Her Beautiful Innocence

By iguessiwritebooksnow

❝How did we get here?❞ I asked him as he twirled my hair between his fingers. He lifted my head up from his c... More

Prologue ♥ | 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙽𝚎𝚠 𝚃𝚘𝚠𝚗
Chapter 1 | 𝚃𝚠𝚘 𝙽𝚎𝚠 𝙵𝚛𝚒𝚎𝚗𝚍𝚜
Chapter 2 | 𝙼𝚎𝚎𝚝𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝙿𝚎𝚛𝚜𝚘𝚗 𝚆𝚑𝚘'𝚕𝚕 𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚗𝚐𝚎 𝚖𝚢 𝙻𝚒𝚏𝚎
Chapter 3 | 𝙿𝚛𝚒𝚗𝚌𝚎𝚜𝚜
4 | 𝒫𝒶𝓎 𝒜𝓉𝓉𝑒𝓃𝓉𝒾𝑜𝓃
5 | 𝐿𝒶𝓎𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝓂𝓎 𝑒𝓎𝑒𝓈 𝑜𝓃 𝒽𝑒𝓇
6 | 𝒯𝒽𝑒 𝑅𝑒𝓃𝒹𝑒𝓏-𝒱𝑜𝓊𝓈
7 | 𝐻𝑜𝓃𝑔 𝒦𝑜𝓃𝑔
8 | 𝓢𝓽𝓸𝓹𝓹𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓘𝓽
9 | 𝓛𝓪𝓹-𝓢𝓲𝓽𝓽𝓲𝓷𝓰
10 | 𝓙𝓮𝓪𝓵𝓸𝓾𝓼𝔂
11 | 𝓔𝓷𝓮𝓶𝓲𝓮𝓼
12 | 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔊𝔦𝔣𝔱
14 | 𝔏𝔢𝔱𝔱𝔦𝔫𝔤 𝔏𝔬𝔬𝔰𝔢
15 | ℜ𝔢𝔞𝔩𝔦𝔱𝔶
16 | 𝒢𝑒𝓃𝒾𝑒 𝒾𝓃 𝒶 𝐵❀𝓉𝓉𝓁𝑒
17 | 𝒢𝑜𝑜𝒹𝒷𝓎𝑒
18 | 𝒮𝒸𝓇𝒶𝒷𝒷𝓁𝑒 𝒫𝒾𝑒𝒸𝑒𝓈
19 | 𝒯𝒽𝑒 𝒮𝑒𝒸𝓇𝑒𝓉 𝑀𝑒𝑒𝓉𝒾𝓃𝑔
20 | ᴊᴀᴄᴋᴇᴛ
21 | ᴀ ʟɪꜰᴛ
22 | ᴄᴀʀ ʀɪᴅᴇ
23 | ᴅᴀᴛᴇ
24 | 𝐏𝐨𝐬𝐭-𝐈𝐭 𝐍𝐨𝐭𝐞
25 | 𝐍𝐨𝐭 𝐀𝐥𝐥 𝐑𝐮𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐬 𝐀𝐫𝐞 𝐋𝐢𝐞𝐬
26 | 𝐔𝐧𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰𝐧 𝐍𝐮𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫
27 | 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐎𝐯𝐞𝐫
28 | ᵀʰᵉ ᴬᵈᵈʳᵉˢˢ
29 | "ˢʰⁱᵗ"
30 | ₃ ₐ.ₘ.
31 | ˢᵗᵃⁿᵈⁱⁿᵍ ᵁᵖ ᶠᵒʳ ᴹʸˢᵉˡᶠ
32 | ♥ ᴘɪɴᴛᴇʀᴇꜱᴛ ♥
33 | ♥ ᴛʀᴀᴘᴘᴇᴅ ♥
34 | ♥ ʏᴏᴜ ᴏᴡᴇ ᴍᴇ ♥
35 | ♥ ᴛʜᴇ ᴄᴀʟᴍ ʙᴇꜰᴏʀᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ꜱᴛᴏʀᴍ ♥
36 | 𝒩𝑜 𝒫𝓁𝒶𝓃 𝐵
37 | 𝓖𝓸𝓷𝓮
38 | 𝓔𝓼𝓬𝓪𝓹𝓮
39 | 𝓣𝓪𝓴𝓮𝓷
40 | 𝐆𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐇𝐞𝐫 𝐁𝐚𝐜𝐤
41 | 𝐏𝐮𝐧𝐢𝐬𝐡𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭
42 | 𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐝 𝐒𝐭𝐞𝐩
Epilogue ♥ | 𝐓𝐨𝐠𝐞𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫

