Pretentious (Short Story)

By TobiJaurello

College is somewhat a tiny step of freedom, a subtle preparation for adulthood, or at least that's what Fresh... More

I
III
IV
V - Final

II

1K 61 45
By TobiJaurello

"So, I've had my research." Nic smirked.

"And here is the magestic schedule of Ms. Lauren Jaw-reg-wi?" Nicholas said.

"She has a weird surname." Dinah muttered, trying to pronounce the raven's last name.

"She's Cuban American." Hailee informed.

"It's Jauregui." Camila corrected.

"Huh?" The three asked confused.

"Her surname, it's not Jawregwi. It's Howregi, or Horegi, depending on the accent." Camila informed. Dinah quickly gave her a look of approval and a smirk.

"That's great Walz, you know your latina baby." Dinah teased.

"Oh shut up. I just know how it feels like to her your surname be butchered." Camila chuckled.

"Right, Cabel-lo." Her best friend teased.

"Anyways, back to the plan." Dinah chuckled.

"She's gonna be in building C." Hailee said.

"I'd help you out, but I have my quizzes today." Nicholas shyly said.

"It's alright Nico, you can go now. This is a lot of help already." Camila smiled.

"Well then, I wish you good luck younger ones." He chuckled, before patting their heads and walking away.

"I can't wait for her at building C, I have classes at A." Camila sighed.

"I'll be at the field by then." Dinah groaned.

"And I have classes at D." Hailee chuckled.

"Well, Ms. Jauregui. You're safe at the moment." Dinah said.

"I better get going, it's nearly the start of my major subject." Camila sighed. The trio bid goodbye, before walking their separate ways.

"Shit." Camila mumbled when she saw a familiar figure walking along the building. She quickly turned around, cursing again when she bumped into someone.

"I'm so sorry, I-"

"Yeah." Camila's eyes widened at the voice. She knew the owner of that cold voice. She looked up, and was again met by a pair of emerald eyes.

"Camila?" The brunette heard from behind her.

"Shit!" Camila mumbled, still face to face with the raven.

"I uh, I'm so sorry. I know you have elsewhere to be but please help me." Camila rambled on, clutching onto the raven's jacket.

"Cam-"

"What do you want?" Lauren's cold voice spoke up again, her arms protectively wrapped around the brunette, hiding her face.

"Nothing, I just wanna ask if Cami-"

"I'm not interested." Lauren replied, walking away from the Canadian and holding Camila in her arms.

"Hey! I wasn't done talking to you." Shawn argued, following the raven.

"The hell dude?!" Camila heard the Canadian yell, after she heard a thud.

"Watch where you're going." Another voice growled. Camila felt the raven's arm off her and she finally breathed out.

"Thanks." Camila shyly said, the raven just looked at her and huffed before walking away.

"Lauren!" Camila called, She heard the raven sigh before looking back at her.

"I need your help." Camila said, rushing to follow her.

"No." Lauren replied without a doubt, walking away from the brunette.

"Come on! You haven't even heard my problem." Camila whined.

"I don't need to hear your problem to refuse." Lauren replied, before disappearing from the hall.

"This is going to be tougher than I thought." Camila mumbled, before walking towards her designated room.

"We've got an Ice Queen alert." Hailee announced as they met up at Camila's dormitory.

"What do you mean?" Dinah asked.

"Check this out." Hailee said, handing her phone.

"Lauren!" A group of students said, standing in front of the raven and stopping her tracks.

"We heard you'll be doing Phyiscal Education today." One student said.

"So we brought you energy drinks." Another added.

"I don't drink energy drinks." Lauren mumbled before walking away from the crowd. While the crowd murmured about how they love the raven's coldness.

"Oh wow, you weren't lying." Dinah said, looking at Camila.

"What do you mean?" Hailee asked.

"I met her at Building A earlier." Camila said, before telling her recent encounter with the raven.

"And?" Hailee asked.

