DR (B2)

By TheOwlOfAthena

"Doctor's back for night shift." *** I don't ship any of these idols in real life. I use them for visualizati... More

Intro
01 | Jen
02 | It has been a year
03 | Hospital
04 | City
05 | Jennie?
06 | Daughter
07 | She's back
08 | Remember
09 | Amnesia
10 | Who are you?
11 | I'm sorry
12 | Help
13 | Family
14 | Friends
15 | Yoongi
16 | What happened?
17 | Hanbin
19 | Dangerous
20 | Please
21 | Gone, again
22 | Stop
23 | Doctor's back
Epilogue
Doctor series

18 | Gangster

446 29 12
By TheOwlOfAthena

***

3rd person

The following night, it was Hanbin's turn to watch over his grandmother. This was one of the only times that he was given a day off, to give his body some time to rest and relax because he usually takes night shifts.

He got two jobs in two different restaurants to earn as much money as he can to provide for him and Jen. It was a good thing that the hospital is already paying for his grandmother's necessities, then he just needs to worry about Jen.

His job was not that bad at all, probably even better than all the other jobs that he got back in their little old town and at the neighboring areas. He even got three times the usual pay he always gets whenever he finds work back home.

If his grandmother needed to stay longer in the city, he will probably have enough time to earn and keep enough money to buy all of her medication and to keep food on their table for at least two months.

Hanbin is used to experiencing hard work. Trying to make a living for his grandmother meant that he had to find numerous amounts of jobs and his determination would always pay off. This meant that he had already tried each and every type of job available in their area just to take care of his grandmother.

This time is different. Jobs in the city are much different from what he is used to back in his hometown. Trying to balance two very busy, physically and mentally exhausting jobs is pretty hard. But he keeps reminding himself of the reason why he was doing this in the first place.

He needs to do this for his family.

For the people he cares about.

For his grandmother and for Jen.

Speaking of the young woman, Hanbin's attention switched from the loud television to Jen who was walking out of the bathroom all layered up.

He looked outside the window and saw the sun setting. Hanbin found it odd for Jen to be planning on taking a walk out in the garden after the sun already began setting. He even had to turn the lights on in the room as it was starting to get dark.

"Where are you going?" Hanbin asked her.

The young woman began gently brushing up her hair with a hair tie in between her lips as she stared at the large mirror on the wall.

"It's already starting to get dark," Hanbin's grandmother spoke after waking up from her nap. "I think it would be best... If you wait until tomorrow to take a walk outside. It's dangerous for... young ladies like you to be... out and about the streets at night."

Her condition, just like the doctor said, had gotten worse. It was a good thing that she is still able to wake up with the little strength left in her wrinkled body to eat whenever her meals are delivered since she needs all the nutritions that she can get.

Whenever she tries to talk, her lungs are having a hard time which would cause her to take a large breath in between her sentences or else she will suffocate from lack of oxygen in her lungs.

Both Hanbin and Jen are worried for her, anytime soon, if they still cannot find a doctor who can help his grandmother, then he wouldn't have to think about buying her medications but planning and preparing for a funeral.

"Don't worry," Jen replied to them, looking from over her shoulders as she crouched down on the tiled floor and began tying up her shoes. "I won't go far, plus, I will only take just a few minutes."

"You know it's not safe out here in the city, Jen.

Hanbin was worried. He had heard numerous rumors from his co workers and from people having cigarettes in alleyways about the conspicuous amounts of gangs and gang activities in the area.

Of course, he knows that they are just rumors and that some of them may not be even true, just like what he heard about Min yoongi, but he needed to be careful and take those seriously before anyone actually gets hurt.

Before Jen gets hurt,

"I'm going to be fine, Hanbin." She told him. "I'll call you once I'm almost back at the hospital."

Hanbin refrained himself from saying anything more than that. Instead, he released a large sigh and felt his body relax on the cushioned chair of the hospital room right next to his grandmother's bed.

"Come back as soon as you can," He told her.

Jen gave him a smile and nodded in return before turning around and walking straight to the door. She raised her hand and waved goodbye before closing it again.

Tonight is one of those nights that Jen likes to take a stroll around the area where the hospital is located. Walking around the neighborhood near the hospital where supposedly grew up is something that Jen likes to do in her free time.

After all, she really doesn't have anything to do back in the hospital other than take care of Hanbin's grandmother and maybe chat with her sisters here and there. But other than that, she has nothing else to do.

Whatever Hanbin might say about the city being dangerous — which is technically true — he will never be able to stop her. Walking around the neighborhood has helped her regain bits and pieces of her memories even though those memories are just part of her childhood.

Still, it made a difference.

But something that Jen is really curious about is all the memories that she lost before her accident. She really wants to know how it all happened. How she ended up with a bullet in her body, washing up ashore, and how she was separated from her family and friends.