13 | 𝔉𝔯𝔢𝔢

13.6K 312 54
By iguessiwritebooksnow

Sophia's POV

A black, lace tank top—where you saw a lot of skin right through—a pair of black combat boots and a belt to go with. That, is what I viewed before me. Did I mention that Liv was rich? She wasn't super-duper rich or anything, but let's just say above average.

"Aaand you're supposed to wear it with this..." She grasped my black, skinny, ripped jeans from my closet. "I already have the whole outfit planned in my head. Oh, and she also has the best taste in fashion!

She went over to my nightstand and opened a small drawer—the first time she came into this room, I showed her where everything was, since she was so curious. She probably knows my room just as best as I do, I thought, watching her. She pulled out a necklace of mine.

"The finishing touch," she said, letting the thin, golden chain dangle from her fingers. I still haven't thanked her for the present and she was already moving on.

This was too much. I feel bad because I don't have the money to buy such presents as these for her. She told me that it didn't matter, but still. In the past, I've finally gotten her to agree with me to not overdo the gifts. She didn't want to give me nothing, but I got this far at least.

"Liv, you—" She gave me that look again. I sighed. "Thank you, really. I love the outfit, the shoes, the belt..."

"Why is there always a 'but' with you?" She laughed and sat down next to me. "Just accept the gift, Sophia. I wanted—and I'm glad I did—to spent money on you, okay?" she told me, offering a reassuring smile.

"Now, try it on. I know you're gonna look amazing in it." I giggled and took the pile of clothes plus the necklace she gave me.

When I had everything on, I cleared my throat, signalling Liv I was done. She hurriedly turned around; impatience laced into her movements. I haven't looked into the mirror yet—I was too scared to.

Her eyes widened, her lips parted and a breath left her mouth. I closed my eyes tightly together. "It looks bad, doesn't it?" I said down-heartedly. I knew it wasn't for me. 

"Are you kidding me?" she cried out. "I might turn bi for you. Damn!

"I don't look...bad?" I asked her unsurely. But to my relief she shook her head and took my hand, twirling me around once. 

"I should have gotten you this outfit years ago!" she exclaimed, a big grin formed on her face, from ear to ear. "You look even better than I expected."

"Thank you," I smiled, turning around slowly to face the mirror behind me. I didn't know what to say, or even think. I looked completely different - well, my body does. It shows my not so many curves more than I've ever seen them. This style is completely new to me, but I quite like it. It makes me look more... 

"You look beautiful, Sophia," said Liv from over my shoulder. I do. I think I look beautiful.

"Can I please curl your hair? Not a lot, just some small curls, you already have wavy hair." I nodded and she made a 'yay' sound, then went to the bathroom across the hall, rummaging through my supplies to find a curling iron. 

She came back and told me to sit down on my chair and close my eyes until she's finished with me. While I patiently waited, she started talking.

"You don't need much makeup, not any at all, but eyeliner would be the finishing touch." 

"Yeah, I can do that," I hummed as she continued curling my hair. 

When she was done, she sounded proud of her work. I opened my eyes and blinked a few times to get used to the light. I stared back at myself in the mirror, I was shocked.

Yes, I already saw the outfit on me and all, and it were only a few curls. But how do I say this without sounding like I'm exaggerating? I can't, because I do look entirely different. 

"Wow," I whispered softly. "Thank you."

