The Fear of the Past //Saioum...

By WoahLuci

There was a new motive. One person would be chosen to get their memories before the killing game. Depending o... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter. 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Not a update, but a note. (Ignore if wanted)
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Special Chapter 1
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Notice
Chapter 19
Special Chapter 2
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 23 prt.1
Chapter 23 prt.2
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Special Chapter 3
The mastermind
Chapter 30(fake)
Chapter 30
Chapter 31

Chapter 22

2.4K 109 131
By WoahLuci

Kokichi stood inside The Shrine of Judgement, waiting for the others to arrive. Since he was with Kirumi at the time the announcement had played, they had went in together.

He tapped his foot slightly against the floor as the others started coming in. Kirumi noticed his behavior and gave him a worried look.

"Is something the matter?" Kirumi whispered loud enough that Kokichi could hear her, but low enough that nobody else could hear her. "You seem to be anxious."

Kokichi stoped the tapping and turned to look at her. "Pffft- me? Anxious? Ha! No way!" He thought about it for a while before talking again. "Kirumi, it's fiiinee. I'm okay, it's just that... I'm impatient for the trial to start. Everyone is so slow coming in here."

Kokichi felt weird while saying that. He wasn't used to opening up to others, so telling Kirumi how he really was feeling was new to him. But even so, he had to admit that it felt nice.

Kirumi opened her mouth to say something else, but was interrupted when the last of the students came in and shut the door. She turned to look at Kokichi and nodded. He understood what she was trying to say.

"Come on guys! We can do this! If we just work together, I'm sure that we can find the one who... killed Angie!" Kaede said positively as she and Shuichi walked up to the statue.

After some tinkering and touching, the statue started moving. Soon, an entrance to an elevator was revealed.

The remaining students looked at themselves hesitantly, but after remembering Kaede's speech, they put on a face of determination and walked inside.

Kokichi stood there not moving, just staring at the students. Once he realized what he had been doing, he hurried to go inside the elevator and join them.

The elevator ride was completely quiet. If a mind reader had been in the room, all he would hear would either be people reviewing what they found in the investigation, or people suspecting others. It'd probably be a mess in everyone's minds. It made Kokichi glad he wasn't a mind reader.

After a while of them just standing there in silence, the elevator stopped and the doors opened to reveal the courtyard. Kokichi's expression hardened as he stepped in. It was now, or never.

Monokuma watched the students get into their assigned podiums, and once they were all in, he stood up.

He stretched his arms up. "Let's begin with a basic explanation of the class trial! So, your votes will determine the results. If you can figure out whodunnit then only they will receive punishment. But if you pick the wrong one... then I'll punish everyone besides the blackened, and the one that deceived everyone else will graduate!"

Kokichi got the same shiver he got everytime Monokuma explained the rules. They were fair, yet so unfair at the same time.

As Monokuma rambled on, Kokichi griped tightly the podium he was on, reviewing quickly his information.

"Now, let's start this crazy awsome, totally not boring class trial!" Monokuma exclaimed before sitting down and giving them the 'go ahead' gesture.

"So, what should we discuss first?" Kirumi started them off.

"Hmmm, how about the murder weapon?" Kaede responded. "I mean, we gotta start somewhere right?"

"Yes, Kaede is right. Let's discuss the murder weapon." Kiibo chimed in while raising one finger.

Endless Debate Start!:

"According to the Monokuma File, Angie's cause of death were burn marks." Kirumi said.

"She was probably burned using magic!" Himiko threw her arms up before adding. "It wasn't, me though."

"Maybe somebody used a seance to conduct the murder.." Kiyo murmed more to himself than to them.

"Ha! I know the answer!" Miu claimed proudly. "He was burned using fire!"

"No, that's wrong!" Shuichi exclaimed.

Endless Debate End!

"Eek?! W-what do you mean I'm w-wrong?!" Miu pointed accusingly.

"Ah, I don't believe that she was burned using fire." Shuichi explained. "Her skin is burned, but not by fire exactly. Instead, she was burned by..."

"By what? Shuichi, complete your statement." Maki crossed her arms.

"Ah, okay sorry. I believe that she was burned using strong chemicals." Shuichi said.

