Kin And The Killer

By Ja2Anjelica

Creatures Of The Night.... .... Vreemde-Kin is left with no choice when a series of vampire attacks are happe... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven ⭐
Chapter Eight ⭐
Chapter Nine ⭐
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven ✅
Chapter Twelve ✅
Chapter Thirteen ⭐ 💚
Chapter Fourteen ⭐💚
Chapter Fifteen ⭐💚
Chapter Sixteen ✅
Chapter Seventeen ✅
Chapter Eighteen *
Chapter Nineteen ⭐ 💚
Chapter Twenty *
Chapter Twenty-one *
Chapter Twenty-two ⭐ 💚
Chapter Twenty-three *
Chapter Twenty-four ⭐💚
Chapter Twenty-five ⭐💚
Chapter Twenty-six ⭐ 💚
Chapter Twenty-seven *
Chapter Twenty-eight ⭐💚
Chapter Twenty-nine
Chapter Thirty ⭐💚
Chapter Thirty-one ⭐💚
Chapter Thirty-two
Chapter Thirty-three
Chapter Thirty-five 💋
Chapter Thirty-six *
Chapter Thirty-seven ⭐💚
Chapter Thirty-eight ⭐
Chapter Thirty-nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-one
Chapter Forty-two
Chapter Forty-three
Chapter Forty-four
Chapter Forty-five
Chapter Forty-six
Chapter Forty-seven
Chapter Forty-eight
Chapter Forty-nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty-one
Chapter Fifty-two
Chapter Fifty-three
Chapter Fifty-four
Chapter Fifty-five
Chapter Fifty-six
Chapter Fifty-seven
Chapter Fifty-eight**
Chapter Fifty-nine
Chapter Sixty
Chapter Sixty-one
Chapter Sixty-three

Chapter Thirty-four

11 2 0
By Ja2Anjelica

Narrated by VINCENT

I zipped my jacket up as I stared at the dark clouds that hummed. I threw the hoodie over my head, I don't care if the school rules clearly state that I should wear the school's raincoat. I just didn't like how wearing the school uniform made me fade into the populace. Besides, I could've attended the private school but here I am, at a public school instead. Solely to wear what I want, they're not as strict with forcing the uniform on the students.

I took my umbrella and zipped it up in my bag even though it couldn't close entirely. I made my way over to the Tepe's residence and rang their doorbell. Normally Liam would greet me with a friendly grin but not today, today he looked very serious. Kin's disappearance truly seems to be getting to them. It is still unnatural to me.

"Please, come in,"

The vampire invited the human in. All this is unusual to me.

I stepped inside and took off my shoes before walking into the living room where there were three people I have never met before. They didn't appear to be supernatural beasts but then again, neither does Paul.

Claire turned to face me who was still entering and delivered the most vulnerable smile I have ever seen. It cut through me a bit because I've always perceived vampires are strong beings. Emotionless, and now emotion is slowly eating at her. Liam sat down and Claire took the floor. "Vincent, hey. Thanks for coming over. Um, this is Detective Maury, he has a few things he wants to ask you,"

I bounced my head and reached out my hand to shake it with Detective Maury. "Hey, kid. These are my partners, Luna and Helene."

I peered at them. They didn't look like they were officers or anything. But I wasn't going to question that. It has nothing to do with me.

Maury took out his little notepad and cleared his throat. "When was the last time you saw, Kin?"

I looked at Detective Maury in his small brown eyes as I tried to think back to that night. What happened? It was like that evening was removed from my memory.

"We visited our friend, Lemon's house. "

Luna snickered. "Your friend's name is Lemon?"

I nodded my head. I found her name strange as well, but I would expect them to act like professionals. Since that's what they are.

Helene raised an eyebrow and looked over at the Tepes and then at her partners. "What did she look like? Yellow and green hair?"

That was exactly her description. How did she know Lemon? Lemon isn't famous, or anything. "Yeah, that's her. "

Helene bit her lower lip and looked at Detective Maury. "Detective, we need to talk."

They all huddled up, including Liam and Claire. I tried to make out what they were saying but I couldn't hear past their whispers. They spoke for about a minute when Detective Maury finally turned around and walked up to me.

"Okay, son. Thank you for being an assistance, do you know anything else about, Lemon? Like where does she work or does she attend college?"