"I know, you look hot, right?" she spoke, clapping her hands together. I didn't know if I looked 'hot', but I definitely seemed more confident and older, in a way.

"Okay, so when does it start again?" she asked me while I still gaped at myself in the mirror. She handed me my eyeliner and lip gloss. 

"I think at 8," I answered, taking the products from her hands. Liv told me that it was 7pm already, which meant we still had an hour to do stuff. I guess watching movies, baking and chatting with your best friend really does make time fly by.

-

We were in her car and Liv was driving. The music from the radio echoed throughout the car. In the past hour we just caught up some more and read magazines while jamming to our favourite songs. I texted Natalie, telling her I brought a friend with me, she said it was fine. 

Liv made me drink water and eat something before - something about in case I was going to drink. When she said that to me, I looked at her as if she grew two heads. I would never drink, certainly not without my parents' permission, and they wouldn't even let me drink until I got a job and an apartment to live in. 

"I cannot wait to party!" said Liv. She wore that outfit better than any model would. It was perfect for her and I convinced her to let her take it back with her tomorrow. I've never wore it before and probably never will.

"Yeah, me neither," I replied. But my slightly shaking hands told her a different story. 

"Sophia, you don't have to stress. I'll be with you the whole time, okay? And if you want to go back, I'll take us." Her voice was sincere and soothing. I nodded, appreciating her.

When we arrived at the address, there was no doubt we were at the right place. The music definitely wasn't discreet. I wondered how the neighbors didn't mind. Although it was a mansion - a really, really big and fancy one - so there was some space in-between the houses. 

It was currently 8:45 pm. It started a while ago, but Liv explained to me that if we came in too early, there might not be as many people and good music as now. Something to do with fashion as well, though I didn't understand that part. 

Outside the house were standing, or sitting on the grass, a few people. I think they were smoking, one of them even sniffed a piece of paper. 

"Here we are," Liv said as we stood in front of the open doors of the mansion. There were a lot of teenagers, all dancing. Some alone, others with friends, then there were people rubbing against each other with their bodies. 

The music blasted through the speakers, and it was actually good music. It smelled of alcohol and sweat, but I'll hopefully get used to it. "Your first official high school party."

She raised her eyebrows at me and took me by my arm. "You ready?" She acted as if I was changing my whole life-style or something. I forced out a smile out and squeezed her arm. 

"Alright then..." she mumbled. She seemed nervous herself, which I've rarely ever seen before, but I brushed it off. Probably because she doesn't know anyone here beside me.

We pushed through the crowd of wild teens who were dancing by the entrance, the fresh air outside did good while it lasted. 

We found ourselves in the kitchen, there were less people here, but it definitely wasn't abandoned. This is were all the drinks were kept and the plastic cups. Poor environment, I thought to myself.  

The kitchen was the only room where the lights were fully on. All the other rooms were lit by disco light. They must really be rich-rich. 

While walking over to here, I saw a few people I recognised from school. There were a lot of strangers though, maybe kids from other schools or just random teens that decided to join. I feel bad for the person that needs to clean the house. 

"Here, take this. I'm not going to start dancing without it. And neither are you," Liv said, downing a cup of liquid. I put my nose near the cup and grimaced. Alcohol. 
She saw my expression and laughed. "It's nothing strong, just to get us a little hyper and less self-conscious." She almost had to shout over the music. 

"Nah, I'm alright. Thanks though." I placed the cup down on the counter. 

'For now' I thought I saw Liv mouth. She smirked at me suddenly and came closer. 

"There are boys staring at you," she said into my ear, only loud enough for me to barely hear. I looked over my shoulder and did see boys looking at us. Two of them, I think they were friends. I frowned when I caught one of their eyes. He licked his lip and raised his one brow, as if expecting something from me. What? 

"He wants to dance with you, Sophia," Liv hinted when I didn't move. Although he did look okay and about my age, it didn't feel right. This isn't me. I would never go to a party while my parents were out. They're on a date right now, they haven't been on one in a long time. I called them and said I was sleeping over at a friend's house and Liv came with me.

