Regina | discontinued

By aajaene

❝ Be careful with what you say Consigliere, this 'princess' has a dagger in her boot and knows how to use it... More

Regina
characters and aesthetics
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty one
twenty two
twenty three
twenty four
twenty five
twenty six
twenty seven
tattoos!
twenty eight
twenty nine
thirty
thirty one
thirty two
thirty three
thirty four
thirty five
thirty six
thirty seven
thirty eight
thirty nine
forty
forty one
forty two
for the haters.
forty three
forty four
forty five
forty six
forty seven
forty eight
forty nine
fifty
fifty one
fifty two
fifty three
fifty four
fifty five
fifty six
fifty seven
fifty eight
fifty nine
sixty one
sixty two
sixty three
sixty four
sixty five
sixty six
sixty seven

sixty

20.6K 737 1.7K
By aajaene

warning:
shit is about to go down.

THIRD PERSON POV.

Being the first to react, Nicolo reached under his desk and pulled out two hand guns, passing them over to the twins before grabbing another and handing it to Alessio.

"Take Atlas and Ainsley to the safe room down the hall. Shoot anyone in your sight and shoot to kill, we're not loosing anyone tonight understand?"

They nodded and headed out the room.

Demitri and Adriano ran across the room and opened the liquor cabinet, reaching behind the glass bottles and grabbing the guns hidden there.

"Since when we're your firearms hidden there?" Dante asked, catching the extra magazine that was tossed to him from across the room.

"Not sure." Nicolo answered shortly, tucking knives into his waist-holster and tossing another gun to Gianni before he ran out the room and started firing.

Meanwhile, Alessio cautiously lead the group down the hall. Atlas and Ainsley stayed close behind him while the twins trailed along in the back, making sure no one approached from behind.

Guard up and guns ready, Elias and Giovanni stood guard outside the fake spare bedroom. Inside the closet was a hidden door that lead to the safe room and Alessio ushered them both inside. Before he closed the hidden door, Atlas called out for him.

Alessio opened the door a bit just for it to be pushed open wide. Before he could brace himself, he was almost knocked off his feet by the twins hold around his torso.

"Be careful Dad. We love you." Ainsley muffled, gripping him tighter.

Wrapping his arms around both their shoulders, Alessio gave them both a kiss to the crown of their heads before pulling back and crouching down a bit.

"I love you too. Stay in here and please do not come out, I'll be back in a bit." He gave them a quick hug before ushering them back into the safe room, closing and locking the door behind them.

Stepping out of the room, Alessio sent an strained look to Eli and Gio before glancing down the hall. "Are you sure you don't want to go in there with them?"

They glanced at each other before answering simultaneously, "We're g-"

Their sentence was cut off by another round of gunshots.

The three men froze momentarily before Elias snapped out of it and cocked his gun.
"We don't have time for this." He muttered, taking off down the hall with Gio and Alessio close behind.

Blood stains and bullet holes littered the walls, dead bodies lied on the floors, windows were shattered, furniture was broken.

In short, the house was a mess.

Nicolo grunted as Dante removed the bullet from his arm, taking a swig of Whiskey as it was disregarded on the floor.

"You're lucky this bullet was in one piece."

Nicolo sighed and placed the bottle down. "I know."

While Dante tended to his elder brothers wound, Demitri, Elias, and Gianni stood to the other side of the room.

Alexei had sent men to raid the house and even when the Ferrari men had successfully took out all 40-some of them, they definitely didn't make it out unscathed.

Their ears were ringing, Gianni and Dante were grazed by bullets and by the end Giovanni almost passed out in exhaustion. Surprisingly, Nicolo was the only one who had managed to actually get shot.

After grabbing Atlas and Ainsley from the safe room, Adriano and Giovanni tagged along as Alessio took their home, where the rest of them planned to stay for the time being.

Nicolo knew that if they didn't move more men would come and it would be blood bath after blood bath, he refused to keep his kids in a house where they can go under an attack while they were sleeping.

Dante patched up Nicolo's wound and stood up with a sigh, wiping his bloody hands off on his sweatpants - which had already been covered in blood.

