Her Beautiful Innocence

By iguessiwritebooksnow

❝How did we get here?❞ I asked him as he twirled my hair between his fingers. He lifted my head up from his c... More

Prologue ♥ | 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙽𝚎𝚠 𝚃𝚘𝚠𝚗
Chapter 1 | 𝚃𝚠𝚘 𝙽𝚎𝚠 𝙵𝚛𝚒𝚎𝚗𝚍𝚜
Chapter 2 | 𝙼𝚎𝚎𝚝𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝙿𝚎𝚛𝚜𝚘𝚗 𝚆𝚑𝚘'𝚕𝚕 𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚗𝚐𝚎 𝚖𝚢 𝙻𝚒𝚏𝚎
Chapter 3 | 𝙿𝚛𝚒𝚗𝚌𝚎𝚜𝚜
4 | 𝒫𝒶𝓎 𝒜𝓉𝓉𝑒𝓃𝓉𝒾𝑜𝓃
5 | 𝐿𝒶𝓎𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝓂𝓎 𝑒𝓎𝑒𝓈 𝑜𝓃 𝒽𝑒𝓇
6 | 𝒯𝒽𝑒 𝑅𝑒𝓃𝒹𝑒𝓏-𝒱𝑜𝓊𝓈
7 | 𝐻𝑜𝓃𝑔 𝒦𝑜𝓃𝑔
8 | 𝓢𝓽𝓸𝓹𝓹𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓘𝓽
9 | 𝓛𝓪𝓹-𝓢𝓲𝓽𝓽𝓲𝓷𝓰
10 | 𝓙𝓮𝓪𝓵𝓸𝓾𝓼𝔂
11 | 𝓔𝓷𝓮𝓶𝓲𝓮𝓼
12 | 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔊𝔦𝔣𝔱
13 | 𝔉𝔯𝔢𝔢
15 | ℜ𝔢𝔞𝔩𝔦𝔱𝔶
16 | 𝒢𝑒𝓃𝒾𝑒 𝒾𝓃 𝒶 𝐵❀𝓉𝓉𝓁𝑒
17 | 𝒢𝑜𝑜𝒹𝒷𝓎𝑒
18 | 𝒮𝒸𝓇𝒶𝒷𝒷𝓁𝑒 𝒫𝒾𝑒𝒸𝑒𝓈
19 | 𝒯𝒽𝑒 𝒮𝑒𝒸𝓇𝑒𝓉 𝑀𝑒𝑒𝓉𝒾𝓃𝑔
20 | ᴊᴀᴄᴋᴇᴛ
21 | ᴀ ʟɪꜰᴛ
22 | ᴄᴀʀ ʀɪᴅᴇ
23 | ᴅᴀᴛᴇ
24 | 𝐏𝐨𝐬𝐭-𝐈𝐭 𝐍𝐨𝐭𝐞
25 | 𝐍𝐨𝐭 𝐀𝐥𝐥 𝐑𝐮𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐬 𝐀𝐫𝐞 𝐋𝐢𝐞𝐬
26 | 𝐔𝐧𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰𝐧 𝐍𝐮𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫
27 | 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐎𝐯𝐞𝐫
28 | ᵀʰᵉ ᴬᵈᵈʳᵉˢˢ
29 | "ˢʰⁱᵗ"
30 | ₃ ₐ.ₘ.
31 | ˢᵗᵃⁿᵈⁱⁿᵍ ᵁᵖ ᶠᵒʳ ᴹʸˢᵉˡᶠ
32 | ♥ ᴘɪɴᴛᴇʀᴇꜱᴛ ♥
33 | ♥ ᴛʀᴀᴘᴘᴇᴅ ♥
34 | ♥ ʏᴏᴜ ᴏᴡᴇ ᴍᴇ ♥
35 | ♥ ᴛʜᴇ ᴄᴀʟᴍ ʙᴇꜰᴏʀᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ꜱᴛᴏʀᴍ ♥
36 | 𝒩𝑜 𝒫𝓁𝒶𝓃 𝐵
37 | 𝓖𝓸𝓷𝓮
38 | 𝓔𝓼𝓬𝓪𝓹𝓮
39 | 𝓣𝓪𝓴𝓮𝓷
40 | 𝐆𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐇𝐞𝐫 𝐁𝐚𝐜𝐤
41 | 𝐏𝐮𝐧𝐢𝐬𝐡𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭
42 | 𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐝 𝐒𝐭𝐞𝐩
Epilogue ♥ | 𝐓𝐨𝐠𝐞𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫

14 | 𝔏𝔢𝔱𝔱𝔦𝔫𝔤 𝔏𝔬𝔬𝔰𝔢

14.3K 309 69
By iguessiwritebooksnow

Sophia's POV

First off, I didn't know how to start. I scanned the crowd for some help. Everyone was dancing wildly—friends jumping up and down, arms in the air—others more in a physical kind of way—bodies grinding against each other, hands on their partners. And then there are people who're just talking animatedly, holding drinks in their hands.