I was completely confused. I looked at everyone in the room with big eyes. "Um... Sir, she's fourteen years old. Like Kin and I. "

Helene cackled but quickly put her hand over her mouth to stop herself from continuing with her laughter. "Sorry, ignore me. "

Claire cleared her throat and walked up to Vincent. "Thank you for coming over, but you have to start walking to school now. Or else you'd be late," she placed her hand on his shoulder. Heightening the attention he already gave her, "Be careful out there, okay? People aren't always what they seem. Especially in Crystal Moon."

I gulped. "Yes, ma'am."

She removed her hand from my shoulder and took a step back and gave me a luminous smile. "Good, now off you go. "

I helped myself out and stood in front of their yard, in our street. This whole encounter was strange, who were those people? And why do they know Lemon? Heck, who is Lemon? Has she been lying about who she is? And why would they assume she's older than she portrays to be?

I finally made it to school and instantly looked for Lemon. She was by the tap filling her bottle. She turned and saw me making it to her and presented an enormous warm smile. But I wasn't in the mood to be all friendly. I wanted real answers.

"What happened the night of Kin's disappearance?"

She licked her thin top lip and dug her hands into her dress's pockets. "Good morning to you too, lemme guess, you're about to bitch about Kin as well?"

He scoffed. "Of course, Lemon. She's missing and we are her friends. She's gone and you and I are the last ones to see her."

She didn't reply. She got sick of people asking about, Kin, and couldn't even express it. I could tell. "She left early. Remember? I took you home, stole my mom's car."

I eyed her blankly. Nothing she said rang a bell, and it was visible on my face.

She chuckled and tugged my shirt, "remember? We were so drunk we almost crashed my mom's car."

"Stop it, Lemon, I don't recall anything."

She sighed. "Okay. I'm sorry, and I'm sorry about Kin's disappearance as well," then she remained silent for a few seconds before talking again, "Why do you care anyway? I thought we both concluded that she's a vile monster, this is probably good for her. Especially for us, a devil is off from the streets."

My blood ran cold. Sure I believe she's a bloodsucker, but it's cold of Lemon to speak about Kin like that. In this time when she's gone. People are worried about her, and I feel we should too. I was left stunned, speechless. Didn't know what to say to defend Kin, Lemon spoke again. "Now come," she tilted her head towards the direction of their tree, "let's go to the tree. "

I silently followed her. There was no Kin there. We go to school together, but other mornings she goes to school earlier. This was not like those days, because she didn't sit where she usually does. Opposite Jason, who always leans against the tree facing the empty schoolyard.

There was no laughter, unlike the other mornings. No chatter, just a bunch of teens sitting there wondering what's next. Not even Jason was preoccupied with another book, no, this time he sat there with his friends as if mourning Kin.

Saskia looked up and looked right into my eyes. She sprung up and grabbed me gently away from the others. Paul would be the only one that can overhear their conversation. If he chose to.

"What?"

"I received a strange text message from Kin the night of her disappearance. What on earth did, Kin mean when she said you two know our secret?"

I slightly opened my mouth. I didn't expect someone else to know about that. I cleared my throat, "Um... Just that," I decided to be direct and open. What's the worse that can happen? "I know y'all monsters, she confirmed."

Saskia curled her upper lip and shook her head side-to-side. Disgusted by what her ears just heard. "I am not a monster, and neither is Kin, Paul, Laura or Jason. We're just like you."

I shook my head as I interrupted her sentence with disbelief scoffing, "Please. We not alike, I," I lowered my voice, "don't eat brains."

She ran her fingers through her curly hair and huffed. "How do you know our secret anyway?"

"I'm obsessed, I've believed ever since I was a child, but my beliefs got fueled even more when I joined what I thought was a fan club for supernatural creatures four years ago, but it wasn't."

"What was it then?" She asked when she realised that I paused too long as if I was expecting her to ask me.

"Conspiracy group of young people like me who believe in your kind, I was eleven. The proof was more than enough, more stories popped up through the years. We discuss things like you."

She clapped her hands once and opened her eyes widely. "Please don't refer to me as a 'thing', it's offensive. "

I nodded my head. I didn't know that. "Okay, sorry. Anyways, it was real research. There are grown-ups as well, they say they hunt thi... Beings like you because the world needs cleansing. They're the ones that provide real evidence."

