Little Red Riding Hood (Siriu...

By angelraeken

(y/n) and Sirius Black have been enemies since the day they met at the sorting hat ceremony. No one really kn... More

1 - The start of a new year
2 - The Boggart
4 - Detention with Sirius Black
5 - Potions Partners
6 - Werewolf in the woods
7 - Quidditch
8 - The man in the window
9 - Hogsmeade
10 - Christmas
11 - The apple tree
12 - The Room
13 - The Prank on Snape
14 - Wolfsbane
15 - The Kiss
16 - Bruises
17 - Exam Season
18 - A Lasting Memory
19 - Mine
20 - A walk in the woods
21 - The Marauders
22 - Dancing in the rain
23 - A familair face
24 - Theodore Wing
25 - Returning to Hogwarts
26 - Research
27 - The Hogwarts Games

3 - The Black dog

7.9K 270 690
By angelraeken

"Where were you?" The sound of Lily's voice could be heard as you walked into The Great Hall and sat down at the Gryffindor table. Her face was full of worry as she made eye contact with you. Giving her a small smile you started to pile food onto your plate before answering her question. 

"I just went to see Hagrid." 

"Hagrid?" Sirius now began to get involved. 

"It's good to know you've got ears, Black." You shot back at the boy who looked taken back with your response. 

"Just remember who jumped in front of you during that lesson," Sirius muttered, sending you a glare as he continued to eat. 

"Are you okay (Y/n)?" Lupin leaned across the table to speak to you. 

"I'm okay." You looked up at the tall boy and send him a smile. "Thank you though." 

"Anything for a friend." He smiled back which caused Sirius to roll his eyes at his friend as he ate. "So (y/n), are you looking forward to the Hogsmeade trips this year?" Remus carried on the conversation, clearly guessing you were still worked up from Defence against the Dark Arts. 

"I guess ..." 

"Who are you going with?" 

"Myself or the girls -" 

"Evans, why don't you come with me?" James interrupted you and Remus. 

"I'm already going with someone." Lily sneered as she glared at James. 

"Who?" He asked, clearly outraged by her response. 

"Severus -" 

"HIM?" James nearly yelled with disgust. 

"Yes, I am going with him!" Lily fired back. "He's not an arrogant arse unlike you -" 

"At least I'm not some greasy git unlike him -" 

"He is not -"

"So Marlene," You spoke up, cutting off both James and Lily's arguing. "who are you going with?" 

"Sebastian Blinder asked me." She smiled brightly as she spoke. "I think he likes me." 

"That's brilliant." You smiled back. "What about you Mary?" You now turned your attention to the girl who was sat beside Marlene.

"Sorry (y/n) but I'm going with some of the girls from potions." She gave you a sympathy look. 

"Don't apologise, I'll just go on my own." You didn't mind going on your own. In fact, it was rather calming walking through the snow and admiring how pretty the village looked. And it was always comforting to walk through the woods as the snow continued to fall around you.

"You're going alone?" Sirius's voice cut you out of your thoughts. You looked up from your food and sent him a questioning look at his sudden concern which made him continue. "That's just sad."

"How's it sad?" You asked. 

"You'll just look lonely, most girls tend to go with the blokes they fancy -" 

"Then what are you implying?" You raised your brows at the boy. 

"Yeah Pads," Remus's tone turned cocky as he turned to the boy who was now looking rather flustered beside him. "what are you implying? You sounded very concerned when you knew that (y/n) was going alone -" 

"I'm not!" He spat back. "I couldn't care less who she goes with, why would I care?" 

"You sounded as if you cared." 

"Not to mention how you saved her from her own Boggart -" Peter spoke.

"Shut up Peter." Sirius seethed, his eyes narrowing at the small, messy boy. He didn't dare to make eye contact with you as he went back to his food. You didn't press on, not wanting an argument in the middle of the Great Hall. James clearly picked up on the tension in the room before coughing and speaking up. 