"Chemicals? What do you mean?" Kaito asked while scratching the back of his neck in confusion.

"Of course you wouldn't get it." Kokichi rolled his eyes as he crossed his arms. "Tell 'em Shuichi."

Shuichi looked suprised for a moment before nodding. "The skin doesn't seem like the skin of a burnt person. It seems more wrinkly instead of burned. Plus, only a small area of skin is burned. If it was burned with fire, a larger area would be burned."

"Shuichi, there's something wrong with those words." Ryoma interrupted his explanation.

Shuichi looked at him suprised. "Eh? What do you mean?"

"You mentioned that if the skin was burned with fire then a larger area would've been burned." Ryoma responded while pushing his hat up. "But what's to say that the culprit didn't take their time to just burn a small area?"

Shuichi thought about it for a while before responding. "If the culprit would've done that, that must've taken a long time. The culprit didn't have that time."

"What makes you say that?" Kaito asked.

"The reason I say that the culprit didn't have enough time was because of how long they had available in the dining hall. The dining hall is only available at 8am, and the body was discovered around 8:30am. This gives them a 30 minute window." Shuichi informed them.

"Ah but Shuichi. What makes you sure that the culprit didn't get in there before 8am?" Kaede asked. Even if she did know the answer, she wanted to give Shuichi confidence in his answer.

"How about we ask Monokuma?" Kokichi interrupted them.

"Hmm, what was that?" Monokuma seemed to have spaced out. "Oh, what happens when somebody breaks the rules? Well, an alarm rings through out the whole school, and the person breaking the rules will be exterminated!"

Kokichi nodded his thanks and turned back to Kaede. "There's your answer! Continue Shuichi."

"I uh- thanks?" Shuichi coughed quietly before counting. "Okay, so the alarm didn't ring. That means that the culprit entered after 8. 30 minutes isn't enough to make a careful burn."

Ryoma thought about it for a while before nodding. "I see, it appears as if I've made a mistake. Thank you for the clarification."

Shuichi nodded.

"Okay, it's a good thing that we know what the weapon was." Korekiyo started. "But we do not know where the weapon was taken from." 

"That is a good point." Kirumi chimed in. "If we can find out where the weapon was found, then we'll be a step closer to finding the culprit."

"Oh, Gonta know thing that can help!" Gonta said suddenly turning everyone's attention to him. "Near table, Gonta find glass! Gonta think it glass bottle!"

Kokichi was suprised. He didn't know that Gonta would've found the glass, much less have an understanding of what it may be. He praised Gonta silently.

"Glass shards? But, what could it be from?" Tenko asked the question that everybody but Kokichi and the culprit was thinking.

"A glass container... maybe it was used to house the chemical used?" Kiibo offered.

"Yeah... that would make sense." Said Shuichi. "It's just weird that it was broken."

"Perhaps the reason it was broken was because the culprit didn't have enough time to get rid of it." Kirumi replied. "I imagine that they needed to get rid of the evidence and fast. They probably thought that nobody would've found the shards of glass, but they were found."

"Huh yeah. That works. As expected of a female to figure out the answer to our question!" Tenko squealed.

"It appears as if we now have two more things to focus on." Kiyo states. "Where the chemical was taken, as well as where the glass container was taken from. I believe that if we find the answers to these questions, finding the culprit will become much easier."

"I think I know where they're from." Shuichi said nervously. Kokichi knew that behavior. It was the behavior of a liar. Was Shuichi going to lie about where the objects came from?

"Really? Please enlighten us." Kokichi said as he gave him a smug look.

Shuichi gulped nervously before responding. "Th- they came from the warehouse."

"Really now? Because do you want to know what I think?" Kokichi sneered as Shuichi grew nervously. "I. Smell. A. Lie."

Shuichi was about to say something but was cut off by Kaito. "Shuichi is not lying! We trust him!"

Kokichi was startled by Kaito's sudden outburst while Shuichi was touched by it. "Geez fine. Hide behind the fact that you "believe" in each other. See if I care."

"Okay, so we have the answer to our question." Kiibo said. "If it was found in the warehouse, anybody could've gotten it. I suggest that we focus on who was where at what time."

