𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘩𝘦𝘭𝘱 | 𝘢𝘵𝘭𝘢

By lextopias

THE HELP - prince zuko in exchange for hana's family's safety she boarded prince zuko's ship vowing to help f... More

𝙏𝙝𝙚 𝙃𝙚𝙡𝙥
𝙃𝙖𝙣𝙖 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙕𝙪𝙠𝙤'𝙨 𝙎𝙤𝙪𝙣𝙙𝙩𝙧𝙖𝙘𝙠
𝘼𝙘𝙩 𝙊𝙣𝙚
𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘉𝘰𝘺 𝘐𝘯 𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘐𝘤𝘦𝘣𝘦𝘳𝘨
𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘈𝘷𝘢𝘵𝘢𝘳 𝘙𝘦𝘵𝘶𝘳𝘯𝘴
𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘚𝘰𝘶𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘯 𝘈𝘪𝘳 𝘛𝘦𝘮𝘱𝘭𝘦
𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘞𝘢𝘳𝘳𝘪𝘰𝘳𝘴 𝘖𝘧 𝘒𝘺𝘰𝘴𝘩𝘪
𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘒𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘖𝘧 𝘖𝘮𝘢𝘴𝘩𝘶
𝘐𝘮𝘱𝘳𝘪𝘴𝘰𝘯𝘦𝘥
𝘞𝘪𝘯𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘚𝘰𝘭𝘴𝘵𝘪𝘤𝘦: 𝘗𝘢𝘳𝘵 𝘖𝘯𝘦
𝘞𝘪𝘯𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘚𝘰𝘭𝘴𝘵𝘪𝘤𝘦: 𝘗𝘢𝘳𝘵 𝘛𝘸𝘰
𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘞𝘢𝘵𝘦𝘳𝘣𝘦𝘯𝘥𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘚𝘤𝘳𝘰𝘭𝘭
𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘚𝘵𝘰𝘳𝘮
𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘋𝘢𝘳𝘬 𝘚𝘱𝘪𝘳𝘪𝘵𝘴
𝘉𝘢𝘵𝘰 𝘖𝘧 𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘞𝘢𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘛𝘳𝘪𝘣𝘦
𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘞𝘢𝘵𝘦𝘳𝘣𝘦𝘯𝘥𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘔𝘢𝘴𝘵𝘦𝘳
𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘚𝘪𝘦𝘨𝘦 𝘖𝘧 𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘕𝘰𝘳𝘵𝘩: 𝘗𝘢𝘳𝘵 𝘖𝘯𝘦
𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘚𝘪𝘦𝘨𝘦 𝘖𝘧 𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘕𝘰𝘳𝘵𝘩: 𝘗𝘢𝘳𝘵 𝘛𝘸𝘰
𝘼𝙘𝙩 𝙏𝙬𝙤
𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘎𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘵 𝘞𝘢𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘚𝘱𝘪𝘳𝘪𝘵𝘴
𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘈𝘷𝘢𝘵𝘢𝘳 𝘚𝘵𝘢𝘵𝘦
𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘊𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘖𝘧 𝘛𝘸𝘰 𝘓𝘰𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘴
𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘋𝘢𝘳𝘬 𝘚𝘱𝘪𝘳𝘪𝘵𝘴 𝘙𝘦𝘵𝘶𝘳𝘯
𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘴𝘦
𝘉𝘪𝘵𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘞𝘰𝘳𝘬
𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘋𝘦𝘴𝘦𝘳𝘵
𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘚𝘦𝘳𝘱𝘦𝘯𝘵'𝘴 𝘗𝘢𝘴𝘴
𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘋𝘳𝘪𝘭𝘭
𝘊𝘪𝘵𝘺 𝘖𝘧 𝘞𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘴 𝘈𝘯𝘥 𝘚𝘦𝘤𝘳𝘦𝘵𝘴
𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘛𝘢𝘭𝘦𝘴 𝘖𝘧 𝘉𝘢 𝘚𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘚𝘦
𝘓𝘢𝘬𝘦 𝘓𝘢𝘰𝘨𝘢𝘪
𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘌𝘢𝘳𝘵𝘩 𝘒𝘪𝘯𝘨
𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘑𝘢𝘴𝘮𝘪𝘯𝘦 𝘋𝘳𝘢𝘨𝘰𝘯
𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘊𝘳𝘰𝘴𝘴𝘳𝘰𝘢𝘥𝘴 𝘖𝘧 𝘋𝘦𝘴𝘵𝘪𝘯𝘺
𝘼𝙘𝙩 𝙏𝙝𝙧𝙚𝙚
𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘈𝘸𝘢𝘬𝘦𝘯𝘪𝘯𝘨
𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘏𝘦𝘢𝘥𝘣𝘢𝘯𝘥
𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘈𝘷𝘢𝘵𝘢𝘳 𝘈𝘯𝘥 𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘍𝘪𝘳𝘦 𝘓𝘰𝘳𝘥
𝘕𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵𝘮𝘢𝘳𝘦𝘴 𝘈𝘯𝘥 𝘋𝘢𝘺𝘥𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘮𝘴
𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘋𝘢𝘺 𝘖𝘧 𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘉𝘭𝘢𝘤𝘬 𝘚𝘶𝘯
𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘞𝘦𝘴𝘵𝘦𝘳𝘯 𝘈𝘪𝘳 𝘛𝘦𝘮𝘱𝘭𝘦
𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘍𝘪𝘳𝘦𝘣𝘦𝘯𝘥𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘔𝘢𝘴𝘵𝘦𝘳𝘴

𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘉𝘦𝘢𝘤𝘩

713 35 126
By lextopias

{the beach}

hana sighed as she pinched the bridge of her nose. ty lee would not be quiet about how excited she was to visit ember island.

on any normal day she would encourage ty lee and smile, but today she was annoyed. she was not annoyed with ty lee, in particular, she was annoyed with zuko, thus passing her annoyance to everyone else.

after azula and hana crashed the picnic that he had set up with mai, she went back to her room. she was peacefully reading some fire nation propaganda, something she had found entertaining, and was interrupted when zuko came in.

he told her that he thought the avatar was alive. she agreed with him, aang definitely was alive. something they didn't agree on was zuko hiring a combustion bender to hunt aang down. to kill him.

this incited a large fight between the two teens. hana was angry that zuko would even think about that and zuko was angry because she couldn't understand why he did it.

he did it for them. if his father found out that the avatar was alive, they would have both been slaughtered. he was protecting her and she couldn't even see it.

they hadn't talked since.

what hana hadn't known was that aranya had been giving him updates on her. aranya liked the pair together and she would do anything to see them get together. so, giving zuko updates on the girl was not a problem.

now, they were sitting on the boat with his sister, his girlfriend, and their friend. this wasn't going to be a fun weekend.

"i'm so excited to spend the weekend on ember island," ty lee cheered. "it's gonna be great to hang out on the beach and do nothing."

zuko was clearly not happy either, "doing nothing is a waste of time. we're being sent away on a forced vacation." he got up and leaned on the boat, "i feel like a child."

hana decided to challenge his viewpoint, "that sounds lovely, ty lee." she put on a fake smile.

azula rolled her eyes at hana, knowing that the two were clearly weren't on the best terms, "lighten up. so dad wants to meet with his advisors alone... without anyone else around. don't take it personally."

"doesn't your family have a house on ember island?" ty lee asked azula.

azula looked at her, "we used to come every summer when we were kids."

hana's face softened.

that's why he doesn't want to be here.

"that must've been fun!" ty lee said.

zuko was clearly unhappy, "that was a long time ago."

hana frowned. she stood up and walked over to him. she rested her hand on his shoulder. she was going to be at peace with him for right now, at least.

he looked at her and nodded.

"i'm sorry, zuko," she whispered.

the two sat back down, not together, however. hana wouldn't dare to sit next to mai. she opted for a seat a lot farther away.

she pulled out one of her knives and played with it. she bent off the metal and toyed with it.

zuko rolled his eyes as he watched her.

she could now do this openly. everyone had already known of her abilities. it wasn't their secret anymore. maybe they'd have more in the future.

ty lee watched as the girl played with the metal. she was utterly fascinated by her ability. she often called out things for hana to create, hana laughed and obliged.

they did this until they were about to reach the island. hana quickly bent it back into its knife form, stating she'd sharpen it later.

they gathered to the front of the boat where they saw li and lo on the dock, "welcome to ember island, kids."

they quickly realized the house they would be staying at. everyone else was clearly disappointed, they came from rich families. hana simply smiled, she practically pleased with whatever.

they docked and were able to get off the ship. they were guided to the house by li and lo. when they got into the house everyone looked even more disappointed.

they took in the surroundings. hana was conflicted, the smell was awful... the house was pretty good... she really did not know how to feel.

zuko pointed out the smell, "it smells like old lady in here."

hana laughed and quickly covered her mouth. zuko snorted at her reaction. hana continued to hide her laughs.