Jen wanted to figure out how her normal life started as a doctor in the city to a woman with no memories washing up by the beach with a bullet hole on her body. It sounds more illegal when she thinks about it.

She had already asked her sisters about it but none of them wanted to tell her anything. Even Jaerin and her parents won't say something. Not a single word came out of their mouths about what happened to her and it is really starting to frustrate her.

Jen wants to know the truth.

With a smile, she waved goodbye to the receptionist at the entrance of the hospital building.

As soon as she stepped out of the building, she looked up at the sky and saw that the sun had already set and only a beautiful light indigo or a baby blue color was left as the night began.

Then, walking towards the quiet and simple neighborhood near the hospital, Jen pulled her jacket around her tighter as she was met by a cold gust of wind. The road in front of the hospital was crowded with a numerous variety of vehicles and people walking down the street, rushing to get home.

It was beginning to get dark and this meant that rush hour had finally begun. Jen doesn't want to get trampled over by a hoard of people rushing to get back to their homes after a rough day at work.

The narrow roads that Jen is taking as she travels through the quiet neighborhood is dark. There weren't many lamp posts around and whenever there is one, the next lamp post is too far away that there will always be a darker side of the road. Even alleyways seemed nonexistent as not a single speck of light is shone on those parts of the neighborhood.

"Hm?" Jen hummed to herself when she heard a noise from a dark alleyway just across the street.

Her eyes narrowed, trying to look for the cause of that noise but she doesn't seem to find anything and she doesn't hear another sound after that. Instead, Jen ignores it and begins walking again but much more careful this time.

As she took the first six steps, she heard another set of noise from the same alleyway but Jen was too scared to even look back and see what it was. All she wants right now is to go back to the safety of the hospital.

Her heartbeat quickened with every step she took as the noise from the alleyway was replaced with a bunch of footsteps heading her way. This time, she confirmed that she should take a look behind her to figure out if she needs to run.

"Hey, you!" A voice called from behind her before she could even turn her head around.

Jen gasped when she saw a group of men trailing behind her. As quickly as she can, her steps were larger as she tried to run away from them but she unfortunately hit something else since she wasn't looking at what was in front of her.

"Hey there, missy."

Her head snapped to the front to see a large man keeping her from running away. He immediately grabbed Jen by the arms to keep her from running away as the group of men finally caught up to her.

"Well, look at what we have here," One of the men spoke with a disgusting grin on his face that his friends seemed to be wearing as well.

Jen wants to scream but before she can even open her mouth, the man keeping her still placed his hand over her mouth to silence her.

The man in front of her stepped closer, she could smell the alcohol and cigarettes as he raised his hand, making her flinch, expecting a blow to her face or head. Instead, he brought his hand to tuck her hair behind her ear.

Jen is fearful for her life.

"Oh, I remember you." The man grinned. "You were Caleb's prisoner, weren't you? The doctor that was taken away! That's why you looked so familiar, Caleb was nice enough to introduce you to us while he held you captive."

His friends seemed to finally figure out who she was but Jen had no idea what they were talking about or who this 'Caleb' person is. She doesn't even remember being kidnapped by some strangers.

"She's Caleb's downfall, isn't she?" One of them added.

"What? I don't even know who you are. I don't even know who Caleb is!" Jen tried to speak but her voice was muffled, she was taken aback by what the man said. How can she be the reason for a stranger's downfall? What did she even do?

Then, one of his friends spoke, "Oh, news spreads fast in the underground, missy. We heard Bangtan took care of Caleb and his men because of you."

Jen's eyes immediately widened at the word Bangtan. She had heard her sisters mention it at least once whenever they thought she wasn't listening or paying attention.

"Unfortunately, he wasn't kind enough to let us taste you before you had to go," He told her with an evil glint in his eyes. "We're lucky to see you here. Stay with us for a while and we'll show you a good time."

Tears began to form in her eyes. Jen began kicking and wiggling around the large man's hold as she tried to scream for help even though her voice was muffled to silence her. She couldn't do anything to help herself, no matter how hard she tried to free herself or how loud she tried to scream.

This is going to be her en —

"Let her go, you dirty bastards."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

125K 3.4K 33
boy×boy mpreg #1 taekook 26 June 2021 #1 taekook 26 November 2021 #4 fanfiction 26 November 2021
MT By 🦉

Fanfiction

38.6K 1.3K 17
Min Yoongi and Kim Jennie's children. "They're my children too, Jennie." Min Yoongi planned on surprising his parents with his members in his hometow...
48.3K 1.6K 40
Welcome back to the world of Doctors and Surgeons~
7.2K 504 27
" You are my 'Doctor Stranger' who saved my life " Started: 30.06.21 Completed: 15.11.21