Pure Love (narcissa malfoy x...

By ransomhorse

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR 1K READS! You have been friends with Draco since you were 15 years old, the day he was... More

background (important)
chapter one
chapter three
chapter four
chapter five
please read

chapter two

1.8K 63 16
By ransomhorse

pissnick

You wake up, full of rest, and are at peace for a moment before you realize the time. You had forgotten to set an alarm.. You check the time and it is 11:46.. you usually got up at nine on the day of the picnic. You are very late..

Running to the bathroom, you brush your teeth quickly, hurting your gums a bit, splash some water on your face, and run a comb through your hair. You put on some deodorant and mascara and run back to the dresser in the bedroom to find an outfit. You find a sage dress with lace, perfect for a nice, relaxing picnic, and put it on with some matching green shoes.

You decide you should probably Apparate downstairs instead of walking, because you don't have much time, so you concentrate for a second and apparate to the kitchen. Draco is already there, and he seems to be a bit annoyed at you being so late.. Delaney is also there. You forgot about that, she was coming this year. "Hey, y/n," Draco says. "I hope it's alright if Delaney comes. We've got everything except maybe some bread."

You're starving but you know you have to help them since you are already running hours late, so you run to the new pantry, get a paper bag, and slip in it a few slices of bread. The decadent bread you enjoyed with Narcissa yesterday was completely gone. Whoops...

Suddenly, you remember everything that happened yesterday and catch yourself smiling. You know that you spending that whole day with her was a rare occurrence, and it made you quite happy to even think about. However, today was for Draco, your friend. I need to think about him, not Narcissa. I'm sure he doesn't want me with his mother.

Folding the bag closed and going back into the kitchen, you give a small smile to Draco and Delaney and put it in the picnic basket. Delaney is holding the basket, and Draco seems to remember that he had forgotten something, so he runs to the pantry and looks in the bread section. "Where's our bread?" he says under his breath. You can barely hear it. "What?" you respond. Draco sighs. "Nothing, I was just looking for our favorite bread. Delaney showed it to me on our first date and we always bring it to our picnic or lunch dates now.. I know it sounds stupid.. it's not really a big deal." "Oh," you respond. You are a bit dismayed because Narcissa probably knew that, since he loves to talk to her about Delaney, yet you still ate all of the bread together.

It didn't really seem like a big deal but you decided to put yourself in Draco's shoes. If I was dating someone.. Narcissa maybe.. just for the example, of course.. and Draco got rid of something that was like our tradition.. I suppose I'd be a bit annoyed.. but it does sound a little trivial and kind of unimportant..

Draco shrugs, you can tell that he's a bit upset, but he's gotten good at hiding his emotions over time. "Is there anything else you'd want?" you ask, hoping to make him feel better. "Oh, it's fine," he says, and with that the three of you, ready to go, walk out the front door.

The place you always went to for picnics was a large, flowery, grassy field next to an almost glass lake. You all knew you were capable of Apparating there, but the scenery and the peaceful walk there made it more than pleasant.

It did feel a bit different with Delaney there, she is super nice and you love her, but the picnic was kind of a tradition for you and Draco, not you and Draco and Draco's girlfriend.

"Where are we going?" Delaney asks, and Draco smiles, happy to finally be going back. "A place I've been going my whole life," he responds. You and Draco share a knowing glance.

It's about two-thirty p.m. You are finally there, the walk doesn't usually feel long but this time it did. You know exactly why, and you can't help but feel a little annoyed that Delaney is there, you can't shake that feeling no matter how much you absolutely love her. You have a feeling they know this, so you try to give a weak smile as you approach the stunning landscape that you were so used to.

The three of you find the lone tree that the two of you would always sit under. There were two roots that made perfect seats, for only two and you hadn't thought about the fact that she wouldn't fit.. You decide to sacrifice a seat for her and sit in the grass. Delaney is a bit distracted; she seems to be awestruck at the beauty of the place. "Thank you love," she says, and opens the basket.

It contains a seemingly endless amount of food; putting way too much food in the basket was another tradition that was a special part of the summer picnic. There were sandwiches, cheeses, fruits, cookies, cakes, waters, drinks, and of course breads, all for the three of you to enjoy. You take whatever you like and put it on one of the golden plates.

Delaney takes cheese, bread, and fruit, and Draco takes some fruit and bread. They give each other some sort of smile that you couldn't understand, and you start to eat. "This bread is great," says Delaney, and Draco agrees; they had seemed to have forgotten about the fact that it was the wrong bread.

You did feel left out in a way, but it was fine.. or so you thought..

Draco and Delaney talked for what seemed like hours as you slowly ate and watched the birds catch fish in the lake and the clouds move in the sky. You turn your head back towards them for a moment and make eye contact with Draco for a split second. He makes a face that indicates he was trying to make a decision, and chooses to do it.

"Laney, I'm gonna go walk with Y/n for a bit," he says quietly. She nods, obviously a bit confused at why, but acquires another piece of cheese and starts eating. Draco grabs your arm and two pieces of bread for each of you, and you walk towards the lake, then along the shore. Draco opens his mouth to speak, not before thinking for a few seconds, and then asks, "I shouldn't have brought Delaney here. I know that. I love her.. and I hope you do too.. but this picnic is supposed to be for us, not her. We're friends." You nod, quite surprised that he actually said pretty much exactly what you were thinking, and respond, "Then why did she come?"

