Destiny 2 Lightfall: Fallen D...

By OreZhc3

After The Witness and its Pyramid Ships enter a Portal inside of The Traveler, A Guardian and his fireteam fo... More

Chapter One: From Rise to Lightfall
Noble 6 / Fireteam Jester's Bio
Chapter Two: We're Not in Kansas Anymore
Chapter Three: A Hunter's Draw
Chapter Four: A Warlock's Journey
Chapter Five: A Titan's Resistance
Chapter Six: Speak of The Devil
Chapter Seven: Threat Level
Chapter Eight: Almost At Reach
Chapter Nine: The Truth
Chapter Ten: The Unexpected Visitors
Chapter Eleven: Battle of Red Cliffs
Chapter Twelve: A New Frontier
Chapter Thirteen: Made it This Far
Chapter Fourteen: Baptism By Fire [PT.1]
Chapter Fourteen: Baptism By Fire [PT.2]
Chapter Fifteen: Insurrection In Jingzhuo
Chapter Sixteen: Calm Through The Night
Chapter Seventeen: The Han Experience [PT.1]
Chapter Eighteen: Casual Check Up
Chapter Nineteen: Little Hawk Down
Chapter Twenty: Said Too Soon...
Chapter Twenty One: To The Capital
Chapter Twenty Two: Old Monarchy
Chapter Twenty Three: Who Are You
Chapter Twenty Four: Behind The Curtains
Chapter Twenty Five: Fortunate Son
Chapter Twenty Six: Same Problem Different Day
Chapter Twenty Seven: Honesty Can Kill
Chapter Twenty Eight: With Haste
Chapter Twenty Nine: Home Perspective
Chapter Thirty: Fallen Innocence
Chapter Thirty Two: Behind The Trail

Chapter Seventeen: The Han Experience [PT.2]

359 3 1
By OreZhc3

That same day Cao Zhang and Cao Zhi arrive at Jingzhuo's gates seeing two large armored soldiers guarding the gate as they pass and seeing metal men patrolling the streets, Geared up blue women guarding important areas, and what got them stun is the big armored giants who gaurd the gates as one of them glare at them as they pass by and Creatures with four arms moving a carriage without any horses or wheels.
Cao Zhi: "who are they and what are they doing here?"
What got there attention are these small orbs of different ordements and colors follow or hover by the people wearing cloaks, robes and, fully armored.
Cao Zhang: "we'll talk to father about this."

When they arrived at the castle they walked in and their father writing down scrolls possibly writing down his report to the Imperial palace in Xuchang.

Cao Zhang: "greetings Father."
Cao Zhi: "greetings Father."

Cao Cao: "ah my sons i heard you have taken the North and reach the Sea, i am happy to see you victorious."
Cao Zhang: "thank you father, Yuan Shao has died from illness and his sons were fighting amongst themselves for their father's Inheritance, it was an easy victory for Wei."
Cao Cao: "even Yuan Shao is my enemy, he is my friend and a hero of the realm, shame he let his nobility get the hold of him."
Cao Zhi: "father we came here with the army as soon as i receive news that you were attacked."
Cao Cao: "thank you but there is no need to worry, The Vanguard Coalition saved us."
Cao Zhi: "Coalition?"
Cao Cao: "a force of Guardians, Cabal, Awoken, Eliksni from a planet called Earth and beyond, they have weapons that one soldier can kill thousands and powers that god would give."
Cao Zhang: "are they here to occupy, or did they sworn allegiance to you."
Cao Cao: "no, their original plan was to rescue stranded Guardians and when they did it brought their enemies along with them."
Cao Zhang "and what about our enemies?"
Cao Cao: "we agreed to have an armistice with Liu Bei and Sun Quan."
Cao Zhang: "what!?" This shocked Zhang with anger.
Cao Zhang: "first they bring their enemies here and now they're telling us what to do?"
Cao Zhang: "brother calm down, being angry will not solve anything."
Cao Cao: "indeed, for now we must cooperate with the Vanguard and our enemies in order to fight off the invaders..."

Later leaving the Cao residence they met Cao Hong drinking alone so they join him at the table.
Cao Zhang: "uncle what is with a glumly face?"
Cao Hong: "it is about a Guardian who think he'll have his way around us."
Cao Zhang: "what does he look like?" Hong gave the details about the man as he gritted his teeth telling them about it.
Cao Hong: "he's a nobody and claims to be the best, i will give you a couple of elite archers so we can show him who he's messing with."
Cao Zhang: "do you know where he is?"
Cao Hong: "the Legislation they called, he is being tutored by Lady Cai."
Zhang took a moment after hearing her name as it's been a while since he met her.
Cao Zhang: "don't worry uncle i will come back with good news."
Cao Zhi: "brother wait we mustn't-"
Cao Zhang: "nonsense im not going kill him, i will show him why we are are the best warriors."

