Snow Angles - Bernard The Hea...

Od blxe_butterxfly

You (Y/n Calvin) has always been different your whole life, but you never knew why. Everything changes when y... Viac

CHAPTER - 1
CHAPTER - 2
A/N
CHAPTER - 3
CHAPTER - 4
CHAPTER - 5
New Cover!
CHAPTER - 7
CHAPTER - 8

CHAPTER - 6

2K 44 4
Od blxe_butterxfly

Me, dad, and Charlie all stood looking at the Polar Bear exhibit at the Zoo. Dad had promised that he would take us for a Father-Children-day. I know, it made no sense to me either.

"They're like the bears at the North Pole, Dad." Charlie said.

"Yeah, your right, Charlie." I agreed as I watched as one swam by the glass. 

"Kids, I already told you we did not go to the North Pole. That was a dream." I sighed distinctly to make sure dad heard me.

"Your in denial, dad." I chuckled at Charlies word, he wasn't wrong. I know dad --- I know that he knows that we went to the North Pole.

"Denial. You don't even know what that word means."

"Denial; a statement that something is not true." I defined for dad. 

"What?"

"That's the definition of Denial. A statement that something is not true."

"Huh."

"Yeah, which your in dad. We know what happened."

"How you y'all know that? How? You guys don't even have any proof." 

"Proof?" Charlie opened his bag and pulled out the snow globe that Bernard had given him. I smiled as I remembered mine. "How about... This." Charlie said holding the snow globe up to dad so he could see. 

"Remember all the neat stuff inside?" I asked him.

Our dad sighed as he picked up the globe to examine it."Oh, Charlie. This is a toy. We used to make things like this at work, but no one bought 'em. Here." He handed Charlies snow globe back to him.

"I don't wanna talk about this anymore." He said as he walked off. I looked at Charlie and followed him. 

We were walking outside along the side walk outside of the Zoo in silence. "We know who you are, dad." Charlie said suddenly.

I gave him a weird look --- then automatically realizing what he meant. 

Santa.

 "You'll figure it out soon enough." I told him.

"There are a lot of kids that believe in you." Charlie said.

"You can't let them down," I continued.

"Charlie, Y/n, you're wrong." Me and Charlie looked behind us and started laughing. There was a herd of reindeer following dad; there was a man shouting trying to get them to go back. Which made it even funnier.

"What's so funny you guys?" My and Charlie continued laughing. 

"Nothing." Me and Charlie said in unison. 

A few days later:

I drove us from dads house to mom and Neil's house perfectly with no accidents! I was proud of my self. 

I smiled as I stopped next to the curb and turned of the car. 

I grabbed the keys and got out to meet my mom. "Ahh learning how to drive I see?"

"Yep! I drove all the way from dads house to here! Are you proud?"

"Very darling." She pulled me into a bone crushing hug a kissed my head. 

"Ow- mom... I can't b-breath."

"Oh, sorry." I smiled as I looked over to dad; he still sat in the car gripping the support thing on  the top of the door. It looked as if he had seen a ghost. I know my driving was not that bad, he was overreacting. 

"Um, I'll get dad." I walked over to the door and opened it for him. He hopped out quicker than you can say super cala fragilistic expialidocious. 

"Where is he?" Dad said abruptly. 

"Well, he could be in his room, jumping up and own on his bed wearing a red hat and galoshes."

"We don't care what Neil's doing." I said.

"Were's Charlie?" Dad asked again.

"Oh ho ho oh, I see, I see, well can't be father of the year why not be the father of Christmas." I rolled my eyes as we walked up and into her house. I walked to the living room and saw Neil talking to Charlie about something.

"What about the reindeer? Have you ever seen a reindeer fly?" Neil asked Charlie.

"Yes."

"Well, I haven't." 

"Have you ever seen a million dollars?" I questioned him. They looked up at me Charlie had gotten out of his seat and jumped into my arms. I hugged him back happily. 

"No! I haven't"

"Just because you haven't seen it doesn't mean it doesn't exist." I said in a matter-of-a-fact way. 

"Hi sport." Dad and mom walked into the living room to us. I put Charlie down so he could greet dad. He ran over and hugged him. 

Now that I looked at my dad from an afar it looks like he has put on some weight. Like, a lot.

"Hi, Dad." Charlie said pulling away from him.

"Hey, you guys wanna take a walk? I wanna talk to y'all."

