Beautiful Scars

By GodofVanity

Free finally, Draco and Blaise embark on their next adventure. However, they each run into something they did... More

Chp 1
Chp 2
Chp 3
Chp 4
Chp 5
Chp 6
Chp 7
Chp 9
Chp 10
Chp 11
Chp 12
Chp 13
Chp 14
Chp 15
Chp 16
Chp 17
Chp 18
Chp 19
Chp 20
Chp 21
Chp 22
Chp 23
Chp 24
Chp 25

Chp 8

2.4K 66 11
By GodofVanity

Draco's Pov

I took a deep as I turned around in my chair and glanced around my new room.

I'd had been in here for about an hour, but I had to admit that even though I had to deal with Granger, it was still really a nice upgrade from the dungeons. Now I had my own bathroom, the room was decorated in a lovely dark aesthetic, simplistic, and I had it all to myself.

No doubt, this dorm was a perfect reflection of the people who stayed in them.

I was particularly fond of my desk. It was much like my father's back home. The surface was smooth and cold to the touch. The silver designs carved into the black-stained wood were handmade. The drawers were weightless, and of course, had a secret compartment hidden in the middle.

A compartment that I'm sure I'll put to good use.

I looked back down at the parchment in front of me. Each year, I made a list of what I needed to do with my time at Hogwarts. I would always add things like hanging out with the guys or getting revenge on Peeves.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Excel at studies

Learn mother's magic

Head Boy duties

'Veela Issues'

Make the most of life

---------------------------------------------------------------------

I frowned down at the paper. 

This isn't going to be easy

I sighed and set down my quill, running my hands through my hair as I stood up and walked towards the bathroom. 

With a wave of my hand, the shower began to run. I threw off the boxers I had slept in and stepped under the hot water.

Quickly, the room filled with steam. Drops of water began to form on the glass barrier around me and glistened as they slowly descended towards the base of the shower.

With each breath I took, I could feel the warm vapor flowing in and out of my lungs. There was a subtle taste of mint in the air as well, much like one of the saunas we had back home.

I could feel the warmth spread throughout my body, causing my pores to open and soak in the moisture. 

Ever since my transformation, things like taking a shower became more than just an everyday habit. It became a way for me to step outside of myself and simply just be still. The intoxicating feeling of the water running over my skin felt as if I were a snake shedding its skin.

Each drop I felt, gave me a feeling that I simply couldn't explain. It was like I was born again and that anything I had done before was simply washed away.

If only it were that simple.

To my right, there was a shelf filled with products I had packed in my luggage. Naturally, my mother had decided to add a few miscellaneous items like sponges and different kinds of perfumed vials.

I often elected to ignore the things my mother packed for me, but perhaps this year something might come of use.

My eyes wandered over the different bottles of shampoo and conditioners and I ended up settling on the kind that my father often used for himself.

Once he had noticed my hair getting longer, he started to explain to me the importance of things like using a conditioner and the occasional brushing.

Thanks, dad.

I turned with my back to the showerhead and let it run against the back of my neck as I washed my hair. Another burst of warmth spread across my body and I let out a long sigh.

Classes shouldn't be too hard this year. I'll deal with patrol later on in the day, which leaves me a load of time to go to the courtyard and talk with mother about everything.

I closed my eyes and nodded to myself. 

Yeah, that'll work.

When I finished, I stepped out and walked over to my bed. My robes were already laid out, and as I got dressed, the smell of bacon began to creep into the room. 

I left the towel on my bed, and as I walked across the room to the door, I checked out my reflection in the mirror.

Perfect as always.

I pushed open the door and glanced back inside as I stepped out of the room. The room really was magnificent, and if I ever let my friends in here, I'm not sure if they would ever leave.

The hallway led out towards the common area. To my left was the leather loveseat that faced the large window. The sun shined through the glass causing me to squint and look over to the railing.

From downstairs, I could hear the sound of movement and the hissing of a burner against a pan. The fireplace was lit, and much to my surprise, the room wasn't a total wreck yet.

I guess despite being a Gryffindor, Granger at least had the decency of being organized. A trait that very few of her housemates seemed to share.

Especially the Weasleys.

As I walked towards the staircase, I noticed another hallway, which I assumed, led to Granger's room. 

I passed the archway and headed downstairs. Below me to my left, I could see into the kitchen, and as expected, there was Granger balancing a frying pan on one of the burners.

She was wearing a large yellow t-shirt and baggy pajama pants. Her hair was in a lazy bun and from what I could tell, she hadn't noticed me coming downstairs.

I stepped down into the kitchen towards the noisy witch and cleared my throat. "Is this what mornings are going to start looking like Granger?"

She froze and looked over at me. Her cheeks flushed red, "Oh, I thought you weren't here."

Unfortunately, I was not blessed with the same luxury.

I filled the tea kettle and placed it on a burner, meanwhile glancing over at the still-petrified Gryffindor, "Can I help you?"

