Saviours [OUAT || Double Swan...

By bethanyjanebooks

We know the story of Emma Swan, mother of Henry, daughter of Snow White and Prince Charming. But what about t... More

Cast
1 - The Pilot
2 - The Pilot
3 - The Thing You Love Most
4 - The Thing You Love Most
5 - Snow Falls
6 - Snow Falls
8 - The Price of Gold
9 - That Still Small Voice
10 - That Still Small Voice
11 - The Shepherd
12 - The Shepherd
13 - The Heart is a Lonely Hunter
14 - The Heart is a Lonely Hunter
15 - Desperate Souls
16 - Desperate Souls
17 - True North
18 - True North
19 - 7:15 a.m.
20 - 7:15 a.m.
21 - Fruit of the Poisonous Tree
22 - Fruit of the Poisonous Tree
23 - Skin Deep
24 - Skin Deep
25 - What Happened to Frederick?
26 - What Happened to Frederick?
27 - Dreamy
28 - Dreamy
29 - Red Handed
30 - Red Handed
31 - Golden Eyes
32 - Heart of Darkness
33 - Heart of Darkness
34 - Hat Trick
35 - Hat Trick
36 - The Stable Boy
37 - The Stable Boy
38 - The Return
39 - The Return
40 - The Stranger
41 - The Stranger
42 - An Apple As Red As Blood
43 - An Apple As Red As Blood
44 - A Land Without Magic
45 - A Land Without Magic
Next Book

7 - The Price of Gold

1.7K 61 10
By bethanyjanebooks

Flashback

A group of well-dressed women walked to a carriage and got in. The carriage headed off, leaving behind a woman in rags. The woman looked at a castle in the background and saw fireworks being set off.

A fairy appeared and flew towards the woman, "Do not despair, my dear. You will attend that ball," The fairy said.

"Who are you?" The woman asked.

The fairy disappeared in a gold lightly and appeared larger, she shook off her wings.

"I'm your fairy godmother. And I'm here to change your life, Cinderella," The Fairy Godmother said.

"But, my stepmother told me that I couldn't go. She forbade me to leave," Cinderella said.

"Your stepmother doesn't have this," The Fairy Godmother held up a wand, "This wand has the power to take you to your ball, to your prince, and to-," The Fairy Godmother began to say when she suddenly she disintegrated, dropping her wand.

Rumpelstiltskin appeared and picked it up, "What... What did you do?" Cinderella asked worriedly.

"Noe, now. I got what I wanted. There's no need to be frightened," Rumplestiltskin said.

"No need? You just killed my fairy godmother. She was trying to help me," Cinderella said.

"Was she? Do you know what this is?" Rumpelstiltskin asked as he held up the fairy wand.

"Pure magic," Cinderella said.

"Pure evil. Trust me, I've done you a favour. All magic..." Rumpelstiltskin raised a finger, "Comes with a price," Rumpelstiltskin said as he raised the wand.

"Go on back to your life and thank your lucky stars you still got something to go back to," Rumpelstiltskin said.

"My life... It's wretched," Cinderella said.

"Then change it," Delphinia walked out of the shadows, "You're running late, father, you know I hate waiting," Delphinia said.

"Yes, yes, I'm coming, dear," Rumpelstiltskin glanced at Cinderella, "You can't handle this," Rumpelstiltskin said as he wiggled the wand and turned to walk to his daughter.

"Wait. Please, wait," Rumpelstiltskin turned to her and Delphinia walked towards them, "I can handle it. Please. I will do anything to get out of here. Anything," Cinderella said.

"Anything?" Rumpelstiltskin questioned.

"The magic words to my Papa's ears," Delphinia said as she rolled her eyes.

"Do you know how to use that wand, Mr...?" Cinderella said.

"Rumpelstiltskin," Rumpelstiltskin bowed dramatically then stood up, gesturing to Delphinia, "My lovely daughter, Delphinia," Delphinia wiggled her fingers as a wave, "And yes, of course, I do, we both do," Rumpelstiltskin said.

"Then help me," Cinderella said.

"Oh, dear sweet Cinderella, you're asking the wrong one," Delphinia said.

