The Swirling Storm Inside

By jess_hi

Nina grew up on The Isle of the Lost along with many other kids, although many things were different about he... More

Chapter 1-The Guards
Chapter 2- Odette
Chapter 4- Hey Chad
Chapter 5- I'm Smarter
Chapter 6- Horses
Chapter 7- Let's Party
Chapter 8- Not an Accomplishment
Chapter 9- Uh, Thank You
Chapter 10- I Am Enough
Chapter 11- I'm Fine Just Stupid
Chapter 12- Who Am I Supposed To Be?
Chapter 13- The Passageway
Chapter 14- A Home
Chapter 15- Soldier Boy
Chapter 16- Lots to Catch Up On
Chapter 17- The Last Night
Chapter 18- Tonight Was About You (Spicey)
Chapter 19- I Know It's A Lot
Chapter 20- This Life
Chapter 21- I'm Always Down for a Drink
Chapter 22- Thank You for Everything (Spicy)
Chapter 23- You Done?
Chapter 24- The Storm Had Come
Chapter 25- I Proved Both Wrong
Chapter 26- I Do Have You

Chapter 3-Leave Me Alone

1.7K 36 10
By jess_hi

I woke up the next morning to the bright sun streaming through my snow curtains, and groaned.

Why is it so bright?

I glanced at the clock that was sitting beside my bed, and saw that it read 8:30.

Great, class in twenty minutes.

Eh, twenty minutes late isn't bad.

Getting up, I picked out an outfit for the day, taking an extra minute to pick one out, as it was my first day of school.

Deciding against my jacket, I did about the same makeup as yesterday, the classic winged eyeliner, with bright red lipstick.

Picking up the school bag that had been left in my room, I saw it already had stationary and things inside, and smirked.

Less work for me then.

Glancing at the clock again, I saw that class had started ten minutes ago.

Stepping outside my room, I made sure to close and lock the door.

Jogging downstairs, it took me about another ten minutes to find my English class, opening up the door.

Everyone turned to me, and I smirked, the teacher glaring.

"Name?" He asked, grabbing his paper.

"Nina," I replied, studying the short man.

He had a strange mustache, and wore a rather large pocket watch around his neck, as well as having multiple clocks in the classroom.

"Last name?"

"Unknown," I replied simply, and he glanced up, surprised.

"That is a unique last name," he said, making me glare.

"Its not my last name you nit wit. I don't know my last name," I snapped, starting to go to the back of the class where there was an open spot.

"I expect you to be on time from now on young lady! Time is very important to me," he said, dropping everything else.

Seeing his name on the blackboard, I rolled my eyes.

Mr Cogsworth.

I should have known.

He started to babble on and on about poetic devices, and I pulled out a notebook, starting to doodle instead.

Not paying attention in the slightest, I leaned back, putting more colors of pen on my doodle page.

"Nina? Nina!" Yelled Cogsworth, and I calmly lifted my head.

"Yes?" I replied sweetly, seeing him glaring from the front of the class.

"What type of poem is this?" He asked, and I quickly glanced at it before going back to doodling.

"Its a sonnet. And if wasn't paying attention perhaps you should give me a reason too," I replied, my smirk staying on my lips.

There were a few gasps, and he looked like smoke was going to come out of his ears.

"If you are rude one more time,"

"Oh I forgot to tell you, I don't have goodness class until tomorrow, so rain check?" I replied, and there were some chuckles throughout the class.

"You should watch your tongue young lady," he said said, stepping over to me.

"Sorry I never had a mom to tell me to do that," I replied, raising one eye brow.

"Do not joke about those sorts of things," Cogsworth said, his features softening.

"Why? You gonna send me to the principles?" I asked, and earned another chuckle.

"Just be quiet," he said, leaving me alone again.

I went back to my doodling, until I heard he wanted us to write a Haiku poem, one of the shortest poems.

Five syllables, seven syllables, five syllables.

Starting to write one in a bottom corner that wasn't covered by doodles, I was finished rather quickly.

I see ice and snow
The cold protects me from you
Trying to burn me

Throwing my name on it, I quickly handed it in, before leaving the class a couple minutes early.