She glared at me, "Well excuse me for feeling a little uncomfortable around you dressed like this."

I looked her up and down and turned back to the kettle.

"What's there to see?" 

We were quiet for the next few moments until the kettle went off. I poured myself a cup and watched as the steam floated towards the ceiling. It reminded me of the tree from last night.

I need to hurry up and start learning how to do that.

Granger had finished cooking her bacon and she was slowly maneuvering her way towards the kettle. I stepped in front of her and looked down at the witch, "What are you going for there?"

"I was getting some tea." She crossed her arms and looked back at me. "Would you mind moving so I can fill my cup?"

I sneered down at her. "Sorry, only made enough for one."

She shrugged. "Oh, that's fine."

Before I could react, she snatched the cup out of my hands and took a sip. "Hmm, I thought you seekers had reflexes." She smiled and turned around. "The tea is good though."

She walked away, leaving me glaring at her. 

I couldn't believe that just happened.

After I heard her door close upstairs, I refilled the kettle and waited for it to heat up. The entire kitchen smelled like Granger. It was strange. But I wasn't sure what was weirder. The fact that I could smell her over the bacon, or that I kind of liked it.

I shook my head and grabbed my cup. I pointed my wand at the kettle and made it heat up faster. After a quick scan around the dorm and kitchen, I poured my tea and headed out of the dorm.

The heavy door shut behind me, casting an echo throughout the corridor that it occupied.

As I got further away, the smell of Granger seemed to fade away.

What was the cause??

I sighed into my cup of tea as I reached the top of the stairs and began my hike down into the heart of the castle.

Instead of the Great Hall, something told me that I would have better luck finding my friends if I checked the Dungeons first.

The portrait opened the moment it saw me, and as I walked into the room, I was met with pure chaos.

"IT HAS MY HAIRBRUSH!"

Papers were flying everywhere, and I nearly got my head taken off by a mantle decoration. The first thing I noticed was Pansy, who was shooting spells around the room and screaming at something. Theo and Blaise were scrambling around scattered furniture trying to grab something out of the air.

I followed their gazes and found the source of what was going on. Aberfourth's bloody seagull was flying around the room and it had a pink plastic brush in its mouth.

The entire room was a wreck. So naturally, I decided to go sit in an armchair over in the corner of the room and watch the show continue on.

Pansy had red lipstick smeared across her face and she was angrier than I had seen her in years. She was shooting every spell she knew at this bird, and after nearly dying from the chandelier falling, Blaise and Theo decided to take cover behind an overturned table.

I set my empty cup on the table next to me and looked up the stairs toward the dorms. If anyone was asleep, they certainly weren't anymore.

None of my friends looked like they had slept that night, and the more I looked around, the more I started to like my dorm. 

The seagull noticed the safety of the two guys, and after circling the room and dodging a few spells, it dived for cover and nestled itself into Theo's arms. 

Pansy roared and started blasting the table with electricity, unaware of Blaise and Theo screaming, and me laughing from my seat.

A white flag appeared above the table, and after a few moments, Pansy seemed to notice. She flicked her wand and stopped her attack.

Slowly, Blaise immerged from behind the smoldering table. He was covered in dust and didn't look happy about it. Then, he was followed by Theo who was holding the seagull in his arms.

"Hey, baby." Theo squeaked. "Can you lower your wand?"

Pansy didn't answer. She was glaring at the bird with pure hatred, and if I was perfectly honest, I wasn't sure if Theo was going to die or not.

Blaise made eye contact with me. Mate, get me the hell out of here.

I smirked. What the hell happened?

He glared at me. I'll tell you later. GET ME OUT OF THIS!

I looked over at Theo. What about Nott?

What about him!? He's the one dating this psychopath!

I rolled my eyes and walked over to Pansy. "Hey Parkinson, are you done destroying everything?"

Hermione's Pov

I can't believe I just did that.

The moment the door closed behind me, I leaned back against it and slid down to the ground. My heart was racing, and everything that just happened, felt like it was in a dream. One moment I was making breakfast, then the next, I was walking up the stairs with his tea.

I was filled with triumph. Just like when I punched him all those years ago.

After a moment, I stood back up and set the cup down at my desk. It did taste alright, even if it was made by a jerk like Malfoy.

Maybe this year is going to be good after all.

I opened my wardrobe and started to get dressed. My first class wasn't going to start for another hour and I already had breakfast. 

I looked at my outfit in the mirror and smiled at the new badge gleaming. I had wanted this for so long and it was finally here.

If only Malfoy wasn't the Head Boy.

I frowned and sat down on my bed. When he surprised me in the kitchen, I was scared, but also surprised. He was different, and until this morning, I hadn't noticed just how much. 

He had gotten taller and his face was more defined. His hair was longer, and when I passed by him, he smelled like apples and cologne.