"Ignore her," Rumpelstiltskin glared at Delphinia who looked away and he turned back to Cinderella, "Well, if I do help you, and you can, indeed, shoulder the consequences, then you'll owe me a favour," Rumpelstiltskin said.

"Name it. What do you want?" Cinderella asked.

"Something... Precious," Rumpelstiltskin said.

"I have nothing," Cinderella said.

"Oh, but you will. With this wish, will come riches more than you know," Rumpelstiltskin said.

"I care nothing for riches. I'll give you anything you want. Just get me out of here," Cinderella said.

"Now we're talking," Rumpelstiltskin said with a smirk.

"Well, how does it work?" Cinderella asked.

"Fear not! My needs are small and all you have to do is sign on the dotted line," Rumpelstiltskin made a long contract appear, "Do we have a deal?" Rumpelstiltskin said.

"Yes. Yes, thank you," Cinderella said and she signed the contract.

"I hope you're a lot stronger than you look dear," Delphinia said.

Rumpelstiltskin waved the wand, Cinderella was engulfed in purple smoke, her rags were transformed into a beautiful blue ball gown, her hair pinned up and it was completed with glass slippers at the side.

"Ta-dah!" Rumpelstiltskin said.

Cinderella noticed the glass slippers beside her, "Glass?" She questioned looking at them.

"Every story needs a memorable detail. Let's see how they fit, shall we?" Cinderella put the glass slippers on and they fitted her perfectly, "Now, you have a good time. But be sure to watch the clock," Rumpelstiltskin said.

End of Flashback

Alana and Henry were walking down Main Street, Alana sipped her cocoa from her takeaway cup.

"You sure we can be out in the open?" Henry asked.

"Enough sneaking around. If your mom has a problem with me walking you to a school bus, I am more than happy to have that chat... You don't mind that Emma isn't with us? She was running late," Alana said.

"No, it's okay. I like spending time with you," Henry smiled, "You're brave, both of you. We'll need that for Operation Cobra. Speaking of, do you think we need code names?" Henry asked.

"Isn't Cobra our code name?" Alana asked.

"That's the mission. I mean us. I need something to call you two," Henry said.

"Oh. Um, well, why don't you just call me Alana... Or Ana, for now... Em does," Alana said.

"Okay. Well then, I'll see you later, Alana," Henry said as he got on the bus.

When the bus left, Alana carried on walking and Graham's cop car pulled up in front of her, and the siren went off. 

Alana watched as he got out of the car, "What's with the siren? Here to arrest me again, bear in mind arresting someone three times for nothing, it gives off a bad message to the town, like... Can they really trust their Sheriff, or is he just another lapdog?" Alana said.

"Okay, I deserved that," Graham said.

"Nah, not really your fault... So again, what's with the siren?" Alana asked.

"It's so hard to get your attention," Graham said.

"Well, you got it. So, if you're not here to arrest me, what are you here for?" Alana asked.

"I'm thanking you. For your help finding that coma patient. We all owe you a depth of gratitude," Graham said.

"Well it wasn't just me," Alana said.

"Yes, but when I try to track down your sister, she's always hidden," Graham said.

"Ah, that, well, when you're used to finding people, you learn their hiding tricks. So, what do we get? Accommodation? Key to the city?" Alana asked.

"How about a job? I could use a deputy," Graham said.

"Thanks, but we both already have jobs," Alana said.

"As a bail bondsperson? There's not much if that going on here," Graham said.

"I don't see a lot of true sheriffing going on around here, either," Alana said.

"Well, both you and your sister... I'd be happy to let either on you on the team," Graham said.

"Team? What is the department a football team? What are you getting at Graham? Come on, it's me, the girl you've arrested twice, you probably know my fingerprints off by heart, by now," Alana said.

"Well, here's your chance for both you and your sister to see it up close," Alana rolled her eyes, "Why don't you talk to your sister about it, think it over and stay awhile," Graham said as he handed her his card.

Alana took it and pocketed it, instantly without even glancing at it as she looked at him, "Stay awhile? Which one of us do you want to stay awhile? Emma or me?" Graham stayed silent, "Because if it's me, you may be attractive, sheriff, but you haven't got the features that make me weak," Alana said and walked on.

Alana was sat with Emma, telling her about what Graham said, "You seriously said that he doesn't make you weak?" Emma asked quietly with a chuckle.