She paced and quickly stopped again and looked at me. "Is Lemon also a part of your group? How does she fit into this?"

"No, she is just a believer all on her own. I did invite her but she could never find the time. "

Saskia bit her nail, her big green eyes concentrated on mine. "Okay, what can you remember about that day? You have to help me."

I shrugged. "Lemon is the only one that can recall that day, but..."

I trailed off, "... But what?"

I scratched the back of my head and looked at the ground before I lifted my eyes to meet hers. "I don't think she can be trusted. The Tepes had a detective over to ask me questions, he assumed she was much older than she is portraying herself as."

She furrowed her brows and pouted her lips. "What?"

"Yeah. I don't think she's a human either."

Saskia looked over at the tree, her eyes on Lemon. Then she faced me again. "So, what can she be?"

"I have no idea. And I'll never know if I don't break into her home... Which I want to do."

She raised her eyebrows and folded her arms. "Vincent, no!"

I raised my hands in the air. "I have to, if there's a way I can help Kin... Then why not? She is guilty of something, I don't know what. What if Kin is in her home?"

Saskia just watched me like I'm crazy-talking. But I was right. I had no idea that a part of me grew to like Vreemde, grew to care about her. Genuinely, I just want her to be returned home safely. "Come with me, Saskia. You're a zombie, maybe you can help me with something?"

She shook her head and lowered her voice, "We're not breaking into anyone's home!"

I dug my hands in my pocket, "you're not breaking into anyone's home, I'm going with or without you." I started walking out. I don't care if she's not coming with me.

Kin is missing, she needs my help. If I can help. I'm not going to sit back hopelessly.

"Vincent!" Saskia called back, I turned around and saw she had picked up her bag from the tree, "wait up!"

We got into her car and drove off to Lemon's home. Her mom is supposed to be at work and she's currently at school. So if we do this, we'll have the home all to ourselves.
We got out of the car and stood before the high walls. We have no way to get in since we didn't have to code to the gate. Bummer.

"Hold on tightly. Okay?" Saskia said and next thing I know her arms are around my body. She gripped me tightly, I did the same. And with one jump she was over the walls.

She put me down and had me stunned by what just happened. "Saskia. That's awesome zombie stuff. " I leaned over, hands on my knees as I tried to catch my breath.

"Okay. Now, all we have to do is enter the house, alarms?"

"No, that's not going to be a problem. Those codes I have. "

She giggled, "Good. Let's go. "

We entered their home with ease. I told her to search the home while I go to the garage, where we were last time.
I entered the place, looks exactly how we left it. Kin's jacket was still laying on the pool table. I walked up to it and searched through its pockets. Her cell phone was in there, I decided not to take the jacket. What if she gets suspicious? But I did take her phone.

I browsed around, looking for anything out of the ordinary. I had no idea what I'm supposed to be finding, but I scanned nonetheless.

I walked up to the minibar. I've never seen a vampire before, but the hunters told us that they can't get drunk. So I looked around, and behind one of the liquor bottles was a small bottle with purple powder. I grabbed it, opened it and sniffed it. It had a strong lavender scent, it reminded me of that night. Because the scent of lavender lingered in the air. What is this?

"SASKIA!" I called her, but at the same time, she called my name. I decided that I will rush over to her.

I didn't know in which room she was but eventually found her in Lemon's room. Kin and I have been over to this house many times, but like Kin, we've never been invited up to her room. Kin had a reason, she had something to hide. And I found out what that something was, the hidden camera I left in her room is gone too. The last I saw from it was Jason removing it. I could plant another one in her room, but after this, I feel it's useless. What would be the point of spying on poor Kin?

Saskia was taking pictures of her wall. I walked up to it and what I saw was frightening, to say the least. She too has been spying on Kin and other students. There was a large note on the wall, The Hybrids.

We counted five of them. The deadliest hybrids, it said on the board. Kin is the first one on the list.

Vreemde-Kin Lyra Tepes: A vampire crossed with a cranter.
Weakness: A wooden stake through the heart (vampire side). Silver (cranter side). Sunlight (vampire side). Wet ground (cranter side).
Other weakness: trusts everyone easily. Loves love, and people. Has a soft spot for humans. Lainey.
Strengths: Has lots of rage which make her think irrationally. Is a skilled fighter.

