The Road Trip

© All copyrights belong to StarsAndMoon1447 on Wattpad

*

****

****

Zain

"Tara, I miss you unbearably. Come back!" I said as she opened the door of her parents' house.

She blinked at me. "Excuse me?"

I had decided that instead of talking, I was going to show her my intention of starting over as a newly married, arrange-marriage, husband and wife. After all, talking seemed like too boring of a way for Tara Zain.

"You said that you'll come back immediately if I say that." I grinned. "Well, I'm saying it now. So pack up and come with me, Trouble."

She put her hand on my forehead. "Are you okay? Are you unwell? Mama's at the bakery, but I can call her and she'll come and..."

I stepped closer, so close that she had to tilt her head back to stare up at me. "Are you coming or not? But before you say no, remember that you gave me your word." I stared intensely at her.

"I-I'll get my stuff." She was flustered and she backed away slightly. She turned to head up the stairs, but gave me a bewildered look over her shoulder. Her look clearly read, 'Is he high?'.

I just crossed my arms over my chest and chuckled.

She returned a few minutes later and I headed up to the top of the stairs to grab her overnight bag for her.

"Careful not to fall down, okay?" I teased her.

"L-Let me just call Mama." She was still stunned when we reached downstairs. As she got her phone out of her bag, it slipped from her hand and fell onto the floor. For a few seconds, she just stared down at it. I reached down and got it for and handed it to her, still smiling in amusement. She dialled Aunty's number. "Assalam Alaikum, Mama. Yes, I was just calling to let you know that I'm going home with Zain."

I held out my hand for the phone and she handed it to me. "Assalam Alaikum, Aunty."

"Walaikum Assalam, beta. Is everything okay?" Tara's mother sounded anxious.

"Yes, Aunty. It's just that Tara and I have to go now, but I promise that she'll come back and stay with you for longer soon." I said. "It's nothing to worry about. Something just...came up." I glanced at Tara, who was looking at me like I'd grown wings or something.

"Okay, beta. No problem. I know that I don't have to say it, but take care of her. Her sleepwalking has really concerned me."

"Don't worry, Aunty. Tara is my responsibility and I'll take good care of her, In Sha Allah." I promised her.

After ending the call, I gave Tara her phone back. "Let's go."

"Who made you the boss?" She muttered. "And more importantly, what's gotten into you?" But she followed me anyway, making me laugh. "Did you fall down the stairs as well? It's not as cool as I made it look, Zain."