"(y/n), c'mon, we've got practice." You didn't utter a word to him, only nodded as you set your food down on your plate and followed James Potter to gather your Quidditch equipment.  

---

"Come on Jacob! You can do better than that!" The familiar sound of James yelling filled the air as you all took to the skies. 

You'd started out on a simple chaser exercise which consisted of several passes techniques. You were doing well, you normally did. Quidditch was something you excelled in, as you lived near James the two of you would often take your brooms out at night so no one could see you and practice whilst every one was asleep. But since your mothers passing you never really left the house as much to see him, too worried about your father and in too much pain to even want to fake a smile. 

Everything always ran smoothly during practice, that was until Sirius Black decided to turn up but today, he was nowhere to be seen. Normally, he, Remus and Peter would sit in the stands and watch you all. In typical Sirius Black fashion, he would always make comments about you and the way you played. At times it hurt because you'd used it as a way to leave everything behind you just for a few minutes but not today, you had the whole practice to fly in peace without the arrogant boy shouting at you but that only made you wonder where he was. 

"(Y/N) MOVE!" The sound of your Captain's voice took you out of your thoughts but it was too late. Since you'd been daydreaming, Bludgers had been brought into the exercise and now one was heading straight towards you. There was no time to deflect when the ball collided into your chest. 

Being thrown off your broom you fell flat out on the grass floor clutching your body in pain. Tears started to form in your eyes at the pain that began to flood your body as the rest of the team came flying down to assess the situation. The moment James's eyes landed on you, he knew you weren't going to recover with just some sleep and some pumpkin juice. 

"Can you walk?" James crouched down to your level. You didn't reply, only groaned in pain which was enough for James to ditch his broom and take you into his arms instead. Carrying you bridal style he instructed the rest of the team to continue playing whilst he took you to Madam Pomfrey's. "Bloody hell (y/n) you're normally on top of things, what happened?"

"I got distracted ... that's all." You groaned as he placed you down on one of the spare hospital beds. "Thank you ..." You muttered as he set you down. 

"You were looking into the stands ..." A sudden smirk appeared on his lips as he spoke again.  "Did you get distracted looking at Moony?" 

"Remus?" You nearly yelled in disbelief. "No of course not." 

"Really? Well, I know you weren't looking at Peter. No one ever voluntarily looks at him ... unless ... you were looking for someone who wasn't there -" 

"You're right, I was looking for Lily, she said she'd come to watch me." You lied but James didn't seem convinced. The Potter boy didn't have time to argue because Madam Pomfrey came running over. 

"Lie, flat dear, where does it hurt?" 

"She was hit in the chest," James replied. "By a Bludger." 

"Does it hurt to breathe?" She asked you nodded in response. "I'm afraid you've landed a broken rib. You'll be fine but because it's a rib I want to keep you here overnight. Potter, I want you to gather her a bag of some fresh clothes, she can't rest in this uniform.

"Won't be long." James smiled as he took off towards Gryffindor tower whilst you laid on the bed in pain. Madam Pomfrey pulled out her wand and with a small flick, you were healed. 

"Drink this for the pain." She set aside a potion for you. "You'll be able to leave in the morning and attend your usual lessons." 

"Can you not keep me here for another night?" 

"Now why would I do that when you simply won't need it?" 

"I have detention all week -" 

"You've received worse." She raised her brows. 

She was right. In your third year, you snuck out after hours like you did every evening to go and see the Thestrals when you ran into The Marauders. James screamed so loud thinking you were a teacher that McGonagall discovered you all. The five of you landed a months worth of detention for walking the halls at night along with waking some students up, in the end, 250 points were taken from Gryfindor, leaving the five of you fuming at her actions. 

"This time I have to take detention with Sirius Black." You spat. Thankfully the last time you were paired with Remus so you didn't have to deal with the drama queen himself. 

"Oh come on now, he isn't as bad as you make him out to be -" 

"Have you seen the way he acts around me?" You asked in disbelief at her own words. 

"He doesn't act as bad around you as he does with Severus Snape." 