"gee, i wonder why," mai replied in a monotone voice. she clearly didn't like the two's behavior.

ty lee walked over to a painting with li and lo, "who are these two beautiful women?"

"can't you tell?" the two struck the same pose as the women in the picture. "it's li and me."

zuko gagged at the two older ladies.

hana nearly busted into tears. in her opinion, this had to be the funniest thing ever.

li and lo guided them into another room.

ty lee quickly laid on a bed, "i love this seashell bedspread."

"are you serious? it looks like the beach threw up all over it," mai was already hating it here.

hana shook her head, "it's not that bad, mai."

"we know you're upset that you were forced to come here this weekend. but ember island is a magical place. keep an open mind," li told the group.

"give it a chance," lo directed.

the two sisters synced together, "and it can help you understand yourselves and each other."

li grabbed a rock from the table, "the beach has a special way."

li passed the rock to lo, "of smoothing even the most ragged edges."

azula yawned, she clearly was unfazed by everything.

the old ladies clapped, "time to hit the beach!" they undid their robes and revealed utter nastiness.

mai put her hand over zuko's face and zuko put his hand over hana's.

the five teens quickly unpacked their stuff and found bathing suits. ty lee grabbed a bag and put some items in it, hana grabbed a towel to layout on and a coverup, zuko grabbed a blanket and umbrella for him and mai, and azula only grabbed a towel.

the five were set and headed for the beach. when they got there it was packed. people were surfing, laying out in the sun, and children were playing.

azula found a spot for everyone, it wasn't exactly free, however. she destroyed a children's sand castle and kicked their stuff away. the two kids ran off wailing.

the five of them quickly began to set their stuff up when a boy came over to ty lee, "hey you need some help unpacking?"

"sure, thanks," she handed him the bag.

hana chuckled at the sight of the boy falling over. she didn't even notice ty lee struggling to hold up the bag.

he quickly rummaged through her bag and found a towel. he laid it out nicely for the girl. she thanked him when he moved in front of the sun for her.

hana sat alone, deciding that she didn't want to be bothered. she felt very alone. hana didn't like this feeling.

she was never going to be accepted into the current state of the fire nation and she knew that. she was perfectly okay with it too. what she wasn't okay with was having no one.

mai and zuko had their thing, ty lee had the boys, and azula, well, azula was azula. she did well on her own. hana had aranya but she wasn't on ember island.

hana was too scared of azula to ever make conversation. when she was with her the last time she wasn't bad, she just didn't understand it. hana knew it was from the lack of socialization she had as a child. she was limited to zuko, ty lee, mai, her maids (who were scared of her), li and lo, and her father.

not only the lack of socialization, but she also was trained to terrify people, be a soldier, be a manipulator. she scared anyone who even dared to get close to her.

that's where hana felt stunted by azula. behind all the trauma, behind all darkness, behind all the fury, there is a sweet, kind, scared, innocent girl. hana knew this, that's why she tried to make azula feel like she could be a comfort. hana knew it wouldn't work but she also knew that everyone deserves comfort even if they won't use it.

she looked to azula who had been staring at ty lee, "azula?"

azula snapped her head towards the earth kingdom girl, "what?"

"are you gonna go into the water?"

azula raised her eyebrows, "why would i do that?"

hana shrugged, "i don't know. i figure you might need a distraction." she eyed ty lee.

the younger girl rolled her eyes, "no. i'm not going into the water."

"just askin'. you just seem sad," hana replied.

azula huffed, that wasn't the response she wanted.

hana looked behind them, there zuko and mai sat unhappily, "don't they look like the cutest couple."

"yes, yes they do," azula replied sarcastically.

hana smiled at the fire nation princess.

azula didn't not like hana. in fact, she thought hana wasn't half bad, but she knew that she was ultimately from the earth kingdom. she was not one of them.

azula even thought she made a better match for zuko than mai did. hana cared for the stupid little things zuko would do while mai wouldn't, she noticed that hana would calm zuko down when no one else would, and how hana would offer zuko support and stability when mai wouldn't.

azula liked that hana was there for him because azula knew that she wasn't able to help her brother. when she did, it was in her own way and was perceived as malicious, which wasn't the case. she just cares in her own way.

not only that but hana wasn't cruel or mean. she was taught that the people of the earth kingdom were bad, but hana never once did anything that wasn't for zuko or to protect herself. she was even nice and tried to include azula.

azula couldn't understand why she included her and was nice to her. she had done nothing to receive such kindness and humor from hana. it was unprecedented.

azula watched as people played volleyball.

she studied them for a while before making her decision, "hey, beach bums, we're playing next." she turned to ty lee. "ty lee, get over here now!"

hana watched as ty lee rolled off her towel into a handstand and walked over to azula. mai and zuko got ready and walked over to azula. hana simply stayed in place.