"Well, not exactly that but yeah... He said stay a while and whenever we're with him, his eyes are on you, he wants you to stay awhile... Emma, maybe some..." Amy served them both cocoa's, "Thank you," Alana turned back to Emma, "Routes would be okay... If we're staying longer," Alana said.

"I'll think about it, but can we live and work together?" Emma asked quietly.

"I don't know, but... If we want to Mary Margaret more, we both need money," Alana whispered.

"Okay, I'll think about it," Emma said.

Regina walked into the diner and looked at Alana, "How was your walk with Henry?" Regina asked as she walked over to the table and sat down.

Alana and Emma glanced at each other before looking at Regina, "That's right, I know everything. But relax. I don't mind," Regina said.

"You don't?" Alana asked.

"No. Because neither of you worries me anymore, Miss Swan. You see, I did a little digging into who you both are. And what I found out was quite soothing. It all comes down to the number seven," Regina said.

"Seven?" Emma asked.

"It's the number of addresses you two have had in the last decade. Your longest in anywhere was two years. Really, what did you both enjoy so much about Tallahassee?" Regina asked.

Alana's gaze hardened, "If you were wondering, we did find a place here in town," Emma said.

"I know. With Miss Blanchard. How long is your lease? Oh, wait. You both don't have one. You see my point? In order for something to grow, Miss Swan's, it needs roots. And you two? Don't have any. People don't change. They only fool themselves into believing they can," Regina said.

"You don't know us," Alana said.

"No, I think I do. All I ask is as you both carry on your transient life, you think of Henry and what's best for him. Perhaps consider a clean break. It's going to happen anyway. Enjoy your cocoas," Regina said, she got up and left the diner.

Alana goes to stand up but spit her cocoa over her shirt, "Seriously?" Alana said and sighed.

Ruby rushed over and handed her a cloth, "Eesh," Ruby said.

Alana took the cloth and wiped the stain then sighed and looked at Ruby, "Do you have a laundry room I can use?" Alana asked.

"Mmhmm!" Ruby nodded.

Alana and Emma entered the laundry room, Alana removed her shirt and threw it into a washer and she put in powder before shutting the door and turning it on. Emma grabbed a blue blouse and handed it to his sister, who took it and put it on.

"Oh, no, no, no, no!" A young girl, Ashley, said and the twins looked over to see her holding a pink sheet.

"You okay?" Alana asked as she buttoned up the blouse.

"The sheets. They're uh... They're pink," Ashley said.

"You try bleach?" Alana asked. 

Ashley lowered her the sheets and she was very pregnant, "Oh," The twins said.

Ashley rubbed her bump, "Last night, I felt contractions and the doctor said that the baby could come any day now," Ashley said as her voice broke a little.

"Well, that's great," Emma said and Alana nodded.

"It's just that, um, when the... When the baby comes, no one thinks that I can do this," Alana looked down, biting the inside of her cheek, "No one thinks I can do anything. Maybe they're right," Ashley said.

Alana turned around to face Ashley, "Screw 'em," Alana said as she folded her arms.

"What?" Ashley questioned.

"Screw them. How old are you?" Alana asked as her brows narrowed.

"Nineteen," Ashley said.

"I was eighteen," Alana said.

"When... When you had a kid?" Ashley asked.

"Yeah. I know what it's like. Everyone loves to tell you what you can and can't do, especially with a kid," Emma looked at Alana, "But ultimately, whatever you're considering doing or giving up, the choice is yours," Alana said.

"It's not exactly what you might think it is," Ashley said.

"It never is. People are going to tell you who you are your whole life. You just got to punch back and say, 'no, this is who I am.' You want people to look at you differently? Make them. If you want to change things, you're going to have to go out there and change them yourself, because there are no fairy godmothers in this world," Alana said, frustratedly.

Later at night, Alana was sat on the sofa looking at a swan charm that hangs around her neck as Emma and Mary Margaret watched her.

"Should we talk to her?" Mary Margaret whispered.

"Nothing I say will work... Something happened today... When something bad happens, she looks at the necklace ans thinks of him," Emma whispered.

"Him? Henry?" Mary Margaret whispered.

"No, Henry's father," Emma whispered.

"Oh... What happened?" Mary Margaret asked.

