Yours, Eternally

By StarsAndMoon1447

"He wanted to marry her, but he's my husband." "She's beautiful, kind, caring, loving, but I wish she wasn't... More

Yours, Eternally
Not Perfect
Her Decision
Decisions
Match Made In Heaven?
New Life
Friendventure
My Star
Her
Him
The Road Trip
Chances
Realisation
Moving On
Stars
Family Secrets
Birthday Girl
Protective
Curse
Vulnerable
Doubt
Compromising
Something New
Matchmaking
Dishonesty
Fresh Start
Things Are Falling Apart
Meant To Be
The Iftikhar Bahus
Eternal Partners
Anniversary
Charm
Missing You
Sacrifice
Ehsaas (Realisation)
Eid Celebrations
The Trust Between Us
Patience
New Year, New Life
Beloved
Making New Memories
For All Eternity and More...
Lifeline
A Beautiful Ending

Rumours

7.8K 467 273
By StarsAndMoon1447

© All copyrights belong to StarsAndMoon1447 on Wattpad

*

Tara

Chipkali. Macchar..

*Lizard. Fly.

I glared at Tahir who looked unfazed. Whenever I visited Pakistan, I often noticed lizards on the wall. They're just there, seemingly doing nothing, just stuck on there like with glue or something. Tahir reminded me of that; just stuck there and staring. And he was also like a fly in the summer months, buzzing and never going away.

What does he want from me?

Ignoring him after the glare, I got into the Uber, and headed home. I was too tired to take the public transport today. 

Being home was a relief. I showered first and then changed into some comfy clothes before heading down for dinner with my parents-in-law.

"Isn't Zain going to join us?" Aunty asked me as we took our seats.

"No, Aunty. After work he went to the gym, and then he had to go back to the office again. He said that he'll be late." I informed her.

"My poor boy has gotten extra pressure since Talha left." 

"He's twenty-eight, Arzoo, not eight." Uncle looked amused. "Alhumdulillah and Ma Sha Allah, both our sons are very responsible when it comes to work." 

"Alhumdulillah." Aunty nodded.

We ate in silence for a while. Today it was roast chicken with boiled vegetables, mashed potatoes, Yorkshire pudding and gravy. A very British meal. Usually I preferred either desi meals or fast food, but this meal was absolutely delicious. 

"Tara, I have invited your family over for dinner tomorrow." Aunty announced. "It should have been done much earlier, but we didn't get a chance. I even asked Jamila Bhabi to invite Zoha and her husband."

My eyes widened in excitement. "Really?!" 

"I know that things are a little tense between our families right now." She said. "And I really hope we can fix this." 

I smiled reassuringly at her. "Aunty, Uncle, I would like to assure the both of you that Zain had been completely honest with me since before we even got married. I chose to marry him because I felt that he was honest about wanting to change, and he has changed. He is someone to be proud of, Ma Sha Allah, and Mama and Papa will eventually realise that." 

I actually meant those words. Judging by the look on the faces of Zain's parents, I could tell that they were really pleased by the good words regarding their son.

"This sort of sensible and mature behaviour will take you far in life, In Sha Allah." Aunty told me. "May Allah always bless you and Zain with a long lifetime of good health and happiness. Ameen."

"Ameen." Uncle repeated, nodding.

****

I fell asleep before Zain returned, and when I woke up in the middle of the night, I was still alone in our bedroom, with no sign of him.

I reached for my phone and glanced at the time, squinting in the sudden bright light. 01:53. Sitting up, I dialled Shohar Ji's number.

"Assalam Alaikum, Tara." He answered, sounding like he was in the car. "I'm almost home, don't worry."

"Walaikum Assalam. It's almost two, Zain! You could have at least left me a message." 

"I spoke to Mum earlier when she called me and I asked her to let you know. But she said that she knocked on our door, but you didn't reply." 

"Oh. I was asleep." I yawned. "Okay, get back safely." 

After ending the call, I wanted to just fall back asleep, but I didn't. I got up and paced around the room to keep myself awake. 

He arrived around ten minutes later, and by this time, I had curled up onto the sofa in the sitting area and was dozing off.