"Well, she did help me from hiding Shawn. Before I could tell her my proposal, she walked off." Camila huffed.

"She's a tough one huh?" Dinah chuckled.

"So tough." Camila groaned. There was a moment of silence, before they heard a knock on the door.

"Answer it." Camila whispered to the Polynesian.

"Me?" Dinah asked.

"Yeah, if Mila answer's it and it's Shawn, she's dead." Hailee laughed.

"Then we gotta work hard on Lauren. She's your only chance." Dinah chuckled, walking towards the door while her bestfriend flopped on the bed.

"I got it!" Hailee said

"What?" Camila asked.

"Why don't you try joining the Varsity Club?" Hailee grinned.

"Haiz, I don't have that sixth sense that you guys have." Camila groaned.

"I heard that Lauren often watches the teams during practice. If you manage to get in, you could see her there." Hailee said.

"Here." Dinah chuckled, handing a piece of paper and a chocolate to the brunette.

"Amore,

I'm sorry, I wasn't able to talk to you properly today. I felt jealous of seeing you with that popular photographer. She may be popular, but to me you're still the one I want. Anyways, I was told it wasn't you. I'm sorry."

"Oh wow." Hailee mumbled.

"He really is badly into you." She added.

"But damn! It works!" Hailee cheered.

"It does work." Camila mumbled.

"He stayed away from me for the rest of the day because of that." Camila said in realization.

"A thank you would be nice." Dinah teased, looking up.

"Thank you Chee! You are fucking awesome! Queen B needs to meet you." Camila said, hugging and kissing her best friend's cheek.

"And you!" Camila grinned, looking at Hailee who opened her chocolate bar.

"Me?" Hailee asked, stuffing a chocolate in her mouth.

"You are another brilliant being." Camila grinned, hugging and kissing Hailee's cheek as well.

~

"Hi! I'm Camila Cabello, freshmen. I'm currently taking Fine Arts, and I hope we could all be friends."

"Hello Camila, so what sport do you play?" The president asked.

"I uh, I know a little badminton and some scrabble?" Camila said shyly.

"Scrabble?" One of the panel chuckled.

"Isn't that a sport?"

"Oh my you poor kid." Another panel laughed.

"Why do you want to join the club?" The President asked.

"Well, I don't have that sixth sense most players have but I am willing to-"

"Stop right there Dallas, she's going on my club." Shawn announced, stopping the audition and barging in.

"Shawn? What the hell are you doing here?!" Camila whisper-yelled.

"I came to pick you up amore. I told you, you should stay on the choir club with me instead!" Shawn whined, pulling the brunette away.

"Interesting." Cameron, The President chuckled. As they walked away, the Canadian continued to rant on why Camila would go behind his back to audition at another club. Until,

"Oh my! She's really here!" A student squealed. Camila knew what that meant and smirked, stopping on her tracks while Shawn continued to walk away ranting.

"Hello, I-what?" The brunette said, surprised. The squeal was not because she passed by, but rather because..

"Lauren! Oh my gosh!" A guy named Brad exclaimed, as he tried to hurriedly fill up a form. Once the raven shook her head and walked away from the place, he left the form and the guys and girls disappeared as well.

"Figures." The woman on the desk grumbled, before picking the paper up. Camila continued to furrow her eyebrows and look at the club's competencies.

"Hi! Camila right? Why don't you join the Art club?" Ally smiled, looking at the brunette.

"We don't just focus on drawings, there are different criterias as well. You could take Photography, Painting, Sketching and such." Ally added. The brunette smiled and nodded, earning an approved grin from the woman. Since she was dragged out of the Varsity Club auditions, she might as well join a club that was close to her program.

"Great! Here's the form." Ally smiled. She was a Senior at the Academy, an HRM student to be exact. The brunette gave a soft smile and filled up the form, biting her lip in the process.

"I'll see you at the club meeting on Friday." The woman smiled, while Camila nodded.

