"Thank You For Loving Me" [Ka...

By Kurooswifie

(Mostly just soft Kageyama) You are Hinata's childhood best friend, was supporting Hinata at his middle scho... More

Y/N's Info
When We First Met
Apartments Pt. 1
Apartments Pt. 2
We Meet Again
Let's Actually Talk
Dinner at the Hinata Residence
Match Day
Study Date
Convenience Store Date Pt.1
Convenience Store Date Pt. 2
Love Letter
Kageyama's Confession
Rainy Day
Bus Ride to Saitama
Training Camp Pt. 1
You and Me (Date Pictures)
Training Camp Pt. 2
Thank You For Loving Me Pt. 1
Thank You For Loving Me Pt. 2

You and Me

1.8K 49 47
By Kurooswifie

(The food is for later in the date)

Y/N laced her fingers with Kageyama's, "So what are we gong to do out here exactly."

"Now that we're actually out, I don't know what to do," Kageyama whispered.

"You're up for anything right?"

"Yeah, why'd you ask?"

"I was craving some ice cream, so can we go?" Y/N asked.

"Sure, as long as it's pretty close." Kageyama answered.

"Here lemme find something on my phone." Y/N said, taking her phone out.

Kageyama looked over her shoulder and looked at their options.  Y/N scrolled throught the options given.  The couple looked at each other, giving that stare telling each other which place would suffice.

"Let's go here, Huskey Geloto," Y/N said pointing at her phone, "it's the closest option and it's cheaper than the other places."

"Come on, we have a bus to catch," Kageyama said, lacing his fingers with Y/N's.

"Yep, as soon as I pull up the directions," Y/N replied with a smile.

The couple followed the GPS on Y/N's phone, all the way to the designated bus stop.  After boarding the bus, the two sat down for a ten minute ride to a stop near there.  Kageyama and Y/N was dropped off and they headed over to the corner store.

"Look Tobio san, we made it," Y/N cheered, "I can see the lights and the logo."

"Okay, hold up for me a bit." Kageyama said.

Y/N turned to Kageyama's face to see what he needed.  Kageyama adjusted the oversized hoodie that Y/N was wearing, from the sleeves to the collar.  He then gently patted Y/N's head and grabbed both of Y/N's hands.

"Now we're ready," Kageyama said with a smile, gently squeezing Y/N's hands.

Y/N could feel the butterflies in her stomach, as if she had fallen in love with him over again.  It wasn't only the hand squeeze that made her flustered, but it was his smile.  Y/N had always found Kageyama's smile as one of her favorite things about him.  No matter what anyone says about it, whether it was about how his face went weird or how his eyes squinted a bit, she would always love it.  She loved how big his smile would be when he's happy or excited, just like now.

Since it was a small business corner store, there wasn't anyone in line at the moment.  Kageyama pressed the service bell and the owner came from the kitchen near the back.  She wiped her hands before helping the two out.

"So did you guys decide on your orders yet?" the owner asked.

"We were wondering what you recommend from here," Y/N replied.

"Here's the menu, I recommend the Kiwi Fruit and Echigohime Strawberry," the owner said, handing the two a piece of paper on the table, "since it tastes best together and it's quite popular during the summer here."

"Yes thank you," Y/N replied, "we'll start discussing."

"That's great, ring the bell again once you've made up your mind," the lady said, "I have something to take care of in the kitchen, be right back."

The owner left for the kitchen while the two looked at the menu.

"I'll just get what she recommended, what about you Tobio san." Y/Nn said.

"I'll get the Milk and Mango combination," Kageyama replied.

Y/N started to giggle to herself while Kageyama watched, looking really confused.

"What happened?" Kageyama asked.

Y/N calmed herself down a bit, "No it's nothing, I just knew that you would choose the milk flavor."

Kageyama tried his best to change the subject, "L-let's just order our ice cream now."

"Alright Tobio san," Y/N said, pressing the bell again.

The owner came back out from the kitchen, "So have you decided?"

"Yes we have, I'll have the Kiwi Fruit and the Echigohime Strawberry combination," Y/N said, looking at the menu, "and my boyfriend will have the Milk and Mango combination."

"Those are great choices, and your total will be 1030 yen," the owner said, "I'll be right out with your order." (1030 yen = around 10 US Dollars)

"Yes thank you," Y/N replied.