I made eye contact with Liv, she saw in which position I was bringing myself, so she mouthed to me 'just dance' and something like 'feel the beat'. I nodded at her tensely and looked at the boy in front of me. He seemed pretty drunk and hopefully wasn't going to remember this in the morning, and if he would, we'd, with any luck, never cross paths again.

I started putting my weight on my left foot slightly, then my right—shuffling a bit on the rhythm of the music. It was a mix between the Pop and 'Sensual' genres. The kind of music that makes you want to strip in slow-motion or move your body in a specific way in your own bedroom at night. How innocent I might seem; I think everyone has felt like this before at least once.

One of the many reasons why I like this music is because it makes me feel myself, I feel...powerful
I closed my eyes, trying to make the people in this house disappear. I imagined that I was all alone in my room. It was dark, the lights off and curtains shut—nobody could see me.

I started humming along the lines of the song and begun drawing the tips of my fingers up my body. My pace was unhurriedly as I was still trying to clear my mind. Ignoring my apprehensive and overthinking thoughts as hard as I could. No one's watching you, Sophia. No one will remember this night. It's a party, you dance, just like everyone else. You are no different. You won't stand out.

I put my hands in my hair and moved my hips to the tempo. I got this, I told myself repeatedly. I opened my eyes and met the boy's eyes in front of me. They were staring back at me, my body, and for some purpose, I felt good. Good about myself.

He took a step closer and I let him. I felt his warmth radiate off of him. He was taller than me, not a lot though. I turned around, my back tenderly grazing against his chest. I added some power to the movements of my hips, they were now against his front. I've never touched a boy there before, ever. I haven't even kissed a boy, and now I'm pressing myself against some stranger at a party my parents don't know I'm at.

But I'm doing it. I'm finally doing what everybody tells me to do: letting loose.

His hands found my waist and rested them there, while I leaned my head back and put it on his shoulder. We went together like one person, one slanting against another. Never have I ever been this intimate with a person before. The alcohol really did some things to my mind, without it I'd probably be in the bathroom, hiding from everyone.

I placed my hands behind his neck and they lightly touched his hair. Our bodies were moving synch and I felt him pull me around to come face to face with him. He moved in leisurely, tentative to if he should take his chance or not. I think he was about to kiss me. I wasn't ready, but he placed his hand on my cheek.

I'm not prepared for this, came through my head. If I was going to have my first kiss, I want to give it to someone special. Someone else... 

I know, I know, what a cliché and ragged line, but it's authentic. I'll dance and go out with a stranger, but not do anything more.

I drew away, my eyes extensive. He looked at me with astonishment, his face twisted into a mortified and regretful expression. He knew that I didn't want to kiss him, he found out the hard way.

I instantly felt bad for him, he gave the impression of a nice guy. "I'm sorry...I'm just not ready for that," I said over the music. He seemed to understand me as he nodded and looked down, disappointed. What do I do now?

I opened my mouth to speak, but he was making the 'nice guy' disguise fade as he said, "No, it's fine. I understand." His tone was harsh and offended, maybe even pity. He turned on his heels and vanished in the mass of teenagers. Well, there goes my dance-partner.

I searched for Liv in the crowd and noticed that we separated, I could still make out her frame though. I recognised the outfit she wore. I didn't want to ruin her moment—it looked as if she was having a pleasurable time. She came all this way with her car for me, why not let her have her fun? I alleged as I twisted around.

I need a drink.
Hah! Never thought I'd hear myself say that.

I made myself as thin and small as possible, slipping through the crowd. I found the kitchen again and sighed in relief. There were less people in here, it was more open and I had more space to breath. Dancing can really make you feel exhausted.

I saw a few kids making out or chatting in little groups. Luckily, no one witnessed me—or so I thought.

I found my old cup back and filled it half-full of the same liquid Liv did. I put the edge of the plastic against my mouth, about to tilt it over, but a hand from behind me came into view and halted the action by putting his hand on the cup. I could tell by the veins and strong built that it was a guy's. I never thought I could find a person's hand appealing, but damn...

I felt his breath on the side of my neck from behind me. It was hot and damp, it smelled a bit of alcohol, but not as bad as I've encountered before. There was still a hint of mint in there.