"Don't forget to take these. It's free, I made them myself." Ally shyly said, offering her a cookie. Camila gave her a warm smile, before taking a piece and munching on it, her eyes widening at the process.

"Oh wow! You made these?" The brunette exclaimed with her mouth full. Ally felt happy seeing that someone appreciates her baking.

"It's good Ally! Like, really really good." Camila exclaimed, she was obviously fangirling at the woman.

"Because you're such a sweetie, here. Take these. You're probably the last applicant anyways." Ally smiled, handing her the box. Camila nodded happily and didn't think twice as she accepted the cookies before bidding goodbye.

"Lauren! Take this please!" She heard another student said.

"Thanks, but I'm already full." Lauren replied. Camila quickly hid behind a tree with her cookies spying on the raven.

"But I bought this for you." The girl frowned, acting all cute.

"Well, we can take it for you." One of the raven's friend said.

"I made it for Lauren, not for you Vero." The girl replied.

"I know, but do you really want it to go to waste?" Vero chuckled, Lauren on the other hand wore her earphones and walked away from the scenery.

"Ice cold." Camila mumbled, stuffing cookies in her mouth.

"Camila? Where are you?" Shawn's voice echoed again. The brunette quickly ran away from her hiding spot.

"He scares me." The brunette muttered, taking a left turn and entering the library.

"Hang on, please log in." The librarian said, smiling at the brunette. Camila quickly typed her student number at the computer before proceeding to the library.

"Oh my! It's Camila!" One student muttered, looking at the brunette who was currently looking for interesting books to read.

"I don't understand why they prefer Lauren, Camila's nicer." The other one mumbled. Camila chuckled under her breath as she unintentionally heard the conversation.

"Wait, is the guy around?" The first student asked. Camila felt her heart race, knowing it was Shawn.

"No, he isn't. What's his deal anyway?" The second asked.

"I heard he liked Camila since he met her at the entrance examination hall." The first student said.

"Ah, finally." Camila grinned, finally looking at a book she found interesting. As much as she dislike Shawn's clingy attitude, she does not like it when he gets talked around and hated. She doesn't like it when people talk about other's personal lives. Surprisingly, her plan worked. The students went silent after she spoke up a bit loud.

"Love is the Higher Law, David Levithan." Camila muttered, reading the book's overview as she walked towards the back of the library. She usually sits there and flops on the bean bag that was placed at that part. Once the brunette situated herself on the object, she began reading.

"Keana! You coming or what?" She heard a familiar voice, but the brunette didn't mind. She was so into the book she did not care whoever comes.

"Jesus, Can't you be more noisy?" Another voice muttered. The bantering continued for a few minutes until the brunette had enough, she sighed before putting her book down and faced the noise. Once Camila looked up, she was met with a pair of viridescent eyes that became familiar to her over the time. The older one looked away and went back to reading her book before mumbling,

"Could you two shut up already? We're at the library." At this point, the annoyance was evident in Lauren's face.

"I see you." Camila muttered, looking at the message Dinah sent her, attached to it was a picture of Lauren and her sitting across each other and reading different books.

"Talk to her." Dinah texted once more, Camila shook her head and placed her phone down. If anything, she just wants to read.

"Thanks." Camila muttered, glancing towards Lauren who glanced at her before looking back at her book. Camila sighed before reading again.

"You're welcome." The brunette froze at the words she heard.

"Did she talk to me?" Camila thought in surprise.  The brown-eyed girl quickly looked up, confused to see that the raven was not there anymore but a book was in her seat.

"She's reading a different book, but with the same author." Camila muttered as she examine the book. She heard someone clear her throat, startling her.

"God, you scared me." Camila mumbled.

"God is an overstatement, call me Lauren." The raven said, for the first time in days she was not so cold.

"Shut up." Camila glared, walking back to her seat.

"So, Lauren." Camila started, the raven looked at her but did not speak.

"Again, about my proposal-which you didn't here last time." Camila said, the raven shook her head and went back to reading her book.

