DR (B2)

By TheOwlOfAthena

"Doctor's back for night shift." *** I don't ship any of these idols in real life. I use them for visualizati... More

Intro
01 | Jen
02 | It has been a year
03 | Hospital
04 | City
05 | Jennie?
06 | Daughter
07 | She's back
08 | Remember
09 | Amnesia
10 | Who are you?
11 | I'm sorry
12 | Help
13 | Family
14 | Friends
15 | Yoongi
16 | What happened?
17 | Hanbin
18 | Gangster
19 | Dangerous
20 | Please
22 | Stop
23 | Doctor's back
Epilogue
Doctor series

21 | Gone, again

400 21 2
By TheOwlOfAthena

***

3rd person

"Hanbin, what are you doing there?" An old woman's voice echoed behind the said young man. "You have been standing there for a long time, dear. Come sit down beside me."

The young man is standing in front of the window, peeking through the curtains covering the interior of the hospital room. He has been staring out of the window for about thirty minutes now. Ever since he saw a glimpse of what looked like two familiar people, he immediately stood right behind the window to observe Yoongi and Jennie who are talking out in the garden.

"Be right there, granny."

The old woman sighs, she looks at his grandson with a strange look — almost like pity. She knew exactly how her grandson is feeling, she may be old by age but she could still remember the days that Hanbin was smiling from ear to ear. Now, her grandson is filled with distress and anger.

If only Hanbin would open his eyes to the world and not only focusing on Jen.

Hanbin didn't move a single inch as his eyes narrow when he notices Yoongi taking a step forward to Jen. He didn't know why but the other man's close distance between him and the young woman is making his blood boil.

"What does he think is he doing?" He asks himself quietly, making sure that this grandmother doesn't hear him.

Then, Hanbin's eyes suddenly widen at the sight occurring in front of him. Yoongi is wrapping his arms around the young woman and is pulling her in close to him. His heart begins to beat fast, not by any other emotion, nothing else but anger and rage is filling up his chest.

He could see that their lips are still moving which means that the two are still talking while being in each other's embrace. Hanbin would march up towards the two in less than a minute if he could.

Then, Hanbin almost gasped when he saw the scene unfolding in front of him — not literally in front of him but a few meters away from where the window was, Jen and Yoongi are standing.

Jen slowly wraps her arms around Yoongi and rests her cheek on the man's shoulder for support. Her lips were barely moving but Hanbin knew that she was telling him something important as Yoongi pulled the woman closer to him and even pressed a kiss on the top of her head.

His hands slowly begin to form into fists out of anger as he gritted his teeth, "That f*cking bastard."

Too preoccupied with what is happening, Hanbin doesn't notice that his grandmother is still staring at him. The old woman's eyebrows furrowed slightly, realizing that her grandson might be watching something bad as she could feel a different aura radiating from him.

"Hanbin?" She calls. "Are you alright, dear?"

The young man slowly turns around to face his grandmother with a smile on his face. Hanbin nods in response, "I'm alright, granny, you should go take a nap again while you wait for your breakfast."

His grandmother nods as he walks over to her bed to tuck her back in with her blanket. As the old woman closes her eyes, Hanbin couldn't help but feel pain in his chest, he knew that what he is about to do is something that he would regret in a lifetime.

'I'm sorry, granny."

The very next morning, Lisa and Chaeyoung are assigned to deliver breakfast for the patients in their rooms. It is still pretty early but the two women wanted a change of pace for the patients. Some of the patients wake up earlier than others which makes it unfair for them to wait for the others just to have their breakfast.

"The next room should be Mrs. Im's," Chaeyoung reads out the next patient on their list of the clipboard in her hand.

Lisa's eyes lit up at this, "Should we ask unnie if she wants to hang out today? Jin said his restaurant is having a new menu and I think it would be a great idea if we invite her to come with us!"

"That's a great idea, Liz," Her sister agrees. "But we also need to think about our shift."

Chaeyoung's younger sister pouted but followed her sister to the Im's hospital room, pushing the cart of food in front of her. She opens the door as gently and quietly as possible to see if the patient is still asleep.

"Mrs. Im?" Chaeyoung gently called to the patient from the door.

The old woman seemed to have woken up from her sleep. Her eyes slowly darted towards the slightly ajar door to see a young woman peeking from the entrance with a warm smile on her face.

"Oh? Come in," She calls to the two nurses with her raspy voice.

Lisa and Chaeyoung finally enter the room, giving the old woman warm smiles as they bring her breakfast. The youngest pulling out a tray of food looking exactly like the other trays, while Chaeyoung is looking around the room for her sister.

