DR (B2)

By TheOwlOfAthena

"Doctor's back for night shift." *** I don't ship any of these idols in real life. I use them for visualizati... More

Intro
01 | Jen
02 | It has been a year
03 | Hospital
05 | Jennie?
06 | Daughter
07 | She's back
08 | Remember
09 | Amnesia
10 | Who are you?
11 | I'm sorry
12 | Help
13 | Family
14 | Friends
15 | Yoongi
16 | What happened?
17 | Hanbin
18 | Gangster
19 | Dangerous
20 | Please
21 | Gone, again
22 | Stop
23 | Doctor's back
Epilogue
Doctor series

04 | City

469 29 6
By TheOwlOfAthena

***

3rd person

They all finally arrived in the only hospital in the town after Hanbin ran to their neighbor and asked if they could bring the three of them and his grandmother to the hospital.

Hanbin's grandmother was immediately rushed to the emergency room where Yuna, Jen, and Hanbin were not allowed to go in.

"She's going to be fine," Yuna comforted Hanbin and so did Jen.

All three of them were scared for the outcome and what the doctor might say to them about the old woman's condition.

Both Jennie and Yuna are worried for Hanbin.

Hanbin was left in his grandmother's care when his parents died in a car crash near a cliff just hours away from their town. He doesn't have any other relatives except for his grandmother.

Over the years, after Hanbin had graduated, he decided to find work to take care of his grandmother since she was beginning to feel sick and they needed to buy all her prescriptions.

But living in a small town like this, there's not a lot of jobs for Hanbin.

He decided to get work in the neighboring town but after just six months, he realized that his workplace is too far away and he couldn't just leave his grandmother alone like that.

Yuna would always come over and take care of Hanbin's grandmother while he's away and his best friend would just study in their house.

But Hanbin felt so bad since Yuna needed to study in peace. Taking care of his grandmother would just distract her.

After Jen joined their little family, Hanbin is a lot more comfortable with leaving his grandmother home since Jen will be there to take care of her.

After about thirty minutes or so, the doctor finally walked out of the emergency room and all three of them immediately stood up from the bench.

"Doctor!" Hanbin exclaimed. "How is she? How is my grandmother?"

The doctor gave him a reassuring smile.

"Your grandmother is now in a stable condition," This made the three of them sigh in relief. "But her illness had gone worse after another one of her attacks."

The relief on their faces vanished at his statement.

"What do you mean?" Jen asked him for a further explanation.

"Well, even though her condition is currently stable, there will be a high chance that the next following attacks will be dangerous for her. It's a good thing that you brought her here quickly enough before she was gone for good."

Nobody replied and they only listened intently.

"But the next following attacks will highly be fatal."

All eyes widened at this new information. They needed to do something and fast.

Hanbin took a quick breath and glanced at the doctor," Is there anything that we can do?"

"Well," The doctor sighed. "There should be a way to help her but our hospital lacks the budget and the doctor that could lead the operation."

"So, there is a way to save her!" Yuna smiled.

The doctor nodded to her, "I have heard of a similar condition from your grandmother before when I joined a summit meeting with fellow doctors last year. This doctor from one of the hospitals in the city was the one who led the operation and it was a success."

"Do you know where the doctor is now?" It was Jen's turn to ask.

"To be honest, I don't know." The doctor replied. "The last I've heard about that doctor is that they're working at one of the hospitals in the city till this day."

The hope in Hanbin's eyes vanished. How can they find that miracle doctor if they're hours away from the city?

"Fortunately, I know a hospital in the city where they accept patients from less fortunate areas and try to help them through a charity fund," The doctor tried to lighten up the mood.

"I can arrange everything for your grandmother to be moved there until you find a doctor who can help her," He added.

Hanbin's lips turned into a grateful smile, "That would be great, thank you."

Hanbin and Jen got off the huge van that picked them up from their small little town with Hanbin's grandmother to be moved to a hospital in the city.

It was about three days that Hanbin and Jen began packing everything that they will be needing for the trip since they don't even know how long they will have to stay in the city.

Yuna had no choice but to stay back because of her school work.

"We're here," The driver's voice echoed from the front.

Jen looked out of the window of the vehicle and was in awe of the huge building that was obviously much bigger than their simple and small hospital back in their town.

She stared at the name of the building, plastered on the white walls in huge metal letters.

'Kim's hospital'

Jen flinched and winced in pain after staring at the hospital name for too long. She could see flashes of light and inaudible voices that she could not recognize.

She placed a hand on her forehead, slightly massaging it to ease the pain.

"You okay, Jen?" Hanbin had asked her.

She glanced back at him with a reassuring smile and nodded, "Yeah, I'm fine. I'm just a bit sick from the long ride."

Hanbin nodded, "We'll get you some water once we get granny inside."

Once they arrived, the vehicle finally stopped in front of the entrance and the back of the vehicle opened with a bunch of people in white waiting.

While the staff were slowly taking the old grandmother — who was asleep on a wheeled stretcher — slowly out of the vehicle, Hanbin took Jen by her hand and guided her out of the vehicle.

"This patient's name is Im Jangmi?" A nurse asked Hanbin with a clipboard in his hand.

Hanbin nodded, "Yes, we came from Great Plains Hospital."

The nurse nodded, "Good. Please follow me while we take the patient to her own room, one of our doctors will speak with you once we get inside and the patient gets settled in."

Both Jen and Hanbin nodded at the instructions and followed the nurse inside with Hanbin's grandmother being taken to a private room provided by the hospital since she will be funded by the hospital's charity program.

"Mr. Im Hanbin, is that correct?" A male doctor greeted Hanbin and Jen just outside of his grandmother's private room.

Hanbin nodded, "Yes, Jangmi is my grandmother."

The doctor wrote down some notes on his clipboard and glanced at Jen.

Jen gulped at the intense gaze the doctor was giving him. He narrowed his eyes as if trying to figure out something.

"And you are?"

"A family friend," Jen replied.

The doctor nodded and finally placed his pen back in his coat pocket and took a deep breath.

"Let me get straight to the point," He told the two. "I'm sure your doctor from Great Plains already explained to you Mrs. Im's condition."

The two nodded.

"Mrs. Im may be in a stable condition for now but as soon as she gets another one of her attacks, we will probably need to run her to the operation room and begin an operation, but there is a problem." The doctor sighed.

"The doctor that had handled a patient with the same condition as your grandmother does not work here anymore."

Hanbin's face fell at this new information.

"But we will try to find a suitable doctor to help your grandmother."

While Hanbin is still busy talking to the doctor, Jen looked around the somewhat busy hallway. The white hallways felt familiar with each look.

She thinks it's probably because their hospital back in town is painted all white as well.

Then, her eyes fell on the end of the hallway where most people resided. A group of people walked by the hallway and for a split second, she thought she saw someone familiar.

A/N: I apologize for short chapters in the following chapters.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

48.4K 1.6K 40
Welcome back to the world of Doctors and Surgeons~
38.6K 961 37
・STAND-ALONE・ β₯ "I just want you to love me, the way you love her. But I guess that won't happen." "I love you, Jungkook." "She's just a forced marr...
SMTAI By πŸ¦‰

Fanfiction

103K 3.8K 40
"Be proud, darling. You're carrying my last name and a ring wrapped around your finger to show the world that you're mine and I'm yours." *** I don't...
14.5K 472 21
I ain't gonna write any description as it will ruin the whole story but still hope you read it πŸ™‚ This is my first story, so very very sorry for any...