COTTON CANDY SKIES | JIKOOK βœ”

By miniekins

Sweet football player Jeon Jeongguk has never displayed interest in any of the other teenagers at his high sc... More

[🍬] one | disclaimers
[🍬] two
[🍬] three
[🍬] four
[🍬] five
[🍬] six
[🍬] seven
[🍬] eight
[🍬] nine
[🍬] ten
[🍬] eleven
[🍬] twelve
[🍬] thirteen
[🍬] fourteen
[🍬] fifteen
[🍬] sixteen
[🍬] seventeen
[🍬] eighteen
[🍬] Nineteen
[🍬] Twenty
[🍬] Twenty-one
[🍬] Twenty-two
[🍬] Twenty-three
[🍬] Twenty-four
[🍬] Twenty-five
[🍬] Twenty-six
[🍬] Twenty-seven
[🍬] Twenty-eight
[🍬] Twenty-nine
[🍬] Thirty
[🍬] Thirty-one
[🍬] Thirty-two
[🍬] Thirty-four
[🍬] Thirty-five
[🍬] Thirty-six [FINALE]

[🍬] Thirty-three

6K 353 228
By miniekins

Jeongguk probably shouldn't be as nervous as he is. Hell, Jimin doesn't even look to be as antsy. But there's just something about sitting in the silence of his living room alongside Jimin, waiting for his mother to return home from her confrontation with In-Su.

It's probably because he's afraid to lose Jimin. It's already been established that he's staying yet somehow, he can't help but think of the worst possible outcomes. He's become so impossibly smitten with the blond's entirety, that the thought of losing him makes him sick to his stomach. His throat burns while he thinks it over unwillingly. Apparently he likes to torture himself even though he doesn't intend to.

"Bun." Jimin snuggles in closer to Jeongguk's side on the couch, peering up at him through long lashes. "You don't have to be so nervous. I trust your mom. I trust her more than I trust my father. She won't disappoint us. Just take a deep breath, okay?"

Jeongguk peers after Jimin, feeling his heart soften in his chest. Such the simplest and dulcet of touches and words always seem to ebb away the fear constantly melding with his skin. It's truly a blessing. Jimin is a blessing.

And so he listens. He inhales deeply with Jimin's fingers moving through his hair, tugging gently at the roots. A weighted exhale falls to brush the blond's mouth. Jimin smiles sweetly and leans in, pressing his lips to Jeongguk's.

Jeongguk hums contentedly and whimpers as Jimin pulls away. He pouts at him while batting his lashes playfully.

Jimin chuckles, sending his hand forward to smack his boyfriend on the shoulder. "You're like a bunny in heat," he mumbles.

Jeongguk blushes. "Well have you seen what you look like?" And then he sinks into the cushion slowly because Jimin is looking at him in such a way that draws intrigue but also worry.

Jimin's hand moves to flatten along his cheek. "Have I ever told you how proud I am of you, Jeongguk? You used to be so insecure. You were shy - not to say that you still aren't - but you've definitely been coming out of your shell. You're being yourself and you haven't been afraid to explore your sexuality with me. You're trying new things and that makes me happy. Are you happy, Bun?" he asks.

Jeongguk is blinking at Jimin, pulling on his bottom lip. His cheeks dust over with shell-pink as he sinks deeper into the boy's palm. Everything he speaks is true. And maybe he hasn't really acknowledged it himself because he's been intimidated by the fact that he's still changing. But that's the beautiful part about it, isn't it? Jeongguk parts his mouth to talk but Jimin beats him to it.

"Despite the odds, you still managed to crawl your way into my heart and you stayed there," Jimin continues endearingly.

Jeongguk scrunches his nose shyly. "But you let me in, and that's the difference. You never made fun of me. You never laughed at me if I did something wrong and you still never do. I can't think of anybody else I'd let carry me through this phase of learning and hardships. It means so much to me. You mean so much to me," he replies quietly.

Jimin's smile reaches his waning eyes. He plants a kiss against Jeongguk's forehead and snuggles into the crook of his neck, breathing in his calming aroma. "But you mean the most to me," he replies.

Jeongguk grumbles. "That isn't true," he argues while lifting Jimin's shirt slightly, drawing circles into his bare back.

The blond whines softly in response to the solace such a subtle gesture brings him. "I'm sure we'll be at this all day if we keep going at it," he humours.

"We definitely will." Jeongguk plants a chaste kiss against Jimin's cheek and for the remainder of their wait, they turn the TV on and watch some cartoons to pass the time by.

Half an hour sweeps by and at this point, Jimin is sound asleep, resting his head on Jeongguk's thigh. Jeongguk cards his fingers through the boy's blond hair, twirling few strands between his fingers as a subtle distraction. As soon as the episode he's watching ends, the front door opens.

