Roses & Riches [ Aaron Hotchn...

By mayberrymaxwell

As a student facing the struggles of increasing debt, you decide to seek a new source of income to support yo... More

chapter one
chapter two
chapter four
chapter five
chapter six
chapter seven

chapter three

1.4K 50 42
By mayberrymaxwell

Author's Note: Omg I'm posting twice in one day! There may be another one coming soon ;) Hope you are enjoying so far. The next chapter is going to be a good one so be sure to watch out for that one. Happy reading! And thanks for all the support on the new story.

The next two days were spent texting Aaron and sharing little details about each other, still maintaining some personal privacy.

He talked about how much he has loved living in Virginia but that Seattle was an eye opening experience for him. You both shared your love for literature and 80s movies. Still, there was no talk of meeting up.

It was nice that he was taking it slow. The two of you were actually getting to know each other, you looked forward to seeing his texts.

Thursday morning came around, it was 7:30am. You had no class but instead a day of work at the coffee shop. You were excited to wake up and go to work, for the first time in a long time.

You made your way to the kitchen to grab some breakfast and a protein shake. Hearing that Aaron wakes up at 5:30am to go for a run and eat breakfast, well, it made you think that you should try to eat 3 meals a day. Coffee isn't supposed to be a meal.

You turned on some music, John Mayer's 'Gravity' playing over the stereo. You found yourself dancing in the kitchen as you make oatmeal.

"Well someone is extra cheery this morning, jeez", Jo says to you as she peers out of her room and plants herself on the couch.

"What? No. I'm in just the same mood I always am", you respond.

"Sure, you tell yourself that. Is that fresh coffee I smell?", she turns around to face you in the kitchen.

"Maybe", you say to her.

"Think there might be any extra for your beautiful roommate and best friend who loves you dearly?", she pouts.

"Well, I might have assumed that you'd be desperate for caffeine and starving so there's a fresh cup of coffee and bowl oatmeal with your name on it", you wink at her.

"I love you and I love whatever or whoever put you in this mood", she winks back at you.

"Anytime. And wait what?", you squint your eyes at her.

"Nothing, love you. Have a good day at work!", she says cheerfully.

After you finish eating your breakfast, you head to your bathroom to jump in the shower and get ready for work.

You look down at your phone.

(1 New Message)

From: Aaron

"I know you may not be up yet but good morning"

To: Aaron

"Hey, I'll have you know mister that I've been up for an hour and I made breakfast"

Again, you find yourself smiling just looking at the messages.

You take a nice long shower and feel like a new woman stepping out of the tub.

Today is going to be a good day.

Looking down at your phone, you see it light up with a new message.

From: Aaron

"Mister? Oh well I stand corrected, early bird. Also, no coffee as a meal? Impressive."

To: Aaron

"I'll have you know, I'm full of surprises"

From: Aaron

"I'm sure you are. I have to head to a meeting but have a good day at work. Talk later."

To: Aaron

"Okay, talk later."

After you were dressed, you headed off to work. Walking in, you smell the fresh brewing coffee and pastries in the oven. A smile beams on your face.

"Good Morning, Heather", you say to your manager.

"Someone's cheery this morning...", she responds with wide eyes.

"Why does everyone keep saying that?", you sneer.

"I don't know, there's just something different. An extra pep in your step I guess...", she says as she hands you your apron.

The day goes by, the usual customers come in and talk to you as they work.

You started to notice you had a little more energy, less gloomy of some sort.

You walk over to some of the customers around the shop, asking if they need anything.

You see a man in the corner of the shop, dark hair and a suit. Possibly tall. Looks like a typical D.C. suit guy. He's drinking an espresso and filling out paperwork. Checking his phone every once in a while.

Hm. You think to yourself, not bad looking.

Watching the customers was sometimes an entertaining way to get through the day.

There was another woman sitting by the bookshelf, filling out a journal of some sorts. She was a regular. One time you asked her why she always sits in that spot, she liked the smell of the older books.

You couldn't blame her, there was something nostalgic about that smell: old books, coffee brewing, and people talking everywhere.

You make your way around, saying hello and taking orders.

Walking up to the man in the suit, you ask "Hi there. Anything else I can get you?"

"Hello. No, thank you though—uh, Brenda"

"Let me know if you change your mind. Actually, it's Y/n. I just left my name tag at home", you walk away.

For the next hour or so, you notice him glancing at you every once in a while.

Man something is in the air today, I don't know what it is.

While on break, you pick up your phone to see a message from Aaron.

From Aaron:

"Hope work is treating you well, today has sure been a good day."

To: Aaron

"Everyone around me keeps calling me 'cheery' so I don't know what it is but today is a good day"

From: Aaron

"Hm. Wonder why today is going so well..."

To: Aaron

"Hm. Couldn't tell ya"

From: Aaron

"Ok well when you figure it out, be sure to let me know"

To: Aaron

"Will do. ;)"

From: Aaron

"So what are your plans after work?"

To: Aaron

"Dinner, sweatpants, a movie, and a bottle of wine. You?"

From: Aaron

"Sounds relaxing. Probably dinner, paperwork, and glass of scotch."

To: Aaron

"That sounds like a ball."

From: Aaron

"Absolutely. So..."

To: Aaron

"So..."

From: Aaron

"I was wondering if you might want to go out for dinner tomorrow night."

You figured when the time came to go out, you might feel nervous or uncomfortable. But all of the conversations and easy flow of getting to know each other this past week put you at ease.

Instead of feeling weird about you, you couldn't help but try to hold back that you were smiling.

To: Aaron

"Of course. I'd love to."

From: Aaron

"Great. I can send you the details later tonight. Would you like me to pick you up or meet you there?"

To: Aaron

"I can meet you there. Can't wait. My break is almost over :( "

From: Aaron

"I have to head to a meeting but I look forward to seeing you tomorrow night :)"

You walk back out into the public space of the cafe. The man in the suit and a few others had left, quieting the place a bit more.

When work was over, you went home and started searching through your closet.

Ok. A date, I think? Is it a date? Is that what we call it? We can do this. Just have to figure out what to wear.

You start searching through your dresses, nothing catching your eye.

I need something mature but sexy but not too much or too loud. Ugh I don't know.

I guess, it's time to go shopping.

You were definitely nervous. But almost nervous excited. This was going to be different from any "date" you've ever had but it's not like that bar is that high in comparison to your former dates.

The worst thing that can happen is that it's weird and I don't see myself going out with him again. In that case, it's a nice dinner and you move on. There's nothing wrong with that.

So it was set, tomorrow night you were having dinner with a sugar daddy...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

387K 8.5K 26
"I know you hate me." His hands paused at your cheeks, yearning to explore. "Is this something you want to continue?" "Yes." "Good. Because I'm going...
54.4K 1.2K 32
πˆπ“'𝐒 π“πˆπŒπ„ π“πŽ π†πŽ "π™¨π™€π™’π™šπ™©π™žπ™’π™šπ™¨ π™œπ™žπ™«π™žπ™£π™œ π™ͺπ™₯ π™žπ™¨ π™©π™π™š π™¨π™©π™§π™€π™£π™œ π™©π™π™žπ™£π™œ" Ivy Hotchner is attempting to follow in her fat...
1.8K 37 14
β‹†βœ§ο½₯゚: *✧ο½₯゚:*This is an Aaron Hotchner x OC (female) story set in the Criminal Minds universe. Please leave feedback and feel free to vote! Warning: M...
758K 20K 41
━━━━ ππ€πˆππŠπˆπ‹π‹π„π‘ 〝 you know, your brain actually begins to deteriorate by age twenty-seven. γ€ž 〝 you must be...