"It... It's not my place to say," Emma walked over to Alana, "Ana?" Alana looked at her, "Whatever it is, you can talk to us," Emma said and Mary Margaret walked up.

"You know what's bothering me, Em, you always have," Alana put the necklace on, "If we weren't at that place, I wonder... Would I have kept him?" Alana asked as she looked at them sadly.

Emma sat on her knees and hugged her, "I know..." Emma said.

Meanwhile, Mr Gold was closing up his pawnshop for the night and he walked away from the shop. Ashley was watching by the side of the building, once he was gone, she broke the window on the door with a brick, unlocked the door from the inside and entered the shop. She headed to the back of the pawnshop and found a hidden safe.

Mr Gold walked up behind her, "Ashley," She turned around, "What are you doing?" Mr Gold asked her.

"Changing my life," Ashley said, she took out a can of pepper spray and sprayed it in his face. Mr Gold yelled and backed up, he tripped up, falling down, he hit his head on a drawer and was knocked unconscious. Ashley took the keys from him and unlocked the safe.

The next day at the Mayor's house, Regina was putting on lipstick, looking at herself in the mirror as Henry was sitting at the dining table reading a comic book.

"I know you think otherwise, but I don't enjoy these Saturday city council meetings. Sometimes, they're just unavoidable. Now, you know the rules," Regina said as she turned to him.

Henry looked at her, "Yes on homework, no on TV, and stay inside," Henry said.

"Good boy. Under no circumstances do you leave this house," Regina said.

"You mean, don't see my mom and aunt," Henry said.

"They're not your mother or your aunt. They're just women passing through. Now, do as I say, or there will be consequences. I'll be back at five sharp," Regina said and left.

As soon as Henry heard her pulling out of the driveway, Henry grabbed his backpack and left the house.

Meanwhile, at the loft, Mary Margaret was making food as Alana and Emma unpacked their things as Mary Margaret walked up with the food.

"I'm so glad our stuff is here," Alana saw Mary Margaret, "Oh, thanks," She said and took a plate.

"So, that's all your stuff?" Mary Margaret asked.

"What do you mean?" Alana asked and took a bit out of her toast.

"Is the rest in storage?" Mary Margaret asked.

"No, this is all of it. We're not sentimental," Emma said.

"Well, it must make things easier when you have to move," Mary Margaret said.

There was a knock at the door and Mary Margaret answered it to see Mr Gold stood there, "Miss Blanchard. Are either of the Miss Swan's here?" Mr Gold said.

Alana and Emma got up and they walked over to the door, "Hi, my name's Mr Gold," Mr Gold shook their hands, "We met briefly on your arrival," Mr Gold said.

"We remember," Emma said and Alana nodded.

"Good. I have a proposition for you two. I, uh... I need your help. I'm looking for someone," Mr Gold said.

"Really? Um..." Alana said and they all glanced at Mary Margaret.

"You know what? I'm going to go jump in the bath," Mary Margaret said and walked into the bathroom.

Alana and Emma walked away from the door and Mr Gold walked in, shutting the door after the, "I have a photo," He handed them a photo, Emma took it and they looked at it, "Her name is Ashley Boyd. And she's taken something quite valuable of mine," Mr Gold said.

"So, why don't you just go to the police?" Emma said.

"Because, uh... She's a confused young woman. She's pregnant. Alone and scared. I don't want to ruin this young girl's life. But I just want my property returned," Mr Gold said.

"What is it?" Alana asked.

"Well, one of the advantages of you two not being the police is discretion. Let's just say it's a precious object and leave it at that," Mr Gold said.

"When did you see her last?" Alana asked.

"Last night. That's how I got this," Mr Gold showed her the cut on the side of his head, "This is so unlike her. She was quite wound up. Rambling on and on about changing her life," Emma and Alana looked at each other, "I have no idea what got into her. Miss Swan's, please help me find her. My only other choice is the police, and I don't think anyone wants to see that baby born in jail now, do they?" Mr Gold said.

"No, of course not," Alana said.

"So, you'll both help me, then?" He asked them.

"We will help her," Alana said.

"Grand," Mr Gold said

Henry walked in, "Hey, Alana, Emma. I was thinking we-," Henry began to say but stopped as he saw Mr Gold.