"I need to take a shower, asap."

"We all do." Gianni responded, almost grimacing at the sight of his crimson-stained clothes. Even after years of being an assassin he still wasn't used to blood how most said he should've been. Unlike majority of the others in his 'area of expertise', blood made him severely uncomfortable.

Nicolo stood from the couch and walked to the staircase. "Go grab clothes and other things you may need, we're staying at Alessio's from now on. Make sure to keep your bags small we don't have much time and we're not sure if there are more on the way. I'm going to grab my laptop from my office. We met in the garage in 5 minutes."

With nods of understanding, they all started their way up the steps. Well, that was before a heavy knock hit the door and echoed through the house.

They all looked at each other, then at the front door, then back at each other. A long moment passed and no one made an attempt to move. Eventually growing impatient, Nicolo pulled his gun from his waist holster and cautiously approached the door, looking out the peephole.

On the other side stood a blond boy who couldn't have been any older than his youngest sons. His hair was a tousled mess and dark circles rested under his eyes - which had been bloodshot from irritation. Nicolos heart clenched at the kid. What if this had been his son?

He shook his head at the thought.

Nicolo Ferrari may have been empathetic but he knew all to well that this could be a trap. Someone's age meant nothing in this like of work, anyone could kill you regardless of age or even relation. You're own family member could kill you in cold blood.

With that thought in mind, he opened the door and raised his gun to the middle of the blond's head.

In response, the boy raised his hands in surrender and said the only thing that would keep him alive.

"I know where your daughter is."

While the others went still, Nicolo looked around outside before lowering his gun and dragging the unexpected visitor inside by the arm.

As he was pulled over to the hole filled couch, the boy dragged his emerald eyed across the room. Blood, dead bodies, bullet holes.. everywhere.

'So this is what Alexei was planning? A raid against the Italians in their own home? Idiot.'

He hadn't noticed when Elias rushed down the steps, approaching quickly with a livid expression. However, the boy did notice when a solid punch collided with his jaw.

While Nicolo grabbed Eli's arm to stop him from punching the boy again, the others watched with baffled expressions.

Leaning up on his forearms, the blond brought a hand to his jaw and rubbed it to somehow lessen the pain. "I deserve that." 'and so much more' he finished internally.

"You were her friend." Elias stated, watching as pain flashed through his dull emerald eyes.

"They cared for you, Leon."

"I know okay? I know." Leonid sat up and hung his head, dragging both hands down his face.

The men watched as Leonid looked down in defeat, his voice cracking with his last words.

After a moment of silence, Elias sighed and ran a hand through his hair, tugging at the strands in frustration. He let out an annoyed groan before holding out a hand to Leon and helping him up.

"You were following orders." Elias concluded.

Leon didn't know how exactly Elias had figure that out, but he wasn't asking questions. So instead of speaking, he stiffly nodded.

"From who?" Nicolo cut in, resting his hand on Elias's shoulder.

"My father." Faced with confused glances in return, Leon elaborated further. "Alexei Kamenev."

LEONS POV. (4 hours earlier)

I woke up to the flight attendant lightly shaking my shoulder. Noticing that I was awake, she sending me a kind smile before backing up a bit and gesturing to the open door.

"Your father requested that I wake you up, your car is waiting outside." Bidding goodbye with a nod she then walked away, leaving me to register what she just said in my sleepy state.

When I finally processed her words I shook my head and stood from the leather seat. Reaching into the carry on, I grabbed my book bag full of clothes and pulled my cigarettes out of the side pocket.

As I made my way out the plane, I slung the book bag over my shoulder and placed a cigarette in between my teeth, sliding into the backseat of the car that would escort me to wherever this hidden warehouse was in Maryland.

Rolling down the window a bit, I lit the cigarette and held in the smoke, directing it out the window when I blew out.

I watched through the heavily-tinted glass as we started driving through a small town. The streets were buzzing with adults and children; both of which gawked at the expensive car that passed by.

This is bringing way too much attention.

When I finished the cigarette I pressed it down on the ashtray that was built into the car and leaned back in my seat.

