DR (B2)

By TheOwlOfAthena

"Doctor's back for night shift." *** I don't ship any of these idols in real life. I use them for visualizati... More

Intro
01 | Jen
02 | It has been a year
03 | Hospital
04 | City
05 | Jennie?
06 | Daughter
07 | She's back
08 | Remember
09 | Amnesia
10 | Who are you?
12 | Help
13 | Family
14 | Friends
15 | Yoongi
16 | What happened?
17 | Hanbin
18 | Gangster
19 | Dangerous
20 | Please
21 | Gone, again
22 | Stop
23 | Doctor's back
Epilogue
Doctor series

11 | I'm sorry

493 27 27
By TheOwlOfAthena

***

Jen

"What was that all about?" Hanbin's voice broke the silence.

The six men dragged the stranger away from our table and out of the cafeteria.

My eyes were still locked on the double doors, "I don't know."

The stranger just suddenly walked up to us and called me by a name that was almost the same as mine. I may not know him but by the way he was looking at me, his eyes were glistening with glee.

"Do you..." I trailed off. "Do you think he really knows me?"

Hanbin shrugged in response, "Well, considering the fact that a lot of people recognized you as someone they knew, there is a possibility."

My eyes widened, "Should I go talk to him then?"

"They're probably gone by now," Hanbin said. "But I can help you find him and we both can talk to him, just to make sure you're safe."

I smiled and felt a warm feeling in my chest, "Thank you, Hanbin."

He smiled back, "Well, I better go, I'm still going to try and find a temporary job near the hospital."

I nodded as the two of us stood up from the table and walked out of the cafeteria.

"You can go walk around while I'm gone," He told me. "Granny already ate her breakfast and she's just taking a nap."

As we separated our ways, I decided to make my way down a different hallway, away from the hospital rooms and go to my favorite place in the hospital.

The garden.

I've fallen in love with its design and how the plants and decorations compliments each other.

There aren't many people around, probably because it's still a bit too early for them to be out and about in the cold morning .

I pulled my cardigan tighter around me as a cold breeze passed by. By now, I'm pretty familiar with the ins and outs of the garden after spending almost the whole day yesterday when Hanbin and I took granny outside for some fresh air.

This is nice. A great change of pace, Hanbin was right, coming to the city would increase my chances of finding my real family.

Not that I'm not happy with granny and Hanbin, of course I am. I owe them my life for bringing me to the hospital after finding me unconscious by the shore.

They became my family for the past year and nothing can describe the gratitude that I have for the two of them. They welcomed me in their home with open arms and treated me as their own blood.

Even though I may not remember who I really am, I made beautiful and memorable memories with them.

Then, a thought came to me.

If I ever find my real family, will they welcome me with open arms as well?

Maybe, there's a reason I drifted ashore, nothing in my memory for my identity and clothes filled with blood from a bullet that was shot through me, unidentifiable and foggy memories, and a piece of my name.

Jen.

A sigh came from my mouth as I walked near the very edge of the garden, where a large wall surrounded the grounds.

But then, I saw something that made me pause and stop walking any further.

"Hm?" I hummed to myself.

The same stranger, the same man who walked up to us earlier at the cafeteria was sitting down on a bench facing the large fountain that was one of the main attractions in the garden. It was magnificent.

He looked gloomy, much different from when I saw him earlier.

He is just staring at the fountain, doing nothing and just silently sitting down on the bench, alone.

I turned my head from left to right to look for the six men that had dragged him away earlier. They looked like they were friends with him.

Where are they now?

I frowned and looked back at the stranger.

He was just sitting there, staring at the gushing fountain and listening at the beautiful silence around him.

And for the first time, even though I knew nothing about my life before the incident, I felt like I knew every bit of him, like I've met him some lifetime ago.

3rd person

"Excuse me," She spoke.

Yoongi's head whipped around to see a very familiar face standing right behind him, wearing a hopeful and curious look.

"Y-yes?" He forced himself to reply and not just gawk at her.

She motioned to the empty space beside him, "May I take a seat? If you don't mind, I don't want to bother you or anything."

Yoongi shook his head and gave her a smile, "It's alright, please, take a seat."

You could never be a bother to me. Ask me to pay attention to you and I will do it in a heartbeat.

The young woman gave him a smile and took a seat right next to him. For a moment, Yoongi felt like he had been in the same situation as before.

He turned to the woman and sighed, "Look, I'm sorry for what happened earlier, I just thought... you were someone I knew."

She smiled at him, "It's okay, a lot of people had been telling me that they recognized me."

"They do?"

She nodded in response, "Yup, but for some reason, I can't think of a time that I had met them before."

That pulled a painful tug on Yoongi's heart.

"Does it bother you?" He asked her.

She shakes her head, "No, quite opposite really. You see — not that you care about my life — but I got into an accident and having people around me telling me that they recognize me is nice."

She turned her gaze from the fountain to him and smiled, "It gives me hope."

Yoongi smiled back.

"I really want to apologize about what happened earlier," Yoongi insisted. "I was intruding and your friend didn't seem to like me."

The woman chuckled, "Like I said, it's fine, Hanbin is just wary of strangers, especially to me."

Yoongi hummed, "He's protective of you?"

"You could say that," She said. "But it's more like he just wants what's best for me since it's practically my first time in the city."

He nodded, "Well, I'm basically harmless so you don't have to be scared around me."

Yoongi held out his hand to her with a hopeful look on his face.

"The name is Yoongi, friends?"

She smiled back and shook his hand, "I'm Jen, I'm thrilled to be your friend, Yoongi."

The two smiled at each other.

They looked back at the fountain in front of them and sat there in comfortable silence.

Jen looked over to him and saw a strange look on his face. He looked somewhat sad and distracted.

"Something's bothering you," Jen said.

"It's nothing."

She shook her head and grabbed his hand, "As your new friend, I insist, you can tell me about it if you want but you don't have to if you're not comfortable."

Yoongi smiled.

A small pain was still evident in his heart but he felt hope at the new friendship that he had made with her.

She may not remember him but fate still has plans for the two of them.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.9K 526 21
I ain't gonna write any description as it will ruin the whole story but still hope you read it πŸ™‚ This is my first story, so very very sorry for any...
56.6K 2K 40
Welcome back to the world of Doctors and Surgeons~
IYIFC By πŸ¦‰

Fanfiction

11.6K 583 12
"Do you need a hug?" Min Yoongi finally believes Taehyung about the building being haunted when he hears cries in a janitor's closet. But he found ou...
177K 10.7K 91
Completed ________ "This is our story. Reality? What is our reality?" 𝖳𝗁𝖾 π–£π–Ύπ—†π—ˆπ—‡ 𝖠𝗅𝗉𝗁𝖺, 𝗍𝗁𝖾 π—†π—ˆπ—Œπ— 𝖿𝖾𝖺𝗋𝖾𝖽 π—π—ˆπ—…π–Ώ 𝗍𝗁𝖺𝗍 𝗁...