"Lauren." Camila whined, the raven then again glanced at her.

"I need your help with something." Camila pouted. The raven looked at her and placed her book down before gesturing that she can't speak.

"You spoke earlier, why not now?" Camila groaned, Lauren was indeed difficult. The raven then made a gesture and pointed at Camila.

"Me?" Camila asked, the raven raised her eyebrow in confirmation.

"What did I-Oh shit I'm sorry. I didn't mean to, don't take it literally." Camila apologized, realizing that she told the raven to shut up.

"Hang on, if you followed that. Does that mean you'll listen to my proposal?" Camila grinned.

"No." Lauren replied, reading her book.

"Damn it. I'm gonna tell it anyways." Camila muttered.

"Be my girlfriend." Camila finally blurted out, the raven glanced at her and raised her eyebrow before shaking her head.

"No." Camila sighed and stood up from her bean bag, pulling it towards the raven, before sitting down beside her.

"Come on, it doesn't have to be real. I just need someone to act like my girlfriend or pretend they like me." Camila frowned.

"You see, remember that guy that was looking for me? He's been really clingy since he found out I was in this school." Camila added. Lauren on the other hand continued to read her book, flipping the pages once she's done.

"You have friends." Lauren replied.

"But he knows my friends, you're my-"

"No." Lauren replied, standing up.

"I'll keep on bugging you until you say yes to me." Camila warned, looking at the raven. Lauren glanced at her one more time before turning around and walking away.

"No Camila."

"Did she just call you by your name?!" Dinah whisper-yelled, rushing to her best friend who was somewhat, in awe.

"I think she did." Camila replied, it was just a simple name calling but she felt butterflies.

~

"Hi Everyone, My name is Ally. I'm the current President of the Art Club! I want to welcome you all for coming here." Ally smiled, clapping her hands.

"So as I've noticed, a lot of you decided to join the club. So if you came in here for-"

"Where are you?" Camila read through her text message that she received from Dinah. She was about to reply when she realized it was rude of her.

"I suggest you leave now." Ally said strictly. Camila felt confused, she didn't know what Ally just said but she felt her hands tremble in fear at the sight of the woman looking strict. She didn't know if she was supposed to leave as well or stay.

"Gosh." Ally sighed, seeing that more than half of those who signed up stood up and left. The woman looked at the curtains behind her before grumpily speaking.

"This is all your fault." Ally said.

"Alright, since we got all that clear. Let's start to introduce ourselves!" One by one, the students introduced themselves, talking about why they decided to join the club.

"Alright thanks, up next is Camila." Ally announced, Camila who was at the back stood up and went to introduce herself.

"Hi, I'm Camila. I joined because I was also recruited by Ally on the day of Club picking. Her cookies got me to join." Camila joked, to her surprise the club let out a chuckled.

"Oh wow-I'm sorry." Camila chuckled.

"It's just that no one appreciates my jokes. I was gonna say I hope we become friends, But I figured we'll be friends." Camila smiled, before going back to her seat she noticed that Lauren had a subtle smirk on her face. The introduction continued, and by the end the members are already laughing and talking to each other.

"Alright, since like I said the Art club is divided into various categories. There's Films and Photography, Sketches, Paintings, and sometimes-on special occasions-we like to do Singing and Dancing too." Ally smiled.

"Welcome to the Club!" Ally smiled, clapping her hands.

"For our first activity, you're going to explore your Art specialization. I'm giving you 30 minutes to Draw your sketch, or paint, as for those who picked Photography I'm giving you 30 minutes to take 10 shots. The topic is candid shots." Ally informed, she handed materials for those with "talented hands" as Camila would call them.

"Who's taking photography?" Ally asked, Camila raised her hand along with 6 other students.

"Alright, since we have only three cameras available. Let's group you guys in pairs." Ally said. 

"The pairs will have 15 minutes." Camila bit her lip at the announcement, but nodded anyways. Apparently, those who raised their hands knew each other.