Let's hope this car ride isn't too long.

It took about an hour of driving in the middle of nowhere before we turned into the parking lot of a.. hospital?

Pulling up around the front the driver sent me a nod through the front mirror, I copied the action before hoping out the car.

Aimlessly walking through the empty hospital halls, I was impatiently looking for my father.

Of course he had to be difficult. He really couldn't have just woke me up when we landed?

Tired and ready to leave, I started to pick up my pace and walk back towards the exit, hoping that the driver was still outside somewhere.

I was almost out the door when a hand clasped down on my shoulder, I shrugged it off and turned around.

"Hendrix."

"Sunshine." he replied with an amused smile.

I literally could've killed you a week ago and you choose to smile at me?

I will never understand this guy.

Giving the gesture to follow him, Maddox turned around and started to walk down the spotless halls I was just lost in.

Begrudgingly, I trailed behind him all the way to the left wing of the hospital, which had now been heavily guarded.

Where the hell were these guys when I was lost a few minutes ago?

Hendrix stopped at a random door and pulled it open, revealing a whole other part of the hospital. He continued to wordlessly walk down the dimly lit hall meanwhile I was still processing the change of environment I just walked into.

The temperature significantly dropped the farther we walked down. Steel doors were on both sides, all were rusting at the corners. The concrete walls were dirty and worn down- I felt my throat tighten when imagining the week Athena, Neptune and Bellamy had here.

Bringing my eyes down with guilt, I continued to follow behind Maddox. Stopping when he unlocked a random steel door and walked in.

It looked just like the hall, concrete walls and floors, a dim light bulb in the middle of the ceiling, and on top of all that it was freezing.

I scanned the bare room and felt my jaw clench.

In a far corner Athena, Neptune, and Bellamy were huddled together sleeping. I looked over at Maddox in distaste, following his eyes back over to them, more specifically Athena.

His eyes were hazed over in admiration, love even.

Oh hell no-

"How do you do this?" I spoke up, my eyes training on Bellamy's arm that was in a makeshift sling.

"Do what?" He responded.

"How do you do this to someone you love?" I gestured around the room to emphasize my point.

Although, I guess my question triggered him in some way since his fist started to clench and unclench.

"That's none of your business Leonid." His clipped tone clearly gave off that this was the end of our conversation. Not even sparing me a glance, Hendrix walked over and picked up Athena bridal style. "Your father wants her in the room down the hall. You stay here."

Then he walked out the room, leaving me alone with an unconscious Neptune and Bellamy.

Or so I thought to be unconscious.

Bellamy let out a small, dry cough before turning on his side and squinting up at me. It felt like torture to physically watch as he pieced it all together in his head, his facial expression contorting from confusion to hatred. Pure. Hatred.

I can't lie and say that hadn't hurt.

"You're a damn liar."

I stared blankly at him, swallowing the lump in my throat. I know.

He pointed to Neptune, "She trusted you."

I know.

"You were our friend."

And that's why I'm so ashamed.

Bellamys stare was so intense I had to look away, bringing my gaze down to my shoes. My hands were slightly shaking, like they were begging for me to grab a cigarette to calm my nerves.

Why does this hurt so much?

"Damn it." he started, bringing his hand up and pinching the bridge of his nose. "I was this close, this close-" he brought his fingers together in frustration as his words died out. A disappointed sigh passed through his chapped lips.

I know Bell, I'm disappointed with myself too.

"Are you just gonna stand there?" He asked in what could've been mistaken as a helpless tone. Could've. "No explanation? Nothing to say? You can't even fucking look at me, at us?"

I heard shuffling from his direction and slowly looked up, he stood barely a foot away from me, face etched in disappointment.

I can't do this.

Before he could say anything else I walked out and shut the door behind me, locking it then making my way down the halls. I didn't even know where I was going but when I heard faint voices from the end of the hall I started walking lighter on my feet.

Coming to a standstill around the hall corner, I listened to the hush whispers of what sounded to be Alexei and Maddox.

"He's got to go Alexei."