I found a note in my bag for my locker, and looked around for it.

It didn't take too long to find, and before I opened it, I decorated it with some ice, making sure this wouldn't melt.

Smirking, I threw in my books from that class, looking for the ones I would need for my next class.

"Hey, Isle girl," snapped a snotty voice, and I rolled my eyes, turning around.

"Hey spoiled brat. What's up?" I replied, giving a sickly sweet smile to Audrey.

She glared at me, her nostrils flaring.

"You can't dance anymore. Its only for royalty. Not for little nobody's," she said, and I raised my eyebrow.

"Now I ask you, why should I be scared of you?" I said, stepping closer.

Grabbing a piece of her dark hair, I ran my ice up it, the dark hair getting stiff.

Harshly pulling it, the frozen hair broke off, and I handed her the chunk.

"You will not tell me, what I can and can't do. You got that?" I replied, and she shrieked before running away.

"Did you really have to do that?" Asked Mal, starting the combo on her locker.

Putting my hand on it, I allowed a thick sheet of ice to cover it, before shutting mine and stalking away.

I can't believe they put me in the locker right next to Mal's.

That girl always got what she wanted, no matter who it hurt or affected.

She didn't care.

People like that don't just change overnight.

Not paying attention, I managed to run into someone, and glared at them when I did.

"Watch where you are going," I snapped, glaring up at the person.

It turned out to be the guard Jace, although he was in regular clothes today.

"Wow you'd almost think you weren't from around here," he teased, giving me an easy smile.

"Watch yourself soldier boy. You could get caught talking to the enemy," I said dramatically, before pulling out my schedule to look at my next class.

"Enemy? Who would be saying that?" He asked, before hearing an angry shriek down the hallway.

"Why are my spells not working! They worked on Jay!" Mal yelled, trying to force open her ice covered locker.

"I need to go. Hey, do you know where the gym is?" I asked him, and he nodded, starting to walk me over.

"So why did you ice her locker?" He asked, curiosity building.

"She was just being annoying," I replied, and he laughed softly.

"The freedom you have is incredible. You aren't scared of anything are you?" He asked, and I smirked.

"Everyone is scared of something," I replied simply, and he chuckled.

"Well then keep your secrets. This is the change room. You should have a locker inside with clothes to wear." He informed me, and I glanced at him.

He had kept the nice tone the whole time that we were talking, and seemed very genuine.

"Why are you being so nice to me?" I asked, a calculating look on my face.

He looked slightly surprised at the question, but kept the nice smile on his face.

"I guess because you haven't given me a reason not to be yet," he replied, surprising me slightly.

"I have to go see King Ben. I'll see you later?"

"See you later soldier boy."

***

Gym was absolute torture.

Everyone was constantly talking, so the teacher made us run laps for about an hour, the short guy having a lot of anger.

"Now go have the showers so you don't smell like pigs that just walked a meter," Phil yelled, all of us doing just that.

I was silent walking balk, all of the other girls keeping their distance, which is how I liked it.

I didn't need anybody in my space.

Managing to not smudge my makeup, I got dressed quickly, soon being outside.

Grabbing my schedule, I saw that I had lunch, and then Physics.

Glancing around, I saw a lot of kids moving in one direction, and started to follow them, guessing that they were going to the cafeteria.

Wondering how different the food would be hear, I looked around the school, still a bit surprised that I was here.

Perhaps Fairy Godmother could use magic to find out who my parents were.

I had always wondered, wondered who they were, why they gave me up, and if they may want to meet me now.

No, you are fine by yourself, people just let you down, I told myself, soon coming up to the cafeteria.

It was covered by wood paneling like most of the school, but smelled absolutely incredible.

There were so many different smells going through my nose, and none of them were rotten or repelling in the slightest.

Getting into line, I saw a whole bunch of different types of fruit, and grabbed them all, putting them into my schoolbag.

I walked out then, not wanting to be inside with all of the stuck up royals.

Even in the short amount of time that I glanced around, I saw their judging looks.

They either thought I was a slut, or someone that needed their help, which were the two things I hated most.

Glancing around, I saw the tourney field over to my right, and pulled an apple out of my bag as I walked over to it.

