The Games We Play [REBOOTED]

By GornroX

{Greetings I am System and I am here to show you the story of Y/n L/n or as we've designated him The Gamer.Wi... More

[Prologue]Choose Your Character
Bio
[CH1]Tutorial Mission
[CH2]A Walk In The Spooky Magic Forest Full Of Man Eating Youkai
[CH3]Books Are Nice
[CH3.5]The Silver Kit Supply
[CH4]Due Date & Reality Quest
[CH4.5]The Treasure Trove
[System Logs]Log 01
[CH5]When The Mist Rolls In
[CH6]Maid Over Heaven
[CH7]Fated Battle
[CH9A]I Just Went...
[CH9B]...For A Walk
[CH9.5]Luna Nights
[CH10]The Dead Don't Dance
[System Logs]Log 02
[System Logs]User: Y/n Stand
[CH11]I don't have a good title for this chapter so i'm just adding words till I
[CH12]The Future Blooms
Gaia's Fist
[we got a problem]
[CH:N/a]KKHTA
[Heads Up]

[CH8]Minor Training & Loot

1.9K 65 66
By GornroX

Author = [Hello]
Actions = sigh
Emphasizing = Why
Thoughts = 'Why'
Speaking = "Why"
System Speech = {Why}
System = Why
Party Chat = 《Why》

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
3rd Pov

Y/n-"Come on Meiling you gotta be quicker than that!"He says as he dodges a strike."Aren't I suppose to be the student here?"He mocks as he is met with a Qi powered punch that he returns in kind but loses out in the end.

Meiling-"You're a quick learner i'll give you that."Blocking a strike she kicks him away."But you still don't have the same level of control."She says as she grabs him by the back of the neck and charges up a Qi punch. "So don't get cocky ok."She laughs as she drops him to the ground.

As she turns around Y/n uses this chance to trip her and get up.As he stood up he was met with a small child jumping on his back.

Y/n-"Ah!I've been attacked by a gremlin!Meiling help me!"He playfully shouts as he begins to run around in fake fear.

Sakuya-"Honestly I don't understand what the mistress was thinking."She says as she walks out the gate with a hand over her face."Letting you help Flandre-sama with her powers and even taking her out during the day."

She spoke bewildered with the situation.She would call it lies if she didn't here it with her own ears the day before.

FLASHBACK ONE DAY

After the commotion that was caused everyone eventually settling things and left after a bit.Not Y/n though he stuck around and was invited to sit on the balcony with Remilia as Meiling was taking care of a no longer caged Flandre.

Y/n-"I'm going to help your sister learn to control her powers."He spoke straight faced as he sipped his tea.

Remi-"What?"

Y/n-"You heard me Miss Scarlet.I wish to help your sister get ahold of herself as not to cause further troubles."

Remi-"But why?"

Y/n-"I have a soft spot for children. That and i've known about Flan's situation far before the incident."

Remi-"How could you possibly know that?"

Y/n-"A being has blessed me with sight of future events.It is limited however and only goes so far before it disappears for good."

Remi-"Do you care to enlighten me on what you see?"

Y/n-"Unfortunately the future I was shown is not set in stone as me being here was enough to change things drastically.So i'd rather what little advantage I have be kept an advantage."

Remi-"Understandable."Sips her tea. "Now back to Flan..."She says as the two look to see Flan sniffing flowers.

Y/n-"It'll be a harsh one but I request you allow Flandre outside during the day so that I may train her."Sakuya appears behind Y/n with a knife to his neck."Ignoring her From my understanding the two of you are only weakened by the sun correct?" Remilia nods."Then it would be best to train her in a weakened state before training her at full power."

Remi-"And why is that?"

Y/n-"She can get a better grasp on her power quicker and it's less troublesome to contain her if something goes wrong."The knife presses deeper."Jeez Sakuya get that stick out of your ass will you.I only say this in Flan's best interest.If I wanted to harm her I wouldn't be talking with your mistress would I?"

Remi-"In deep thought Fine.I'll allow you to train my sister."

Sakuya nearly drops her knife at the news which made Y/n laugh as he felt the sudden hesitation through the knifes movement.

PRESENT DAY

Y/n is seen within the mansion gates with a happy Flandre opposite of him.
Y/n forms a clone of himself and steps away from it.

Y/n-"Ok Flandre I want you to use your power to kill one right there.Go all out."

She looks to him oddly but follows his instructions.She hold out her hand and forms a fist.In an instant ones body popped.Y/n formed another clone that took ones place.

Y/n-"Now I want you to visualize that power you used to delete one.If it helps close your eyes and do so."

Flandre does so.Her power was like that of a raging storm that wipes everything in its way out.

Y/n-"Now that you've visualized it I want you to suppress it.Force it to obey you and only destroy half of ones body."

Once again Flandre went through the steps and tried her best to suppress her power so she got kinda sad at the sight of the body or lack there of.Y/n on the other hand is quite excited and points out a literal hand that was left over.