Jimin is still asleep however Jeongguk peers to his right, finding Myung-hee slipping her shoes off of her feet in replacement of beige slippers. He's watching her attentively and in spite of the situation at hand, she visibly coos at the sight of the boy's positions.

Jeongguk breaks into a shy smile while looking down at the blond's side profile. His fingertips run over his cheekbone, moving elegantly as if Jimin's soft, white skin is a dance floor. "Jimin, my mom is back," he says quietly.

Jimin whines quietly, snuggling deeper into Jeongguk's thighs. The latter digs his two front teeth into his bottom lip, moving his fingers to the blond's nose. He pinches until Jimin's eyes finally open.

"My mom is back, baby," he replies.

Jimin's eyes widen. He sits up straight, using the pad of his thumb to brush the corner of his lips. He's blushing while looking at Myung-hee, feeling embarrassed.

"Sorry," he mumbles quietly.

"It's alright, dear." Myung-hee sits in the empty space on the couch next to both boys. Her lips aren't upturned in a smile, however they aren't curved downward, either. She sighs quietly while looking between both Jeongguk and Jimin. Her expression is unreadable.

"What'd he say? What's going on?" Jimin presses eagerly.

Myung-hee's gazes fixes on Jimin for the time being. "Well, I have both good news and bad news, I think. In-Su has decided he wants to move back to Busan, Jimin," she says.

Both Jeongguk and Jimin fret at this. "But he said I could stay? I don't understand," the blond brings up.

Myung-hee nods her head. "You're right, Jimin. That's the thing. In-Su gave you permission to stay here, if you'd like. But he's leaving, little one."

Jimin blinks at her, and then looks down to his lap. Jeongguk moves his fingers over Jimin's thigh and intertwines them.

Jeongguk has no idea what Jimin is thinking currently. But what's most obvious is that he's lost in thought. He's nibbling on his bottom lip, staring at the floor. His expression is indistinguishable. It's quite barren which leaves Jeongguk up to the challenge of figuring out what that could possibly mean. Is he happy? Is he angry, or sad, even?

"Jimin?" Myung-hee voices, stirring the young boy from his deep position of contemplation.

"Yeah, sorry." Jimin shakes his head, running his tongue over his lips while he peers up. "Do you know when he's leaving?"

Myung-hee nods her head. "He's planning his departure for the end of the week."

Jimin nods his head, rubbing his nape. "And he said that I can stay here with you guys? Did he say anything else?"

"I'm sorry, Jimin." Myung-hee's expression falls and Jeongguk listens in closely. "I tried to reason with him but he wouldn't budge. He doesn't think he owes you an apology," she tells sadly.

Jeongguk squeezes Jimin's fingers. "I guess some people just aren't meant to change, are they?" the blond mutters solemnly.

"I guess not." Myung-hee's smile is weak. Jeongguk is studying every aspect of her being, noticing something about her that also manages to break his heart. She doesn't appear to just be sad for Jimin, however herself. He can't discredit the fact that they had something and just maybe, she still feels something for him. Because she did fall for an entirely different man, after all. "I'll leave you two be. I'm going to take a shower, maybe clear my head. Let me know what you come up with, okay?"

Jimin and Jeongguk nod their heads. They both watch as Myung-hee ambles down the hallway while holding her head faintly, clearly exhausted.

Jeongguk sinks his teeth down on his lips as he curls them in. He analyzes Jimin's state and yet his condition is still indiscernible. "How are you feeling, baby?" he asks.

Jimin peers up at him and for a moment, he just looks Jeongguk in his eyes. But soon he's collapsing against his thighs once more, staring at the ceiling. Jeongguk twirls the blond's hair between his fingers, giving the boy some room to breathe.

"I want to stay with you guys," he says. "But there's so much I need to take into consideration. You guys really don't need another body in the house. I know my dad said he would help but for how long? He's unpredictable. I can help pay with the job I have and I can help with chores." Jimin looks up at Jeongguk.

Jeongguk frowns in but a whisper. "You're always focused on those things when you shouldn't be, Baby. At least not right now. Don't worry about the money. Worry about yourself. Do you want to visit him before he leaves?" he asks.

Jimin reaches for one of Jeongguk's hands. He's playing with his fingers. "...I don't think it's up to me to visit him. What am I gonna say? He'll come see me when he's ready, I guess. I've been waiting ever since before my mom died for him to change. It's been long enough," he reasons and brings Jeongguk's hand down to brush his full lips over his knuckles. "What do you think?"

