she's just a kid || the 100

By indrassoup

"i'm just a kid and life is a nightmare" in which a very special 7 year old is sent to the ground among 99 cr... More

she's just a kid
season I
1 || the ground
2 || hike
3 || jasper
4 || butterflies
5 || acid fog
6 || wells murphy bellamy
7 || who did it
8 || rampage
9 || new companions
10 || company
11 || save me
12 || learning
13 || crazy
14 || unity day
15 || bridges and old friends
16 || blood
17 || gone
SEASON II
18 || mount weather
19 || space girl
20 || reunion
21 || dresses
22 || the truth
23 || criminals
24 || incredibly special
25 || doing what's right
26 || boom
SEASON III
27 || wanheda
28 || clarke
29 || secrets
30 || summit
31 || novitiate
32 || titus
33 || ontari
34 || A.L.I.E
35 || A.L.I.E 2
36 || emerson
37 || contact
38 || floukru
39 || plan
40 || brain dead
41 || the city of light
SEASON IV
42 || echo
43 || offer
44 || rain
45 || ceremony
46 || gonplei
47 || osleya
SEASON V
49 || bunker
face reveal?
50 || new life
51 || resurface

48 || praimfaya

5.1K 155 118
By indrassoup

SOON AFTER BELLAMY AND I HAD OUR LITTLE CHAT, HE AND CLARKE, ALONG WITH MURPHY AND HIS GIRLFRIEND, EMORI, SET OFF FOR THE ISLAND TO RESCUE RAVEN. In the meantime, I was with Octavia in one of the rooms above the rotunda, getting cleaned up. I was still covered head-to-toe in dirt, grime, ash and blood. 

While Octavia braided my hair and I adjusted my armor, we listened to the commotion of the happenings outside. Kane, as the ambassador of Skaikru was trying to break the news to his people that only 100 of them were going to survive Praimfaya.

"Where did you learn how to do that?" I asked as Octavia tied off the final braid of the intricate style she had put my hair into. There were braids from either side of my head weaving into one that went down my back. 

"Lincoln," She replied quietly, smoothing a hand over my hair. I offered a sad smile to her in the mirror, before our moment was cut short by the sounds of shouting and fighting outside. As we exited the room to see what was happening, we witnessed some of the Sky People shove Niylah against a wall and throw her to the floor. 

Not having any weapons on me, I grabbed a sword that belonged to one of the guards stationed outside the room Octavia and I had just emerged from. As Octavia shoved the man who had attacked Niylah, I held my sword to his throat. "Niylah, you're with us," I said to her as Octavia placed a hand on her shoulder and led her to stand behind me. I looked to the rest of the Sky People, speaking loud and clear so they could all hear me. "You now have one less spot to fill."

"Miss Roberts, please," Jaha pleaded. "You girls can stop this. You're one of us."

I scrunched my expression into one of confusion. "We're one of you?" I scoffed, jumping down to stand at the same level as Jaha. "You threw me in a cell to rot as a six year old. You floated my parents. You made Octavia hide under the floor for 15 years."

"Floated my mother, too," She added with an icy glare. 

"I'm not afraid of you anymore," I glared up at the man, the crowd parting for the two of us to walk through to the other side. "You can tell them, O." 

Octavia nodded in compliance before turning around to the crowd. "Every other clan has chosen their survivors. Every other clan. Skaikru is no different. You have until midnight to choose."

I stepped forward to add my own statement. "If this nonsense has still continued by midnight, then none of you will live."

I met eyes with Kane on the other side of the crowd, who's expression was full of fear and worry. I resisted saying anything else, turning on my heel and letting Octavia follow me out of the room to where the guards had taken Niylah to protect her and get her ice for the wound on her head. 

"You okay?" Octavia asked the woman who was crouched, leaning against a bed frame. 

Niylah nodded. "Thank you," She looked between us. "Both of you. I'll never forget what you did for me." 

"Commander," Indra entered the room, two guards trailing behind her. "A word?"

I nodded, stepping toward the woman. "Your duties as Commander have just begun. Wonkru expect you to lead them."

"What if I can't do it, Indra? I didn't win a conclave. I'm not a true Commander," I replied worriedly, speaking the thoughts that had been plaguing my mind all week. 

"You won the challenge," Indra replied. "Besides, you are not alone."

I realised that she was right. I wasn't going to be alone in this. I had her. I had Octavia. Gaia, Miller, Clarke, Bellamy, Raven. I'm not alone. And I knew exactly the person I wanted right by my side in leading these people. 

