My Tormentor

By richithar

Ishaan Singhania is my personal tormentor sent from hell. First, he makes me fall in love with him without h... More

Author's Note + Cast
1. (Prologue)
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
Epilogue.

19.

7.5K 251 18
By richithar

Ishaan's P.O.V.

"Ishaan?" Naina says my name as I turn the car on.

"Yes, Naina," I say nonchalantly. This car was cold and I needed to make it warmer. Naina was wearing a short dress that ends above her knees and I know she can't stand the cold.

Naina suddenly wraps her hands around me and I stop what I was doing. Her chest was touching my arm like they way it was against my chest back in that dance floor. "I miss you," she whisper into my ears and I suck in a breath.

I immediately freeze when she says that. I wasn't expecting her to say something like that at all. "I miss you too, Naina." I really did. If I hadn't done what I had, I would've still been in her good books. I love her. I was selfish and in order to break her marriage, I had taken a rash decision.

Naina looks away from. "You were my best friend, Ishaan. I trusted you with everything and yet you broke my trust. That's what hurt the most. It wasn't the what the rumor was about or that my parents believed the rumors over me. But it was that you were the one who spread these lies about me. Everything was perfect. I was happy, you were happy, and then you had to go and ruin everything," Naina pours out emotionally, tears falling down her face uncontrollably.

I take a deep breath in. "I know. You have no idea how bad I feel, Naina. If I could go back and change what I did, I would in a heartbeat."

"Then, why did you do it?" She cries.

My mind becomes blank. I look away from her and look in front of my instead. I couldn't look at her when I tell her about my feelings. "Because I love you, Naina. I really, really love you. I know what I did was inexcusable but I only did it because I didn't have any other way to stop your wedding. I was scared shitless that you were going to get away from me forever."

When Naina doesn't say anything, I look at her to see her reaction only for her to be asleep. I thought that maybe if I told her about my feelings then she would've understood why I spread those lies about her.

I sigh as I drive home.

• • • • •

Naina's P.O.V.

When I woke up, I was heavily hung over. I groan out loud as my head was throbbing. I need a coffee immediately to take care of this.

I turn to the right and look at the clock on the night table. Shit! I was late for work. But then I notice a steaming cup of coffee right next to the clock.

I take the coffee into my hands and I see that there was a note on the bottom. It was from Ishaan because I recognize his hand writing.

'Hey Naina,

Don't worry, I called into your office and let them know that you're going to be late an hour or two. I was actually hoping to talk to you tonight so I'll see you at 7 pm:)

- Ishaan'

I crumble up the paper and throw it to the side. I know what he wanted to talk about. He wanted to talk about last night, about what I had said when I was drunk.

I had asked him about why he spread those rumors about him but then I passed out. I heard him talking but I couldn't make out the words.

I decided not to worry too much about Ishaan and instead get ready for work.

When I reached work, Rohit immediately whipped me to his office to talk about something. He said that it was really urgent.

"What was so urgent that you had to talk to me this instant?" I ask Rohit.

Rohit's face breaks out a smile. "There's this new post. It's almost double your salary and you'll be working with the best of the best in the industry. I think you'll be perfect for this, Naina!"

"What?!" I exclaim. This was an amazing opportunity. This promotion would change my career for the better. It was a once in a lifetime opportunity.

"However...," Rohit starts and my face drops. There has always got to be a catch. "The post is in Mumbai. You would have to move there."

"Oh." My excitement drops. I wasn't sure if I wanted to go to Mumbai. It was far away from my family. Although, it would be an amazing opportunity to get away from Ishaan.

"You have to take this promotion, Naina. It's going to change your career," Rohit continues.

"But, I'm not sure if I want to go that far, Rohit," I tell him. "It means I have to leave my parents, my friends, my whole life here."

"I know," Rohit says, understandingly. "But as your friend, I can't let you give this up."

"How about I think about it? Hmm?" I propose.

"Fine, but make sure you let me know by the end of the month, okay?"

"Okay," I sigh as I turn around to get back to me work.

"Wait, Naina," Rohit calls me and I turn back around to give him my full attention.

"We have a conference that we're leaving for tonight. I have an extra spot if you want to join," Rohit says, with a hopeful look on his face. He really wants me to come on this trip with him.

"I'll come." Rohit's face breaks out with a smile.

"Great! I'll send you an email with the details."

• • • • •

When I come back from work, Ishaan was already home again.

"Hey, can we talk please?" Ishaan immediately says when I enter our apartment.

I sigh. I was so not up for this tonight. "I can't, Ishaan. I need to pack for this office trip. I'm leaving tonight at 10 pm."

I head to my room and Ishaan follows me. I take an empty suitcase that was laying at the bottom of my closet and open it up.

"It'll only take five minutes," Ishaan tells me.

I look at Ishaan annoyed. "What is it?"

"I'm sorry, Naina. I'm really sorry about whatever I did."

I sigh. "What is this about, Ishaan?" I take some clothes from my closet and dump them into my suitcase. "Is this about what I said last night?"

"Of course it is!" Ishaan exclaims. "I know I hurt you a lot, Naina. If I could go back in time and redo everything. I would. You have to believe me!"

"I do, Ishaan, okay? I know that you are sorry and I know that you feel guilty about what you did to me. But, you can't change what you did."

I close my suitcase and put it in the ground. It was already 9:30 pm and Rohit should be here already. I get a mess has in my phone and see that it was Rohit saying that he was downstairs. I take my suitcase with me as I go out into the hall and Ishaan follows me.

"Are you ever going to forgive me?" Ishaan questions. His face was so hopeful that I would in the future.

I want to forgive him, but I don't think I can. Whenever, I see him all I can't think about is what he had done and I don't think I can ever come back from that.

"I don't think so," I tell him, truthfully. I open the door and close it. The last thing I was was Ishaan's face falling in disappointment.

Do you think Ishaan and Naina's marriage will last? Let me know what you think in the comments! Enjoy :)

- richithar

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

71.5K 3K 34
For her, he is a stranger For him, she isn't They both shared a past which she is unaware about Dive in to know what will happen When she will know...
520K 23K 50
He slowly trailed his hand over my cleavage, looking at me in such a way as if daring me to stop him from touching my body. "You have no choice but t...
272K 7.5K 24
She loved him unconditionally. He avoided her. She believed in love with him. He hated the word called love. People called her love as obsession. To...
2.4M 155K 59
โ€ขCompleted|NOT EDITEDโ€ข # ๐Ÿ ๐›๐จ๐จ๐ค ๐‘๐š๐ฃ๐ฉ๐ฎ๐ญ ๐’๐ž๐ซ๐ข๐ž๐ฌ Trigger Warnings: Mention of physical abuse, Murder, trauma, Rape, suicide, and mental...