"Mrs. Im," She calls to the old woman who is asking Lisa for help with her food. "Have you seen our sister? Where is she?"

The old woman innocently smiled at Chaeyoung as she takes a bite off her food, "She's with my grandson, Hanbin, have you met him? My grandson is the nicest boy you will ever meet, he is very sweet and loving and —"

"— Mrs. Im," Lisa cuts her off. "Where did they go? Do you know?"

Chaeyoung is beginning to feel worried for her sister but rushing information out of the old woman might stress her out and because of her condition, she needs to be careful if her heart rate rises.

"Oh, my grandson didn't say where they were going," Mrs. Im replied. "He said he and Jen are going to drive around the city, they're going sightseeing."

The nurses' brows furrowed at her response.

"Drive?" Chaeyoung asks. "Where did they get a car?"

"Oh! Hanbin rented one, of course," The old woman enthusiastically replied, as if proud of what her grandson did. "It was too early, Hanbin said Jen fell asleep so he had to carry her to the car."

At this, Lisa and Chaeyoung immediately made eye contact. Shock and fear were written all over their faces.

"Lisa, call them," Chaeyoung tells her sister with a stern voice as she looks back to the old woman to ask more questions.

The youngest immediately nods in response and dashes out of the hospital room with her phone out of her pocket as she speed-dialled her boyfriend's number. Lisa begins running through the hallways, passing by visitors, patients, and other staff. She needs to tell her family as soon as possible.

After a few moments of ringing, Jungkook finally answers the call, "Lisa? What are you doing calling me this early? Did you miss me already —"

"I need you to get the others in the hospital right now," She cuts him off, her breath ragged as she starts panting from all the running and is now trying to catch her breath while also trying to talk to her boyfriend on the phone.

"What? Why? Lisa, what is happening?"

"Jennie — she — she's gone, again!" Her voice cracked mid-sentence as she already started feeling emotional. She cannot go through it again, losing her sister is one of the worst things that has happened to her.

The other line was silent for a while and Lisa was about to talk again when Jungkook cuts her off, "Don't worry, babe, we're on our way."

The call immediately ended after that and finally, after running around the hospital, she arrives in front of her parents' office and without even knocking, she came bursting through the door, shocking her parents and her oldest sister, Jisoo.

"Lisa?" Her mom asked, extremely surprised.

The young woman placed both of her hands on her knees for support as she tries to regain her breathing, tears brimming in her eyes as she tries her best to explain everything to her family everything that happened before bawling her eyes out.

"It's Jennie."

Out in the hospital, after Lisa called Jungkook about thirty minutes ago, a van full of seven men immediately got out of the vehicle after parking in the parking lot and almost hitting the other vehicles.

"Let's move it!" Yoongi yells to his friends who are running just behind him.

People in the hospital have no clue what is going on as the seven men ran through the hospital's busy hallways, trying their best not to bump into anyone. Patients, visitors, and other staff steppes back to the walls, trying not to get hit by any of the seven men.

It was as if they are running for their lives.

Arriving in front of the office door of the Kim's, Yoongi didn't even bother to knock as he turns the knob to be greeted by two worried adults, a crying Lisa, and Jisoo who is currently comforting her sister.

"Guys!" A female voice yelled from behind them.

Heads turned to see who it is, Chaaeyoung came running to the room before any of them can close the door. The young woman looked haggard, with messy hair and sweat forming on her forehead, with her obvious loud breathing, it looks like she ran here.

"Yoongi —"

"— What about Jennie?" Yoongi immediately went straight to the point. "What happened to her? Is she safe? Where is she?"

Mrs. Kim looks up to him and wiped her tears away before answering the young man's question.

"She's gone, again."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

SAM By 🦉

Fanfiction

77.2K 2.2K 35
Lalisa Manoban, the royal maknae of the girl group, Blackpink. And Jeon Jungkook, the golden maknae of the boy group, BTS. Lisa's dream was far from...
7.3K 487 17
in which a bored idol meets a failed pianist and begs her to become his piano teacher. © starcrossedpjm 2022. all rights reserved. started: 21 may c...
43.8K 2.3K 86
"Is it that hard for you to love me?" -Jimin "The contract is enough to tie you down with me," -Jungkook *Another Jikook fiction! 👀 *Topkook *Bott...
814K 15.6K 100
"Dr. Lee is in the house." You're Bangtans new physician. You've left everything behind back in America for a new start and boy have you found it. ...