Time enough for love (lumity...

By Nuddy03

Amity finally found the courage to confess her feelings to Luz, only for it to end in disaster. As Amity tri... More

Confession and rejection
Confusion
Regret
Sympathy
Punishment
Fear
A plan to find mittens
Searching for Mittens
Mittens found
Stay with me
Tough talks
A new guest in the boiling isles
Sleepover
Sleepover part 2
A rough day
Unrequited love
A strange encounter
The next 6 days part 1
The next 6 days part 2
Meteor shower
Interrogation
Roses are red
Violets are blue
It's I against I
And me against you
Do it for her
That's how you know you can win
A/N
Battle at Blight manor
A tortured past
Amity's mind
A dreaded message
This chapter may be ending
Easter special (non canon)
But the story is just beginining
Christmas special (canon)
Sequel out!!

The times we look back on

1.8K 45 150
By Nuddy03

Amity POV
I was standing in a dark void. Nothing around. I looked at my hands but I couldn't see them through the darkness. It was suffocating, it was surround me, encasing me in nothingness. Suddenly a burning red light was piercing the dark. I stumbled towards it. After about 30 seconds I reached the light. It was a book with a demonic symbol burning a deep menacing red. It felt malicious but also like it was calling to me. I reached my hand out to touch it.

I woke up in a cold sweat. I felt myself breathing rapidly and had to wait a moment before getting up as I had forgotten I was sleeping at the owl house. I propped myself up on Luz's bed that she insisted I sleep on. She had refused to listen to me when I said I would sleep on the couch and had eventually just jumped on the couch and refused to move. I had considered summoning an abomination to move her but instead I just conceded and slept in her room. I glanced out the window and thought I saw a shadowy figure dash past it but when I took a closer look I couldn't see anything. I shrugged and turned around to investigate Luz's room. She had a whole bunch of weird and wonderful stuff. Calling the blanket and pillow Luz slept on a "bed" was a bit of an exaggeration. It wasn't the most comfortable thing in the world but it certainly seemed better than the couch Luz had sentenced herself too. There was also drawings strewed around the room, doodles of Azura and other characters I don't recognise. One was a boy dressed in some odd cloak with a lightning bolt scar holding what looked like a training wand. Another was a boy with sea green eyes holding a bronze sword with a glowing trident hovering above him.

One drawing caught my eye in particular. It was a beautiful drawing of me and Luz. We were wearing the outfits we had worn at Grom. I decided to indulge in the memory. I had been so stressed the whole day. First about asking Luz to go to grom with me then about how I was going to face my fear. Luz had taken my place as grom queen. She had done that for me! But she had ended up being so scared. We ended up beating grom together and that dance we shared had been the best moment of my life. I had been so scared of the rejection Luz might give but even though I didn't get to ask her I ended up dancing with her anyway.
"Well your fear ended up coming true anyway didn't it?" My mind mocked. The happiness I felt from the nostalgia faded as I was reminded of the worst moment of my life. I wish so much that I could just erase that moment from time. I wish I could go back to before I kissed Luz and erase it from existence. Yeah Em said I had to confess my feelings eventually and that it was better that I had but I disagree. Before i always could have hope, hope that maybe Luz felt the same, hope that maybe one day I could be with her. But now... that hope is gone. Luz doesn't feel that way about me. I had been so sure too.

Flashback

I was walking in the corridors of hexside. I was looking fir my siblings. This was unusual behaviour for me, usually I tried to avoid them at school to avoid the risk of them embarrassing me but for once I need their help. I turn the corner and see them hanging out with Viney and Jerbo as usual. They're laughing quite a bit so I feel a little awkward approaching but I desperately need their advice on this one.

