Apricity✓|Editing

By fabulot

|COMPLETED| >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Alexandrea Dwayne is a seventeen-year old girl who suffered abuse at the hands o... More

Chapter ONE
Chapter TWO
Chapter THREE
Chapter FOUR
Chapter FIVE
Chapter SIX
Chapter SEVEN
Chapter EIGHT
Chapter NINE
Chapter TEN
Chapter ELEVEN
Chapter TWELVE
Chapter THIRTEEN
Chapter FOURTEEN
Chapter FIFTEEN
Chapter SIXTEEN
Chapter SEVENTEEN
Chapter EIGHTEEN
Chapter NINETEEN
Chapter TWENTY
Chapter TWENTY-ONE
Chapter TWENTY-TWO
Aesthetics!!!!!
Chapter TWENTY- THREE
Chapter TWENTY-FOUR
Chapter TWENTY-FIVE
Chapter TWENTY SIX
Chapter TWENTY-SEVEN
Chapter TWENTY-EIGHT
Chapter TWENTY-NINE
Chapter THIRTY
Chapter THIRTY-ONE
Chapter THIRTY-TWO
Chapter THIRTY-THREE
Chapter THIRTY-FOUR
Chapter THIRTY-FIVE
CHAPTER THIRTY-SIX
CHAPTER THIRTY-SEVEN
Chapter THIRTY-EIGHT
Chapter THIRTY- NINE
Chapter FORTY
Chapter FORTY-ONE
Chapter FORTY- TWO
Chapter FORTY-THREE
Chapter FORTY- FOUR
Chapter FORTY- SIX
Chapter FORTY- SEVEN
Chapter FORTY- EIGHT
Chapter FORTY-NINE
Chapter FIFTY
Chapter FIFTY- ONE
Chapter FIFTY- TWO
Chapter FIFTY THREE
Chapter FIFTY-FOUR
Chapter FIFTY FIVE
Chapter FIFTY- SIX
Chapter FIFTY- SEVEN
Chapter FIFTY- EIGHT
Chapter FIFTY- NINE
Chapter SIXTY
Chapter SIXTY- ONE
Chapter SIXTY- TWO
Chapter SIXTY- THREE
Chapter SIXTY-FOUR
Chapter SIXTY-FIVE
Chapter SIXTY- SIX
Chapter SIXTY-SEVEN
Chapter SIXTY-EIGHT
Chapter SIXTY-NINE
Chapter SEVENTY
Chapter SEVENTY-ONE
Chapter SEVENTY-TWO
Chapter SEVENTY-THREE
Chapter SEVENTY-FOUR
Chapter SEVENTY-FIVE
Chapter SEVENTY-SIX
Chapter SEVENTY-SEVEN
Chapter SEVENTY-EIGHT
Chapter SEVENTY-NINE
Chapter EIGHTY
Chapter EIGHTY-ONE
Chapter EIGHTY-TWO
Chapter EIGHTY- THREE
Chapter EIGHTY-FOUR
(Extra Chapter)- I
(Extra Chapter)- II

Chapter FORTY- FIVE

153 41 85
By fabulot

Alexandrea's P.O.V

Being a student is the worst struggle ever, turns out I came to school towards the ending of the first class. The headache wouldn't stop even after taking some painkillers. I groaned for the millionth time as I walked to my third class for the day. Physics. Yayy!

I walked into the class and headed straight to the seat at the back, right beside the window. Not without having to go through the ear piercing noise of the students in my class. Ugh!. I finally made it there and plopped down on the wooden chair.

I haven't seen both Eli and Nick today. I only saw Bex, who was busy giggling by the side of the hallway with Luke and I waved at her, she waved back before Luke whispered something in her ear making her laugh. The guiltiness was eating me up and I started to doubt. Maybe Lucas is a good person? Just maybe. And maybe he truly like Bex? Just maybe. Yeah, just maybe.

I also saw Zoey who wouldn't even look at me. She has been so awkward lately around Bex and I. It's probably because of what her and Eddy discussed some days ago. Zoey is a bubbly, innocent and carefree person. She's also the most sensitive among us. When I saw her walking into a class, I waved at her. She gave me an awkward smile before rushing into her class.

Now, Eddy. Eddy is the only person that's not awkward or making me doubt. He's still his carefree self. He was walking out of the principal's office when I saw him. Yes, he got detention. I don't know what he did, I think he had a fight?....I'm not sure. He caught my gaze and winked at me. I rolled my eyes and smiled at him. I watched as he took his bag, before heading to the detention room. Oh well..

The students wouldn't stop making noise and it was driving me nuts. Ugh! I can barely think. I was about to leave the class when the teacher entered, making the whole class turn silent. Like pin drop silent. I sat down back and stared at the board, not really paying attention.

I wonder why Eli is not in school and I wonder why Nick is absent as well.....is he ignoring me? I sighed. Mrs King paced back and forth in front of the class as she explained something about difference between nuclear fusion and nuclear fission. Half of the students in the class weren't paying attention and those half were the boys.

