The Month Of June (Hunger Gam...

By CompromisedMortality

Rated PG 13 due to eventual gore. And because I'm paranoid. What if Katniss, Gale, Prim, and Peeta didn't ex... More

The 74th Hunger Games (FanFiction) Chapter 1... Morning in Twelve
Chapter 2... Reaping Day
Chapter 3... The Last Goodbyes
Chapter 4... Train Of The Games
Chapter 5... The Chariots
Chapter 6... Training Mistakes
Chapter 7... Evaluation
Chapter 8... Scores
Chapter 9... Loss and Realization
Chapter 10... The Interview
Dear Readers
Chapter 11... Let The Games Begin
Chapter 12: The Promise
Chaptet 13: Hope and Faith
Chapter 14: Life and Death
Second Version of Chapter 15
The... Scrapped Chapter 15
I'M SO HAPPY! (Aka Author's Note)
Temporarily* Discontinuing

Chapter 15: Not Like This

71 6 4
By CompromisedMortality

I think I see the light to heaven, but then I remember I'm in Hell.

My body aches. My head is throbbing. I feel like my skin is melting.

Everything hurts. My eyes begin to water. For a second I think it's because the sun is in my eyes, but then I realize it's because I'm crying.

I haven't cried in years. Not since my Castor died that day.

The sun begins to set, and the moon begins to rise.

My eyes stay glued to the sky.

I can't move. I can't think.

Is this it? I die like this? I don't even go out swinging?

No. This is a coward's death.

With much effort, I pull my arms up and try to push myself into a sitting position.

"Not like this. Not like this," I growl through gritted teeth.

I won't go like this.

"Get UP!" I hiss and myself.

"GET UP!!!" I yelled at myself. With shaking limbs, I managed to stand.

My hands rested on my knees.

What do I do? I have no water.

I look at Heron, who is passed out on the ground. She's alive.

I feel something wet on my skin. I look up at the starry sky, and I see, and feel, raindrops. Raindrops. Water. It begins to pour. I make an animal like sound and grab the jug from my bag. I limp over to a patch of trees.

Water streams down the leaves. I put the jug to the leaves and it fills. I take a giant gulp. I immediately feel better.

I fill the jug up the rest of the way and carry it back.

"Heron! Heron, water, wake up!" I say happily.

Heron opens her eyes groggily. I give her the jug and she drinks it.

We're okay. We're okay.

Maybe I will get home after all.

AN: SORRY, SHORT CHAPTER. VERY short chapter. I wish I could have written more but it's just hard. ;^;

I HOPE IM NOT GETTING WRITERS BLOCK. *_*

And also: 364 READS!!!! Thanks you guys so much for sticking through this story!

Now I have a second version of this chapter I might put out later on but I'm not sure. Well... I also have a third version but that involves June dying... Yeah I scrapped that one.

Anyways, until next time!!!! :3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

47.9K 847 38
**If you see or read this book on any other platform, it's been stolen and plagiarized. This is the ONLY forum that has my permission to publish my...
116K 1.9K 31
CAUTION ⚠️ i wrote this book when I was young. As a result, it is quite bad grammatically/descriptively. Pls proceed with caution. (I don't have th...
1.5K 53 39
"I don't know what kind of girl you think I am Greg" I mumbled. I was not the kind of girl who slept with guys on a whim. I wanted him, but not enoug...
149K 5.2K 36
This is a modern day hunger game fan fic. What of Katniss Everdeen and her family loved in a time when the rich like herself, looked down upon the po...