"Hey, Henry. How are you?" Mr Gold asked.

Henry looked between Mr Gold and the wall a few times, gulped a little, "...Okay," Henry said and smiled.

"Good. Give my regards to your mother. And, um," Mr Gold looked at the twins, "Good luck, Miss Swan's," Mr Gold said and walked out.

Alana and Emma walked to their boxes to clean up before they began looking for Ashley and Henry walked to them, "Do you both know who that is?" He asked them.

"Yeah, course we do," Alana said.

"Who? Cause I'm still trying to figure it out," Henry said as he tilted his head in confusion.

"Oh, I meant in reality," Alana said.

Henry noticed the small number of boxes between them, "Is that all you both brought?" Henry asked.

Alana looked at him, "Henry, what are you doing here?" Alana asked.

"My mom's gone till five. I thought we could hang out, the three of us," Henry said.

Emma and Alana looked at each other before Alana looked at Henry, "Oh, kid. We wish we could, but there's something we got to go," Alana said.

Alana and Emma left the loft and headed down the street as Henry followed them towards the yellow bug.

"Please let me help," Henry said.

"No! No, it could be dangerous," Alana said.

"The pregnant maid is dangerous?" Henry questioned.

"She assaulted Mr Gold," Emma said and threw Alana the car keys.

"Cool!" Henry said as Alana caught them.

"This isn't a game. She's desperate," Alana said.

"How do you know?" Henry asked.

"Because I know," Alana said.

"Well, then let's find her," Henry said.

"Oh, no, no, no, no. There is no let's. You cannot come with us," Alana said as they reached the yellow car.

"Then I'll look for her myself," Henry said.

"Then we'll find you and we'll bring you back," Alana said.

"Then neither of you would be helping the maid," Henry said as Emma watched them.

"I'm just trying to be responsible here!" Alana said.

"And I'm just trying to spend time with you two!" Henry said and get into the back of the car.

"Oh, that is really not fair," Alana said as she got into the drivers' side and Emma got into the passenger side.

"So, the maid. What's her story?" Henry asked.

Flashback

Cinderella was watching the fireworks on the balcony of the castle when Prince Thomas approached her.

"What's wrong?" Prince Thomas asked.

"Nothing. Every year when I was growing up, I used to watch these fireworks from afar. And I knew what they meant, something special was happening at the palace. Now, they're for me," Cinderella looked at him, "For our wedding," Cinderella said and they kissed.

Cinderella and Prince Thomas walked down the stairs to the ball for their wedding, where they met up with Snow White, Prince Charming and Prince Thomas's father. Cinderella and Snow White hugged.

"I'm so happy you could come," Cinderella said.

"You're beautiful," Snow White said.

Everyone paired off and began dancing, they switched partners with the music.

Cinderella danced with Prince Thomas's father, "My dear Ella. We're thrilled to have you join our family. And I hope our family will soon be growing," Prince Thomas said and they switched partners again.

Cinderella danced with Prince Charming, "Congratulations, Ella. You two are going to be very happy," Prince Charming said.

"Why, thank you, James," Cinderella said with a smile.

They swapped partners again and Snow White saw her, "Ella, dear!" Snow White grabbed Cinderella's hand, "Sorry!" She addressed Cinderella's new dance partner then danced with Cinderella, "This is truly a night for celebration. Do you realise what inspiration you are to everyone?" Snow White said.

"All I did was get married," Cinderella said.

"All you did, was show that anyone can change her life. I'm proud of you," Snow White said and they broke apart.

Cinderella turned around and saw Rumpelstiltskin, "I'm proud of you, too," Rumpelstiltskin said.

"You. What are you doing here?" Cinderella asked.

"I just wanted to make sure you were happy with your end of the bargain," Rumpelstiltskin and Cinderella danced together, so they didn't raise suspicion, "You know, true love, riches, happy endings. Did you get everything you desired?" Rumpelstiltskin asked.

"Yes, yes I did. Now, what do you want? What's your price? My jewels? My ring?" Cinderella asked quietly.

"No, no dear. Keep your bauble. What I want is something you don't yet possess, but something I know is coming. Your firstborn," Rumpelstiltskin said and walked off as Cinderella stood in shock.