"are you going to play?" azula asked.

hana shook her head and smiled, "no, i wanna watch them get their asses kicked."

zuko snorted at hana's response. he knew she just didn't want to play because she felt different. she wasn't comfortable in the group of childhood friends.

hana watched as the four got ready to play volleyball. she watched as they huddled together, creating their strategy. they dispersed and got into place.

azula was given a ball to serve. hana knew that this would end badly for the other crew. azula was too good at competitive things.

azula served the ball and it hit the ground with no one bothering to get it.

hana cheered them on as they absolutely destroyed the group playing them. she watched utterly speechless as they racked up point, after point, after point.

the final point happened when azula slammed down the volleyball with such a force that it created fire. hana didn't think it was possible, but yet again, she was wrong.

azula was pleased with the victory, "yes, we defeated you for all time. you will never rise from the ashes of your shame and humiliation! well... that was fun."

hana snorted and walked up to them, "good job."

two boys walked up to ty lee, "i'm having a party tonight. you should come by."

"sure... i love parties!" ty lee quickly accepted the offer.

the boy gesture to mai and hana, "your friends can come too."

hana's eyes nearly fell from her face, "uh-"

"what about me and my brother?" azula crossed her arms displeased. "aren't you going to invite us? you don't know who we are, do you?"

"don't you know who we are? we're chan and ruon-jian," chan told them.

"yeah."

zuko stomped over to him, probably wanting to hurt him, but azula put her arm out and stopped him.

"but fine, you're invited. just so you know, though some of the most important teenagers in the fire nation are gonna be at this party so.. try and act normal," he instructed them.

azula smiled, "we'll do our best."

soon, they decided to pack up and head back to the house. there li and lo were waiting for them with dinner ready.

they all sat down and began to talk about their day.

"why didn't you tell those guys who we were?" zuko asked his little sister.

"i guess i was intrigued," azula shrugged. "i'm so used to people worshipping us."

"they should!" ty lee exclaimed.

"yes, i know, and i love it," hana choked on her food and started to laugh.

azula ignored her and went on, "but for once, i just wanted to see how people would treat us if they didn't know who we were."

"like waves washing away the footprints on the sand. ember island gives everyone a clean slate. ember island reveals the true you," they told the kids and stood up, "to the party!"

"y'know, if they didn't end up inviting you guys i probably would've not gone. i don't exactly like drunken people, let alone teenagers," she told zuko and azula.

"drunken?" azula questioned.

hana awkwardly laughed, "ah, no. ignore that."

the group finished up their dinner and found some nice clothes. they all quickly put it on and went to the party. hana suggested they go a bit later but they ignored her.

even as they walked up to the door hana advised against, "i don't think they meant it seriously-"

mai simply stared her dead in eyes and that made her shut up. any other person she would've said something to but she couldn't with mai. zuko was already unhappy and hana didn't wanna make it worse. she kept it civil.

azula knocked on the door.

chan opened the door and looked incredibly displeased, "um.. you're a little early. no one's here yet."

i told them.

"i heard you telling everyone you'd be partying from dusk til dawn," she looked out to the horizon. "it's dusk so we're here."

"but that's just an expression," he really didn't want them to be there, which hana was understanding of. their group was just a tad bit overwhelming.

azula put her hands behind her back, "we are the perfect party guests. we arrive right on time because we are very punctual."

chan shrugged and gestured for the group to come in, "all right, listen, my dad's an admiral. he has no idea i'm having this party so don't mess anything up."

azula was clearly pleased when she heard he was the son of an admiral, "that's a sharp outfit, chan... careful. you could puncture the hull of an empire-class fire nation battleship leaving thousands to drown at sea... because it's so sharp."

chan was uncomfortable, which was reasonable, "um... thanks."

she... she needs to loosen up. this is painful.

chan walked away and the group began to look around. they needed to find a spot where they could all fit and keep to themselves.

as they walked around ruon-jian noticed them, "hey first ones here, uh?"

"he thinks he's so great," zuko said and turned to mai. "well, what do you think of him?"

they stopped walking, "i don't have any opinion about him. i hardly know him."