"O," I turned around, gesturing my head for her to come over. She stood up from being crouched in front of Niylah and made her way over to us.

"Is everything okay?" She asked. 

I nodded. "Everything's okay. I just had something I wanted to ask you."

Octavia's expression told me to continue.

"I can't do this alone, Octavia. And if there's anyone I'd want by my side in this — helping me lead Wonkru... it's you. Call it being my Second, if you will, just without the mentor part. My second in command. My right hand man- or... woman. So... Will you?" 

A small grin grew upon her lips. "Of course I will, T." 

I looked to the woman in front of us with a smile. "And Indra, you too, of course."

"What is it you yongon's say...? Duh?"

Octavia and I giggled.

Sparing the confusing details, Kane and Jaha opted to stop Skaikru's threatened riots by knocking everyone in the rotunda out with gas, similar to the Mountain Men. Instead of the lottery as they had originally planned, they decided to use Clarke's list to select who is to survive the death wave. 

It was informed to Octavia and I that Bellamy and the others were running out of time to get back. He radioed from Becca's lab with bad news. 

"What do you mean you're not coming back? Bellamy, you promised," I whimpered, pushing away the tears I wanted to shed. "You promised, Dad."

I could hear his sadness as he choked out, "I know, Lia. I'm sorry. We will meet again. That's a promise I won't break."

"I can't do this without you, Bell. I need you," I replied desperately.

"You can do this, Lia. I believe in you. Octavia's gonna be with you every step of the way," He encouraged softly. 

"I love you, Dad."

"I love you more. I'll be rooting for you from up there, kiddo. May we meet again."

"Damn right we will," I sniffled, using the same words he said to me before my fight with Roan.

After then saying my goodbyes to Raven, Harper, Monty and Murphy, I left the room to let Octavia talk to her brother. All I could think about was how in the world I was supposed to survive the next five years without them. They're my family.

How will I cope without seeing Harper's smile? Or Monty's bad singing? Or Murphy's sarcasm? Or Raven's smart brain? Or Clarke's bravery? Or Bellamy's protectiveness?

This was going to be a tough five years.

"Commander," Indra caught my attention as she entered the room. "It's time."

Gaia followed behind her, my token, sash and shoulder-guard in her hands, ready to help me get ready. I was to give a speech to the people. To pretty much tell them what the plan was for the next five years. To say that everything would be okay. 

But the truth is, I didn't know if it would be.

I placed the token between my brows and smeared my usual war paint across my eyes. Gaia placed the shoulder guard down on my shoulder, and I immediately felt it's weight. "Is everyone outside?" I asked. 

"Yes, Heda," Said Gaia respectfully. 

I took a breath as I stood on the stool that had been placed for me in order for everyone in the crowd to see me. I'm the boss. I got this.

"Um... Hi. Some of you know me as Tahlia Roberts from Mecha or Factory Station. Some of you know me as Tahlia kom Skaikru. Others see me as just that random little girl with weird blood. But none of that matters. I am Tahlia kom Wonkru now. That is because we are no longer the thirteen clans. We are one. One clan. One people. Wonkru. And that is the only way we will survive in this bunker. 

"I'm not going to stand up here and tell you that these next five years are going to be all sunshines and rainbows. Because it's not. There are gonna be bumps in the road, but in order for things to run as smooth as possible down here, we all must work together. I promise that I- we will do everything in our power to make these five years suck as little as possible. Thank you for your time. Room allocations, work rosters and eating times will up shortly."

"From the ashes, we will rise," Octavia recited. 

"From the ashes, we will rise," The rest of us repeated in unison. 

It was only a matter of seconds before we felt the room shaking. The death wave had hit. I prayed and prayed that Raven and the others had safely made it up to space.

Please don't be dead up there.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

91.6K 3.3K 33
There's no way you're hitting on me right now. ━ Lando Norris x Fem!OC Β© KissLeclerc , April 2024
903K 38.3K 80
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
255K 11.5K 35
ΰͺœβ€βž΄α‘£π­© hidden, various hazbin hotel characters x female reader ΰͺœβ€βž΄α‘£π­© 𝑰𝒏 π’˜π’‰π’Šπ’„π’‰ we follow an angel named y/n, who had her bes...
956K 31.8K 59
π’π“π€π‘π†πˆπ‘π‹ ──── ❝i just wanna see you shine, 'cause i know you are a stargirl!❞ 𝐈𝐍 π–π‡πˆπ‚π‡ jude bellingham finally manages to shoot...