Ambragio (Has no surname): A witch crossed with a demon. Her father is Death.
Weakness: She's never left hell before. Knows nothing about the real world which makes her gullible. She is weak-minded and can be easily convinced to do anything.
Other weakness: she doesn't know how to use or control her powers. Which could be dangerous. She's known to be cold and heartless. Which means she could turn on us quickly, even through orders.
Strengths: everything she touches dies. She's the fastest killer known.

Subject 20031209: a cross between a piranha and a spider monkey.
Weakness: has a human-like body. Can be killed easily. Too much heat.
Other weakness: Sofia. The only other piranha, she's like his little sister.
Strengths: is agile. Superfast. Builds webs stronger than steel.

Meeka Han: an alien crossed with a ghost.
Weakness: can be trapped in objects. We can use that to control her every move. Is fragile, low pain tolerance. We'll get her faster than the others.
Another weakness: her human friend. Looses her power during the day.
Strengths: can multiply. With her, we don't have to kidnap more hybrids. She'll cover the whole army. Can turn invisible.

Jason Miller: could be a hybrid. Could be THEE hybrid. Not sure.
Weakness: has no power.
Other Weakness: cannot connect with anyone on an emotional level.
Strengths: has none.

I took pictures as well. I'm taking them to the police. She's been stalking Kin for longer than what she was in town for, she came to town just to capture her. And now that she has her, she's going to leave again.

"She's after Jason too, only he's is last minute," Saskia noticed. "She knows nothing about him, yet. And we have to make sure it stays that way."

"We should go. You should drop me off at the police station."

"What are you going to tell them?" She panicked.

"Relax. I'm going after the detective I saw at the Tepes, I don't think he's a normal detective. He must know things."

She nodded her head. "Okay. I'll head back to school, after school I want us to meet up. We should let the rest know what we found out and that you know our secret."

I agreed.

She dropped me off and I asked to see Detective Maury. He gladly welcomed me into his office and sat down. "So, what can I do for you?"

I dug in my pockets and placed the powder down on his desk. He examined it then he examined me, "What is this?"

"Kin and I went over to Lemon's, we were all drunk. Kin the most, I thought she was faking because she's a cranter and they can't get drunk. "

Detective Maury started laughing. "You think your friend is a fictional creature? Vincent!"

I rolled my eyes, "With all due respect, sir. We don't have time for your bullshit. Kin is what she is... And that's okay. But you pretending that she's human is just wasting precious time. Lemon and I wanted to confront Kin about what she was."

Detective Maury nodded his head, "how do you know this?"

"I investigated, the second I saw her I knew she wasn't human. So I had to dig, now I know she's a cranter hybrid. "

"That's all you know?" He checked. I nodded my head, "she's not just cranter hybrid. Her grandfather is Count Dracula, Kin and Lainey are as rare as they come."

My eyes swell, she's who? Who would even think that The Count exist? This was so hard to believe, but questioning him would also waste time. Time we don't have. We need to find Kin, especially if she's vampire royalty. Who knows what Lemon's plans are with the girl?

I cleared my throat, "Um, that's Stouwkree. Saskia told me it's used to knock bloodsuckers out. So now I'm thinking Kin was drunk."

He sighed, "So Saskia knows you know?"

I bobbed my head, "yeah. She says Kin told her, another thing." I took out my cell phone and showed him Lemon's wall.

Pure shock ran through every fibre of Detective Maury's bones. He looked at me as of he had seen a ghost. Lemon has an obsession, and even I'm afraid of her at this point. "Send those pictures to me right now. We need people to keep watch over this Jason. "

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

191M 4.5M 100
[COMPLETE][EDITING] Ace Hernandez, the Mafia King, known as the Devil. Sofia Diaz, known as an angel. The two are arranged to be married, forced by...
226M 6.9M 92
When billionaire bad boy Eros meets shy, nerdy Jade, he doesn't recognize her from his past. Will they be able to look past their secrets and fall in...
112K 11.6K 31
Athulya Singhania has spent her entire life in solitude, yearning for the love of a family. Over the years, she mastered the art of concealing her em...
69.1K 2.3K 77
BANG... BANG..... BANG I jumped up out my sleep to three gun shots. I creep up to my door, opening it up just a little, seeing my father go to my...