Y/n-"Now you're getting the hang of it!"He said happily as he picked up the hand."Just something as simple as holding it back can garner results. Now one more time.This time instead of repressing your power only use what you repressed."He says as he forms a clone.

Flan-"What?"She tilts her head confused.

Y/n-"Instead of using one hundred percent and holding back lets say ten percent try only using ninety percent."

Once more the body exploded and all that was left was the hand.Picking it up and leaving it in his inventory he steps up to Flandre and pats her on the head.

Y/n-"Great work for today Flan.I know you'll get a hang of it you just need practice.Kneels down Now i'm gonna ask you something.Can you keep a secret?"

Flan-"What's goi---"

The world turned grey as a magnificent portal appeared before the homunculus.Standing up he snaps his fingers and a menu appears before Flandre.Suddenly color returns to her.

Flan-"---ng on?"She finishes before looking around surprised."You can stop time?!"

Y/n-"Not exactly Flandre.You see I have a way for you to do anything you want without harming anyone.I can and will show you this but only if you promise to keep it a secret."

Flan-"I will mister Y/n!"She shouts as she looks around the outside of the mansion and even notices Sakuya is devoid of color as it even extends to her.

Y/n-"Excellent!Now if you would be so kind as to accept my party invite and enter the portal."

{Flandre Scarlet has joined the party}
{Y/n L/n has been promoted to party leader}
{Party chat has been activated}

Flan-"Woah!What's all this?!"She asks as she looks over the small party menu.

Y/n-"That's a part of my ability.It's important you keep it a secret kay."

Flan-"Kay!"She shouts as the two enter the portal.

{You have entered an A rank dungeon}
{Party detected...Adjusting difficulty... adjusting rewards... Adjusting quest... dungeon adjusted}

On the other side the two are seen in the center of a ghost town.Y/n sits down and summons out a sword that he then stabs into the ground.

Y/n-"Welcome to a dungeon miss Scarlet.Here creatures that want you dead are created for the soul extent of your growth.In this instance i'm using a dungeon to let you play.Go and play to your hearts content."

Flandre thanks him and flies off.After leaving, Y/n snaps his fingers and is met with his inventory.

INVENTORY
Tutorial Key
F Rank Dungeon Key
Fire Crystal × 48
Kings Deck
Luna Key
Stand Arrow
Uncle Deaths Skateboard
Fantasy Core
S Rank Dungeon Key
Hades Key
Mystery Box × 8
Cloned hand(R) × 2

Grabbing the arrow from his inventory he used observe.

Stand Arrow
Rank: Legendary
Lv: N/a

+Grants the user a stand
-User may not survive
-Arrow is single use

Y/n smiles as he drops it back into his inventory and thinks back to yesterday when he opened the fantasy core.

FLASHBACK × 2

The core flashes a bright light.It begins spinning as it leaves his hands. The large rainbow sphere started cracking as colored light shone through.Soon it shattered and five items had dropped out.Using observe he looks to the items.A small menu appeared showing a list of names instead of each individually.

Stand Arrow
•Borderless Umbrella
•Uncle Deaths Skateboard
•Dragons Blood
•Elemental Necklace

Choosing to go in order he first taps the stand arrow and is given its description.Next came the Borderless Parasol
[Just the parasol]

Borderless Parasol
Rank: Mythic
Lv: 1

A parasol that can tear the fabric of reality apart!With a single cutting motion create a portal that links to a place of choice.(This place must be somewhere you've been or within sight of the user)

Uncle Deaths Skateboard
Rank: Epic
Lv: 10

+A sweet mount
+Trail of blue fire
+Bonus damage after trick

Dragons Blood
Rank: Epic
Lv: 1

A vial of pure dragon essence.Upon consumption gain access to the dragon tree of magic.

Elemental Necklace
Rank: Rare
Lv: 10

+10% damage with all elements
-10% more mana for non elemental magic

{Zanpakuto recognizes Borderless Umbrella.Zanpakuto requests merge.Will you accept?}
{Zanpakuto recognizes Elemental Necklace.Zanpakuto requests merge.Will you accept?}

Y/n looks to the sudden menu and with little thought accepts the motion. Immediately after his scythe appears and cuts into the two items on its own.In a flash of light the three items were gone and in its place was a sword sheathed and left on the floor.

{Merge successful.Please observe new stats.}

Picking up the sheathed blade he does just that.

Zanpakuto
Rank: Mythic+
Lv: 1
Kills: 76/100
Elements Evoked: 0/100
Portals: 0/100
Dmg: 45

+Form 1:Blade form allows enhanced speed
+Form 2:Scythe form allows enhanced damage
+Form 3:Parasol form allows enhanced defence
+Imbue elemental power into your attacks
+Form portals with a slash of the weapon(Must be to places already visited or within sight)

Once a scythe unlikely to cut a goblin let a lone a god, it has now formed an identity of its own.It has access to three forms all of which are as dangerous as the last.