"So in this box are numbers from 1 to 3, those with the same numbers will stick together." Ally noted.

"I hope we get the pair numbers." One student muttered to the other.

"Hang on." Ally said, looking at the last girl that was in the line.

"I thought I only counted six." Ally mumbled to herself.

"I'll pair with Camila." All the attention turned towards the person who went out behind the curtains.

"You know each other?" Ally asked, looking at Camila and the raven back and forth.

"Uh.." Camila muttered. Truth is, she joined the art club because she thought they regularly sing or dance. Since she was not well versed with Paintings and Sketches, the only thing she can grasp on is Photography. Yet it seemed that luck was on her side this time.

"Yeah." Lauren said, looking at the brunette. Camila felt all eyes on her, even those beside her looked at her in jealousy.

"Lauren, I'm the last in line. Perhaps you could just pair with me?" The blonde said.

"Is Camila your name?" The raven asked, not even bothering to look at the blonde.

"Alright, go ahead." Ally chuckled, pushing Lauren away from the group, yet the raven didn't budge.

"Get out." Ally said through gritted teeth when Lauren turned to face her before looking at the blonde.

"Come on, Time's ticking." Camila chuckled nervously, holding Lauren's wrist and dragging her out of the room.

"Flirt." Lauren mumbled in annoyance.

"Excuse me, I wasn't flirti-"

"No, I meant the blonde." Lauren clarified before taking the camera off her neck.

"Here." She said, handing Camila the object.

"No, you go ahead. I might take too much time." Camila refused politely. The raven nodded in understanding before walking away.

"Where are you going?!" Camila exclaimed.

"Getting candids." Lauren replied, walking towards the stairs. Camila huffed before sitting back and crossing her arms.

"And I thought we we-" Camila started to mumble.

"Here." Lauren said, handing the camera.

"I thought you're taking candids?" Camila asked.

"I already did. You can use the rest of the time. I already have some candid shots there." Lauren said, Camila on the other hand nodded.

"I'll accompany you." Lauren stated.

"No! Don't. It'll make me nervous." Camila shyly said.

"I'd let you be, but you're holding my camera." Lauren shook her head.

"Oh yeah. You must be warned though, I may snap anytime." Camila joked. She nodded when she realized Lauren was a tough crowd, to her surprise she heard a suppressed laugh.

"Did you just-" Camila said looking at Lauren in amusement and excitement combined. The raven was smiling and chuckling.

"I made you smile! Oh my God!" Camila exclaimed, rejoicing.

"Shut up." Lauren said, shaking her head and walking away.

"Make me." Camila teased.

"I made you smile, no one ca-"

"Are you sure I can't make you shut up?" Lauren smirked, hovering above the brunette. Camila felt her breath hitch when she realized how close they were.  Lauren had both arms on the wall, and was leaning down to her. Since she was sitting, she had no escape.

"I thought so." Lauren smirked before moving away, just as she did the door opened. The pairs looked at the two of them, but mostly at Camila in jealousy. The brunette let out an exhale when she realized she was holding her breath.

"Start snapping!" Ally said, looking at Camila and Lauren.

"We are." Lauren answered, pulling Camila by the arm.

"Damn it." The brunette groaned in frustration. Lauren, who was sitting by the bench and watching her finally sighed and walked up to her.

"You should try taking it in a different angle." Lauren said.

"Guess what smarty pants, I am." Camila said annoyed.

"You're such an idiot." Lauren muttered, fixing the camera settings.

"There." The raven said.

"You should always consider the ISO, as well as the aperture and shutter speed." Lauren added, looking at Camila.

"Try it." The brunette nodded before situating the camera on a bird that was by the tree.

"I did it!" Camila exclaimed, looking at the raven.

"Thank you." Camila smiled, taking a few other pictures. A few more minutes, and the brunette was enjoying the newly taught knowledge she had.

"So Lauren." Camila grinned, the raven looked at her and hummed in response.