"Tara?" 

I looked up and blinked, my eyes feeling heavy with sleep. "Next time, leave me a message, okay? It barely takes seconds to message someone." I muttered grumpily as I got up and started to head towards the bed, relaxed now that he was home safely.

He grabbed my hand and pulled me towards himself, my back pressing against his chest. Wrapping his arms around me, he kissed my neck. "Sorry, Trouble."

I couldn't even react. My body was in a full-on sleep mode, and I almost fell asleep while standing in his arms. 

He chuckled lightly. "You absolutely weirdo." Scooping me up in his arms, he carried me to bed, and I was asleep before he even lay me down.

****

Zain

I lay down in bed beside Tara and turned off the lamp. I thought that when I'd see her, I would struggle not to blurt out my feelings for her, but instead I was trying not to burst out laughing, especially when she almost fell asleep while standing.

"Zain?" She muttered in the darkness, sleepily.

"Hmm?" 

"My family will be over for dinner tomorrow." She turned and snuggled up against me. "If you're not here, there will be real trouble for you."

"Bigger trouble than you?" I put my hand on her waist.

"I'll look like an innocent angel in comparison." She sighed and soon she was asleep again.

This girl is strange, switching between being awake and sleeping like there was a button to change her between these two modes. 

I kissed her forehead and fell asleep soon enough, tired after a long day.

****

The next morning, I couldn't stop sneakily staring at her as we both got ready for our respective work together. 

She wore black leggings, a lace navy blue dress, with a light black cardigan and black formal heels. Running her hands through her hair to give them a stylishly messy look, she studied her appearance. With eyeliner, a light shade of lip-gloss and silver hoop earrings, Tara looked nothing less than a model from a magazine. 

I love this girl. I was still feeling awed by that fact. 

And then she said something that froze me as I adjusted my tie. "There's this guy at work, Zain. He's seriously getting on my nerves. One day, I will end up in prison because of him." 

"Tharky Boy?" I guessed.

She looked at me, wrinkling her nose. "What?!" 

"Is he the one who was flirting with you when I dropped you off? Offering you coffee?" I wore my suit jacket.

"Ugh, yes that's him." She playfully grabbed my lapels. "Have you been spying on me?"  The sparkle in her eyes from her mischievous mood did something inside me and I leaned forward and quickly pecked her lips. When I pulled back, she was staring at me wide-eyed. "What was that for?" She breathed out.

"Do you want me to deal with him?" I brushed aside her question.

"Do you not know who I am?" She sighed. "I know how to deal with my problems. I was just warning you in case I call you from the police station. I don't want to shock you then." 

"Didn't you tell him that you were married?" 

"I even told him that my husband liked boxing in his spare time." She put a hand on her hip and rolled her eyes. "But I don't know what Sana told him, but he doesn't think that I'm happy."

My good mood evaporated immediately. "Sana?"

"Yeah, before I spoke to her, she told him that I was available." She shook her head. "And yet, he's convinced that I am unhappy." 

"Please let me beat him up. Just a little. No limb will be harmed. Just the nose, at most." I looked at her. "It's been a while since I beat anyone up."

She facepalmed. "I was trying to avoid prison myself, but apparently you want a honeymoon there now." 

I grinned.

"Anyway, remember. Tonight is a big night." She poked me in the chest with her finger. "I plan on leaving work at one, so that I can come and help Aunty with the dinner. She makes food herself for close friends and family, so I want to help her." 

"Okay, I'll be back early as well. Let me know if you need me to bring something from the supermarket and I can pick it up on my way back."

She grabbed her bag. "Okay, I'm getting late. Allah Hafiz."

"I'll drop you off. I'm heading out as well." 

I felt like we were a power couple as we headed out. Almost automatically, I took her hand in mine as we walked down the stairs. I saw her look at me, surprised, but I pretended not to notice. 

Mum came out into the foyer as we got downstairs. "Have your breakfast before you go, you two."

"Sorry, Mum, we need to head out." I gave her a kiss on her cheek and Tara hugged her.