Y/n unsheathed the sword and looks at it.The sword was immaculate to an unnatural degree and sharp enough that it felt painful to look at.The guard had what seemed to be a bloodshot eye that looked to have been impaled by the blade.The eye led down to the handle of the katana which was golden in color for all but the parts that had gems embedded within them.The gems represented each element that Y/n wielded and in fact allowed him the ability to set the katana alight with their respective elements.

Willing it so the katana transformed into his beloved scythe.The blade was the only thing that remained similar. The blade connected to the same bloodshot eye as before.This time they eye was surrounded by the elemental crystals and had a single blood red tear the trickled downward becoming the pole handle.

[Parasol from before]
It then transformed into a parasol of all things.Along the parasols handle was each of the elemental crystals.Once more it became a katana as he sheathed it. This weapon is a work of art to Y/n.Turning his attention to the blood vial he drinks it and is met with a large menu.

{Dragon blood consumed... User has been granted access to dragon line of magic... please choose a dragon type to learn and master... warning User can't learn any other type of dragon magic until learning their respective schools penultimate move.}

Without question he chose fire dragon as to compliment his push into the pyromancy school of magic.He drops the skate board in his inventory and makes his way to the human village.

RETURN TO PRESENT

Explosions could be heard as Y/n felt a steady stream of xp come his way.He had just sliced a ghost in half before getting a message from Flandre.

《Flandre: Mister Y/n I can't find anymore beasties!》
《Y/n: You probably killed all of them. Though the boss should've appeared by now.》

Just as the message was sent a massive beast crashed into the center of the village.Coincidently were Y/n was.Luckily for him he had used his new portal ability to appear on the roof of a nearby home.Looking towards it he sighted a massive ghostly figure with a great war hammer to wield.

《Y/n: That bastard almost crushed me!Flandre time for some practice! Kill him as slowly as you can manage!》

He messages her angrily but quickly snapped out of it as he heard the vampire lolis mad giggling getting closer.Craning his neck he sees Flandre rushing into his direction with a massive flaming sword.Before even getting close to the giant she swings her sword sending a wave of danmaku at the enemy.Y/n watched as the danmaku crashed into the giant.The impact forced it to its knees. Flandre followed it up by slicing off one of its arms like it was butter.The homunculus rarely felt fear, in fact he seemed to have lost that quality far before losing his humanity, but seeing the mad child ripping through the giant made him remember such a feeling.While watching the chaos at hand he'd occasionally siphon the flames Flandre's sword gives off and consume it.He did this so he can get used to eating fire.Eventually the giant crashes to the ground permanently lifeless.

{Quest Complete: Ghost Town}
{Boss has been defeated.Exit has been unlocked.}

Jumping down to Flandre he is met with a swing that would've sliced him in half if he didn't phase through it. Flandre jumps in realization and breaks from her high.

Flan-"Sorry!I'm so sorry!I just--"Y/n shooshes her and motions towards a portal.

Y/n-"Rolls eyes and smiles It's fine.The portal out of here is right there and remember you can't tell a soul about this."

Flan-"Of course!"She salutes with a giggle before running through the portal.

Y/n-'She is so adorable.'He thinks as he leaves the ghost town behind.

ELSEWHERE

A lone figure could be seen atop a balcony looking at the sunset.They were enjoying a cup of tea while in the middle of deep thought.

???-"So this is who you were?My, much less rude than I expected."They speak to no one in particular before letting out a yawn."No matter are reunion will happen soon enough." And so Gensokyo sleeps once more.

[FINISHED!Thanks for reading!I love you guys!Quick apology for the walls of useless text I just wanted to get that out of the way before I continued onward.I hope you like the story so far and have a question or two to ask.

One, is there anything you want to see happen specifically in this book?If its interesting enough i'll do it (Credit included).

Two, how is the pacing of my story to you guys?I feel like i'm rushing it a small bit but I don't quite know.

Three, do you want to see that cringy opening I wrote?I asked in the last chapter but people usually skip over the the little thing at the top so i'm asking again.

Four, how are all of y'all?I couldn't have gotten this far without you guys so I just want to check in and hope you're all doing well.

With that said thanks for reading my stories!All Tips, Ideas, and Criticisms are welcomed and Encouraged!]

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

74.7K 1.7K 32
there once was a child born in a odd world called Gensokyo with powers that had yet to awaken but one day the child vanished without a trace just to...
3.9K 144 26
Mysterious being had appeared in Gensokyo with unknown origin.
54.1K 1.2K 11
In the Clover Kingdom, in the city of Hage, there lived a boy who was quite skilled when it came to magic. Since a young age, he has been able to you...
10.5K 348 9
[Reboot of The Games We Play] Y/n awakes to a black void and finds himself staring down an odd bronze panel. {Welcome To Rebirth Beta 2.0!}