Cinderella was packing and Prince Thomas walked in, "What are you doing?" Prince Thomas asked.

"I thought you were hunting?" Cinderella said.

"I was, but the weather wasn't agreeing, so we came back early. Are we going somewhere?" Cinderella looked away, "You're going somewhere," Prince Thomas said.

"Something's happened," Cinderella said.

"What?" He asked.

"I'm pregnant," Cinderella said.

Prince Thomas smiled happily, "Ella, that's wonderful!" He noticed his happiness was not shared, "Why are you upset? This is what we wanted," Prince Thomas said.

"There's something else. When we met that night at the ball, it wasn't my Fairy Godmother who sent me. It was Rumpelstiltskin. I made a deal with him for this life. I was stupid. I didn't understand the price of magic. So, I promised him something," Cinderella said.

"What did you promise him?" Prince Thomas asked.

"He tricked me. I thought that he would want our gold or jewels," Cinderella said.

"What was it?" Cinderella rubbed her stomach, "Our baby?" Prince Thomas questioned.

"I'm so sorry. And now, I'm going to lose it all. My... My life, you..." Cinderella said.

"No. I don't care what that imp said. Magic may have brought us together, but it didn't create this love," Prince Thomas said.

"But I made a deal. I can't break that, he's too powerful and so is his daughter," Cinderella said.

"His daughter is on our side," Cinderella looked confused, "I know, it's confusing, but she is... And she needs help, Snow and James are helping, and I can help her too, in order for her help," Prince Thomas said.

"What will we do?" Cinderella asked.

"We made another deal," Prince Thomas said and walked to the door, talking to the knight.

Prince Thomas, Prince Charming, Snow White and Cinderella were in the drawing-room together.

"Where is she?" Cinderella asked.

"Getting away from her father lately has been more difficult than usual," Snow White said.

"Your friends with her?" Cinderella asked.

"Yes, we are very good friends," Snow White said.

Delphinia appeared and looked at them, "I need a drink before anything happens," Delphinia said.

Prince Thomas got her a drink, Snow White looked at her, "Delphinia? What is it? Your father?" Snow White said.

"Your stepmother, let's just say... What I saw, I will never unsee," Delphinia took the drink and sipped, "You said you needed help with my father? Has he cashed in his price?" Delphinia asked.

"Our unborn baby," Prince Thomas said.

"I would say congratulations... But... So, what do you want from me?" Delphinia asked.

"Help us keep our baby and I'll join Snow and James in getting you back your huntsman," Prince Thomas said.

Delphinia downed the drink instantly, "It's not simple, I'm afraid," Delphinia sighed, "No one goes back on a deal with dear old dad," Delphinia put the glass down, "Unless you're ready to pay the price," Delphinia said.

"What's the price?" Cinderella asked.

"I don't know, no one's dumb enough to go against him," Delphinia said.

"It's for our baby, Delphinia... Please," Prince Thomas said.

"I can't help you, it's a suicide trip I'm afraid," Delphinia said.

"This is why you said I asked the wrong one... I should've asked you... What would've been your price?" Cinderella said.

"Help to get my huntsman back," Delphinia said as she looked at her.

"Phinia, are you sure there's nothing?" Snow White asked.

Delphinia sighed, "There is magic that can immobiliser my father and you get locked him up, but... Again, if you do that, you're gonna have to pay the price of breaking the deal," Delphinia said.

"We'll pay anything, what is it?" Prince Thomas said.

"I've already said, I don't know... I'm sorry, Thomas, this is all I can do... Find me when it's done, I can try and help with the aftermath when I know what price has been paid, but that's all I can do, I'm afraid," Delphinia said.

End of Flashback

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

106K 5K 43
Set after 3x11 Going Home, after Pan's curse hits. This fic ignores ANYTHING that comes after this episode. What if everyone hadn't met Zelena in th...
63 3 1
Lilith swan a young independent sassy woman come across with her older sister Emma swan and Henry appeared and brought them to storybrooke where fair...
28.8K 680 46
Just when life in Storybrooke seems like it could finally be peaceful, once again the peaceful lives are threatened by a new villain. Mr Hyde, who is...
35.7K 1.4K 46
Emma and Elaine Swan grew up together in the foster system with their 'adopted' sister Katy Swan, they have always been together, they are each other...