"Hey, um, Ed, Em can we talk." I say.
The twins look at me surprised at the fact that I approached them. "Can you guys give us a minute?" Em asks Viney and Jerbo. The two nod their heads and walk away.
"What's up mittens?" Ed asks innocently.
"I need your guys help" I admit.
The two glance at each other. "With what sis?" Em asks.
"I have a crush on Luz" I say quietly, so quiet that they didn't hear.
"Speak up mittens." Ed teases.
I feel my face growing redder "I have a crush on Luz" I say again louder this time.
The two of them smile "is this news to you or?" Ed teases.
I look up, surprised. "You guys know."
The two chuckle "yeah mittens it's easy to tell."
I feel myself blush more "am I really that obvious?"
"Yep" Ed says emphasising the P.
"I think the only one who hasn't figured it out is ironically Luz." Em adds.
I breathe a sigh of relief. "At least Luz doesn't know" I think to myself. "Well what should I do?" I ask desperately.
"Well how much do you like her?" Em asks.
I think for a moment. I think about how she makes me feel happy in my worst days. I think about her smile, her laugh, the way she gets so excited when talking about things she cares about. I smile softly as thoughts of Luz dance around my head.
"Think we got our answer." Ed teases which snaps me out of my trance and I blush heavily and try and hide my face.
"Awww mittens has a crush." Em laughs.
"Fine if you won't be any help" I turn away annoyed.
"Mittens wait." Em says grabbing my arm. "We'll help."
"R-really" I ask "no jokes no pranks."
"Mittens we can see how important Luz is too you, of course we'll help in anyway we can." Em offers a comforting smile.
"Plus you shouldn't have much trouble" Ed adds "we're pretty sure she feels the same way."
I state at him shocked "r-really" I say joy suddenly filling me.
"Pretty confident yeah."
"So we'll help you" em says "and don't worry about mum and dad we'll always cover for you" she continues.
"Thanks guys" I say with a few tears in my eyes "this means so much to me."
Ed ruffles my hair "we know mittens. Now let's figure out how to get you two together."

Return to present

I wipe a few tears from my eyes. I'm glad that my confession to Luz didn't make things awkward between us. She means so much to me and so I'm glad I still get to be her friend but still... I want to be so much more. But eventually I'll move on. It may not be for a while but eventually I'll get over the fact she doesn't feel the same way about me even if it hurts now. And when I do get over it, who knows maybe Zoe will be available. I chuckle to myself.  I start to get ready. I only ever sleep in a top and underwear so I find my uniform that I had luckily brought with me, and I place them in the bed. I take my top off before noticing that the door was open behind me. I look around to see Luz standing there with a tray of food and a glass of juice. We lock eyes for a moment before screaming in unison.
"OMG Amity I'm so sorry I didn't know you were up."
I grab a shirt and try to cover up best I could, blushing an insane amount. "I-uh need a sec. c-come b-back in a moment" I stutter. Luz closes the door and I bury my tomato red face in my hands. "Omg Luz just saw me practically naked, why must the universe treat me so?" I think to myself as I finish getting dressed.

Luz POV
"Omg omg omg omg omg omg omg" my mind is racing and I feel my face burning red. "I walked on Amity naked, I walked in... AND SHE WAS NAKED" I bury my face in my hands and groan. "This is so embarrassing" I whine to myself. She probably hates me now, I just totally disregarded her privacy. I had noticed something a little concerning, it was how skinny Amity was, I could see the majority of her ribs as clear as a skeletons. Dr Venat was right she really isn't eating properly.

I hear a knock behind me. "L-Luz" I hear amity stutter "I'm d-dressed." I get myself off the ground and open the door. Amity is standing there in her usual uniform her face still red.
"Amity I'm so sorry I didn't kn" I begin before Amity interrupts "it's okay" she said "you couldn't have known, let's just... try and not dwell on it too much."
I nod my head and pick up the tray I had been carrying. I didn't know if you were awake so I brought you some breakfast."
Amity's face grows pale as she looks at the toast. "I-I'm not hungry."
I give her a concerned look "amity you need to"
But she interrupts me again "we need to get to school or we'll be late." She begins down the stairs and I give a heavy sigh before following her down.

"You kids ready for your horrid day of creativity destruction." Eda jokes.
"I- pardon?" Amity questions.
"Eda isn't an amazing fan of school." I explain.
"Nothing more than governmental control meant to stifle originality and turn people into squares." Eda continues.
"Okay Eda enough." I joke back. I walk over to king who is happily drawing himself as a towering demon. "Bye bye king love you cutie" I give him a few kisses on his little head before me and Amity leave the house.

As we approach the school I spot Zoe solemnly walking towards the entrance. It looks like she's been crying. "I wonder if she's upset about yesterday?" I wonder to myself. Zoe had admitted her feelings for Amity to me. She had told me she wouldn't pursue a relationship with her cause she knew my feelings. But this decision seemed to be really affecting her "maybe it's better if I let her get with Amity instead."
"Is that Zoe?" Amity asked suddenly.
It snapped me out of my thoughts and I turned to her. "Yeah I think so." I answer.
"She looks sad." Amity comments.
"Yeah" I say "she does."