Meanwhile Wang Yi was Eavesdropping and heard everything from behind the corner before seeing them leave. at first she wanted to ignore them but she had a gut feeling something wasn't right just to let them do it.
Wang Yi: (i have to warn Raiden before he's gets into trouble- ugh.) she clutch her wound on her hip as she makes her way out to warn Raiden.
Wang Yi: (damn it..."

At the Legislation Raiden was getting lessons by Wenji who gave him a tasks of writing a poem which Raiden is starting to have problems with.
Cai Wenji: "is there anything you know?"
Raiden: "i am a Guardian of 8 years, what do I know about poems?"
Cai Wenji: "to understand us you have to make a poem to make us moved by it."
Raiden: "move by what emotions what the f-"
Cai Wenji: "language." They heard footsteps running in the hall as Raiden took a step out and saw Wang Yi.
Wang Yi: "Raiden!"
Raiden: "whoa whoa what's wrong?"
Wang Yi: "Cao Hong send two men with a dozen soldiers to confront you."
Raiden: "what do you mean by that?"
Wang Yi: "they're going to try to threaten you with force."
Raiden: "who are they?"
Wang Yi: "Cao Cao's third son, Cao Zhang."
Raiden: "that son of a-"
Cai Wenji: "again language."

He shook his head and groan being annoyed.
Raiden: "how long?"
Wang Yi: "they will be here shortly." he equipped his Handcannon but Wenji held him back.
Raiden: "what are you doing?"
Cai Wenji: "there's no need for violence to solve this."
Raiden: "then what do you want me to do?"
Cai Wenji: "as your tutor i advise you to speak calmly, these are Cao Cao's family members and if you harm them in anyway The Vanguard won't tolerate your actions."
Raiden: "you think they'll stop me from doing my job?" Wenji still stopped him.
Cai Wenji: "remember what i said."
Raid: "relax i ain't gonna kill them, yet... and your bleeding." Wang Yi looks down at her hand seeing a spec of blood wich Wenji was now worried about her.

In the front of the Guardian legislation Cao Zhang and Cao Zhi with a dozen of their soldiers confront Ikora with a dozen of Red Jacks behind her on standby while a large crowd surround and watch as Raiden exits the building and stood by her.
Ikora Rey: "this man is looking for you and he doesn't seem happy."
Raiden: "what's the problem?"
Cao Zhang: "my lord wishes to speak to you in person."
Raiden: "who is he- actually forget about it, tell him im busy at the moment."
Cao Zhi: "brother please rethink-"
Cao Zhang: "it is rude to deny my Father's request."
Ikora Rey: "and who is your father?"
Cao Zhang: "i am Cao Zhang, third son of Cao Cao, i just came here from conquering the north."
Raiden: "cool should i care about that?"
Cao Zhang: "does this news not change your mind?"

He looks at Ikora annoyingly as she took over the situation.
Ikora: "i don't think this Guardian is interested to-"
Cao Zhang: "silence women, you have no right to speak amongst men."
Ikora Rey: "excuse you?"
Cao Zhang: "i am here for him so don't interfere."
Ikora Rey: "oh im sorry did i offend you or maybe you know you can't win a argument and use your noble status to have it your way... it may work on your people but not to us especially to me."
Cao Zhang: "what did you say, I'll have your tongue cut off."
Raiden: "she's telling you to fuck off our turf!"

Hearing the last two words got them riled up Cao Zhang as he pull out his sword and point at them.
Cao Zhang: "YOU DARE CLAIM TURF!?" his soldiers pull back their arrows and aim at the group. the Red Jacks activated their defensive protocol and aim their rifles in return but hold fire waiting for orders. the civilians watching fear a repeat of yesterday's attack.
Before it escalates to the point of no return Ikora was about to step in but Raiden intervene by stepping forward first.
Raiden: "you really want ride this rodeo?"
Cao Zhang: "say it again and i will grant your death."

Raiden: "meaning if i say it again you'll kill me and declared war against the Vanguard?" Zhi's face turns pale.
Cao Zhang: "what did you say?"
Raiden: "are you aware that you'll declare war against a civilization that is more Modernized, well trained, well equipped and battle hardened ever since the Red War, on top of that gain allies once enemies of Humanity who are willing join within a heart beat, i don't think your father- wait... actually, i don't think your Emperor will like to hear that some General has attacked a Guardian because of a personal reason or he wanted to out of curiosity and stupidity and will have to explain why incendiary bombs are burning his beautiful wooden city into ashes." Silence filled the air only hearing the commoners nearby gossiping as Raiden continues.
Raiden: "but i won't stop you, just fire a single shot in the air and we'll start a war on your doorstep, so who's going to start it, you... or should we?"