With that, we headed out to start our work day. 

As I drove, I took her hand and kept it on my thigh, holding it whenever I could. I didn't look at her, but I could tell that she was constantly bewildered by my behaviour.

Just wait, Trouble. This is just the beginning. I managed to control my smile with great difficulty.

****

Tara

My cheeks were warm as I walked into the building. It was the small gestures that were the most romantic, in my opinion. Words were not even required. The way he kept holding my hand throughout the drive made my heart flutter with a strange new feeling.

"Bhabi?" 

I froze. And this was the moment that I had been dreading. I turned and saw Amir Bhai walking towards me. "Assalam Alaikum, Bhai."

"Walaikum Assalam." He said with a warm smile on his face. "What are you doing here?" 

He was the Head of Entertainment. Naturally he wouldn't know all the interns, and till the time that Zain had told me about him, I had only know him by his surname, Mr Waleed, and it never occurred to me that it was Amir Bhai.

"I'm an intern here, a junior writer." I replied, awkwardly.

"No way!" He looked surprised. "Why didn't Zain tell me?" 

"He didn't know initially, and then I asked him not to. I don't want favouritism." 

"Aww, that's too bad. I was already planning on giving you an office next to mine." He joked. "Anyway, let me know if there are any issues or problems, or if there's anything that you need."

"Thank you, Amir Bhai." 

"I need to attend a meeting now, but have a good day." With a smile, he rushed off.

"Who was that?" A voice startled me a little and I turned to see another friend of mine, Rumaisa Jamshed. She had wavy hair that ended just above her shoulders, and with golden highlights. She wore skinny jeans, a loose teal shirt with a white cardigan. She wore quite a few bracelets on each arm, a long necklace with a heavy heart pendant and ankle boots. I had known her since Sixth Form, and she was an incredible talented artist. At HemWay, she designed covers and was amazing at it.

"That was Amir Waleed. Our boss." I replied. "Why are you late again?"

"That's our boss?" She smiled. "The way that you and Ashi have described your hubby, I thought that was him. Oh, and I overslept." 

"Again?" I shook my head.

"I was painting till late." She shrugged. "And when it comes to my art, I lose track of time very easily." 

"Rumi, you need to be a bit more organised." 

"Says the girl who needs her husband to wake her up." She nudged her elbow into my ribs teasingly.

We both laughed as we headed up to the offices.

I froze as I saw Tahir coming towards me. "Ya Allah, why me?" 

"Good morning Tara, Rumaisa." He nodded at us, politely.

"Good morning." We both replied politely.

"Can I get you some coffee?" Tahir looked at me, hopefully.

"Allah! You're right." Rumi looked at me. "He's just not getting it, is he?" She turned to him. "Dude, she's married." 

"And our boss is my husband's cousin." I blurted out, without thinking. "I will complain to Mr Waleed if your behaviour continues." I was so desperate not to let this get around, and now I've just blurted it out. Why can't your brain and your mouth work in sync, Tara?

Tahir looked taken aback. "Mr Waleed is your cousin-in-law. Is that how you got the job?" 

I gasped, shocked at his audacity. "Excuse the hell out of you! I worked hard for it. I earned it! I got this position before I married Zain. Before I even met him!" 

"Tara, leave it. He's not worth it." Rumi grabbed my arm. "Let's go before we get in trouble." 

I glared at Tahir. "Stay away from me if you know what's best for you. And if you utter even a word about this to anyone, about my connection to the boss, I will deal with you myself. I really don't want any silly rumours going around about me, and if they do, I know who to blame."

I had no idea how much trouble I had gotten myself in over this confrontation with Tahir. But at that point, all that mattered was to get him off my back.

****

I was happy when I heard that Sana wasn't coming back anymore. She had permanently transferred to a branch of her business in a different city in the UK. Guess she was ready to inherit the casino again. Despite her nice-ish behaviour, I wasn't sure if she was actually a good person, or if it was just an act. 

I focused on my work, no matter how tedious it was. I was in the office, having a coffee as I worked, when I first heard the rumour. 