"Will you finally agree to my proposal?"

"Did you join the club in hopes of me agreeing?" Lauren asked, furrowing her eyebrows.

"No, in fact I didn't know you were a part of this club. I tried joining the varsity team because I heard you-"

"I what?" Lauren said, unamused.

"Nothing." Camila mumbled, gently telling herself to shut up.

"Didn't you hear what Ally said?" Lauren asked.

"What do you mean?" Camila asked.

"She told those who joined the club because of me to get out." Lauren said, hinting something.

"Sorry to get your hopes up Ms. Popular, But I came here to join because Ally recruited me. I also wanted to learn a few things since it's related to my program." Camila shot back, shaking her head and glaring at the raven.

"Okay." Lauren replied, raising both her hands up in defense. Lauren then started to fan herself and even her jacket while they made their way back to their club room.

"Look." Camila grinned, showing the picture she just took. The raven looked at it and nodded, giving her a thumbs up.

"Thats great, but don't use me as your subject." Lauren said, shaking her head.

"You all did great!" Ally exclaimed, clapping her hands at the artwork they passed.

"I look forward to more Art sessions with you guys! Take care and God bless!" Ally smiled, waving goodbye to the students.

"Camila, you did great!" Ally smiled hugging the brunette.

"Thank you Als." Camila smiled before walking out the door.

"Ouch!" Lauren exclaimed.

"That's for misbehaving earlier. That student was just asking you." Ally glared.

"I made myself clear didn't I? Was she deaf or something?" Lauren asked.

"Also, I saw your pictures. Why did you take one recent candid?" Ally asked.

"I didn't."

"Don't play dumb with me. I've seen all your other shots! The recent one is this!" Ally exclaimed, showing the picture.

"But I do like this shot." Ally teased.

"Of course you do." Lauren said, shaking her head.

"I'm leaving now." Lauren added, hugging her friend.

"Behave alright!" Ally reminded. The raven shook her head in response before walking out the door.

"Lauren!" The green-eyed girl sighed, she was about to diss whoever called her, but stopped when she saw who it was.

"I just want to say thanks for earlier." Camila said, smiling at the raven.

"It was nothing, you had talent for it." Lauren said, walking ahead.

"Since we're on good terms." Camila grinned.

"No." Lauren responded.

"Oh come on!" Camila whined, following the raven.

"Come on, please just help me." Camila begged, looking at the raven who had her eyebrows raised.

"10 seconds." Lauren said.

"Okay, so like I said I need you to pretend-"

"What's in it for me?" Lauren asked.

"Uh.. well-" The raven looked at her and scoffed before shaking her head.

"Times up." Camila groaned at the raven.

"10 more seconds!"

"You really are desperate." Lauren chuckled before walking away from Camila.

"Come on!" The brunette groaned, taking a sip of her drink.

"Hi Camila!" The brown-eyed girl jumped in both fright and surprise, accidentally dropping her beverage.

"I just opened that." Camila sighed, looking at her now empty coconut water bottle that was on the floor.

"I'll buy you a new one." The young man smiled, clinging onto the brunette's arm, while the brunette gently pulled her arm away.

"Why didn't you come and see me on the choir group? I auditioned for you." The canadian frowned, all Camila could do was let out an uncomfortable chuckle.

"Sorry, I was busy." Camila replied.

"You're always busy. You're lucky I still like you." Shawn smiled happily. All the brunette could do was sigh in disappointment while the Canadian continued to tell her about his audition.

"Anyways, they accepted me." Shawn said, Camila nodded while she sat down on the cafeteria table. She wanted to go home, but apparently she was dragged by the Canadian to the cafeteria since he promised to replace the water Camila accidentally spilled because of him.

"Amore, I bo-"

"Here." Lauren said, placing a bottle of coconut water on the table in front of Camila.

"Excuse me, but she doesn't like that at the moment, I brought her milkshakes.." Shawn said, pushing Lauren's beverage away. The raven did not respond, rather the placed the bottle back in Camila's view again.

