rooftops

By maywashere_

༄ Dream is the lead guitarist in a band, George is just a boy who happens to be the one Dream falls for. Litt... More

chapter 1 ~ him
chapter 2 ~ music
chapter 4 ~ knocking
chapter 5 ~ plans
chapter 6 ~ 505
chapter 7 ~ wild ones
chapter 8 ~ know
chapter 9 ~ my blood
chapter 10 ~ realizing
chapter 11 ~ reality
chapter 12 ~ clouds
chapter 13 ~ mountains
chapter 14 ~ sleeping
chapter 15 ~ lipstick
chapter 16 ~ the hill
chapter 17 ~ home
chapter 18 ~ help
chapter 19 ~ flying
chapter 20 ~ jane
chapter 21 ~ snow
chapter 22 ~ warmth
chapter 23 ~ lying
chapter 24 ~ calm
chapter 25 ~ creak
chapter 26 ~ droplets
chapter 27 ~ elevator
chapter 28 ~ the truth
chapter 29 ~ hallway
chapter 30 ~ shoved
chapter 31 ~ jumper
chapter 32 ~ spiraling
chapter 33 ~ sand
chapter 34 ~ worsening
chapter 35 ~ driveway
chapter 36 ~ caving
chapter 37 ~ moon
chapter 38 ~ stars
chapter 39 ~ dreams
chapter 40 ~ deeds
chapter 41 ~ nerves
chapter 42 ~ breeze
chapter 43 ~ suitcase
chapter 44 ~ pen
chapter 45 ~ arguing
chapter 46 ~ calls
chapter 47 ~ song
chapter 48 ~ packet
chapter 49 ~ rooftops
chapter 50 ~ touch
chapter 51 ~ him
epilogue 1/2
epilogue 2/2
notes !!
life after

chapter 3 ~ sweater weather

176K 4.6K 32K
By maywashere_

•Mature language

Georges pov=

Was he staring at me?

I turn around to see if there was anyone stood behind me, but there was nobody for at least a metre or two.

I turn back to look at him, and I couldve swore he winked at me, but I didnt want to get my hopes up unless it was just my imagination.

Get my hopes up?

Get my fucking hopes up?! Get my hopes up for what? I stand still, amazed at what I'd just thought.

The song had just ended, and the blonde boy has gone backstage. I see Tommy turn his head and say something to me, but im too starstruck to move, nevermind talk.

Everyone has gone back to theyd been doing, some people were dancing, some people were chatting, and im stood in the middle of the room like some idiot who doesnt know how his legs work.

"George, can you hear me?" Tommy asks, waving his hand repeatedly infront of my face.

"What? Yeah I can" I respond, letting myself drop into the chair.

"Are you alright?" Tommy asks me, a worried expression showing up on his face.

"Hm? Of course I am" I reply, turning my head to see if the blonde boy was anywhere in sight.

I couldnt tell myself why I was looking for him, or why I wanted to find him.

But he was gorgeous, my god he was the most gorgeous boy id ever seen.

I find myself wanting to see him again. My heart began to race at the thought of him winking at me.

What was this bubbling excitement growing inside me? Why was i so determined to see his face again? What did this mean?

"George?" Tommy snaps again, still staring at me, "whats wrong, what happened?" he asks.

"Nothing, sorry, I think the tiredness is getting to me" I respond simply.

"Are you sure?" he asks, although I can see hes already convinced.

"Yeah, very sure" I reply.

"They were great, werent they" Tommy says before taking a sip of his coke. He obviously hadnt noticed that there was an extra band member.

"Yeah they were pretty good, who was your favorite?" I ask Tommy.

"I dont know if I can pick, they were all pretty great, but I thought Ranboos drumming was cool" he smiles, "how about you?"

"Wilbur" i respond, a bit too fast to make it sound believable.

Truth be told i hadnt been listening to the music at all, I was too busy focused on the blonde boy.

"Oh, George, look at this!" Tommy says grinning, already forgetting about what we had just been talking about.

"I found this epic fanart of Wilburs band, im gonna show it to him later" he tells me, pulling up a picture of a venue different from this, more free looking.

I'd like to guess it was in the summertime. You could easily tell who was who, the drawing was actually quite good.

"Thats actually real-" I begin, but im cut off by Tommys phone vibrating, as a text came in from Wilbur.

'Come backstage, I wanna introduce you guys to everyone' Tommy reads the message outloud.

I can feel my heart begin to speed up again. Honestly if I keep up like this ill be headed for a heart attack pretty soon.

"Cool" says Tommy, standing up and looking at me.

"George, are you sure your okay? You look like you've seen a ghost or something" he asks me, pushing in his chair.

I sit still, trying to force myself to get some confidence to get up and go and say hey to everyone.

Ill be fine, it wasnt like anything was hiding in there, waiting to jump out at me.

I stand up, giving Tommy a smile and telling him again that im okay, and that there was really nothing wrong with me.

Although I feel like dropping to the floor and crawling back to our table, whilst begging Tommy to come with me.

But that wasnt an option, so I just kept walking.

We reach a door which leads to backstage, and I nod for Tommy to go in first.

He walks through, and I take a deep breath and follow up behind him.

Backstage is a huge room, filled with little lockers and desks for performers to put stuff away and to get ready at.

Its a brighter room compared to the club, and it took a couple of seconds for my eyes to adjust properly.

Wilburs stood across the room with Niki. His head turns when he sees us enter, just like everyone elses does.

I refuse to look anywhere else apart from Wilburs face.

Wilbur comes over and stands inbetween me and Tommy, putting his arms around both our shoulders.