"That's because all the boys hate him, Sirius is the only one who hates me -" 

"He doesn't hate you." She replied, prepping some bandages as she spoke. "Hate is a strong word dear, have you ever tried talking to him?" 

"Every time he talks to me he'll always throw an insult in, I don't bother." You huffed, sitting up slightly. "I'm not even sure why he hates me, what have I ever done to him?" 

"Perhaps he's just jealous of how much of a powerful witch you are." 

"I don't think -" 

"You are pretty strong y'know (y/n)." James had now arrived with a small bag of clothes for you. "Besides, Pads doesn't hate you." He smirked. 

"Then why does he insult me every single time I even breathe around him?" 

"I dunno." James shrugged. "Just ask him." He started to back away from the bed and over to the hospital doors, leaving you in the hospital wing alone for the night. 

Lily and the girls came to see you once James had told them what had happened, even Remus came to check up on you. You also begged Madam Pomfrey to let you out after dinner so you could see the Thestrals but that was a resounding no which meant you'd have to sneak out at night. It wasn't uncommon for you to do, in fact, it was rather easy for you. 

Since discovering the Thestrals you'd gone to see them every day. You'd learnt the secret passageways off by heart which made it easy to sneak out without anyone knowing where you'd gone. Thestrals were the creature at Hogwarts that no one gave any attention to so you always checked up on them, they were misunderstood creatures too. They looked like skeleton horses which always gave off the wrong impression to everyone who ever laid eyes on them. Thankfully, you gave them a chance.

When the rest of the students were fast asleep in the hospital quarters you slipped out of bed and threw on some warm clothes. You grabbed your cloak and wrapped it around you before putting your hood up in case someone was watching you. You snuck out through one of the secret passageways which happened to be an old, rigid door which was hidden under a staircase which led to the courtyard, there you were able to sneak past the walls and run down to the forest. 

The night sky above Hogwarts was beautiful yet calming. Here at Hogwarts, it was like nothing could go wrong, it was home to you and the students who resided in the walls. The night air was still yet full of life as you hurried down to the woods, pulling out your wand to light the way and for protection, in case you came into contact with something. 

"Lumos." You whispered at the edge of the forest, looking around one last time before walking into the forest. You always kept a stash of food hidden in the firest in the trees in case you were unable to gather some at dinner that night and thankfully today was one of those days where your stash came in handy. 

"Hello, you lot." The Thestrals were waiting for you in their usual spot just by the tree line. "Accio food." You called out and the bag you hid came flying into your arms. Just like real horses, they all surrounded you, nudging you for attention which only made you laugh. 

Little did you know someone was watching the entire encounter.

One of the Thestrals was called Tenebris. He was the largest of the lot and was definitely the one who loved you the most. He laid down like he always did after eating so you could climb onto his back. Tenebris always let you ride around the forest on his back, you never had to worry about anyone coming near you as just the sheer size of the creature with his wings spanned open was enough to frighten anyone away. 

"C'mon then." You climbed on and petted his neck before he let out an approving neigh. He began to trot along the forest floor, walking deeper and deeper into the forest. The rest of the skeleton-like horses stayed and ate the last of the treats as you and Tenebris rode away. 

The two of you were about halfway into the forest when Tenebris stopped in his tracks. His head bolted up as he scanned the forest in front of him. Before you could do the same and scan your surroundings he bolted forward and started to screech at something in the shadows. Holding onto his neck so you didn't fall and injure yourself further a loud bark was heard in response. Suddenly a pair of glowing eyes walked out of the shadows and into the moonlight which shone through the trees. 

"Tenebris, stand down." You spoke in a stern tone and the skeleton horse stood down immediately, his wing still outstretched to protect you as you jumped down from him and made your way over to what you could now work out was a black dog. "Hey ..." You crouched down to the dogs level. "he won't hurt you, not now anyway." The dog seemed to soften at your words, his ears which were once pinned down due to stress were now pricked up and his face softened. 