Harry and Ron had never smelled good, and after I spent the last year hiding out in the woods in a tent with them, I think I had enough. Gods now, that I was thinking about it, they were slobs. Harry wasn't as bad as Ron, but he seriously had a problem with washing his hair.

If either of them were sharing this dorm with me, the place would be in a wreck.

I looked over at the tea, I could think of a thousand ways to describe Malfoy, but as much as I hated to admit it, he was ... unique.

Not just because of his trademark smirk and silver hair, but also because I knew no one else like him. He was like a machine with no feelings at all.

What was I thinking? This was Malfoy. 

The guy tortured me for years because of my blood, and went out of his way to make sure that each and every year I've spent here, I knew that I was beneath him and his precious little pureblood family.

I glared over at the mug.

From this day on, I was done with the entire male species.

I entered the Great Hall and walked towards the Gryffindor table. It didn't take long to find Ginny's red hair, and when I reached the table, I slid into the seat next to her.

"Morning Gin."

She looked at me and smiled, "Hey you, I didn't see you come in last night."

Oh gods I forgot about that.

"I was summoned by the Headmaster last night," I said before taking a sip of her pumpkin juice.

"Oh wow," she nibbled on her toast, "What did they need?"

I smiled, "Well at first, I was worried about you guys getting in trouble up in the tower."

Ginny laughed, "Oh please, like any of MY parties could get interrupted. Plus, even if they were, I've got the Head Girl in my pocket."

"Oh, do you now?" I laughed, as I leaned into her.

"Absolutely." She said as she finished off her toast.

For a few minutes, she kept eating and I looked at my schedule. The room was soon filled with everyone and teachers were shuffling around their table excitedly talking to each other.

I smiled, They were happy to finally teach again.

"Hey, Mione."

I blinked and looked over at Ginny, "Yeah?"

She folded her arms and leaned towards me, "So, what happened with the Headmaster?"

"Oh right," I sat up and turned to face her, "I met the Head Boy last night."

Her eyes lit up with interest, "So who is it?"

I leaned closer to her, "It's Malfoy."

"You're kidding."

"I wish I was," I sighed, as I rolled my eyes and poked down at my plate.

We looked over at the Slytherin table, but couldn't find him. In fact, now that we were looking, there wasn't a single person at the table. It was completely empty.

"That's odd," Ginny said.

"Yeah," I nodded as looked over at McGonagall. The older witch seemed to have noticed their absence as well.

"Anyways," Ginny said turning back to look at me, "What's he like?"

I was taken aback, 'What do you mean?"

"What has he said to you so far?"

I took a drink of juice and thought about it. "A lot less than I expected actually."

She urged me on, as she reached across the table to grab something.

I looked down at the empty plate in front of me, 'Well he hasn't called me a mudblood yet."

Ginny grunted, "I'm sure he'll get around it."

I sighed, "He's actually been civil compared to the past years."

Ginny raised her eyebrows, "How so?"

"He hasn't really said a lot to me."

Ginny checked her watch, "Maybe that's a good sign."

On cue, the owls started soring into the Great Hall carrying packages and envelopes. I got my Daily Prophet and put some money into the pouch on the bird's ankle. Ginny was still looking up waiting for something.

I followed her gaze, "What are you expecting?"

"Something from Harry."

I nodded and looked down at my Dailey Prophet. There wasn't anything going on and it had quickly gotten boring.

Eventually, the owls had all left, and Ginny had gotten nothing.

I looked over at her and put my hand on her arm, "Are you okay?"

She sighed and looked down at the table, "I keep expecting him to respond."

For a moment we sat there in silence. I knew exactly what she was talking about. I didn't realize that they have been ignoring her too. I guess I never asked about it.

I reached over a grabbed her hand, "Hey listen."

She sniffled and looked up at me, "What?"

"Neither of them have talked to me either."

She rolled her eyes, "Why are they being this way?!"

I sighed, "I don't know."

She took a drink of her juice and I folded up the Prophet. Why were we both just sitting here hurting?

"I'll tell you what Gin."

"Yeah?"

I turned to face her, "From this day on, let's just focus on ourselves and forget about boys."

"You know what?" She grabbed my hands, "I'm tired of boys anyway. What good are they?"

"Right?"

She took a deep breath and sat up, "We're not just going to sit around and wait for them. If they want to talk to us, they need to go out of their way to make it happen."

I smiled, "So no boys?"

"No boys."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

153 20 18
⭐️I had such plans for this book but i completely lost motivation for it so i'm discontinuing it...i'm sorry but please enjoy what i do have written...
111K 2K 24
Shes liked him since fifth year, but he's liked her since first. Who knows what will happen if the two go together, The Slytherin Prince + The Gryfin...
335K 14.5K 54
After the Second Wizarding War, Malfoy found himself alienated from the majority of the school; his old friends just irritated him, all of Hogwarts'...
1.4M 40.5K 50
As the group of Slytherins sat down, Ginny noticed that Blaise was watching her, and when they made eye contact, he gave her a wink followed by a gri...