"And he will soon kid, just be patient."

"Leon's too soft for this job and I don't think it'll be long before he breaks down or worse, runs to the Ferrari's."

"Then I guess it's a good that he won't being arriving to his hotel tonight."

"What?"

I heard Alexei sigh before there was the sound of shuffling feet on the floor. "Here's a sneak peek on tomorrow's headlines: Unexpected car crash, no survivors." He mimicked an American accent.

"But of course, it will only be him who's dying. You understand now Son?"

I heard Maddox happily chuckle along with my sperm donor meanwhile I felt like I was hyperventilating.

He is dying.
He is I.
I'm dying.

They're planning to take me out.

Walking backwards, I creeped my way back the direction I came, stopping at the room Bellamy and Neptune were in and entering.

Bellamy sat with his back to the wall, with -a still unconscious- Neptune lying her head on his lap. Hearing the door, he peeked up at me through his lashes, hatred still prominent in stare.

"I'll be back for you all soon."

"Leon, what are you talki—" Before he could finish I walked out and found my way back to the door that connects to the hospital. Luckily for me it was open ajar and I didn't have to struggle with the door code.

Peeking my head out first, I stepped through the door and snuck past the guards, having to stop every now and then to stay out of sight.

If one of Alexei's men sees me I'm done for.

It took a minute to get through them all but soon enough I had successfully stepped out of the hospital. Looking around the parking lot, I caught sight of the car I had been driven in earlier. The driver himself had been leaning on the side of the car typing on his phone.

I cautiously made my way across the parking lot and when I was close enough, I grabbed his neck and twisted until I heard the sickening crack. The man went limp in my arms and I dropped him to the pavement, grabbing the car keys from his pocket and taking off with the car.

Driving down the long road in the middle of the nowhere, I kept one hand on the wheel while using the other to shakily put a cigarette in my mouth and light it.

I breathed out a cloud of smoke and continued my way down the road, heading straight to New York.

I'm not dying. Not before making things right at least.

I felt a hand rest on my shoulder and I flinched away, meeting the concerned eyes of the Italian Don.

Great Leonid you can barely keep yourself together.

Clearing my throat, I shook my head and continued. "Alexei is holding Athena, Neptune and Bellamy at a hidden hospital somewhere in the countryside of Maryland."

"And how do we know that this isn't just some trap? Alexei Kamenev doesn't even have a son." Demitri lifted his hand up to the gun holster that was wrapped around his waist.

I lifted my hands up slowly in surrender. "I can't tell you why Alexei kept my existence a secret, quite frankly I can't bring myself to care. Feel free to kill me after I give you the location." Before I could stop myself I unintentionally scoffed and brought my hands down in front of me. "It's not like I wasn't going to die today anyway."

"What do you mean?" I looked up from my hands to the guy who stood next to Demitri.

I stayed quiet, Elias caught on to my hesitation. "That's none of our business." I sent him a subtle 'thank you' look.

"For what it's worth, I wasn't on board with this plan since the beginning. My father is a power hungry bastard who let his pride get to his head and dragged Maddox down with him. I want him gone, I want them both gone."

I knew I might've been pushing it but I was desperate, I needed to make sure they were saved. Athena, Neptune, Bellamy, Javier, Silas, they showed me what it's like to actually belong somewhere. For the first time in my life I actually felt as if I fit in with others, I couldn't just sit here and do nothing.

Nicolo brought his hand off of Elias shoulder and gently placed it on mine "Do you know where this hospital is?"

"Yes."

He nodded and looked over his shoulder. "Then that settles it, everyone go grab what you need, keep it small and meet at the garage in 5. I'll call Joaquin and some other associates and we'll go in with full back up. We're getting our kids back tonight."

While everyone made a move to go upstairs Nicolo brought his eyes back to me. "Leon we're relying on you to get us through that hospital, at least to where the trio is, can you do it?"

I brought my gaze down to the blood splattered floor and sighed.

This is it huh?

I can really end it all tonight. Comfort flooded my veins with the thought. I can kill him and move on with life.

With that in mind I swallowed hard and looked back up.