The dog stepped forward and nudged your hand with its nose. "Bloody hell you're freezing." You spoke as your hand laced into his fur. "I've never seen a dog around Hogwarts before, they aren't exactly a common pet here. You see Hogwarts students aren't allowed dogs, only cats, rats, owls and toads. Not exactly the most interesting animals really." You smiled at the dog who seemed to smile back if he could. 

"Do you belong to anyone at Hogwarts?" You asked, almost forgetting it was a dog which was unable to speak. "You know, you remind me of Severus Snape with that messy black hair." You smiled but that comment seemed to anger the dog. He huffed and let out a disapproving bark, narrowing his gaze at you which only made you laugh even more. "At least your hair isn't as greasy as his." Your hand reached up and began to play with the fur behind his ears sending the dog into pure bliss. 

"You're still cold ..." You noted the dogs apparent shaking. "Come up to the castle with me, I'll be in the hospital wing tonight but I can sneak you out in the morning if you'll come with me." The dog's eyes lit up at your words. He stood, his tail moving with excitement which only made you smile brighter. "C'mon then." The dog trotted to your side, still being cautious of the Thestrak that was guarding you with his life. "Don't worry," You raised your hand and gave the horse a comforting pet showing him that the dog meant no harm and you were safe. 

Tenebris lowered his wing, finally letting his guard down. Sending you one last nod of respect before joining his herd. Once he was out of sight you turned to face the dog which was waiting by your feet. "Let's go." You smiled, walking towards the edge of the forest with the dog trotting at your side. 

"So do you have a name?" You looked down at the dog who yapped in response. "And you belong to someone in Hogwarts?" The dog huffed this time, indicating that he didn't. "Hmm, you know I thought Black would be the type of person to sneak a dog into the school." The dog seemed to frown and narrow his eyes at you as you spoke. "What? Don't like me talking about Black?" You smiled down as you pushed the door which led to the hallway. 

You pushed the door open and the dog immediately jumped up onto your bed and pushed his head under your covers. "You know I've got to sleep in there too." You huffed but broke out into a smile when he poked his head out from under the duvet, looking up at you with his big grey eyes. A set of eyes you seemed to recognise but you didn't know where.

"Move over then." You instructed the dog as you climbed into bed, the dog moving to rest his head on your shoulder, avoiding your chest almost as if he knew you'd been hurt that day. You raised your hand and pet his fur, smiling at the mystery dog you'd found in the woods, or did he find you? 

"I hope I see you again in the woods." You smoothed his black hair down as you spoke. "It's not often I see a dog around Hogwarts. My neighbour has one, Mrs Rushford." You smiled at the memory. "A corgi to be exact, he's the cutest dog I've ever seen -" 

The dog barked loudly at your words which made you scold him like he was your own dog. "Shh! If they wake up," You pointed to the students who lay across from you both. "and spot you here you won't make it out alive ... not if Slughorn finds you ... he'll probably cut you up for some potion he's making." 

The dog looked up at you with his big eyes, whining like he wanted your forgiveness. You rolled your eyes and scratched his ears one last time before smiling at him. "Goodnight you scruffy thing, try not to get jealous of the corgi you've never met." 

With that, you drifted off to sleep with the dog lying beside you. He too fell asleep within seconds as he began to warm up under the covers with you. 

Little did you know the dog had a very large secret.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

670K 15.3K 131
Yn Black,the most beautiful girl in Hogwarts but also the most hard to get...but according to her twin brother...she's completely of limits,but when...
83.5K 1K 43
(harrypotterxreader) A girl named Y/N Black starts her fifth year at hogwarts and falls for the famous Harry Potter...... *I OWN NOTHING ALL BELONG T...
480K 12.9K 121
The love story of Y/n Evans and Sirius Black. What started off as a teenage romance leads to a life full of love and laughter. It's two unstoppable...
986K 29.9K 16
When Ailee Abbott runs into Sirius and James on the train at the beginning of her 5th year, she learns some interesting new information. Sirius Black...