"Sure. I'll get my coat."

"Okay. Hustle up." Charlie ran out of the room to get his coat on.

"Scott? Can I have a minute?" Neil asked, I stood by the door frame making sure to listen in on their conversation. I can't help it I'm nosey.

"Sure."

"I think Charlie and Y/n are conflicted at the moment."

"Wow. Really? Boy. Hmm. Appreciate your analysis. I really do. But, boy, you got more important things to worry about, you know. Like, where are you gonna get more sweaters after the circus pulls outta town?" I laughed at what my dad said. 

They all turned and looked at me --- I made a face and shrugged my shoulders.

"What? It was funny!" I said through my laughter,  they all looked away and continued.

"Scott! I mean, you're not listening. We are very concerned about this." Mom said, I could tell by the tone of her voice she was concerned. But there was nothing to be concerned about.

"Concerned about what?"

"This--" Mom started,

"If Charlie and Y/n spending time with you is the best thing for them." I furrowed my brows at them.

"I'm sorry. What?" I said hysterically. "You can't be serious!" I scoffed and went to go wait outside for dad and Charlie. 

They came out a few minutes later. We all walked around the sidewalk of the nearby park. 

I walked with my head down watching my feet as they walked on. "Dad, do you think I'll be ready to fly the sleigh by myself next year?" I asked him out of curiosity.

"Y/n, what? No."

"I bet it's as easy as driving dad. Just with live reindeer. That's kind of unpredictable though."

"No, Y/n that's not what I'm talking about. Guys, hold on a second. We've got to talk about this Santa Claus thing. There- t-there is no- no..."

"No what, Dad?" Charlie asked.

"There's no reason why we have to tell anybody about the North Pole." Well I certainly wasn't I would just get beat up again for saying something like that. 

"Why not?" Charlie asked again. We had stopped in the middle of the side walk now to talk.

"Well, sometimes some things, big things, should remain un- unsaid, like between two people."

"Oh, you mean like a secret." I said.

"Yes. Like a secret. Let's keep it a secret."

"How come?" Charlie asked.

"Because of Mom and Neil." I said through gritted teeth.

"Not just because of them, Y/n. There's school. Everybody thinks-- Well, it's not important what they think. It-- How does five bucks sound to ya?" How did we get from Santa to Five bucks? I don't mind I'll still take the five bucks. 

"This is something I really want you to do for me, guys. I want to keep this secret. Will ya do that, please?"

"Okay, Dad."

"Fine." 

"All right. Great. You don't have to worry about the Santa Claus thing any more." We continued to walk on.

"So when do I get the five bucks?" Charlie asked dad. I chuckled at his question,

"Yeah, dad, when?" I laughed as we continued to walk; when he didn't answer our questions.

Later that evening - 4:30:

I walked into the drug store to buy some more tampons since I would almost be out in a day. I went down the isle where the products are and picked up the box I needed. I also grabbed some chocolates to help and I was mostly just craving the too.

 I went to the register and paid with the five dollars my dad had given me. I grabbed the bag, and walk out of the store and to the car.

I sat for about five minutes before I actually started the car. I waited a few more moments so the car would heat up. 

My dad had let me drive down to the drug store because it wasn't far from home, and nothing could happen to me within four minutes. 

I pulled the stick into drive and looked into my rear view mirror to see if anyone was coming.

I saw a familiar green hat and stopped what I was doing. I put the car back into park and turn around in my seat.

"Bernard, what are you doing here?"

"I need your help with something It's urgent..."

Pokračovať v čítaní

You'll Also Like

1.2M 47.9K 53
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...
121K 6.8K 43
╰┈➤ *⋆❝ 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐤 𝐢'𝐝 𝐩𝐚𝐬𝐬 𝐮𝐩 𝐚 𝐟𝐫𝐞𝐞 𝐭𝐫𝐢𝐩 𝐭𝐨 𝐢𝐭𝐚𝐥𝐲? 𝐢 𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐤𝐞𝐞𝐩 𝐦𝐲 𝐩𝐚𝐬𝐬𝐩𝐨𝐫𝐭 𝐢𝐧 𝐦𝐲 �...
500K 18K 97
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! 😂💜 my first fanfic...
285K 9.3K 56
When he denied his own baby calling her a cheater. "This baby is not mine." But why god planned them to meet again? "I would like you to transfer in...