She was in a black suit and white shirt tucked in black skirt with a split in the front which showed off her tanned legs as she walked. She obviously enjoyed the attention with the way she pushed her hips to one side and flipped her black long hair over her shoulder whenever a boy raises his hand to ask a question.

I didn't have Physics with Eli but I had Biology class with him and that was after lunch. "Miss Dwyane, are you following?" Mrs King asked. I pasted a smile on my face and sat up.

"Yes ma'am" I answered and thankfully, she nodded before continuing her lecture.

"Now we're going take a short test on this topic. Pass your notes and textbooks to the front" Mrs King said and I froze in my seat. Oh shit. I wasn't even paying attention.

I passed my note to the person in front of me and frowned. I guess I'm gonna fail this test. My mom is gonna be mad at me. She might even ground me. Why is my life so complicated? Ugh!

"Mr Hunter. You're late, again" Mrs King said, grabbing my attention. I looked over to the entrance of the door and saw Nick in a sweatshirt and blue jeans. Mrs King was rather pissed, she hated late comers. With a hand on her waist, she raised an eyebrow at Nick.

"I'm sorry. It won't happen again" Nick said. The whole class went silent. Even the teacher looked quite taken aback by his apology. The Nick everyone else knew would have come up with a with comeback or just ignored the teacher and barged in. But he actually.... apologized.

"Oh" Mrs King blurted before composing herself. "Okay, have your seat. We're about to have a short test on Nuclear Reactions" she said and Nick nodded. He walked in the class and made a brief eye contact with me. I gave him a small wave and a smile. He nodded at me and looked away, taking a seat away from me.

Several grumbles were heard across the class. She walked from row to row, dropping a paper that contained three questions. "Okay, you can start now!" She said. Everyone flipped their paper and began to dribble something down. I wrote down what I knew which was only the first question. The remaining answers were guesses. She collected the papers and left the class as soon the bell rung.

Everyone stood up and began to make their way out of the class. I searched for Nick and saw him standing up from his seat. Springing up from my seat, I made my way over to him. "Morning!" I greeted and he sighed.

"Morning" he said and continued to walk as I tried to keep up the pace with him.

"Have you seen Eli today?" I asked Nick and he shook his head, still walking.

"I haven't, why?" He asked and I shrugged. We continued to walk and I saw a glimpse of Eli in a class. I stopped and held Nick's wrist to stop him as well. "What?" He questioned.

"I think I just saw Eli" I said with furrowed eyebrows. I looked at Nick and he was giving me a plain look.

"You're supposed to see him. He's a student and he goes to this school so seeing him is normal" he said before removing my hand from his wrist and walking down the hallway. I frowned. What's up with him?...

I walked over to the class I saw him in and I saw him seated on a chair and flipping through a book. "Hey!" I smiled as I walked towards him.

"Hi!" He looked up, surprised. "How are you?" He asked. I took a seat beside him.

"Good. What are you doing here all alone? I haven't see you today" I pouted and he smiled but it didn't reach his eye. He reached out a hand to cup my face.

"Just checking out something. Where were you yesterday? You didn't pick my call" he said and I bit my lower lip in thought. Will Nick be comfortable knowing that I told Eli that he is finally telling me of his past and all? If I were the one, I won't so maybe I should value his privacy.

"I...slept off" I said and his smile wavered. He removed his hand from my cheek and nodded.

"Okay. I was worried" he said. I blushed a little and pecked his lips.

"I'm here now." I smiled and he smiled back. We talked about random things for a while. He looked like he wanted to tell me something but he was holding back. I didn't want to force it out, I want him to tell me whatever was bothering him in his own free time.

In some hours time, school was over and students rushed out of the school. Since I had no car, I had to wait for Bex to take me home. She has started becoming distant lately. I know she is happy with Luke and he's making her feel like she's living a fairy tale but I'm still her friend, we hardly even talk anymore.

I felt the vibration on my phone and I checked it to see a text from Bex.

Bex: So sorry babe,
I won't be able to pick you up. Luke has a surprise for me so he's driving us there. I'm so excited.
Forgive me, love you. Xo

I scoffed and angrily shoved my phone in my bag. Eli left early because I told him I would be fine going home with Bex and now, she ditched me. I started to walk home. The cloud started to get darker and the wind was cold. I shoved my hands in the pocket of my hoodie and begun to walk faster.

I saw some people starting to jog. Some droplets of rain started to fall and I could hear the cry of the wind. There was something about the smell of the sand when it's raining, it's just...nice. It started to rain and I thought of jogging home but it was no use, I would still get drenched anyway because my house is not so close to my school.

The rain started to fall harder and by the corner of my eye, I saw a couple kissing in the rain. A small smile formed on my face. Gosh, that's so cliche but romantic. I stopped staring at them like a creep and began to walk faster. By this time, there was hardly anyone on the sidewalks anymore.

I saw a cab pull up beside me then I felt a strong hit of deja Vu. The driver's window rolled down and a man smiled at me. "Madam, come in" he yelled through the rain. Come in? Does he think I'm stupid?

