the cars stood confidently. It was clear that the racing community in Neo City was huge, and she was now about to become a part of it.

"Pretty cool, huh?" Yangyang said as he took her hand while Hendery was already talking to other people.

"Very." Xia said, smiling at Yangyang.

Yangyang led her down the row of cars, explaining different parts to her for each one.

"This is a Ford Mustang, pretty popular on the streets. It's been modified though, so you can see here that the cold air intake was upgraded, so was the exhaust system. If you look inside the car, a lot of the weight was cut down by getting rid of useless things." Yangyang explained.

"You want your car to be light to go faster, right?" Xia asked, staring at Yangyang's side profile as he stared at the engine in awe.

"Exactly." Yangyang said, turning his head to give Xia a smile. "You're a fast learner, aren't you?"

"Only because I have a good teacher." Xia replied, sticking her tongue out before grabbing Yangyang's arm.

They continued looking at different cars, Xia being impressed by how much Yangyang knew about each one of them. He was also very sociable with the owners of the cars, making good conversation. The owners also seemed very nice and welcoming, a pleasant surprise for the girl.

Even though Xia has almost no idea what they were talking about, it was so obvious that Yangyang was in his own element here. Xia couldn't believe that this had almost been a kept a secret away from her and that she had been so quick to judge.

"Do you have any plans on getting your own car?" Xia asked as they walked, deciding to take a break from all the talking. "Like once you get the money for one."

"I actually have the money already." Yangyang admitted. "I won Renjun in a race, so now all I have to do is buy it."

"What's stopping you then?" Xia asked, eager to hear what Yangyang had to say.

"I'm just worried that I won't like it." Yangyang told her. "I've always wanted the same car ever since I was a kid, but that was before I actually knew how to drive."

"You know so much about cars now, if you still want the same car, it's probably a good one." Xia said before giving Yangyang's cheek a poke. "Have some confidence."

"Okay, okay." Yangyang said, laughing with Xia. It soon faded though, as they stopped walking, a girl standing in front of them.

Xia noticed that the girls at this meet were basically split into two categories. The first category were girls that seemed genuinely interested in cars and racing, chatting around and staring into car hoods like she was with Yangyang. The other category, which contained the majority of the females, were pretty and model-like, but also wore skimpy clothes, definitely more interested in the men than the cars. This girl belonged to the second type.

The girl had her eyes narrowed at Yangyang and her hands on her hips, unimpressed. Xia held onto Yangyang tighter, feeling out of place.

Yangyang seemed perfectly calmed though as he kept his hands in his pockets, unfazed. "Can I help you?"

"I wanted to congratulate you on your last race and offer you some help with getting a car, but I guess you don't want it." The girl hissed as he attention shifted to Xia. Xia gulped, moving closer to Yangyang.

"I don't." Yangyang said calmly before faking a smile. "I actually already have plans on getting a car."

"You do?" The girl exclaimed, clearly shocked. Yangyang nodded.

"Now if you may excuse us, I'm going to continue looking at cars with my girlfriend." Yangyang said, making an emphasis on the last word.

Xia was equally as surprised as the girl was as she stood there, mouth hanging open. Yangyang began walking again though, taking Xia with him as they moved passed the girl.

"They're so annoying, like why are you here if you're not even interested in cars?" Yangyang muttered as they continued. Xia couldn't help but smile.

"I'm not interested in cars." Xia confessed, making Yangyang stop walking, turning his head to face her.

"Yeah but at least you're staring at the hoods and not drooling over men." Yangyang pointed out before smirking. "Aside from me, of course."

Xia shook her head, giving Yangyang a glare. "You and your confidence."

Yangyang laughed as he gently pulled her along, the two continuing to look at cars again.

Xia noticed Yangyang's eyes widen as he stared at one, parked in a corner. "Oh my gosh, no way!"

Xia was pulled along with Yangyang as he ran towards the very expensive looking car like a child, staring at in it awe.

"Xia, you know how I told you I had a car in mind?" Yangyang exclaimed as he removed himself from Xia to take in the features of the car. "Well this is it, it's the-"

"Porsche 911." A man said from behind them, making them turn in surprise.

He was tall and handsome, with tanned skin and model-like features. He wore a patterned suit jacket and black pants, the jacket buttoned up with no shirt underneath. His dark hair was slicked back and he wore chains and expensive jewellery, a silver watch shining on his wrist. It was clear that he was a man of power and wealth.

Yangyang gave the man a grin. "Almost sixty years old but only has five recent updates. It's given Porche almost 30,000 race wins, and already race-ready in stock."

"Precisely." The man said, stepping towards Yangyang and putting out his hand. "Lucas."

"Yangyang." Yangyang said, shaking the man's hand. "Is this car yours?"

"Not for much longer." Lucas admitted. "I plan on selling it tonight, you interested?"

Xia could tell that Yangyang was holding in his excitement as his smile brightened, almost as bright as the moon up in the sky.

"Of course I am."

———————————————————————————

Lucas'/Yangyang's car:

And you all were wondering when lucas would pop up 😏

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.1K 279 23
'Burn up the road until I surpass you.' 'But we're already on the same, next level.' na jaemin of nct mafia, street racing au please vote started: 11...
15.9K 498 25
โ˜† ๐ซ๐š๐œ๐ž๐ซ ๐š๐ฎ โ˜† "It's ok, girls tend to get distracted by my looks." "shut up before I leave tire marks on your face." - started: August 1, 2020 ...
17.3K 970 10
๐™ฌ๐™–๐™ฎ๐™ซ ๐™ฎ๐™–๐™ฃ๐™œ๐™ฎ๐™–๐™ฃ๐™œ ๐™๐™ค๐™ง๐™ง๐™ค๐™ง ๐™–๐™ช ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ฒ๐˜๐—ฒ "It's over." "Who said it was?" The death of his older brother figure has Yangyang brok...
729K 21.2K 64
โ™งสœแด‡'s แด„แดสŸแด… . . . . โ™งส™แดœแด› sแด›ษชสŸสŸ sแดแดแด‡ สœแดแดก แดกแด€ส€แด. โ€ขแดแด€า“ษชแด€ แด€แดœ