"Yeah, I can do that."

Relief filled his eyes as he took his hand off my shoulder and nodded, turning away to head upstairs.

Unsure on what to do, I stayed in place and glanced around, calling out to Nicolo before he stepped on the staircase. "I know it doesn't mean much but I'm sorry."

"You don't have to apologize Leon, you're not your father."

DEMITRIS POV.

The closer we got, the more antsy I became; My grip on the steering wheel was so tight that my knuckles flushed white and my left leg was bouncing rapidly.

I trailed directly behind Dad, just like the other dozens of cars that were following him through the country side of Maryland.

Rain was pouring down from the gloomy, dark grey sky. Kind of unusual for the end of April-early May, but completely ironic for the events that were about to take place. The only thing that was guaranteed tonight was death and I could only hope that my family wasn't apart of the unlucky group who loses their lives tonight.

The tension in the car was at an all time high, becoming even more suffocating over time. Gianni sat extremely still in the passenger seat meanwhile Alessio, Giovanni, Elias, Leon, and Javier were loaded into the back — Javier and Gio were basically glaring holes into Leon's head while he nonchalantly stared out the tinted window.

Earlier we had to stop the two from jumping Leon yet somehow -thankfully- Elias talked some sense into the both of them and they were civil enough to sit in the same car as him.

I can't say I didn't feel bad for the kid, he had muttered something about his father planning to kill him earlier. I don't think he knew that I heard him but it's definitely a sore subject so I certainly wasn't going to bring it up.

People like Alexei Kamenev were the embodiment of the worst that was expected from this lifestyle: impenitent, prideful, greedy, the list goes on.

Not that I'm saying the mob life is all sunshine and rainbows, but one would be surprised about how many genuinely decent people they'd come across. However, it's not just the generic person that lacks to acknowledge those type of mafia-affiliated people, some mobsters themselves tend to assume that members who don't fall under said stereotype are 'unfitting' or 'not built for this life'.

That's exactly why my father was so doubted by more than half of the illegal world - because he's empathetic. He cares for his children more than his own life and people see that as weakness when it's anything but.

Nicolo Ferrari's undeniable love for his family is his strength.

Continuing down the long road in the middle of nowhere, the rain started to drill down harder. By this point, I had to put on the windshield wipers just to see the car in front of me.

"The road should be coming up in the next couple hundred feet." Leon muttered from the seat behind me. I nodded slightly, slowing down a bit which effectively slowed down the trail of cars behind me.

I couldn't see the road until Dad turned, I followed closely behind him.

Rows of trees lined the road that seemed identical to the one we just turned off of, soon enough the evergreens cleared up and we found ourselves in a large parking lot. As the seven of us exited the Range Rover, cars filed in behind us and everyone inside of them stepped out, gathering together.

In front of us stood hundreds of men ready for a blood bath; Our outfit, the Amor's men, distant cousins and others lined up stiffly, patiently waiting for my fathers instruction.

My eyes swept over the scene and I felt my nerves ease a bit.

This was it. I'm getting my sister back.

ATHENAS POV.

"Let me see if I processed this right." Neptune started, pointing at me as she spoke "All while I was asleep, you were taken out the room and actually met Alexei Kamenev and after a brief conversation he had someone—" her voice faded and her eyes trailed over my face, pursing her lips together Neptune blinked rapidly for a second then continued. "Jesus.. and then after that he took a video that we could only assume was sent to your father."

I nodded at her and leaned off Bellamy's good shoulder when she pointed at him.

"And now you're saying that after Athena was taken out the room you woke up and saw Leon, then yelled at him, then he left, then he comeback with crazy eyes and told you he was going to be back for us soon."

Jaw clenched, Bellamy nodded slightly in reassurance.

Now nodding to herself, Neptune slowly brought a hand to her forehead, closing her eyes and letting out a breath before opening them again.

"Well?"

"Well what?"

"Do you think he was serious Bells? Do you think he's really coming back for us?" I could hear the indubitable hope in Neptune's tone, eyebrows furrowed and eyes welling up with tears, she brought her gaze down to the concrete floor. "He wouldn't just say that right? Right?"