Two girls were passing by the office, and I heard one of them say, "Did you hear that Mr Waleed is having an affair with Tara?"

I dropped the cup in shock, spilling coffee all over the paperwork. "Allah!"

"No wonder she got the job!" The other girl said, as they continued on down the hall.

Office rumours are very damaging to a person. It can make someone's life miserable, and can even amount of workplace bullying. 

Rumi rushed in then, her eyes wide. "Tara..."

"I heard." I muttered. "I'm apparently having an affair with my cousin-in-law."

She closed the door and walked up to me. Fortunately, we were alone in the room at this point. "Tara, I'm certain that it's Tahir behind this. Who else could it be? We need to report this."

"You don't understand, Rumi! Mr Waleed is practically my brother-in-law! This is so humiliating! How am I supposed to tell him about this?" 

"Be the Tara that I know very well." She said. "You take a stand for others, but you can't do it for yourself? That sounds ridiculous!"

That was exactly what Zain had told me once.

"Go and talk to him." She urged me. "You don't deserve to be treated that way. And if you can't stand up for yourself, stand up for Mr Waleed. He doesn't deserve to have his reputation tarnished either." 

"You're right, Rumi." I said. "I'll go right after I clean up this mess." I grabbed some tissues from the counter at the side, where the tea and coffee stuff was set up, and began to clean up the coffee. 

As Rumi and I were still cleaning, there was a knock on the door and we looked up and saw Amir Bhai in the doorway.

"I think we should talk, Bhabi." He said, grimly.

****

I had told Amir Bhai everything clearly, and now he summoned Tahir into his office.

Tahir entered, looking a little sheepish.

"Did you, or did you not, start the rumour about me and Tara?" Amir Bhai didn't beat around the bush.

Tahir didn't reply. He just dropped his gaze to the floor.

"I'm asking you something! Did you start a rumour like that?" Amir Bhai snapped loudly, making me and Tahir jump.

"Y-Yes, I did." Tahir muttered.

"You are suspended for two weeks." Amir Bhai told him, directly. "And if you don't want this suspension to convert into a termination, you will publicly apologise to Tara, and admit in front of everyone that you wrongly started this rumour as a petty act." 

Tahir didn't reply.

"Do you want to get fired?" Amir Bhai leaned forward. "Because if you choose that, then I will also be sending my lawyers after you for defamation. There's a CCTV camera in this office, which has recorded your admittance to starting a rumour about me and Tara, so you will be fired and face legal action. On the other hand, if you apologise to Tara and admit your pettiness, it will only be suspension." 

"I will apologise." Tahir sighed.

"Good. HR will contact you regarding a meeting soon. All the details will be discussed then." Amir Bhai said. "For now, we're going to go out, and you will admit your mistake to everyone." 

On one hand I just wanted to go home and hide, but on the other hand, I wanted Tahir to pay for his cheap act in front of everyone.

****

"Tara is Mr Waleed's sister-in-law, and I should not have started this rumour up." To his horror, Tahir had to make the announcement in the auditorium, in front of all the staff who worked with us.

"It's pr**ks like you that ruin things for us!" A lady shouted from the audience. "You can't handle rejection, so you humiliate us, you a****le!"

Everyone began to mutter amongst themselves and Rumi gave me a thumbs-up.

"I'm sorry, Tara." Tahir looked at me. 

Amir Bhai stepped forward at the podium. "I will not be tolerating workplace bullying, and if there's a repeat of such an incident, or if there are any more rumours, whoever talks about it will be facing legal action. To ensure that this is not mentioned, I am asking my lawyers to draft up a Non-Disclosure Agreement, in order to protect the respect of the individuals involved, as well as the company. By signing this NDA, you all will be breaking the law by repeating the incident again." 

The staff was told that they were going to have to sign the NDA by the end of the shift, and they were all sent off to do their duties.

Amir Bhai walked off with Tahir and a HR person, and Rumi walked up to me.

"Isn't it s*xy when a man threatens someone with legal action?" She said, dreamily, as she stared off after my cousin-in-law.

"Don't tell me you're crushing on Amir Bhai?" I raised an eyebrow at her.