"That's the first thing they learn kids not to do at a party," the voice spoke closely to my ear. My breath hitched in my throat as I realised who it was. There was only one person I know who had a rough and low, yet velvety and silky voice. You can guess it—Grayson.

He gently took the cup out of my hold and I let him, not knowing what he was talking about. He put it on the counter again and twirled me around, his hands securely yet moderately on my shoulders. He came in closer, and for a second, I believed I was going to have to pull away for the second time today, but he didn't do what I thought he would.

He tuck a strand of hair behind my ear. I shivered when his voice met my ears. "Hasn't anyone told you before that you can't, in any situation, leave your drink unattended and then proceed to drink from it." His voice was deeper and huskier than usual, which surprised me. Was he mad?

"Why?" I asked assiduously. He stared at me in disbelief. I shrugged shortly and looked up at him. My neck was going to be sore if I had to do this for much longer, he was that tall compared to me.

"Something...could happen. Something bad." He acted uncomfortable, which was uncommon for him. "Just promise me you won't do it again," he almost pleaded.

"But my cup was empty, I just refilled it," I replied, he didn't seem happy with my stubbornness.

"It doesn't matter, okay? Just...promise me?" He was begging me by now. I didn't know why but didn't question it—he seemed desperate enough already. I nodded unwillingly.

"Words, Love. I need to make sure you won't do it again," his tone was sincere and demanding, but somehow it was still enthralling.

"I promise," my voice was soft, but he was so concentrated on my face, I was convinced he heard me.

"Good." It made me feel some type of way, my stomach dropped. I've never felt it before and I'm not sure if it's a good or bad thing. What was this what I always felt around him? He has more affect on me than the alcohol that penetrated my body tonight.

We just stood there, staring at each other for a while, no one said anything. It wasn't silent, there was music and babble everywhere, but it seemed distant. And I couldn't deny the butterflies that fluttered madly in my stomach.

I wondered if he felt the same. Probably not. I mean, why would he?

All the confidence I had left my body when he arrived. I'm nothing diverse from all the girls he's talked to, except they did actually look stunning. I undoubtedly looked like a child associated to them.

"I'm gonna go back now," I said awkwardly. No. Girl, don't let him influence you like this. You're way stronger than this.

"I don't think he still wants to dance with you. You've turned him down, and it was pretty painful to watch, honestly," Grayson said, raising a mocking brow at me. How...How did he know that? Was he looking at us?

I was going to confront him about it but decided against it. Don't waste your time on him, Sophia. "I'll have no problem finding a new partner," I replied. I was content with the amount of self-assureness that was in my voice, because on the inside, I was uncertain.

He looked impressed for a second, but covered it up with a smug look instead. "You're right about that." And he set out his hand. I cautiously placed mine in his, he locked his hand around mine and smiled. It was a combination between a smirk and a smile, and it looked unbelievably good on him. Gosh, everything looked good on him.

He towed me after him to the big living room again, where everyone was dancing. The music has changed into a more 'lascivious' beat and the people moved their bodies together in more gracefulness. You could see the change of mood in people.

I saw some kids go up the stairs—wow, this house is, like, double-sized mine—and pondered over what was going on there. Is there another party? Maybe there's more food and drinks.

I completely forgot about it when I felt Grayson twirling me around once. I was with my back against his hard chest. Even through the black shirt he was wearing you could feel just how toned he really was. His head lowered to my ear and his breath hit my neck. "I saw you dancing before and wondered if you do dancing as a sport," he asked. 

I felt myself literally become breathless, just because the most handsome man I have ever seen was talking to me. Me, of all people. Now that I think about it, where did that other slender girl go to?

"I did dancing for a few years when I was younger, but then stopped," I answered, and I think he could hear how deep breaths I was taking to calm myself. My chest itself was evidently heaving and falling on a rather quick pace, but I tried to control it. 

"You stopped, why? It looks like you enjoy it," he whispered again. He knows exactly what he's doing to me. Making it look like an innocent conversation... He's not fooling me!

"I did, but my parents didn't want me to continue. They said the style of dance I chose was too...sexual. Or something like that." I was surprised that I hadn't stuttered once this whole night. Probably the alcohol making me much more open and less shy. Because I have no clue why I'm telling him my life.

"They stopped you from doing something you loved because they didn't like it?" he asked me, sounding confounded. I nodded my head, knowing he'd feel it as my head was resting against his chest. This feels nothing like dancing with the other boy. This felt way more...connecting

They told me in dance class that if I wanted to partner-up with someone, it had to be a person you trust or have a liking for, or else it won't feel or look as attached as you're supposed to. 

