affluenza (1.) | ✔️

By joeyyyyyy101

"This story is about the boy I loved. This is about his suffering. This is about my suffering. All of it due... More

Extended Summary
AUTHORS NOTE
Songs and Aesthetics
Prologue // Braylen Adams
Prologue // Sebastian Grey
Dry-humping and Balconies
Talk Me Down
Sebastian v. Braylen
Fourth Grade All Over Again
Drive-in Disasters
Not Friends-Zone
Surf's Up
Blues
Runaway
Ash's Bash
Realization
Who You Are
Together
Clean Up
All Washed Up
The Great Chlorine Caper
Mashed Potatoes and Music Rooms
Little Rainbow
The Ruining
Turkey Day
Family
Waltz
Interlude // Braylen Adams
Interlude // Sebastian Grey
Santa's Speedo
Make-ups at Moku
Plans
Boyfriends
Size Thirteen In Men's
Okay Days
Wipeout
Feel The Same
Chain Reaction
Where You Go
Worth
The Trouble with Trust
Hiro
Never Really Over
Yet
Start Over
Will Power
Double Negative = Positive
Interlude // Sebastian Grey
The View
Hometown
Prince of Malibu
Nothing Else
To Be Good Enough
Pretty
In and Out
The Big One-Eight
Evan North
Because of You
Nothing
The Ball
Half-Happy Ending
Epilogue // Braylen Adams
Epilogue // Sebastian Grey
AUTHORS NOTE
***
SEQUEL!!!!!

Interlude // Braylen Adams

242 24 17
By joeyyyyyy101

DEAR MR. PETERSON,

One of the very first things we learned in my astronomy class was that it takes 365 days for the Earth to complete a single orbit around the sun. For 4.54 billion years, the Earth has done this. It has never stopped, never asked for a break, never died out. It just keeps circling and circling and circling the sun until it ends up back where it began. Happy freaking New Year.

I knew this before I took that course my senior year, of course. But I don't think I fully measured just how much a year could change things. At this point in my life, a year ago I believed that Sebastian Grey was my greatest enemy. And then suddenly, with no gravitational shift and no lunar eclipse to warn me, he became my greatest love. And then some.

I think about it sometimes. What would happen if the Earth just...stopped. If it became fed up with the repetition and gave up trying to complete it's orbit. The long answer is that due to the loss of the centripetal force, the Earth would fall directly into the Sun, but not until a month later. We'd have to sit and watch as the world got hotter, sit and watch as the world went up in flames right in front of us, with nothing we could do about it.

The short answer is that the world would burn.

There's no metaphor that I'm here to spell out for you here, sir. I'm not here to tell you that I am the moon and he was the sun and we were doomed from the start. I don't have the energy to turn this into something beautiful. Because it's not. It wasn't. It was fiery and painful and not beautiful.

I don't have any metaphors. None, other than the ones you've come up with yourself.

The truth is, I'm all out of metaphors. I am no longer orbiting. I am slowly falling,
falling,
falling.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

199K 14.5K 17
Two childhood best friends. One accidental kiss. A summer that changes everything. *** Felipe Rivera has a problem. Several problems, really; as if...
22.5K 5.4K 92
|𝟑𝐱 𝐅𝐄𝐀𝐓𝐔𝐑𝐄𝐃| In this touching coming of age drama, 𝐒𝐀𝐌𝐔𝐄𝐋 goes through life in search of answers that no one can supply him with. Wh...
7.5K 642 42
Diego Santiago was not your average teenager. He had a loving mother, a great best friend, a beautiful friend, an ex-boyfriend that gave him a traum...
9.8K 821 26
[BXB] Romeo, exhausted by his apathetic relationships, is desperate to prove to himself that he can find love. Rodney, reckless and exciting, is unl...