I lied to my parents. I actually lied about where I was going to them. Believe it or not, this is one of the first times I've ever lied to them. Am I a bad child now? They only want to protect me, and what do I do? I lie.

I shook my head slowly and gazed down at the floor, disappointed in myself. "No, I can't," I said softly. But Liv somehow heard. She rubbed my arm up and down in a calming matter. 

"Is it because of your parents?" she asked me. She knows me too well, sometimes even better than I do myself. I didn't say anything but she understood. She always does.  

"Sophia, you did nothing wrong, okay? They are overly strict, they don't let you do anything. You're a teenager, you need to explore the world, explore boys and friends and parties. If they keep you locked up in their, you'll never get over your anxiety. You'll never meet new people. You'll never have a good and needed youth. You are the only person that I know that hasn't snuck out or lied before," she said, making me feel a lot better. 

She's right, I can't be locked into a cage my whole life. 

"Thank you, Liv. Really." I picked up the cup again and was about to put it against my mouth, but felt a pair of eyes on me. I met gazes with Grayson, who was standing near the exit of the kitchen on the other side. His face was indifferent, his stare hard on my face. There was a girl hanging around him, avidly tugging at his short-sleeved T. 

He made a small movement with his head, as if he were shaking it, but it was so small I might have imagined it. 

The girl was slender and had a dark red dress on that showed off her slim figure. She was absolutely gorgeous. No wonder he was with her. She pressed sloppy kisses all over his neck, and for some reason, that only irked me. 

The fact that he told me not to drink it - well, I think he did - didn't help, either. Why the flip was he telling me what to do? No, this is my time, I told myself. And I'm going to enjoy it the way I want. I haven't felt this free in...ever! And I wasn't going to let that feeling go away that easily. 

I took a big gulp from the drink, it burned my throat a bit, but nothing I couldn't handle. I honestly don't know why people would drink this, it tasted disgusting. But I didn't care in the moment as I swallowed every last bit of this bitter liquid down, all the while keeping eye contact with Grayson. 

The memory of what he did in the cafeteria a few days ago, when Josephine sat on his lap, came back to me, and I guess this was 'revenge'. I steadily set down the cup and licked my lips. His eyes curtly followed the action before finding my eyes again. 

Liv didn't appear to notice what was going on between me and the guy that stood behind her at the door as she cheered and took my hands into hers. "That...That was amazing, Sophia! I didn't know you were the chugging type!" I had no idea what that meant, but I smiled anyway. The repellent taste long gone. 

"Come one, now we're ready to party," she yelled, towing me behind her toward the two boys that watched the whole scene. I didn't feel embarrassed anymore, I loved it. Liv approached the boys and wiggled her brows at me, motioning with her head to take the boy's hand. 

I felt the alcohol kick in as I suddenly didn't feel like myself. I didn't care if anyone was watching, I didn't care that I just drank an entire cup of whatever. I didn't care that Grayson was witnessing all of this. I took his hand tightly in mine and pulled him with me to the dance floor. 

Right when I was about to round the corner and leave the kitchen, I turned my head to look at Grayson. His stunned face was the last thing I saw of him. 

Now it's my turn to leave you dumbfounded.

A/N: By the way, in the country where I live it is legal to drink at such a young age. Please just improvise that they're in a different country or that she's eighteen for this chapter, sorry for any inconveniences!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.1M 53.8K 51
As a result of the tragic death of her father; Heaven Foster's life has mouldered into a exasperating cycle of moving from one home to another. Con...
282K 5.6K 62
He's a guy that doesn't even know the meaning of the word "love." She's a girl who's scared to know what the meaning of the word "love" is. Add them...
2.2K 124 35
Falling in love with your worst enemy is not a simple thing for anyone. ############|||||############## Alex Kensington, heir to a vast medical empi...
23.1K 408 27
Re-writing/editing It's strange how quickly your life can change. How it can go from happiness and joy all the time to sorrow and dread with a single...