chapter two

pissnick

You wake up, full of rest, and are at peace for a moment before you realize the time. You had forgotten to set an alarm.. You check the time and it is 11:46.. you usually got up at nine on the day of the picnic. You are very late..

Running to the bathroom, you brush your teeth quickly, hurting your gums a bit, splash some water on your face, and run a comb through your hair. You put on some deodorant and mascara and run back to the dresser in the bedroom to find an outfit. You find a sage dress with lace, perfect for a nice, relaxing picnic, and put it on with some matching green shoes.

You decide you should probably Apparate downstairs instead of walking, because you don't have much time, so you concentrate for a second and apparate to the kitchen. Draco is already there, and he seems to be a bit annoyed at you being so late.. Delaney is also there. You forgot about that, she was coming this year. "Hey, y/n," Draco says. "I hope it's alright if Delaney comes. We've got everything except maybe some bread."

You're starving but you know you have to help them since you are already running hours late, so you run to the new pantry, get a paper bag, and slip in it a few slices of bread. The decadent bread you enjoyed with Narcissa yesterday was completely gone. Whoops...

Suddenly, you remember everything that happened yesterday and catch yourself smiling. You know that you spending that whole day with her was a rare occurrence, and it made you quite happy to even think about. However, today was for Draco, your friend. I need to think about him, not Narcissa. I'm sure he doesn't want me with his mother.

Folding the bag closed and going back into the kitchen, you give a small smile to Draco and Delaney and put it in the picnic basket. Delaney is holding the basket, and Draco seems to remember that he had forgotten something, so he runs to the pantry and looks in the bread section. "Where's our bread?" he says under his breath. You can barely hear it. "What?" you respond. Draco sighs. "Nothing, I was just looking for our favorite bread. Delaney showed it to me on our first date and we always bring it to our picnic or lunch dates now.. I know it sounds stupid.. it's not really a big deal." "Oh," you respond. You are a bit dismayed because Narcissa probably knew that, since he loves to talk to her about Delaney, yet you still ate all of the bread together.

It didn't really seem like a big deal but you decided to put yourself in Draco's shoes. If I was dating someone.. Narcissa maybe.. just for the example, of course.. and Draco got rid of something that was like our tradition.. I suppose I'd be a bit annoyed.. but it does sound a little trivial and kind of unimportant..

Draco shrugs, you can tell that he's a bit upset, but he's gotten good at hiding his emotions over time. "Is there anything else you'd want?" you ask, hoping to make him feel better. "Oh, it's fine," he says, and with that the three of you, ready to go, walk out the front door.

The place you always went to for picnics was a large, flowery, grassy field next to an almost glass lake. You all knew you were capable of Apparating there, but the scenery and the peaceful walk there made it more than pleasant.

It did feel a bit different with Delaney there, she is super nice and you love her, but the picnic was kind of a tradition for you and Draco, not you and Draco and Draco's girlfriend.

"Where are we going?" Delaney asks, and Draco smiles, happy to finally be going back. "A place I've been going my whole life," he responds. You and Draco share a knowing glance.

It's about two-thirty p.m. You are finally there, the walk doesn't usually feel long but this time it did. You know exactly why, and you can't help but feel a little annoyed that Delaney is there, you can't shake that feeling no matter how much you absolutely love her. You have a feeling they know this, so you try to give a weak smile as you approach the stunning landscape that you were so used to.