"I mean, have you seen him?!" She paused. "Oh! I guess you have, but he's like your brother-in-law, so ignore that question."

"So..." I teased her. "Kab ayaein ge Faiz Bhai aur Gul Aunty, meri Khalla Saas ke paas, rishta le kar?"

*"When will Faiz Bhai and Gul Aunty come to my aunt-in-law with the marriage proposal?"

Rumi had four sisters and one brother, Faiz Bhai, who was the oldest. Rumi was the second youngest, so she and her youngest sister, Hareem, were truly overprotective by the whole family.

They were a good family, but I had no doubt that her brother was going to get extra overprotective if she mentioned this supposed crush on Amir Bhai. At times I was often grateful for Zoha. The poor sister of mine was a kitten compared to me, and often I felt like I was the oldest.

She blushed. "It's just a stupid crush. I'm not going to go and tell my family about this." 

"I'm ready to celebrate a friend's marriage, you know." I said. "You know how stubborn Ashi is, so she won't be getting anytime soon, so you're next." 

"You need to focus on yourself right now, okay?" She made a face at me. "Now, come on. I'm craving chicken wings. Let's go and get some." 

"I can't. I have to go home." I grinned, happily. "My family is coming over for dinner. I'm so excited!" 

"Aww, the post-marriage excitement of seeing your family. The first time my Dania Appi visited, it was so awesome." 

"And when you visit your family after marrying Amir Bhai..." I started again. "RumAmir. Amaisa. I need to work on the couple names."

"You are insane. Certifiably. I feel awful for Zain Bhai." She shoved me lightly as I laughed.

****

Today I chose to wear a dress that was somewhere between the shades of cream and very light gold. It was long Anarkali style with a golden border and intricate designs over the kameez. The dupatta was net with the same gorgeous golden border. My star necklace and kangan looked perfect with the outfit. 

I had curled my hair and pinned them back and applied natural shades of make-up. As much as I hated dressing up before marriage, I was starting to enjoy it. I especially enjoyed Zain's reactions.

Once I had returned home, I'd freshened up and helped Aunty cooked. Once we were done, she asked me to go and get ready, and I had headed for a much-wanted and needed shower. 

As I was about to head out to help Aunty with the final checks, the door to our room opened and Zain walked in.

He froze in his tracks, as did I, as our gazes locked with each other's. "Ma Sha Allah. Looking beautiful, as always, Tara."

Then I suddenly remembered that I was angry at him. "You're too early. We haven't started serving dessert yet." I said, sarcastically. I was about to roll my eyes at him when I noticed the intensity of his gaze one me. 

He was looking at me as longingly as I looked at food just minutes before iftaar after an eighteen-hours long fast during Ramadan.

He walked towards me, his gaze continuously on me. I backed away, almost nervously.

"Zain, we...I...late..." I forgot how to form sentences.

"Aisa bhi kya hua hai jis se meri Trouble ki bolti band ho gayi?" He whispered, stopping right in front of me.

*"What happened to make my Trouble speechless?"

He put his hands on my cheeks, staring down into my eyes. I swallowed hard. 

"Zain..."

He kissed the corner of my mouth, and my hands curled into fists by my sides, trying to keep my desire under control. As he kissed the other corner, one of my hands reached up and clenched his shirt between my fist. Tilting his head slightly to the side, he paused as our lips were just about to brush. He smiled, and I knew that he was teasing and tempting me in ways that were driving me crazy.

But I'm also Tara, and I was not going to let my husband tease me like this and get away with it. So I leaned up and very lightly brushed our lips together...just for a second. I then moved back and rushed out of the room quickly before he could stop me. 

Tara- 1, Zain-cold shower. I quietly giggled as I headed down the stairs.

****

I had worried about my parents being distant, but they were their usual nice selves. I guess they'd cooled down a little.

We actually had a nice dinner, with everyone getting along.

However, to our surprise, Talha Bhai and Lamisa Bhabi showed up halfway through the dinner. My brother-in-law greeted everyone warmly enough, but Bhabi looked absolutely furious for some reason. A few minutes after arriving, she excused herself and disappeared into her room for the rest of the evening.

