Forest Germ

By YuzuTree

A child born in the forest pushes forward into the city to play volleyball. A certain ace takes interest in t... More

0. Upbringing in the Forest
1. First Day of School
2. Tryouts Results
3. Seniors vs Juniors
3. Practice Match with the Boys
4. A New Good Luck Charm
5. Itachiyama vs Fukurodani (Boys' Volleyball)
6. Getting to Know Each Other
7. One Practice Day...
8. Golden Week: Day 1
10. Golden Week: Nohebi Girls' Scrimage

9. Golden Week: The Next Day

20 0 0
By YuzuTree

「Food image from Free! Dive to the Future! episode 9.」

『3rd POV』

It was the next morning, Sakusa had his phone set for his morning runs. He woke up to see [F/n]. They were in the same position as last night. He didn't hear his alarm continue to ring as he was mesmerized by her beauty. Komori woke up to find him staring at [F/n]. He gave a cheeky grin while Sakusa was unaware. Komori snuck a photo of the two while going unnoticed.

The continuous sound of the alarm caused [F/n] to wake up. She let go his hand and slid under her blanket. Only to quickly sit up, with the blanket being a hood over her head, rubbing her eyes and yawning. The boys thought she was adorable as she did that.

"Good morning, Sakusa-senpai, Komori-senpai."

"Good morning. I'm going to bath and go for a run. You want to go, too?" He turned off his alarm and Komori stood up stretching.

"Are you talking about the bath or the run?" [F/n] asked innocently still in sleep mode. Komori bursted in laughter with Sakusa turning red. Embarrassed, he replied, "I meant the run, idiot."

"I see. Sorry, but no thank you," she turned down the offer to do her own practice and left the room first. Komori was still laughing mess while Sakusa was flushed in embarrassment telling his cousin to shut up.

Sakusa had many thoughts in his mind. One of the main ones were about wanting to hold her hand again. They felt soft with tiny calluses from ball handling. He calmed down and went to bath with Komori following.

The three went to their respective practices. It was early in the morning so everyone was still asleep. They didn't have breakfast yet so they were going their practices lightly. By the time they were done, they went to kitchen to make breakfast.

"Let's make rice with tamagoyaki (Japanese omelette), mini salad and miso soup," Sakusa suggest.

[F/n] agreed but, "I don't know how to cook. How can I help?"

"You can chop up ingredients for the salad." She nodded okay and got to work. Sakusa began making miso with instant miso soup mix. Komori made the tamagoyaki.

~ ♪ ~

After cooking, with some struggles here and there (mostly [F/n] not knowing how to use a knife), they ate and head to the gym for day 2 of practice. Coach Orhime was there waiting and formulating practice drills.

"Good morning, you three. Where are the others?" Coach Orihime asked.

"Last time we checked, they were asleep. Last night, they were playing games," [F/n] replied.

"I see, I should scold them for this. The boys' volleyball coach isn't here today, so I'll be taking over both teams training today."

"Yes, Coach!"

"How 'bout you two do spike drills while we wait for the others. Mori, can you set?" Coach Orihime asked.

"I know the basics, but I never tossed for anyone before."

"That's fine. It's important to be well rounded even if it is not part of your position," They nodded got to practice.

Sakusa throws the ball to [F/n] and he runs to begin to spike. She tosses the ball up and Sakusa spikes the ball with Komori receiving it. She was a bit shaky as it was not her field of expertise.

Sakusa complimented her, "Nice toss."

"Thank you. Nice kill and nice receive." Sakusa nodded and asked her if she could toss it a half a ball higher than the last one. [F/n] agreed to his request and continued to set as consistently as possible.

Their drill ended, but no one has yet to come. It was already 9 o'clock in the morning. Coach Orhime was getting irritated. Even more thanks to the pregnancy hormones. Kujo-sensei and the boys' VBC assistant coach came in as the three were on break.

"It's only Mori, Sakusa and Komori?"

"Where are the others?"

The assistant coaches flinches at Coach Orihime's anger. Their questions were answered and Coach Orihime immediately ordering them to get the others now.

"Coach Orihime is scary. Remind me not get on her bad side," Sakusa and [F/n] nodded in agreement with the taller libero's statement.

"Sakusa, Komori, Mori. Come here."

The three went to the coach and awaited for her instructions.

"It seems today, I'm going to give a little something for latecomers. Instead, you three are going to go a college near here and join in their practice. I'll call them while you guys walk there. Here is the address, take your things and go."

They did as they are told and went to the dorms to get their belongings. As they start to leave, they start hearing screams and yelling. This scared Komori and worried [F/n] a little. Sakusa gave some hand sanitizer to the shortest one and pulled her forward with his cousin quickly following out toward the school gate.

"This is the first time I've seen Sakusa hold someone's hand. I wonder why?" Komori observed out loud in a teasing tone.

"Shut up, Komori."

"Okay, okay."

[F/n] stayed quiet trying understand the germaphobe as she walks between the two to the college. Komori slowed down behind them to sneak in more pictures along the way. It was a calming walk toward the college.

~ ♪ ~

The three made it to the college they were told to go. One of the coaches was waiting at the entrance to greet them.

"Sakusa Kiyoomi, Komori Montoya and Mori [F/n]?" The coach asked and they nodded in confirmation, "Nice to meet you. I heard from your coach. You'll be joining a our practice today. I'm excited to see you guys play. Come, let's have you meet the team."

They make their way to the gym and were told to warm up before being placed in the match. After that they were placed in a team. Both on opposing sides. Komori was on the other side with Sakusa and [F/n] on the other.

"Left, left!" Sakusa came up to two blockers and hits one of his nasty spin spikes. Earning a point for the their team.