Draco obviously did not expect this response, but he also did in a way. He shrugs and takes a small bite from the bread. "Today's our anniversary, Y/n. That's why." You are a bit shocked, because that meant that last year Draco had spent the whole summer dating Delaney and he didn't tell you a thing. I'll bring that up later, not on this day..

"I'm so sorry I didn't know, Draco.. I thought you didn't start dating until the school year started." He nods. "I understand, there was no way you could have known, but you could have asked, Y/n. It's not that hard. I mean if you hadn't asked already you probably wouldn't in the future. You need to think of us more, meaning me and Delaney, not me and you." You're absolutely shocked that he suddenly got so defensive. Never mind. I'm bringing it up now. "Well, maybe you shouldn't have kept such an important thing from me for three months.. you didn't tell me until September that you were dating. I mean, we're best friends and I didn't know you were literally in love with someone. That's just too much Draco. So don't act like I'm in the wrong. I'm not gonna fight with you anymore, not today, not on your anniversary, but just know that maybe you should rethink your actions, not me. You."

Draco is speechless and shakes his head. He seems disgusted with what you just said despite the fact that you think you were right. "Maybe I shouldn't have come on so strong. But you need to stop thinking about yourself sometimes," you say. Draco makes a face you don't understand the meaning of, and he shrugs, walking back to Delaney, not motioning or beckoning for you to come with him.

Draco just chose Delaney over me.. we just had a fight that lasted 30 seconds and he already chose her over me. Maybe it's because he had already chosen her before, I just didn't know it..

You sit on the shore, eating your bread, savoring the sweet, sweet flavor. How did this happen so fast?

You start to think of Narcissa, and about how you're excited to see her tomorrow, or maybe tonight, but this time you don't think "I can't do this to Draco!" or "This is wrong." This time, you know that you weren't Draco's priority, so you're not going to make him your priority either.

It felt weird, to get in a fight with Draco, especially on the very first day of your stay. It definitely wasn't normal, and you had never gotten into a fight with him over something this important.

What am I supposed to do when I get there? I can't just stay here, I have to go. Maybe I'll just have to figure it out when I get there.

You decide to walk back up there, and Draco comes back running. "Y/n, I'm sorry, okay? I'm just really nervous because I want today to go perfect.. I'm giving Delaney a promise ring, because I want to marry her one day.. and I just wanted it to be absolutely perfect. Please just forget what I said."

You smile, despite the fact that you know he wasn't being genuine.. he just wanted you to be happy so that today would go well. But you decide to ignore that and continue giving a weak smile as you say, "I understand, Draco. It's alright. I'm so glad you're doing that, I'll make sure it goes great. We'll have some cake, some sparkling cider, and some cookies at sunset and it'll be great." You only start to believe yourself before you hear him say, "I'm so sorry about making this day more about Delaney. I just wanted you to be there." You now completely believe yourself because he's making you a part of his pre-proposal, even though he.. Nevermind.

"Come on, Y/n." You follow Draco back to the tree and Delaney looks a bit confused, Draco obviously didn't tell her what happened between you two because he wanted today to go perfectly. It's about five p.m. now, and the sun is going to set in about an hour.

Delaney asks, "Sooo what were you guys talking about? Your mom?" she laughs while you are suddenly confused and almost panicking, wondering if they know anything. "Oh, nothing, love. Want some cake?" You smile and the panic goes away, knowing what he's going to do soon, and he takes out the beautiful sage cake, some sparkling cider, and a small platter of fancy cheese and bread that you didn't see before in the basket.

Delaney takes out her wand and cuts a slice with some sort of spell and puts it on the golden plate. You and Draco both follow her actions. The cake reminds you of the summers before, when you weren't worried about fights or girlfriends or having a crush on Draco's mom. It reminds you of simpler times. The sun is going to set soon, so you pour some sparkling cider for everyone and you do cheers. Draco pulls a box out of his pocket.

"Delaney," he says, "I love you so, so, much, and I want to marry you one day.." Delaney is in awe and is looking at him in the cutest way. "But we can't yet, and that's fine. I will wait forever to marry you if I have to. But i wanted to give you this ring." He opens the box and in it is a beautiful silver ring with a tiny dark green emerald in the middle. Delaney is speechless and Draco understands exactly what she is thinking. He puts it on her right ring finger. This was a lot of events for two days.. but it's been great so far.

"I love you," they both say, somehow exactly in unison, and the three of you walk towards the shore, Draco and Delaney holding hands, and all of you bringing your cider. You are happy for that moment in time, and you all sit on the shore as the sun sets, sipping your cider, Draco and Delaney thinking of each other, and you still thinking about.. a person.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

49K 954 28
"Draco Malfoy was ice. His skin was pale, his features were sharp, and his words were cold. He bit out insults and harsh truths like it was his role...
6.2K 213 20
𝐘/𝐧 𝐍𝐨𝐭𝐭 𝐢𝐬 𝐓𝐡𝐞𝐨 𝐍𝐨𝐭𝐭'𝐬 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐢𝐧 𝐬𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫, 𝐨𝐫 𝐬𝐨 𝐬𝐡𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐤𝐬. 𝐖𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐫𝐞𝐥𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬𝐡𝐢�...
5.1K 38 11
Y/n and Draco had been friends forever, their mothers were best friends (and still are). They grow up alongside each other, inseparable. When they...
41.7K 1.4K 38
Harry Potter had always been The Golden Boy. The-Boy-Who-Lived. He honestly doesn't want to go back for his eighth year, there are many memories that...