rooftops

By maywashere_

༄ Dream is the lead guitarist in a band, George is just a boy who happens to be the one Dream falls for. Litt... More

chapter 1 ~ him
chapter 2 ~ music
chapter 3 ~ sweater weather
chapter 5 ~ plans
chapter 6 ~ 505
chapter 7 ~ wild ones
chapter 8 ~ know
chapter 9 ~ my blood
chapter 10 ~ realizing
chapter 11 ~ reality
chapter 12 ~ clouds
chapter 13 ~ mountains
chapter 14 ~ sleeping
chapter 15 ~ lipstick
chapter 16 ~ the hill
chapter 17 ~ home
chapter 18 ~ help
chapter 19 ~ flying
chapter 20 ~ jane
chapter 21 ~ snow
chapter 22 ~ warmth
chapter 23 ~ lying
chapter 24 ~ calm
chapter 25 ~ creak
chapter 26 ~ droplets
chapter 27 ~ elevator
chapter 28 ~ the truth
chapter 29 ~ hallway
chapter 30 ~ shoved
chapter 31 ~ jumper
chapter 32 ~ spiraling
chapter 33 ~ sand
chapter 34 ~ worsening
chapter 35 ~ driveway
chapter 36 ~ caving
chapter 37 ~ moon
chapter 38 ~ stars
chapter 39 ~ dreams
chapter 40 ~ deeds
chapter 41 ~ nerves
chapter 42 ~ breeze
chapter 43 ~ suitcase
chapter 44 ~ pen
chapter 45 ~ arguing
chapter 46 ~ calls
chapter 47 ~ song
chapter 48 ~ packet
chapter 49 ~ rooftops
chapter 50 ~ touch
chapter 51 ~ him
epilogue 1/2
epilogue 2/2
notes !!
life after

chapter 4 ~ knocking

166K 4.3K 24.9K
By maywashere_

//Dreams pov

I couldnt sleep for more than a half an hour last night, I just end up waking up and wondering about what all of this meant.

God, hes so pretty, and I cant stop myself from staring at him.

Sometimes he caught me staring, but id just laugh it off, so he would too.

I dont want to start falling again, because I already know how this ends.

Itll all end in tears, and I know it.

Last night we finished eating pretty late, so we all headed back to Wilburs car to get our stuff and head home.

I remember the way he smiled at me before we all left, it looked genuine, and meaningful.

I smile to myself, and pick up my phone to 3 messages from Sapnap, and one from Ranboo.

I flicked into mine and Ranboos chat and read 'Hey, im coming over tonight, is that cool?'.

"Of course its cool, you kinda live here too' I text back.

I tap out and click into mine and Sapnaps messages and read out

'Hey, hows it going? did he recognize you?' , and then,

'Its pretty late there, are you guys still out?' and then,

'Dream, how did it go? I honestly dont know why you have a phone if your never going to reply'

I smile at the messages, and then dial his number to facetime him. He picks up on the second ring.

"You are so useless at replying to your messages" he says

Hes obviously just woken up, I can hear the drowsiness in his voice.

I laugh before saying "Yeah sorry, we had a great night, after the club we went to get food, it was alright"

"Yeah, thats nice and all, but what about George?" he asked me.

"Well, what do you want to know?" I say, smiling at just the thought of him.

"Whats he like? Is he still an idiot?" Sapnap asks me.

"Well, hes definetley something" I respond.

"What do you mean?" he asks me slowly.

I couldnt take it anymore, I needed to tell someone what I was actually feeling before I literally exploded, and I could feel my heart start to pound faster.

"God sapnap, I cant even look at him without feeling stunned, hes so beautiful, and his eyes, and his hair, and just everything about him, the way he talks, and the way he blushes if you stare at him for too long" I ramble out, running a hand through my hair. But im not even finished.

"And whenever he speaks to me, I get this feeling in the pit of my stomach, like im gonna explode" I rant, "its not a bad feeling, its an amazing feeling, and I dont want it to go away"

The call goes silent for about a minute, and then i hear Sapnap sigh.

"Honestly, you seem him for one night and youve already came out with all of this, what am I gonna do with you?" he says, and I can picture him smiling whilst he does.

I let out a small laugh.

"Is he even-" Sapnap starts out, "yknow?"

"I have no idea, maybe, maybe not" I answer.

That had never even crossed my mind until now. George might be straight and look at us as just friends.

Can I even call us friends? We've talked to eachother for all of one night. Well, that wasnt entirely true, we had been friends for years, but George doesnt know that.

"I dont think ill make any moves or say anything for a little while, I want to actually try to be friends with him" I mumble.

"Yeah, I think thats a good idea" Sapnap agrees, "Has he changed alot?" he asks me.

"Barely, he still looks about 16, and he sounds the exact same" I reply. He really hadnt changed all that much, maybe he'd gotten a little bit taller, but that was mostly it.

"Do you think youll ever tell him who you are" he asks me, dropping his voice lower.

I stay quiet for a minute, thinking about the question carefully.

"Maybe one day, and by then itll be something we can just look back and laugh about" I say to him, and I really hope those words are true.

"Yeah, me too, I really wanna talk to him again" Sapnap adds on. "Anyways, enough about that, what are you up to today?" he asks me.

"Probably not alot, im pretty tired, I didnt sleep much last night so I might just have a chill day in" I answer, and that was the truth, I planned on just sitting around all day watching Netflix, maybe I could squeeze in a nap too. "What about you?" I ask him.

"I promised my sister id drive her up to some friends house like, an hour away for a sleepover, so thats gonna be fun" he says sarcastically.

"You're like her personally uber driver or something, you're always driving her places" I say, laughing with him.