"She's just a little tired." Bhai said, sheepishly.

"How are her parents, beta?" Mama asked politely. "I heard they were unwell."

"Alhumdulillah, they are better now." Bhai replied. "We just came to visit for a couple of days, and we will be heading back there." 

"Have some more koftay, Bhabi." Aunty tried to divert the topic by passing the bowl towards Mama.

"I'll get you back for what you did earlier." Zain leaned to whisper in my ear as everybody else chatted around us.

My cheeks turned warm but I tried to look nonchalant as I focused on my pilao drenched with chicken curry. 

He reached out and squeezed my thigh unexpectedly, causing me to squeal a little and drop the spoon.

"Tara? Is everything okay?" Aunty asked as everyone turned to look.

"H-Hiccups." I legit had to fake hiccups to cover for my husband's cheeky behaviour. As Zain chuckled under his breath, I took a sip of water.

The war is on, Mr Zain Iftikhar. 

****

After my family left, Aunty was clearing up the table, helped by Zain, while I started putting leftover food into containers. Bhai had gone into his room, and as curious as I was about what Bhabi's problem was, I minded my own business. I guess it was natural to get irritated seeing guests at home after a long drive.

The maid finished cleaning the kitchen and told me that she was leaving for the night.

"Thank you." I said. "Earlier I set aside a few containers of food, before anyone had eaten. It's for you and your family as a thank you for all your help today." I had learned this from my Sadaf Phupho back in Lahore, who always set aside food for the help, before the family had eaten. It feels wrong to give someone the leftovers, so it's best to set aside the food for them before anyone has eaten from it. 

"That is very nice of you, Tara Bhabi. Thank you." The maid nodded. 

Arzoo Aunty had hired staff from a special company that provided staff according to the needs of each individual household. Due to this, she had staff from Pakistan that cooked halal, desi meals for us. My mother-in-law said that it was a great help.

I was alone in the kitchen, when Zain walked in. He came up behind me and wrapped his arms around me, burying his face against my neck. "Ek baat kehni thi tumse."

*"I wanted to say something to you."

I turned to face him. "I'm busy. And after your little mischief act at the dinner table, I don't even want to talk to you."

Something about the way he had been looking at me recently had changed. His gaze was intense, but with new emotions, something that I didn't really recognised...but I liked.

His hands hands clasped mine and he pressed his lips against my forehead, sending butterflies fluttering crazily in my stomach.

"Zain..." I put my fingers over his mouth, and he started kissing them instead. "Wait. I need to talk to you about something. There's something that you really should know."

He read my expressions and turned serious. "Is everything okay?" 

"Let me clear up everything and make sure that Aunty doesn't need me for anything else and I'll come upstairs in a few." 

He nodded. "Okay, I'll be waiting." He headed out and I continued my work.

A few minutes of silence later, I started hearing loud voices in the hallway.

"...invited them into our portion, Talha!" Bhabi was angry. "If they want guests, they either take them upstairs to Zain Bhai's portion, or to their annexe! They should not be using our portion behind our backs!"

"Lamisa, what's wrong with you, yaar? They are my parents! This is their home! They can invite anyone they want, and anywhere in the house." 

"The annexe is there home now, Talha!"

"Yes, because you pressurised them to move with your daily moods and tantrums!" Bhai sounded frustrated. "You're okay with Zain and Bhabi, but you always have a problem with my parents!"

"Zain Bhai doesn't rely on us!" Bhabi cried out. "I don't want your parents wasting your hard earned money on nonsense like this!"

I froze, my heart sinking. What the hell?

"What do you want then?" Bhai never raised his voice. "You want me to send them to a care home?" 

"Make it official to them. We're not moving back here." Bhabi said. "They can have this stupid portion and scrounge off Zain Bhai. But we're done."

"They're my parents! I have responsibility over them as well, Lamisa!" 

"I came first. I have no issues with Zain Bhai or Tara, but I'm not letting you waste your money on your parents. Your father should have carried on working for a few more years, rather than relying on his sons for everything. What happened to self-respect and dignity?" 