Her voiced cracked and I moved over -trying my best not to wince- to pull Neptune into my embrace.

I hope he was serious. By this point it feels like we'll never get out of here.

Neptune clutched onto me tightly, but not tight enough to hurt me. I looked over her shoulder at Bellamy. His back was leaned up against the wall, arm clutched tightly to his chest and eyes unfocused.

It was clear that he was stuck in his own head, most likely still processing Leon's appearance.

I would probably be doing the same thing right now if I wasn't almost override with hope of our rescue.

I tapped his foot and he broke out of his haze, meeting my stare in return. Ignoring the pain it caused, I gave him a lopsided half-smile and waved him over, pulling him into my embrace as Neptune scotched over to give him room.

We stayed like that for a while and I felt my eyes getting droopy. Leaning my head on top of Neptune's, I could feel myself slipping into unconsciousness for the umpteenth time today.

But yet, my momentary bliss was interrupted by a series of gunshots.

Pulling back, the three of us glanced at each other with wide eyes.

It wasn't long before we scrambled to our feet, nearing the locked steel door to hear what was going on.

Gunshots continued to ring throughout the hall, the faint sound of yelling could be heard too accompanied by heavy footsteps running in our direction.

Without hesitation, the three of us started banging on the door, yelling out continuous 'in here's'

The footsteps came closer and few stopped, others continued down the hall. I could feel the heavy beating of my heart ring through my head as I watched the lock turn and the door open.

My brothers, Javier, and Leon stood behind it. All seven had guns in their hand and light blood splotches littered their clothes, before I could observe anymore I was pulled into a hug by Demitri.

Sighing in relief, I clung onto him like my life depended on it, the feeling of comfort embodying me the longer I was in his arms.

The hug left faster than it came as he pulled back and pressed a kiss to my forehead; his hold on my head was light but lingering, as if he couldn't believe I was actually here.

He glanced over at Neptune and Bellamy after pulling away for a second time, sparing them a slight smile of relief then placing a hand gun in my good hand.

"We need to get you three out of here."

Demitri ushered us all out the room.

Adriano, Leon, and Elias guided us through the dimly lit halls meanwhile Javier, Giovanni and Demitri guarded the back.

Stepping through the familiar door that connected to the hospital- which had now been off it's hinges- the sight of men fighting surrounded us, bullet shells littered the ground, I'm pretty sure I've seen more than a dozen of dead bodies.

It was clear that we had the upper hand in this situation.

Limping along, I tightened the hold of the gun in my hand as we started getting closer to, what I could assume to be, the back exit of the hospital. The farther we walked the more vacant of people the halls became, there had only been few members back here- majority of them dead.

Adrenaline pulsed through my body and I found myself starting to speed up a bit. Finding it a bit easier to walk, I kept a steady pace without much limping - almost smiling in relief when the red exit sign came into my line of sight.

I didn't think I zoned out until I felt a flinch to the left of me, the surrounding noise blaring through my eardrums when I blinked myself out of it.

Glancing over I saw a ragged breathing Neptune, she flinched with almost every gunshot and kept her eyes to the ground.

I'm surprised she was keeping up with us while clearly dissociated.

I looked passed her to Bellamy and we instinctively reached out for her hands, gripping them both snugly as we continued to follow behind Adriano's lead. She glanced up at the two of us and gave our hands a slight squeeze, now continuing on with her head up.

We were steps away from the back door when Bellamy spoke up, "Where's our parents?"

Demitri kept his eyes behind us as he answered. "Carter, Dominic and Angela are waiting in a small town that was on the way here. Once we're out of here we're taking you to an actual hospital, they'll be meeting us there."

Neptune and Bellamy nodded just before we walked out of the building and out into the pouring rain.

Rain. I scoffed. Typical.

I wiped the droplets that got caught in my eyelashes with the back of my wrapped hand and glanced around, stopping in place when I saw my Dad and Alexei Kamenev in the middle of the lot with guns to each others heads. Joaquin and Maddox stood at their sides- probably trying to defuse the situation.