Realizing the consequences of Zhang's actions Cao Zhi look behind him and saw his men ready to fire on Cao Zhang's command.
Cao Zhi: "stop, stop this insanity immediately. disarm now!" the men holster their bows and arrows before turning to Cao Zhang still giving Raiden a daggering stare.
Cao Zhi: "brother we have to go before this gets out of hand!"
Cao Zhang: "this is not the end."
Raiden: "yes it is fuck off before i change my mind!" Cao Zhang growl and lead his troops back to where they came and the people sigh with relief then carry on their day. When Raiden turn to Ikora with her arms cross.
Ikora Rey: "are you out of you're mind?"
Raiden: "did i do something wrong?" she sighs and shook her head then she leaves.
Dubs: "you done goofed again Guardian."
Raiden: "and?"

When he turns around Wenji with her arms crossed after watching everything unfold.
Raiden: "what?"
Cai Wenji: "what happen to speaking calmly and respectfully?"
Raiden: "i tried but it seems your people don't understand my language."
Cai Wenji: "not only that you were using foul language you proceed to threaten to destroy a city."
Raiden: "gee wiz honey buns if i have 5 legendary shards every time i swear I'll be one rich son of a bitch and besides i don't have the command to destroy a city."
Cai Wenji: " *sigh* we still have lessons to attend... come Guardian."
Raiden: "on second thought im gonna skip the lesson."
Cai Wenji: "no you won't, come on."

Despite of being small, Wenji goes behind The Guardian and tries he best to guide him back into the Legislation. But Raiden would not move an inch and for once get along with it and goes inside without resistance.

(Later at Night)

When it was curfew the streets were dark and empty with only the moon light lighting the streets.
Raiden walk down the streets alone thinking to himself for no reason.
Dubs: "Guardian are you done?"
Raiden: "no stop asking."
Dubs: "you know curfew has been up for an hour, we should head back."
Raiden: "cool don't care." he walks the wall where the Cao residence are on the otherside.
Dubs: "are you even listening-" Dubs were interrupted by a voice echoing through night which sounded within the Residence on the .
???: "There is a lone fox at that dam over the Qi, My heart is sad; that man has no garment..."
Curious of who was singing, Raiden quietly climbs on the wall to take a peek and saw Wenji alone sitting in the pavilion knitting a white silk scarf.
Dubs: "that sounds nice but lets-" His guardian climbs over as Dubs sighs and follow his Guardian near the Pavilion where they stayed hidden.
He took a peek and thought to himself as Wenji sang with an angel's voice echoing into the night as she continues to knit.
Cai Wenji: "There is a lone fox at the deep ford of the Qi, My heart is sad; that man has no girgle..." he sat down with one knee up while listening and had of feeling of being relaxed for the first time.
Cai Wenji: "There is a lone fox by the side of the Qi, My heart is sad; that man has no clothes..."

When she finished her short song, Wang Yi came out and approach with a lantern.
Wang Yi: "your song is quite beautiful Lady Cai but may you do it another time?"
Cai Wenji: "forgive me if i interrupt you or anyone but... if i don't I'll forget later on, does this look lovely?" she shows the silk scarf to Wang Yi.
Wang Yi: "it does" Wenji then wrap the scarf around her neck and made her chuckles.
Wang Yi: "for me?"
Cai Wenji: "of course..."

Dubs watch the two walk into the house meaning it was over for Raiden's curiosity.
Dubs: "alright you have your time now can we get back before someone finds you Guardian... Guardian?" hearing no response from Raiden he turns to his Guardian leaning on the bottom of the pavilion wall sleeping.
Dubs: "Guardi- oh what's the use, goodnight Guardian..." When Dubs disappear Raiden was in a deep sleep under the moon light...

________________________________________________________________________________________

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

44.1K 393 19
RWBY X Destiny crossover. after the guardians defeats aksis they have a mission to investigate weird signal reading coming from venus things happen...
65.1K 875 16
A guardian finds Himself in a new world. One of magic and devoid of darkness he once fought, though he finds new allies and enemies. A new purpose. T...
35.8K 757 61
What if beyond light was different and the guardian was captured by the house of salvation. And what if the guardian and the Kell of the house bonded...
80.5K 956 21
Logan, a Guardian, a God-slayer, a hero of the Red War, and the avenger of Cayde-6's Murderers He left the Tower and ventured outside of the Solar...