Horrified, I remembered that my parents-in-law were still in the house. Aunty was inside, and she must have heard everything. I headed to the hallway, and my parents-in-law were standing in the foyer. Aunty was clutching her husband's arms, teary-eyed, while he looked ashamed, his gaze on the floor.

"Chalo." He told her quietly, wrapping an arm around her shoulders.

*"Let's go."

They began to walk towards the back door and paused as they saw me.

"Don't tell Zain about this, Tara." Uncle whispered, patting my head. "I don't want any arguments between our sons."

I nodded, and then I couldn't help it. I reached out and grabbed Aunty's hands as Uncle dropped his arm from around her. I didn't say a word, because I didn't know what to say, to be honest, but I squeezed her hands lightly, and when she met my gaze, I gave her a small, reassuring smile. As silently as I'd been so far, she pulled me into a hug. We hugged for a few seconds, before they headed out.

****

Zain

I was lounging on the bed, lazily flicking through random channels, when Tara came out of the bathroom, dressed in her silk plum camisole and shorts. She had started to feel more comfortable around me recently, and I was really happy about that.

She silently brushed her hair before pulling it into a ponytail, and then walked over to the bed to sit down beside me.

"What did you want to talk about?" I asked her, reaching for her hand.

She was quiet and thoughtful. 

"Trouble? You okay?" I wrapped my arm around her waist instead and she moved closer.

"Zain, something happened today at work..." She cleared her throat before she spoke those words.

"What happened?" 

She told me about her horrible day at work and as I listened, my anger started building up inside me.

"That son of a b..." I swore. "I'm going to kill that ba****d!"

"Zain, Amir Bhai dealt with it." She whispered. "But you need to know that I have never even had a boyfriend before, and that I've been completely loyal to you and only you since we got married."

"I don't need you to tell me that, Tara, because I already know that." I stared at her. She was absolutely beautiful, Ma Sha Allah. 

She looked so ducking beautiful that I leaned forward and kissed her. I couldn't resist it. For a while we just kissed, and the intense chemistry could have been strong enough to cause actual sparks around us.

"Tara, I..."

"Zain, I think I'm in love with you." She whispered at the same time as I was about to confess.

My heart did a frickin' bhangra inside my chest, hearing those words, and I opened my mouth to tell her that I loved her too.

"Don't feel pressurised to reply for my sake." She shook her head. "I know that you were deeply in love with Sana, and that it will take you time, and I understand. "Take your time, but you're my husband and we plan on fulfilling this marriage, so I thought that you should know. I think that I'm falling deeply in love with you." 

I wanted to reply, but now I was doubting whether she would believe it or not. 

I guess I'd just have to show and prove my love for her.

****

My stories are not complete without family drama, right? And mothers-in-law can't always be in the wrong! 

Tara's confession may have seemed rushed, but it is truly like her to just blurt it out. She didn't even think of doing it in a more romantic manner.

How will Zain prove her love for her?

The main purpose of the rumours storyline was to start developing Amir's character a little as well. As a lot of you may be familiar with my work, I tend to add storylines for side characters as well, to add more to my books. If it's always about the main couple, it gets a little boring.

If anyone wants to read Rumaisa's background and about her family, please check out 'Written In The Stars', my completed book.

Thoughts and comments?

Thank you for reading and don't forget to vote! 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

164K 5.2K 74
••| 1st in Arranged Series |•• Can be read as a Standalone. "Thank God, you took my call," he mumbled. "Why did you send that flower bouquet?" He f...
25.9K 747 26
#Book 1 in His Series. A Halal Love Story. Read the Book to know what happened when, Zain Ali Khan the Millianiore Mafia got married to a ordinary gi...
497K 28.3K 68
When Anaya's fiance turns up with a wife from London, everything that Anaya had hoped and wished for crashes around her in seconds. Faiz Jamshed is b...
1.2M 59.8K 50
Collection of traditional love stories. محفل میں باربار انہی پر نظر گئی ہم نے بچائی لاکھ مگر پھر ادھر گئی 💫Short stories of traditional Pakistani w...