"I said, she wants the smoothie." Shawn growled.

"Did you ask her what she wants?" Lauren shot back. Shawn was taken a back by the sudden comeback. Usually those who tried to approach the brunette are thrown away by him, yet this one was a challenge.

"Who the hell are you?" Shawn said.

"Stop it Shawn." Camila said, trying to stop the forming argument.

"I don't do introductions." Lauren said, opening the bottle of coconut water and handing it to Camila.

"You did not just-" Lauren said furious, when the Canadian swatted the drink away. Camila jumped in shock when a few of it spilled on her shirt.

"What the hell?!" Camila exclaimed, standing up and wiping her shirt. The two on the other hand continued to argue.

"She wants the smoothie." Shawn spat angrily.

"Don't act like you know my girl." Lauren growled, taking her jacket off and placing it on Camila's shoulders. Lauren didn't say another word, rather she placed her hands on Camila's waist and pulled her away from the place, leaving a dumbfounded Shawn.

"W-"

"You looked like you needed help, so I went in." Lauren said, cutting the brunette off once they were out of sight.

"Do you now see what I deal through everyday?" Camila asked, the raven chuckled before nodding.

"So, will you help me?" Camila asked.

"Why do I need to help you pretend, when we can be together for real?" Lauren smirked, looking at the brunette suggestively.

"Lauren!" Camila exclaimed, slapping the older ones arm.

"Fine. Pretending is better than nothing." Lauren muttered.

"What?" Camila asked.

"Nothing." Lauren replied, handing the brunette another bottle of coconut water.

"No thanks, I think I've had enough of that today. It kept on spilling." Camila chuckled.

"What the hell are you doing?!" Camila exclaimed when Lauren stopped on her tracks and got a cutter out, making an incision on the cap.

"This one won't, I promise." Lauren said placing a metal straw on the whole she made before handing to the brunette. Camila felt her heart flutter at the gesture, Lauren was indeed something else.

"Take it." Lauren said, she wasn't cold but she wasn't smiling as well. Yet the tone of her voice simply noted that she was geniunely offering it to the brunette.

"I'd take you home, but I don't have my car with me." Lauren said, looking around.

"But I don't think he'll bother you here."

"It's fine, my dormitory isn't too far anyway." Camila chuckled.

"Plus you've done so much for me today, I don't even know how to repay you." Camila responded.

"Just smile, and you're paid." Lauren said, Camila went silent.

"Is she teasing me? Or is she like this normally?" Camila thought to herself.

"I guess that made you feel butterflies? Noted." Lauren chuckled softly.

"You chuckled again!" Camila exclaimed.

"Today is a good day!" The brunette exclaimed.

"So that's what you want." Lauren said, nodding.

"What do you mean?" Camila asked.

"I'm guessing the way you want your girlfriend to act." Lauren said.

"You don't have to act silly!" Camila giggled.

"I'm fine with how you act towards me." The brunette smiled.

"So you don't want me all lovey dovey?" Lauren asked while Camila nodded.

"I want you to stop acting and be yourself." Camila smiled, Lauren didn't say another word but just nodded before turning to the right and walking away. Camila chuckled to herself while she watched the raven place her earphones on, shaking her head.

"That was quick." Camila chuckled before taking a sip of her drink and clutching the jacket.

"Lauren!" Camila exclaimed, realizing that the raven's jacket was still with her.

"Who am I kidding, she has earphones on." Camila muttered to herself before walking the opposite way.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

213K 6.8K 62
Success is something desired by many.. Camila Cabello however knew that the very word was next to impossible to achieve.. so she created her own vers...
25.4K 1.1K 34
Lauren was a celebrated young director in the industry. She owned a production house where she spent most of her time doing things she loved. Her med...
118K 7K 15
Camila has spent the last few months of her life talking to a girl who she thinks she's falling for. But she has no idea who the girl actually is, or...
148K 3.8K 22