Incapable of Love | IwaOiKage

By Boke_Beany

Everyone is born with a soulmate mark, placed somewhere random on your body. Some easy to cover, some hard. S... More

I'm Strong, Right?
Why am I Surprised?
Who is He?
Screams and Shouts
Seijoh Match
Cuts
Grocery Shopping
Candy
Sleepover
Nekoma
Cherries
Rewritten
All Their Fault
Memories
We Will Win
Aftermath
Impress Me
Hikaru
A Glance: Kindaichi
Christmas Special
The Week Isn't Over Yet
Ferris Wheel
Alone
"Tsukki!"
A Glance: Yamaguchi
Ignore It
"Tobio?"
Goodbye
What They Asked For
Epilogue
...what's a Goody Two Shoes?
A Glance: Rei Ikumoto
Inevitable Announcement

Picnic

9.2K 408 372
By Boke_Beany

I KNOW I SAID A DOUBLE UPLOAD BUT I WANTED TO CHANGE IT INTO JUST ONE CHAPTER SO IT WOULD BASICALLY BE DOUBLE THE LENGTH BUT- IDK HOW IT HAPPENED I LOST THE WHOLE SECOND CHAPTER- I WANTED TO REWRITE IT BUT I HAD A DENTIST APPOINTMENT AND THEN GUESTS CAME SO I DIDNT HAVE TIME I'M SORRY I'LL MAKE IT UP TO YOU GUYS BEXT CHAPTER 😭😭

————

Thursday, one of the few days Tobio didn't have his guitar classes. He'd already expected a visit from the two Seijoh players, yet he didn't expect to see them BEFORE practice even started. They were there, waiting in front of the gate, waving Tobio over.

Tobio was confused, they knew when Karasuno's practice ended -or so Tobio assumed because they always appear by the gates near the end of practice. Tobio approached them, vaguely hearing his teammates' footsteps behind him.

"What are you doing here?"

"For our date of course!" Oikawa said nonchalantly, wrapping an arm around Tobio's shoulder.

Tobio heard Tanaka yell something about 'going on a date with Mr.Pretty Face' and Hinata yelling about how he feels betrayed that Tobio didn't tell him but Tobio didn't really focus on that. He just wanted an explanation.

"Wha- But practice isn't over, you know that!"

"I'm sorry Kageyama, I already asked Shittykawa to wait but he couldn't-"

"Go one, Kageyama. Skipping one day of practice wouldn't hurt." Sawamura cut in, catching Tobio by surprise.

"But-"

"See, even your captain approves~" Oikawa smirked, pulling Tobio closer to him.

"But the training camp-"

"It's fine Kageyama. Enjoy your date."

Sawamura looked over at Iwaizumi, giving him a stern look. "I assume you'll take care of our crow, yes?"

Iwaizumi nodded, giving Sawamura a nervous smile.

Tobio looked at Sugawara, eyes pleading to let him go to practice. Sugawara just smiled back.

Tobio sighed, giving in.

"Ok, fine. Let's go I guess." Before you embarrass me more.

Oikawa let out an excited hum, immediately grabbing Tobio's arm and dragging him away. Tobio ignored Tsukishima's teasing wolf whistle.

Tobio heard Iwaizumi's footsteps behind him.

"Where are we going anyway, Oikawa-san?"

"On our date of course!"

"We're going on a picnic, Shittykawa's idea."

"No need to thank me~ I know I'm amazing" Oikawa pulled Tobio to the same park they talked at just four days ago. Four days, it feels much longer.

Instead of the bench they sat at the other day, Oikawa led Tobio to a more hidden place at the park, Iwaizumi now suddenly beside him, hand intertwined with Tobio's left. Since when was he there?

"Alright, we're here!"

Tobio let out a gasp. There, hidden from the public, was a small stream, surrounding a single tree. Under the tree was a blanket, laid out. There were small snacks and drinks already set.

"You...you did this?"

Oikawa let out a hum, letting go of Tobio's right hand -since when was he holding that hand?- and rushed to the blanket, patting the space beside him.

Iwaizumi was now walking toward the tree, hand now separate from Tobio's -both of Tobio's hands felt so much colder now- periodically looking back to see if Tobio would follow.

Tobio's feet felt heavy, but seeing the smiles on both of them, somehow, his feet managed to move towards them. He sat down beside Oikawa, who hummed pleasantly.

Tobio was handed a sandwich, just a simple mayo and egg sandwich, but it was good nonetheless. "Did your mom also make this, Oikawa-san?" Tobio asked, looking into the basket beside him. There were more sandwiches in there, most of them were egg sandwiches but some were fruit sandwiches. There were three bento boxes under the sandwiches.