Emira POV
This morning had been odd. Mum and dad had seemed uncharacteristically calm and okay with the fact that mittens was completely absent. In fact they seemed pleased at something. They're up to something I just don't know what yet.
"Zoe?" I say as I spot the blue haired girl walking solemnly to class.
She looks up at me surprised at my sudden voice. She quickly wipes some tears from her eyes and forces a smile. "Hey Em what's up?" She asks innocently.
"You don't have to do that." I say.
"Do what?" She asks in the same cheery tone.
"Pretend everything is alright when it's not." I continue "you were crying. Do you wanna talk about it."
"I-I" she stutters before signing deeply and crying some more. "I've got a lot on my mind right now is all."
"Wanna talk about it?" I ask her.
She sighs "well I took your advice and spoke to Luz."
"And?"
"Well she's definitely in love with Amity" tears start falling from her eyes. "And I said I wouldn't get involved but it's hard to."
"I understand kid" I give her a reassuring smile.
"Also..." she pauses "there's something important I have to do." I give her a concerned look "but I don't know if I'll be able to go through with it."
"Well I don't know what it is you need to do but you're a brave kid I can tell." She looks up at me "if what you need to do is important you'll be able to. Trust me."
"Thank you Em, you're one of the good ones."
She walks into the school as the bell screams "one of the good ones" I whisper to myself. What does she mean by that?

Eda POV
Me and king made our way into the market in order to scam more foolish dummies. We had been there for a while when king turned to me.
"Do you think that Amity girl will be alright." His voice was laced with concern. He can be a bit silly sometimes but king is caring even though he'll never admit it.
"As long as Luz is with her she'll be alright." I give him a smile. "You big ol ball of concern." I tease.
"The king of demons is never concerned" he defends.

Before we continue I see an extended arm flying towards me. I dodge out the way to see that same annoying guard.
"Owl lady you will not escape my love this time." He sends his weird extending arms at me again which I dodge with little effort. I summon my staff "you really need to take a hint jeez" I mock.
I spin my staff and send a beam of fire at him. He propels himself up with his arms and launches himself at me. I roll to the left but find myself encased by and abominations arms. I try and use more magic but suddenly feel my body in agony. "No no no not now" I mumble. The curse will take over soon and I'll definitely get carted off to the conformitoriam. Either that or straight to the emperor himself.

As try and struggle against the abomination suddenly I hear fighting followed by multiple groans of the guards. The abomination suddenly disappears. "What" the guard says before a figure appears behind him and punches him in the gut. He doubles over and falls to the ground unconscious.
"Honestly Eda I've been here about 5 minutes and I've already had to save your feathered ass." I hear a familiar cocky voice and I look up to see our long awaited guest.
"Nick" I say "took you long enough."
He gives an exaggerated bow "good to see you too Eda. Now how about we try again and maybe a thank you this time."
I snort "don't flatter yourself, I had that under control."
"Oh if course" he grins "I don't doubt it" he says in his usual cocky and sarcastic voice.
"Let's just get out of here shall we." I retort.
"Probably best." He responds as we head back to the owl house.

Odalia POV
As I finished clearing up the table from breakfast I see Alador walk into the room with a devilish grin on his face. "You seem happy love" I state "I'm guessing your meeting with Emperor Belos went well."
"It did my sweet" he responds "as soon as she's finished with her current assignment Lilith will be helping us with our 'family situation'."
I grin back at him "excellent news."
"Have you heard anything from our little 'birdie'" he asks.
"Oh yes everything is going accordingly, that pitiful child of ours will be back soon enough. I'm sure with the boiling isles 'new addition' we'll be keeping well informed about what is occurring in our little daughters life." We both laugh devilish, everything is playing out exactly as we need it to.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

77.8K 2.1K 44
17 year old Luz Noceda never expected to go to Hexide High, one of the biggest schools in the country. She wanted to start over fresh after her bad e...
10.2K 223 23
What if the group never escaped to the Human Realm? What if they defeated the Collector and brought peace to the Isles? What if Luz fixed the portal...
72.8K 1.6K 28
══ "you steal everything from me, the beat from my heart, the breath from my lungs, the thoughts from my mind, - yet i only want you to steal more."...
21.6K 773 21
With a great life now in the Boiling Isles Luz finally returns to the human realm again. Promising Amity that she would come back. But when the day c...