No one was on the field, or in the bleachers, so I sat down, relaxing in the heat.

"Hey Nina," I heard, and turned to see Jay standing behind me, although he came and sat down next to me.

"Can't you leave me alone?" I asked, snapping again.

"Well, I didn't want you to be left alone, so no," he said, a smirk of his own on his face.

"Stubborn as ever I see," I replied dryly, throwing my apple core into a nearby wastebasket.

"Like you are one to talk," he quipped back, and I smirked.

"There's the guy I know," I replied, not mentioning that I actually had missed him.

"So, what happened after I left? Catch me up."

"On events that happened or general, or just me?" I asked with an eyebrow raised, and he smiled at me.

"I'm trying to get caught up in your life," Jay replied, grabbing an apple out of my bag.

"Well, after you guys left Uma tried extra hard to get me into her gang. She even sent Harry to try and get me to join. That backfired a bit," I said with a laugh, grabbing a pear to try.

"Please continue."

"I turned the charm on, and got him doing whatever I wanted. She stopped trying after that," I replied, thinking of how angry she was once she found out.

"You've been seeing Harry?" He asked with surprise, and I shook my head.

"Not really. An irritating guy I'll be honest. Pretty good kisser though." Taking a big bite of my pair, I was quite surprised on how sweet it was.

"Oh wow to much information," he said, and I laughed.

"Jealous are we?" I asked, my signature smirk playing on my lips.

"Now why would I be jealous?" He replied, a matching smirk on his.

I could hear the other VK's coming, and leaned away from him, leaning back against the bleachers.

"Hey Jay, Nina," said Evie with a friendly tone, but my eyes narrowed softly.

Noticing that Ben was also with the group, as well as a dark haired girl, I rolled my eyes.

They all sat around us, as if we were all friends.

"Jane, this is Nina. Nina, this is my girlfriend Jane," Carlos said with a kind smile, and she gave me a very shy, but nice wave.

Leaning forward, I put my elbows on my knees, giving her a smile.

"Hello Jane. Your hair looks very good," I said nicely, and she blushed, unconsciously playing with a strand of it.

"Thank you Nina," she replied, before turning away from the eye contact.

"So you can be nice," snipped Mal, and I rolled my eyes.

"Mal honey, does the jealously ever stop?" I asked, raising an eyebrow at her.

"What is she talking about?" Ben asked, and Mal stuttered a bit.

"Nina, we all have a past. Can't you understand that?" Asked Evie, and I laughed softly.

"So Evie, your mom has been doing pretty good. I don't think she'd mind having a different daughter," I replied, bating her.

She clenched her jaw, a brown haired guy coming and sitting with her.

"Hey Doug," said Jane nicely, and I smiled at him.

"Now, I really should be going. Toodles," I said, giving a little wave as I stalked down the steps.

"Mal what was she talking about?" I heard Ben say, which just made my smirk grow.

Maybe he would learn her little secret.

"Nina, what did they do? It would had to been big for you to taunt them like that," Jay asked, jogging up beside me.

"I'm not going to have a little pity party Jay. If you want to know, ask them yourself."

"But I want to know your side."

"And I just want a break. Can't you leave me alone," I snapped rather harshly, and he grabbed my hand, turning me around.

"No, I'm not going to leave you are alone. You have been alone for far too long," he said, and I could see the pity in his eyes.

Pulling my hand away, I narrowed my eyes at him.

"People just let me down. You wouldn't be any different." 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

45.1K 677 17
Hello! Yet another Disney Descendants story. This continues after the events of "I'm No Princess". After Bianca can't handle all the pressure of b...
34.7K 563 12
[Disney Descendants Jay x Female!Reader] 16 years ago my mother, the Queen of Hearts, gave birth to her one and only child. Now, being the person she...
74.9K 1.2K 14
"You can take the girl out of the isle but you can't take the isle out of the girl." Arabelle, the daughter of Anastasia. Lives on the Isle with her...
41.8K 1K 15
-Book 1 in Descendants Series- After the villains are banished to an island, known as The Isle Of The Lost, time has passed and the villains, along...