I glance up at the wall to check the time, it was nearly 2pm. I got up and wandered to my couch, chatting casually with Sapnap whilst I made food.

"I might ask Ranboo and the others if they want to do something tommorow" I tell him, I couldnt sit around for two days in a row, id get bored quickly.

"Yeah, that seems like a-" Sapnap was cut off by the sound of knocking on our front door.

"Oh, id bet thats Ranboo, he texted me earlier saying hes coming over for the night" I tell him, now feeling happier that I wasnt by myself for the night.

"Oh alright, cool, I like Ranboo, hes a nice guy" Sapnap says.

I get up and walk over to the door, and put my phone down on the table we had beside our door, which just had things like key holders and plant pots on it, stuff we never really used or acknowledged.

"Mute yourself" I say to Sapnap, and I watch as the little microphone with the x over it pops up on the screen.

I walk over and swing open the door, only it wasnt Ranboo.

Its George.

And he starts going red the second I open the door.

I look him up and down, and my attention flies to the black sweater hes holding, my sweater. I begin to laugh at just the sight of him.

"My god, you really are something else" I say to him, still laughing.

Hes smiling at me now, when he smiles you can notice the dimples he has in his cheeks. He looks nice when he smiles.

"Yeah, I realized id forgotten to give it back to you last night" he said, handing the sweater out to me.

"You can keep it if you like" I say, scratching the back of my neck.

"No, id feel bad if I kept it, and if Tommy finds out ill never hear the end of it" he says, shaking the hand he held the sweater in, signifying he wanted me to take it.

"You're sure you wont get cold again?" I say, teasing him, and taking the sweater back.

"Well, I cant be too sure about that" he laughs, a wide smile stuck on his face.

I smile back, "Do you want to come in?" I ask him.

"I would, but Tommy and Wilbur are waiting for me downstairs, we're going out for the afternoon" he explains.

"Oh, alright then" I reply, and I cant help feeling a little disappointed.

"Yeah, but im pretty sure Wilburs planning on setting up plans for the weekend, so I should see you then" he says. My disappointment mustve shown on my face, because it was obvious he was trying to cheer me up.

"Yeah, id definitely be up for that" I reply, sounding alot happier.

"Good" he responds, flashing me a grin. "Alright well, I better get going, before Wilbur sends Tommy up for me" he says, with a small grin. "Ill hopefully see you this weekend?"

"Yeah, ill see you then" I say, smiling back at him.

He starts walking down the hallway, and I shut the door, slamming my back to it. I peer down at whatever im wearing.

Ive got my oldest pair of grey sweats on, with some black t-shirt that could definitely do with being run over by an iron.

"Oh god" I whisper to myself, I couldnt of looked worse.

A voice comes from our table beside the door, and it scares the literal shit out of me.

"You gave him your sweater?" Sapnap says, erupting with laughter. "You big simp! You're alot worse than I thought you were" he says, still laughing.

I walk over and pick my phone up off the table, grinning at the camera.

"Well what was I supposed to do? Let the poor boy freeze?" I reply.

"You shouldve heard yourself" Sapnap says, starting to laugh again. "Id give it a week before you're both making out backstage at one of your concerts" he says, laughing even harder.

"Sapnap!" I respond, but I cant help myself from smiling at the thought. "He doesnt really give me off gay vibes" I add to the end.

"Then you obviously dont have ears" he says, finally starting to stop laughing.

I was about to respond, but I was cut off by the sound of a knock at my door. I froze in my steps.

"Do you think your loverboys back?" Sapnap asked me, starting to laugh like a three year old girl.

"Oh shut up" I say turning around and walk to hallway, I set my phone down and swing open the door.

It was Ranboo, I let out a sigh of relief.

"Hey, i wasnt expecting you this early" I say, walking back into our apartment as he follows behind me.

"Yeah, I decided id come keep you company, didnt want you feeling all lonely" he says, letting out a small laugh.

"Oh dont worry, hes not lonely at all" Sapnap shouts from the phone. Ranboo starts to look around, confused.

I roll my eyes and pick up the phone to show it to Ranboo.

"Oh, hey Sapnap" he says grinning.

"Hey" he says, still laughing at his joke.

"Whys he not lonely?" Ranboo asks Sapnap, taking off his coat.

Sapnap glances at me through the screen, and I shake my head subtly.

"Because he has me of course" Sapnap says, adding another laugh to the end.

I walk back to the sitting room and let myself fall onto the couch. "Smooth, Sapnap" I say, smiling and rolling my eyes.

"I know im so amazing" he says, flashing me a smirk. Suddenly I hear a girl screaming Sapnaps name from another room. "Shoot, I have to go, duty calls" he says.

"You mean your 13 year old sister scared you into driving her places again" I reply, laughing at him.

"Shut up, Ill text you later" he says, smiling at me before hanging up.

I switch on the tv, and jump up to grab myself a drink, Ranboo emerges from his room, changed from his jeans into black sweats and a hoodie.

"Whats that?" he asks, pointing to the sweater that George had given me back. I hadnt realized I was still holding it.

"Just one of my old sweaters" I mumble, standing up to throw it in my room.

-

-

-

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

27.5K 907 21
READ TWS!! It started off with a simple crush and a simple party. He didn't think anything would come out of- especially not a relationship with his...
1.2K 101 14
Dream is a hopeless romantic... well hopelessly in love with his best friend that is. George however... hates valentines day due to history involvin...
405 2 13
when wilburs indie band does a collaborated tour around all of the usa states with the newest pop band trending, dreams, brings a wave of excitement...
544 38 28
George is in love...or is it all in his head?