"Hey guys" he announces "this is Tommy and George, the two I was telling you about"

Everyone starts to say hello, also questioning how we are whilst Wilbur points out to us who everyone is.

He starts with Quackity, the smallest boy who gives us a wave and a smile.

Then theres Niki, who says hello and gived us another smile.

Then Ranboo who instead gives us a thumbs up and a simple 'hey' before going back to his phone.

Then theres just him, the blonde one.

"And last but not least, Dream" he says with a smile.

Tommy introduces himself first, allowing me time to study the boy.

"Hey Dream, nice to meet you" Tommy says with a grin.

Dream looks up with a wide smile, and my breath starts to pick up again.

Hes so gorgeous I feel sick even at the thought of looking at him.

"Its nice to meet you too" he responds, "ive tuned into a stream once or twice, you seem cool"

"Thanks!" Tommy says, obviously pleased with the praise. He didnt seem to notice that Dream was supposed to be sick, so I decide to just drop the thought.

"Its nice to meet you, Dream" I say, finally looking up and meeting his eyes.

He keeps his eyes locked onto mine for a couple of seconds, before he grins at me, almost looking like he wanted to laugh at some sort of joke that I wasnt getting.

"Yeah, nice to meet you too" he responds, breaking out into another smile.

"Anyways theres a pizza place down the street, and I dont know about you guys but I'm really hungry" Wilbur interrupts "whos coming with?"

Everyone agrees on the hungry part, so in the next ten minutes everyone has packed up there stuff and put it in Wilburs car, so we cand walk to the food place.

Tommy and Wilbur are walking up front with Niki and Quackity just behind them, so that left me at the back with Ranboo and Dream.

"How are you liking New York so far?" Ranboo asks me after hes finished chatting to Dream about something I wasnt paying attention to.

"I think its really beautiful at night, and the atmosphere doesnt seem to die down no matter what time it is" I tell him, trying to sound confident.

"Yeah, thats one of the perks of living here, you can basically do whatever, whenever and nobody really cares" Ranboo smiles, trying to keep the conversation going.

"Do you live in the city?" I ask Ranboo, now settling down.

"Yeah, Im living with Dream right now, but sometimes I crash at other friends places"

Dream finally breaks his silence and laughs.

"No, you spend way more time at their places than you do mine" he says. "I'm lucky if I can get you over like, two days a week now".

"Oh I'm sure you just feel so betrayed, dont you?" Ranboo asks dramatically whilst laughing.

"No, I could have any roomate I wanted" he grins, his eyes landing on me again.

"I bet George would live with me for a while if I asked him too" Dream pounces.

I can tell hes just harmlessly teasing me, just trying to make conversation, so I start to laugh.

He breaks into another ear splitting smile, whilst Ranboo keeps laughing with me.

"Wouldnt you George?" Dream asks, continuing his playfulness.

"Yeah, totally" I reply, making eye contact with him.

His soft stare makes me unknowingly start to shiver. I dont know why he keeps looking at me, but I like it.

Dream drops his smile and keeps looking me up and down.

Quackity turns around to ask Ranboo a question, so Ranboo heads up to chat to him and Niki, leaving it to just me and Dream.

We walk in silence for a minute or two, before Dream crooks his head down to just the top of my ear and whispers,

"Are you cold?"

It takes everything inside me to not die on the spot right there and then as his warm breath hits the top of my ear.

I turn my head up to answer him, only to realize he hadnt moved his face from my ear, and now his face was just inches from mine.

He stares directly into my eyes, before he starts laughing and walking again, grabbing my hand to pull me along with him, to make sure the others didnt realize we were missing.

"No" I respond, turning to look at him once again.

"What?" he asks, looking at me and raising and eyebrow.

"Im not cold" I tell him with a small smile.

As we're walking along, he lets go of my hand i forgot he was holding and begins to shrug off his sweater.

After a few seconds, I realize what hes doing.

"Dream im fine, honestly" I object.

I feel like my hearts in my chest, what the fucks happening to me?

"No, take it, I can tell your cold" he replies, handing his sweater to me. I stare at him and he nods, grinning.

"Are you sure?" I ask him, still unsure of what to do. I can feel myself beginning to redden.

Dream starts to laugh, noticing my blush. "Of course im sure" he replies, still smiling slightly.

I pull his sweater over my head, and in that moment im glad he'd given it to me.

It was still warm from when he'd had it on, and it smelt like fresh mint. We both had to jog to catch up with the others.

I feel calmed down now that id actually talked to Dream, but I still had a feeling in the pit of my stomach, a happy feeling, that I wasnt ready to let go of just yet.

We eventually reach the pizza place, and we all crowd in and sit down to order. It felt odd being out this late, its not something id normally do back in London. Dream sits beside me, and everyone goes back to chatting.

Dream looks down at me. "Hey George"

"Hm?" I respond looking up at him.

"Youre cute when you blush"

-

-

-

authors note
•hi!! im just letting you guys know that if theres going to be mature scenes or language or any tws are needed then i will put them in at the start of the chapter.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

358K 8.1K 21
[Complete] Dream x GeorgeNotFound George sat on his bed as he thought about everything in his life. He thought he had everything he could pos...
1.1K 66 16
George being the son of a mayor and Dream being the talk of the town for his sinful acts. Two boys from different worlds who's paths never seemed to...
478K 11.7K 14
"You see the good in everything, George. That's why I like it when you look at me." From a young age, Dream has come to realize that love is complic...
1.3K 100 12
Going to the town's famous masquerade, it doesn't really turn out the way he expected as throughout the magical night, he finds himself attracted to...