So, did I trust him? Or did I 'have a liking' toward him? I don't know. At the moment I didn't know anything, only that I felt something between us. Is it wrong that I liked the feeling, maybe even loved?

"Yeah, I guess..." If he puts it like that it did sound a bit disagreeable, but they were still my parents, they had the right to that. Didn't they?

"Well, if you ask me, I think that you should do whatever you love and pleases you, no matter what others thinks of it. Especially not if it's because they don't like it," he spoke with a hint of disgust in his voice. His words were kind and caring, but I didn't understand. Why does it matter to him?

"Well, I didn't ask you, did I?" I said, and shocked myself with that. At least he couldn't see my face, it would have made him laugh. I don't know where that sass came from, but it definitely had to do with the drink I drank. I would never have said this without a little push, which the alcohol succeeded to make. 

I was thinking of that moment in the cafeteria, where he kissed Josephine in front of me, and that he has all these girls gaping at him continuously. It mad me angry for some reason, maybe I was jealous. I didn't want to be, but it was the only probability I could think of, and I didn't want to lie to myself.

"You really are an entirely new person when you've drank, huh?" I could hear some amusement and bewilderment in there. Did he not take what I said seriously? 

"Yeah well, it's the first time I'm at a party like this. So if you don't mind, I'd like to not waste my time with unimportant chatter and start dancing," I boldly responded with. This, however, wasn't verifiable - I did like talking to him, a lot. There wasn't one time that I haven't cherished speaking to him, but he didn't need to know that.

"I'm alright with that," he said, whirling me around again. Was he telling me he wanted to dance with me? I must be hallucinating, right? This is just one big dream and I'll wake up in a matter of time. So why not have some fun while it lasts?

I raised my brows, kind of in a daring way as if asking him are you sure you can handle it? He answered with an excited smirk and I looked him up and down, thinking where to start. I was planning on stealing some dance moves of a routine we used to practice in my class and use it on him. I wanted to see his reaction when I did. 

I took a step closer, trying my best to look as seductive as possible, without actually trying too hard. Everything in the dark looks better for this kind of thing. The shadows that fell on my face and body, sometimes a streak of light making my face cleared to him. 

I put my hands on the front of his chest, my fingers gliding over his shirt so delicately, he'd barely feel it. I dragged them across his upper-body while circling him slowly. I was pretty decent at this, I've had a few years of practice, of course. 

When I came face to face with his front again, I bent my knees and dropped to the bottom carefully, my fingertips lingering over his muscular arms. I can understand why my parents didn't want me to do this dance, it could get a little personal. But that still doesn't make it okay. Grayson gave me a new point of view, and I was thankful for that, although I didn't show it. 

Perhaps I'm also doing this to prove something to my parents, or just to make them mad, even though they'll hopefully never find out about this.  

I came back up and turned my back to him, deliberately brushing my back and bottom against him. I felt him stiffen, which caused me to almost stop, but I remembered my teacher telling me to be professional about mistakes and never actually make them look like errors. 

The reason why I wanted to stop was because it has happened before, when I did this dance move on a boy in my class, he also always tensed up. Like I did something wrong or hurt them, although I don't know what. 

I ignored it and moved on, putting my arms behind his neck and into his hair, my backside still skimming across him. He neared his head next to mine and his hot breath fanned my shoulder through the thin, lacy material. "Do you really want to do this?" he whispered darkly. 

Do I really want to do this? Do I want to play this wicked game of his? Am I ready to play with the Devil? 

"You owe me now. Are you ready?" he asked again. "Cause I sure am..." It sent shivers throughout my whole body and I held in my breath for a few seconds. I only exhaled it when the one sinful word left my lips that I immediately regretted. 

"Yes..."

A/N: Okayyy, well, that was...that. I hope you liked the chapter, I sure did writing it!

Thank you all for the VOTES and 2.7k reads :))

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.1M 53.8K 51
As a result of the tragic death of her father; Heaven Foster's life has mouldered into a exasperating cycle of moving from one home to another. Con...
2.1K 124 35
Falling in love with your worst enemy is not a simple thing for anyone. ############|||||############## Alex Kensington, heir to a vast medical empi...
725K 24.7K 139
'"You're a liar. You're a dirty fucking liar," I sob. Despite the fact that I want nothing more than to run away from the man standing in front of me...
23.1K 408 27
Re-writing/editing It's strange how quickly your life can change. How it can go from happiness and joy all the time to sorrow and dread with a single...