There's a thoughtful hum that ladens the air, stemming from Jeongguk's pink lips. He watches the boy play with his hand. "I don't really think it's my place to tell you what's right and what's wrong. But if you want my opinion, Baby, I think you have a point. I've seen what he's capable of. You don't owe him anything. If In-Su wants to make amends, then he should come and find you. Not the other way around."

Jimin finally sits up and moves his thighs against Jeongguk's. He's smiling while looking into his big eyes. "Thank you, Jeongguk. For everything. I mean it," he expresses.

"Of course. I would do anything for you, Baby." Jeongguk moves stray pieces of fringe out of Jimin's eyes, trailing his fingers down his cheek.

"Even my homework?" Jimin pitches with a mischief grin.

Jeongguk scrunches his nose. "Are we really going to have this conversation again? We both know how it ended last time," the boy brings up with a cheeky smile.

Jimin taps his finger against Jeongguk's jaw. "Maybe that's my intention," he mutters.

Jeongguk raises a brow. Without a second thought he pushes Jimin against the couch and begins to tickle him. Jimin breaks into a wide smile with half-moon eyes and squeaky laughter.

-

It's the next morning and Jeongguk and Jimin are walking through the front doors of the school together, bravely hand in hand. People are staring, however Jimin is running his thumb over Jeongguk's skin to keep him at ease. They avoid the whispers and penetrative glances, sticking to their path.

As they turn the corner to reach their lockers, they find Yoongi and Taehyung to be one step ahead of them - well, arguably.

Yoongi's back is against the locker. One of his legs are bent as the sole of his foot presses against the metal. His books are held tightly against his chest while he peers up at Taehyung; who has one arm stretched forward, palm flattened against the locker, next to Yoongi's head. The mint haired boy is blushing profusely as Taehyung's shapely lips curve into a box-like position.

"Hey, you two," Jimin greets as they pull up next to both of the boys. Taehyung puts his arms down and twists his neck to face them.

"Hey." Taehyung stuffs his hands into his leather jacket. "You guys good?" he asks.

Jeongguk and Jimin glance at each other, and then down at their hands. "Yeah, we're good," the brunette says.

"Oh, good!" Yoongi chirps, pulling his sleeves over his hands. "Did you guys know that Taehyung is bisexual?"

Taehyung glances at Yoongi, raising a brow at such an arbitrary statement. "Really, Yoonie? That was random as hell."

Yoongi chuckles. "I wish I got the best of both worlds but I only like boys," he murmurs.

All three other boys chuckle. Yoongi then peers up at Jeongguk, flashing his gums in a cute smile. "What about you, Jeongguk?"

Jeongguk chokes on his own spit, unprepared for the sudden interrogation. He rubs at his nape and Jimin draws his nails over his back faintly. "I, um... I don't really know... I'm still discovering myself, but uh... I haven't really thought about it. I guess I just look at a person and find them attractive? I dunno," he mutters shyly.

Jimin places a kiss against Jeongguk's neck to reassure him and the brunette blushes.

"Yoongi, it isn't really your business." Taehyung pokes the boy's cheek and he blinks at him. Suddenly he walks off without saying anything and Taehyung chuckles, shaking his head. "See you guys during lunch."

Both boys are now left alone. Jeongguk is still blushing after being asked the question and he nibbles on his bottom lip. Jimin tilts his head up so that they're looking at each other.

"Don't be shy. You're still learning, right? If you find other genders attractive then that's totally fine. You don't need to label it. Nothing really needs a label if you like the person you're talking to," Jimin assures.

Jeongguk's lips pout softly. "Really?"

Jimin nods his head. "Yeah. Some people's brains are the size of a pea. They're close-minded. But mine and your brain." The boy makes an explosive sound with his mouth while his hands blow up.

Jeongguk chuckles. "Why are you so cute?" he questions.

The blond shrugs with puffed cheeks. He opens his locker and reaches for his things while waddling down the hallway with a small quack. Jeongguk watches him and shakes his head while laughing. He grabs his own things and heads off to his first block.

(A/N): This book will be ending very soon! Is there anything in particular you wanna see? Like a special Taegi chapter that maybe has smut or like a specific JiKook scene? Lemme know. :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

102K 3.2K 20
In a story, where Jimin and Jungkook live together and Jimin starts developing feelings for his fellow housemate. But Jungkook doesn't seem to notice...
29.6K 1.2K 32
Jeon Jungkook is one of the most popular boys in the school. He is good at studies and sports. Rumor has it that he and the popular cheerleader - Sta...
107K 5.2K 40
A young Park Jimin has the biggest crush on a close family friend Jeon Jungkook. Jungkooks never viewed Jimin as anything more than a kid but what ha...
423K 13.7K 46
Your family is moving from the USA to Seoul for a change. The adventures start the first day of school when you meet your new best friend and a group...