"Hmm no. I think we can focus on that later." Kokichi said. "Why don't we focus on why Angie was killed in the dining hall?"

"Thats... actually a good point." Shuichi said. "Why in the dining hall? And why not in her room or something?"

"Perhaps the dirty plate had something to do with it." Kokichi offered.

"The dirty plate? You mean the one that was in the sink?" Shuichi asked and Kokichi nodded. "I mean, I did see it but... I didn't think it was revelant to the investigation."

"I have an idea!" Kaede said. "Okay so, the plate wasn't completely dirty, it was just dirtier than the other plates there. This leads me to believe that maybe it was rushed in a hurry. Maybe the reason Angie was killed in the dining hall was because she went there to get breakfast, so she dirtied a dish. To get rid of the evidence, the culprit must've cleaned it in a hurry. Well, I'm not exactly a detective so I ma-"

"No Kaede that's good!" Shuichi said suddenly. "This explains why the plate was there in the first place, as well as why Angie's body was there."

Kaede smiled happily.

"Okay. Now we can talk about our alibis." Kokichi said nodding at Kiibo.

"Okay, thanks I suppose. I'll go fir-" Kiibo was interrupted by Kokichi.

"Shut up. I know all of your alibis. So we don't waste time, I'll tell them." The students looked confused at Kokichi's behavior, but decided against saying anything.

"First up, Shuichi. The night before the murder he was training with Kaito and Maki, who backed up his alibi. This morning, he was still in bed after the morning announcement.

"Kaede went to sleep early, and woke up early. She said she wanted to play piano and what not.

"Kirumi was still awake past the nighttime announcement, doing laundry. She was with Gonta and I at 8:30.

"Gonta went to sleep at the time of the announcement, was with Kirumi and I.

"Kiyo slept at time, stayed in his room after morning announcement rang.

"Himiko said she was too scared to sleep because of the phone. Oh right, the phone. We should probably discuss that later. Anyway, since she went to sleep late, she woke up late.

"Maki was training with Kaito and Shuichi during nighttime. She woke up at 6am to exercise, weird I know. Once the morning announcement rang, she went over to Kaito to invite him and... stuff.

"Kaito was training yadda yadda. Uh, claimed he was woke up by Maki's knocking."

Kokichi stopped talking and took a breather. "Okay, let's continue.

"Tenko went to sleep on time. Woke up at 6 to practice her neo-akido skills thingy.

"The robot was charging himself all night long. Although he did go to Miu's lab around 7:20am to work on some repairs.

"The whore stayed up most of the night working on things for Kiibo. She was with him from 7:20am.

"Ryoma went to sleep at the time, slept past the morning announcement.

"I went to sleep at the time of the announcement, and was with Kirumi and Gonta."

Kokichi stopped and started breathing. "Okay. I think that's all."

"How did you know all this?" Kiibo asked.

"Because I'm the Ultimate Supreme Leader! I know more than everyone!" Kokichi said dramatically. Kiibo gave him a 'really?' look. "Okay fine. I questioned them. Happy?"

"Well, this certainly saves us some time." Kiyo said. "This is everyone's alibis, correct?"

The students nodded.

"Uh, just a quick question. Did anybody notice any suspicious behavior?" Shuichi asked.

The students nodded no. "Okay, thanks anyway."

"Nyeh, using my magic, I know who the culprit is!" Himiko said suddenly, turning everyone's attention towards her.

"Really now?" Kokichi asked skeptically.

"Yep." Himiko replied. She pointed at someone.

"It was Kirumi."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

22.5K 738 39
" "Fine. If you don't want me to care, I won't fucking care. No one ever will! Enjoy being alone and hated forever!" That's one less who will miss m...
189K 5.8K 61
||NON TOXIC pregame oumasai|| (Part 1 of my saiouma trilogy) (Part 2 is "broken lies and lovely truths"-ingame saiouma) Shuichi is perceived as "that...
18.2K 470 30
❝And every time we touch, I feel like flying.❞ •─────────✦❀✦─────────• Sure, they're friends alright. And sometimes, romance sparks where there is fr...
686 47 33
Shuichi -when he is a kid- lives with his parents and his uncle in Japan before they had to move to America, where he left his only childhood friend...