"Here I'll pay," Kageyama said, once the lady left.

"Shouldn't we split the bill like we always do?" Y/N said, getting her money from the back on her phone out.

"Nope, I want to treat you tonight," Kageyama said.

Kageyama looked through his pockets until he was able to give Y/N "that look".

Y/N smiled to herself, "You forgot your money didn't you."

"Yeah," Kageyama mumbled.

"It's okay, you can repay me by taking us somewhere else," Y/N said.

"I promise, and I'll make sure it's fun for you too," Kageyama replied.

The owner came back out with the ice cream.  Y/N gave her the money while Kageyama received the ice cream.

"Have a nice night you too," the owner dismissed.

Y/N waved her back for the both of them, since Kageyama was still holding the ice cream.  The two headed over to a wooden bench close by another store.  They sat down and began eating the ice cream.

"This place makes really good ice cream," Kageyama started.

Y/N agreed, "I know right, I'm glad we chose to go here."

"Can I maybe try yours then?"

"Like trading cups?"

Kageyama shook his head, "No like feed me ... please."

"Yeah of course, here just open your mouth."

Y/N was scooped both flavors on to her spoon and fed it to Kageyama.

"Here try mine, it tastes just as good." Kageyama said.

"Really?"

Kageyama did the same as Y/N did before, and scooped both flavors on to his spoon.  Y/N ate his ice cream and gave him a thumbs up.

"Woah it really does taste equally good."

Kageyama gave Y/N a tiny smile, "Yeah, it really does."

The two ate in silence once again and watched a couple people pass the streets.  Since it was around eleven at night, there wasn't many people out.

"Hey I realize that there aren't many people here," Y/N commented, "it's pretty romantic isn't it?"

Kageyama nodded and continued to eat.  He listened to Y/N rant about how many people weren't here.  When Y/N talked, or did anything in general, his favorite thing to do was to watch her.  Kageyama watched her eyes glow with the light bulbs hanging at the small outlet.  He saw her small smile while her right leg bounced up and down due to excitement.  He saw her hands carefully holding the ice cream cup, since it was colder.

"Hey Y/N chan," Kageyama started, once Y/N stopped.

"Hmm?" Y/N responded.

Kageyama continued, "Do you think I'm a mean person?"

"Tobio san, where'd you get this?" Y/N said, "Of course you aren't mean, in fact you are really nice in your own way."

"I just remembered about my old team mates," Kageyama explained, "and I'm scared that I'll be left alone again."

"Tobio san, just remember the team is always here for you," Y/N reassured, "and if for some random reason they aren't, I'll still be here with you."

"Promise?" Kageyama put his pinkie out.

Y/N linked pinkies with her boyfriend, "Promise Tobio san."

The two let go and stacked their paper cups, since they were done with their ice cream.  Y/N took Kageyama's hand and held it, fingers entwined.

"Thanks for being on my side, Y/N chan." Kageyama said as he gently squeezed Y/N's hand.

"You're very welcome," Y/N said, standing up now, "so where should we go next?"

"Can we go to a park? I heard the ones in Saitama were really nice,"

Y/N let go of Kageyama's hand to find nice parks nearby.  Kageyama hugged Y/N from behind while they looked through to results.

"How about here, Kinchakuda Manjushage Park?" Y/N suggested, "it's only on train ride away."

"It does look nice at night and we will be home in one stop and a shorter bus ride," Kageyama added.

"Then it's decided, let's go there," Y/N said looking up at Kageyama, "I'll pull up the directions now."

The couple headed to a nearby station to board a train.  Judging from the empty streets from where the two were eating at, the trains weren't very crowded either.  After a short walk, they arrived at the park.

"We're finally here Tobio san," Y/N cheered, "let's go see the red spider lillys."

"Okay," Kageyama agreed.

The couple headed farther into the park and walked along the path.  The two looked around the place while holding hands.  Kageyama rubbed is thumb on to the back of Y/N's hand.

Kageyama had always enjoyed her presence.  Even though he doesn't show it much, he's over joyed whenever Y/N is near him or giving him attention.  Just having her by his side made his day no matter how bad the overall schedule was.  Y/N's presence had always made him smile on the inside.

Y/N started to talk, which snapped Kageyama out of his thoughts.