I didn't know what I was doing, but before I could even think about it a scratchy shout came from my throat. "DAD!"

I could barely make out the bobbing of his Adam's apple through the downpour, he kept his eyes on Alexei but I know he heard me; he looked as if he was in physical pain yet I saw no wounds his body.

We collectively stepped closer to them, faltering slightly when we were about 10 feet away and Maddox pulled out a gun of his own, pointing it in our direction.

In response, I raised my own and continued to step closer.

Maddox wouldn't shoot me. He could live with himself if he hit me, but shoot me? Absolutely not. I tested the theory the first time we were kidnapped and there was nothing to prove that hadn't changed.

Besides, if he shot me there's several other people to shot him.

As long as my family's safe I don't care what happens to me.

That screams hero complex.

I swear you come in at the worst fucking times.

It's my job.

The rain lightened up slightly, enough for me to hear the low chuckled Maddox let out.

"You never care for your own safety Sunflower, when are you going to realize that's how other people get hurt."

I rolled my eyes and altered my aim. Headshot.

I swore I would kill him when we got out of here and I don't plan on breaking that promise.

"You were never one to think about everyone else Maddox."

I could feel everyone's eyes on me, the heavy sound of footsteps flowed out the building. Everyone was watching.

"If you kill him I'll kill your father. Pick wisely Princess, a lot is at stake here." Alexei mused from next to Maddox. His back was towards me but I could practically hear the smile in his voice.

I felt my jaw tighten in thought but before I could act on anything running through my head, I watched as Alexei hit the ground beside me, the rain washing away the blood spilling from his abdomen and chest.

And then I could hear Gianni's voice in the distance.

"See you in hell bastard!"

Maddox stood in front of me with wide eyes, the hold on his gun faltered slightly as he glanced from me to Alexei then back to me. He knew he was going to die. So without second thought he placed his finger over the trigger and I did the same.

The ringing of two gunshots resounded in the air.

Maddox fell to his knees with a hole in the middle of his forehead meanwhile I was left untouched. For a moment, I though he had missed. Only for a moment.

A second later, a blood curdling scream was let out from behind me.

Shakily turning around I watched as Leon slowly dropped to the ground, supporting Bellamy who had been leaning on his front, a crimson stain spreading on his grey hoodie.

Neptune fell to her knees with tear-filled eyes, grabbing Bells hand and muttering incoherent sentences.

I didn't feel my grip on the gun loosen. I didn't feel my heart speed up and my feet drag themselves over to the group. I didn't feel myself trip over my own feet and get caught by someone next to me. I didn't feel the tears spilling from my eyes and the sob racking through my body. I didn't feel the racing of my own heart nor the laboring of my breath.

I didn't feel anything until I felt everything, but by then it was too late. My eyes were heavy and the rain continued to pummel down, slowly slipping into unconsciousness I heard the faint whisper of the person holding me.

"Hold on Athene. Just a bit longer, please."

-
Thank you for reading!

Hi.. please don't kill me. 🙊🙉🙈
(Honestly I understand why y'all hate me)
My cliff hangers are illegal, trust me I'm aware💀💀🤚🏽.

lol I kinda like this chapter kinda don't - I hope y'all liked it tho🥲 maybe it's cause it's extremely dramatic in my mind (that was kinda what I was aiming for tho.. ig )

ANYWAYS here's a question! : on a scale of 1-10, how was your day?

see you next chapter (hopefully💀)
- aajaené

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.7K 1.4K 35
𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝟐𝐧𝐝 𝐛𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐨𝐟 𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐫𝐭 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬 𝐚𝐛𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐨𝐥𝐢𝐯𝐢𝐚 𝐫𝐨𝐝𝐫𝐢𝐠𝐨 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐲/𝐧'𝐬 𝐦𝐞𝐞𝐭-𝐜𝐮𝐭𝐞𝐬/𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐢�...
176K 1K 190
Mature content
35.7K 2.1K 58
When shrivi goes home after a long time. Who doesn't have her parents' love and family's love for some reason. She had support from her grandmother...