"D-do you like them?" Iwaizumi asked, almost timidly.

Tobio nodded, taking another sandwich to eat.

"Thank goodness.. actually me and Iwa-chan made them.."

Tobio looked at them, sort of surprised.

"You made them? You?"

"Excuse me, we are fully capable of making sandwiches!"

Tobio looked at Oikawa, taking another bite. "You guys don't seem like you can cook.. or am I just reading things wrong?"

"Well- no.. We definitely can't cook." Iwaizumi said, rubbing the back of his head.

"We.. we wanted to try and cook for you.. We- we didn't really know how to prove our sincerely so we tried to cook something for you..."

Oikawa looked at Iwaizumi, who reached out and took out the three bento boxes Tobio saw earlier. Iwaizumi handed one to Tobio and the other one to Oikawa.

Tobio flashed Iwaizumi a curious look before slowly taking of the cover of the bento box.

It was a simple dish, rice -which looked slightly stickier than what Tobio would consider as perfect rice- and katsu chicken -which was burnt in some places- with a side of boiled vegetables -Tobio couldn't see anything wrong with it, but then again you just had to boil it, not much could go wrong.

"You... made this? For me...?"

"Yeah... I did accidentally season it with sugar instead of salt on one of the attempts..." Iwaizumi muttered, looking away."

Tobio nodded when-

"Wait- one of the attempts?"

"Aha... we had to practice the whole week, and even the best ones weren't perfect..." Oikawa fiddled with his fingers, "yours were the best...."

Tobio hummed, finally taking a bite into the chicken.

It was surprisingly tender, and the crispiness was just right, apart from the burnt places.

"How is it..?"

It was delicious.

"The chicken is tender, but as you mentioned the outside is burnt. Just from looking I can already tell that the rice is too sticky." Tobio took a bite into the broccoli. "And the vegetables are a bit too salty for my taste, you should work on the seasoning."

Tobio saw Oikawa basically deflate while Iwaizumi's eyes seemed duller.

"but...it's delicious.. thank you." Tobio said, cheeks flushing red, sending a shy smile.

The smiles he got back were brighter.

They ate in silence, only the sounds of the water stream and occasional rustle of leaves occupying the air. It was peaceful.

Then-

"Oi! Shittykawa stop munching so loud-"

"The outside is too hard Iwa-chan!! We gave the best one to Tobio."

They fought back and forth, so Tobio silently took one of Oikawa's chicken katsu. He took a bite and-

"Ow!"

The other two boys looked at Tobio, who was glaring at said chicken.

"Why did you do that Tobio!!" Oikawa screeched, hitting Tobio's head lightly.

"I wanted to try the chicken..." Tobio mumbled, "maybe you just have weak teeth."

Oikawa let out an offended gasp, which was ignored by the other two. Iwaizumi instead looked over to Tobio.

"Are you ok?"

"Yeah, it was just a chicken. It can't really hurt me."

Iwaizumi ignored him, choosing to put a hand on Tobio's cheeks.

"I-Iwaizumi-san..?"

"I'm just checking if your teeth are okay."

Iwaizumi leaned closer, his face was mere inches from Tobio, his face focused on Tobio's mouth.

"Okay, you're fine."

Iwaizumi let go just as casually, then went back to his food.

The rest of the date was silent, with an abnormally red Tobio, a pouting Oikawa and a very normal Iwaizumi.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.9K 437 12
【🔸】𝐇𝐚𝐢𝐤𝐲𝐮𝐮 𝐅𝐚𝐧𝐟𝐢𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐀𝐔 -COMPLETED © MORKAWA ┏━┓ •. ♡ .• ┗━┛ Many called her unfortunate. H...
136K 6.1K 26
𝙗𝙞𝙧𝙩𝙝𝙢𝙖𝙧𝙠𝙨. 𝙙𝙚𝙚𝙥 𝙨𝙘𝙖𝙧𝙨. 𝙘𝙤𝙡𝙤𝙧𝙛𝙪𝙡 𝙗𝙧𝙪𝙞𝙨𝙚𝙨. 𝙡𝙤𝙣𝙜 𝙨𝙘𝙧𝙖𝙩𝙘𝙝𝙚𝙨. 𝙨𝙤𝙪𝙡𝙢𝙖𝙧𝙠𝙨. a world where permanent...
1.5M 57.2K 85
[KilluaxReader] Itami /Pain, ache, sore, grief, sorrow/ Every time your soulmate gets hurt, it reflects back on you ━━ Most peoples soulmate bond was...
41.1K 1.8K 48
(SoulMate AU) (Healthy Polyamorous in future chapters) SoulMarks are overrated, so people have said. In this age everyone just considered it a tattoo...