The back window rolled down as well and I saw black hair and green eyes. "You seem to love getting drenched in the rain" his familiar voice said.

I rolled my eyes before opening the door to the back seat and entering, closing the door. I looked beside me and saw Nick looking the opposite way. "Thanks" I muttered.

"Thank the driver, not me" he muttered back. I smiled at the driver and he nodded, giving me a warm smile in return.

I shivered a bit and pulled off my hoodie. "I feel like this has happened before" I said, thoughtfully. "Only then....you weren't this nice" I added, giving Nick a pointed look. He scoffed and looked at me.

"Sir, she'd like to drop here" He said to the driver, keeping his gaze on me. My eyes widened as the driver stopped.

"You're the meanest person ever" I said to him. "I'm not stopping here, sorry" I said, looking at the driver.

The driver nodded and began to drive again. I stuck my tongue out at Nick and he flicked my nose, rolling his eyes. The rest of the car ride was silent. The weather made me feel like sleeping so I started to doze off.

"Alex, don't sleep" I heard Nick say. I ignored him and shifted closer to him, resting my head on his arm. He pushed my head away and I rested it again. After a few struggles he gave up and I smirked, resting my head. Then everything went black.

I don't know how long I slept but I felt someone carry me and I jolted awake. "Nick?" I slurred, not having a clear vision of his face. I yawned, still feeling sleepy.

"What?" He said and I looked around. I realized we were in my house, on the way up the stairs.

"How did you find my keys?" I asked and I heard him sigh. "And why are you carrying me? Drop me!" I said as soon as we got to the top of the stairs.

"Okay" he said and I felt my body hit the floor with a thud. I let out a grunt and my vision cleared as I glared at Nick.

"What the hell? Why did you drop me?!" I snapped at him. He shook his head at me and began to make his way down the stairs. I quickly got up on my feet and blocked his way. "Wait!"

"I'm starting to think you have an obsession with me" he stated and my face warmed up in embarrassment as I scoffed.

"What?! Me?! Obsessed?!! I have a boyfriend!" I said to him and he rolled his eyes.

"Then why are you blocking my path? Do you want me to cuddle you while you sleep or what?" He asked with sarcasm. I rolled my eyes.

"You have a story to complete. Remember?" I raised an eyebrow at him.

"Nope I don't. Now leave the way" he said and started to make his way down again, making me walk down the stairs with my back.

"Stop pretending! C'mon! You promised" I whined, pouting. He sighed and gave me a long, hard glare. I glared right back.

"Fine" he rolled his eyes before turning and walking back up the stairs. I did a short happy dance before following him. I entered my room and found him rummaging my table. I walked over there and smacked his hands away from my stuffs.

"You're invading my privacy" I narrowed my eyes at him and he rolled his eyes before sitting in the bed. I sat beside him. "Well...." I trailed off.

"Won't you get changed out of your wet clothes first?" He raised an eyebrow at me and for the hundredth time, my cheeks turned red. I gave him a pointed look before running to my closet. I wore the hand knitted sweater from my grandma and the sweats I wore yesterday.

I came back to the room, expecting him to have left but surprisingly, he was lying across the bed on his back. His arms were folded behind his head and his eyes were closed. I walked over and sat beside him, observing his face. He didn't look like he was fast asleep but he definitely looked like he hasn't slept in days. How couldn't I have noticed?

Behind the rude and annoying mask, there's a teenage boy with a lot of responsibilities on his shoulders who loves his sister and his granny and would do anything to protect his friends. Yes, that's who he actually is. I raised my hand and softly passed my hand over his messy hair. He looked so peaceful, maybe I should just leave him.

I removed my hand and picked up a blanket, then draped over him. I'm not sleeping anytime soon anyways because of the nightmares. I went to the kitchen and made cupcakes for myself. Then I sat in front of the TV and flipped through the channels while eating the cupcakes. Then I heard the ring of the doorbell. I sighed and checked the time. 8:41pm.

Who could it be by this time?... I thought. I stood up, carrying the plates of pancakes with me, then walked to the door. I opened the door and out of shock, the plate of cupcakes fell from my hand, breaking to a thousand pieces as I stared at the person in front of me. What?!!

××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××
Writer: Hello sweethearts,
There you have it! Cliffhanger, lol, please don't kill me. Thanks just for all the votes and comments in previous chapters. Thanks to the silent readers too, love y'all. And as usual, ten votes!!! <33

Well... don't forget to vote, comment, share and follow. Enjoy!
12/01/2020

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

37K 3.2K 41
After being abducted at the age of 3 and held for 6 years by a man she considered family, Mercedes life changed forever. Now at the age of 23, she'd...
35.9K 1.4K 24
Redeeming love. It's the story of one girl name Adrienne Nelson who try to find her happiness. She never know who is her mother is because it's only...
352 1 33
Hannah Mitchell was just 17 years old when her life was sent in a downward spiral. Her parents are killed in a horrific accident leaving her and her...
800 70 21
"Oh no I'm really dead!! I'm talking to an immortal!!" ** ** ** When a little girl grows up not knowi...