"You know Tobio san, I realized that you've been a bit touchier than normal," Y/N said with a smile.

"Oh, do you not like it?" Kageyama replied, looking down at Y/N.

She looked back up at him, "It's not that I don't like it, I really like it in fact.  But it's kinda out of place for you to do this, especially in public."

"Oh, are you wondering why then?" 

Y/N nodded, wondering what was going on.

"I'm touchier cause I wanted to see you more the entire day, and you weren't by my side for one," Kageyama admitted, "and two if I hugged you or kissed you anywhere at the training ground, I wouldn't hear the end of it from Tsukishima san."

"So that's why you touched me more in public huh," Y/N replied.

"Yeah, but there were less people anyways," Kageyama mumbled.

Y/N smiled and thought to herself, "Why is my boyfriend so adorable,"

The two turned to the right side of the path once there was a fork in the road.  The red spider lilies made the path a bit more mysterious than usual while the two walked.

"Looked Tobio san! There's a bridge here!," Y/N cheered.

She let go of Kageyama's hand and rushed over to the bridge.  She looked at the field of flowers below as Kageyama walked from behind to catch up.  The two had a gap between them, which was around two feet.

"It's a nice night isn't it," Y/N said as she looked down the bridge.

Kageyama nodded as he took glance at Y/N's features.  Her smile made him smile as he looked away to gaze at the stars above and the flowers below.

The city lights were easy to see, even though the scenery around them was different.  The wind blew softly because of the summer weather.  It was nice and quiet with the sounds of crickets chirping here and there.  All was nice under the stars where the two stood.

Y/N turned over to looked at Kageyama, "Tobio san..."

"Hmm?"

"I love you too,"

Kageyama looked over at Y/N with a surprised face, yet he was tearing up.  Y/N didn't expect the response of course and changed her smile to a worried face.

"You heard me today didn't you," Kageyama said, shaking Y/N's shoulders as tears streamed down his face.

"Yeah, but did I do something wrong?  Was it out of place or did you not like it?" Y/N panicked.

Kageyama hugged Y/N tightly as he sniffled, "No I liked it, a lot."

"Then why are you crying?" Y/N asked, pulling away from the hug.

Kageyama pointed at his face with both hands, "These are tears on joy Y/N chan, I'm sorry that I looked so sad."

Kageyama bent down a bit so Y/N could caress his face.

"That's fine, as long as I know that you aren't upset," Y/N said.

"Thanks by the way," Kageyama said, standing up properly now.

"What for Tobio san?"

Kageyama looked away from Y/N, "Um you'll just find out later, don't worry."

Y/N giggled to herself, "Okay Tobio san, whatever you say."

*Time skip due to more walking*

The couple were on the train now, heading back to the training camp grounds.  Y/N was currently sitting on Kageyama's lap while he had his arms around her.  The trains were pretty much empty since it was around 1 am by now.  Kageyama buried his head at the crook of Y/N's neck and smiled.  He felt content for once in his life, not stressing over anything.  Tonight belonged to the two of them; it was quiet just how Kageyama liked it.

Kageyama squeezed Y/N closer his body as she played with his fingers.  She then held his hands, rubbing the back of it with her thumbs.  It was quiet enough so Y/N could hear Kageyama's soft breath and heart beat.

Kageyama mumbled under his breath, "I love you Y/N chan, I love you,"

***********************************************************************************************

This chapter a shorter than mos others, but it still had more fluff than usual.  Sorry for the slow updates by the way, I had a science project due this week.  The chapter had 2148 words by the way.  Thank you for your time and happy reading.

- The Author

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.6K 287 10
-y/n doesn't fall in love, or at least that's what she'll say to anyone who asks her about getting into any kind of romantic relationship. however, a...
558K 14.8K 32
A fanfiction of you and your favorite Haikyuu character. Disclaimer: I do not own Haikyuu Hope you enjoy!! update; HUGE thanks to anyone who has rea...
663 2 7
•Credit goes to the artist• •Credit goes to the creator of Haikyuu!!• Hey! This is my first book on here, so - sorry if it sucks ass. I've always wa...
1K 7 22
the summer before your year in high school. you had to move to Miyagi Prefecture, due to your parents divorce. you where dating tukishima kei who you...