"Nice serve!"

Sakusa's teammate serves the ball with a jump serve. This is received and is set to one of the players. The spike was blocked back and followed by Komori keeping the ball up. He quickly moved out of the way for the back row attack. That attack was received by [F/n] and later Sakusa spikes it down earning a point for their team.

"I never seen a libero move so quickly and efficiently on the court. He's aware of the back attack and moves out of the way ready to follow if there is a miss," one of the coaches complimented.

"That spiker is pretty good too. His control on the spikes is amazing. The spins adds a great leverage to be unable to receive it properly."

"The other libero is amazing. She popped out of no where receiving the attack very cleanly. I didn't even know she was even there. Itachiyama has pretty good players this year."

~ ♪ ~

Back at Itschiyama, the players were in literal hell. They were all woken up with water splashed on them and had toast for breakfast. Practice was 100 laps around the court of diving receives; 100 meters (.6 miles/109 yards) of running; pass drills where they had to get 100 successful passes, if they mess up they start over; 100 serves and a lot of jump drills. They were only half way through the day and there was still more.

"Ahh I'm done. I don't want to move anymore," Makino complained sprawled on the gym floor. The other members were slumping on the wall or lying on the floor in pure exhaustion.

"Miura-san, your lucky your a manager. You don't have to do this," The VBC members envied Miura. She only had to help give water and towel along with taking stats of the players. Her only punishment was she had to make food by herself till Golden Week is over. Miura gave a stifling giggle. She was also glad despite being part of the problem.

"By the way, I haven't seen Komori-kun, Sakusa-kun or [F/n]-chan all day. Where are they?" The manger said curiously. This made everyone notice this and thought it was unfair they were left out on the punishment.

"This is unfair! Why are they not participating?" Juumonji complained.

"It's because they were told to practice somewhere else," Kujo-sensei answered.

"Somewhere else?" They all asked.

Kujo-sensei explained, "Unlike all you, they were first to arrive for practice. They even waited for all of you to come and you guys didn't. Coach Orihime told them to go to a college she contacted and practice with them for the day."

"Really? They're so lucky!" Takamina enviously stated with others nodding in agreement.

"Well, you reap what you sow. It all you guys faults for playing games late at night and not setting any alarms for the next morning."

Practice continued as it did for the first half. Makino's mood and focus wasn't as on point as she thought about the three.

~ ♪ ~

It was lunch break for the trio. They were eating lunch in the campus cafeteria next or each other. [F/n] had the miso-braised mackerel set and Sakusa has a cold soba set. While Komori had a miso ramen set. One of the coaches called them, "You three did very well today. We will be counting on you after lunch."

The three thanked the coach and went back eating. They had casual chats of volleyball in between bites. [F/n] was the last to finish her meal; feeling a bit sick from overeating.

After they finished eating, they rested by walking around campus before going back to practice. Sakusa held her hand like before; sanitizing their hands before holding them. Komori was lagging behind again to sneak more pictures of the duo.

As they walk [F/n] had thoughts of why Sakusa was very touchy compared her peers. Especially with only a month of getting to know him. It was a definite wonder if he rarely does any sort of skin ship with Miura or Komori. She decided to mentally wipe the wondering away. Trying to convince herself it was a one time thing.

"Today is an interesting day. Don't you think, Sakusa-senpai?" Sakusa nodded in agreement.

"Do think the others are going to be okay?"

"They're probably dead by the time we get back," Sakusa's reply made her giggle. Sakusa smiled behind his mask. He loved hearing her giggle. Komori popped up next to them, "Well it was their fault for staying up late playing games."

"That's true." They walked in silence a little more before going back to practice.

~ ♪ ~

Dinner time came and the high schooler were dead with their souls floating away. Some were barely keeping themselves awake to finish eating. Dinner at Itachiyama was rice with tonkatsu (breaded, deep-fried pork cutlet) and miso soup. The trio haven't arrived back due to being invited out for dinner by some of the college students.

Night time falls and most of the girl's moved their stuff to the boys' room. They were too lazy to move the futons back to their rooms. One half of the room were the boys and the other half were the girls. This time they weren't plopped on each other like canned sardines. By that time, the three were finally back. They were picked up by Kujo-sensei after their dinner was done.

"Do you think everyone is asleep?" [F/n] asked as she walked hand in hand again with Sakusa. Komori was on the other side of her. [F/n] was a bit sluggish from the amount of food from today. It's the most she had in her lifetime.

"Most likely. From what Kujo-sensei said about their training today," Komori replied with Sakusa nodding.

As they make their way to the girls' floor, they see it was still empty with their belongings.

"Where is everyone?"

"They probably moved to the boys' room. Each room can hold at least two clubs. Looks like I have to get the rest of my stuff and move it here."

Komori volunteered to get the rest of their belongings as Sakusa and [F/n] went their respective baths before sleeping. Sakusa was back first and sterilized the room and futons. [F/n] and Komori followed after. They did the same routine as last night and slept in peace.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

325K 5.7K 29
You are Hinata's childhood bestfriend. You guys grow up together until you move to America in middle school. Now you are back to Japan, you will atte...
319K 10.9K 49
"All I wanted was to receive the same amount of love and affection I gave...but all I got was pain and betrayal." A new student in Itachiyama Institu...
15.5K 484 14
❝ I think I blew it. ❞ ❝ That's what she said. ❞ --- Exploring the evolving dynamic of a libero and an ace through their volleyball aspirations, as t...
9.7K 260 16
Sakusa, a Germephobe who loves volleyball goes to a training camp and sees Atsumu again. Sakusa says to komori that whenever he sees Atsumu he really...