"you like him, don't you?"

mai let out an irritated sigh and walked away.

hana would agree with mai on this. sometimes zuko's jealousy would blind him from the truth.

zuko turned and gave ruon-jian a death glare. hana quickly pulled him away, deciding that she was going to try and make sure there were no problems.

soon many people began to flood in. most of the boys are going towards ty lee, some conversing amongst themselves, some girls with their friends, and others with boys.

hana watched as they practically cornered ty lee. as she was about to walk over and help, the boys began to fall down. ty lee quickly stepped over them and headed for azula.

hana studied the two girls as they conversed. ty lee laughed a lot and azula whispered to her. something that wasn't surprising. as hana watched it seemed more and more like ty lee was giving her advice.

this was only confirmed when she let out the most unnatural laughed hana had ever heard. it had seemed that the other guests agreed and they stopped talking and stared at her. they quickly resumed talking.

hana sighed as she shifted uncomfortably. she was standing next to zuko and mai and they weren't happy with each other, nothing new anyway.

"i'm bored."

"i know."

"i'm hungry."

"so what?"

this was just painful.

"so find me some food."

"sure," he stood up and began to walk away.

hana trailed behind him. she didn't want to be left with mai.

they found a table with lots of food on it. hana helped zuko pick out food despite not nothing much about mai's taste. she tried to be helpful. hana also grabbed a few things for herself.

as they walked back someone knocked into zuko and he knocked into hana.

"what the fuck?" she mumbled as frowned at the food on the ground.

zuko turned to who had hit him, "hey, watch it. that food was for my cranky girlfriend."

"and my food was for me!"

zuko looked over to mai, who was talking to another boy, ruon-jian. that didn't look good at all.

zuko took off running towards him and hana followed. this situation needed to be defused quickly.

zuko pushed him away from mai.

"what are you doing?" ruon-jian was pissed.

"stop talking to my girlfriend!" zuko snapped.

ruon-jian approached zuko, "relax, it's just a party."

zuko pushed him back, making him fly into a large vase. it was destroyed.

oh no.

mai got up and grabbed zuko's shoulder, "zuko, what is wrong with you?"

"what's wrong with me?"

hana knew everyone was staring, "hey guys-"

mai continued, "your temper's out of control. you blow up over every little thing. you're so impatient and hot-headed and angry."

"well at least i feel something... as opposed to you! you have no passion for anything!" he waved his arms in the air. "you're just a big blah!"

mai turned away from him. "it's over, zuko. we're done."

oh no.

chan ran over to ruon-jian, "who broke my nana's vase?" ruon-jian pointed to zuko and chan turned, "that's it! you're out of here!"

"i was just leaving," he turned away and began to walk out.

this is bad. very very bad.

hana sighed and followed him out the door. she had failed. she couldn't keep this weekend civil. it had to have been the easiest task possible, yet she failed it. hard.

hana followed him down to the beach and around some rocks. she didn't say anything, he needed the silence, he needed to think and she respected that.

she followed him all the way to an abandoned house. it was dusty and creaky. she could only assume it had been vacant for many years.

she quietly watched as he tried to enter. the door wouldn't budge, it probably had been locked to keep people out. zuko kicked the door in and walked up the stairs.

he stopped at the top. as hana walked up she noticed a picture hanging. it was his old vacation house.

she could tell easily. azula and he still looked exactly the same as they did when they were children. that left a man and a woman seated behind him.

the woman had to be their mother. she and azula looked exactly alike. their eyes, eyebrows, and lips looked exactly the same. she was the spitting image of her mother.

the man. she assumed it was his father. he didn't belong, he didn't fit with the three. it was almost as if the look on the mother's face was because of him.

hana could only think about the horrors his mom had to go through with ozai. she hoped that her soul had found peace and agni treated her with nothing but dignity and love.

hana looked at his face as he stood there looking at the picture. she could tell that there only bad memories living in this place, memories that have haunted him for many years.

he walked over to the small table in front of it. there was a piece of concrete on it. a hand. zuko put his hand up against it. it had been his. that small hand was now big, one that had been through the unthinkable.

he kept it in his hand as he walked out of the house. he sat on the porch, against the pillars that held the house up. hana sat against the other.

she watched as he looked at it. he tried to hide all the pain in his eyes but she could see right through all of it. he was in so much pain.

"she was beautiful. you and azula look just like her. it's scary almost," she told him.

he sighed and looked up at her, "i don't know what happened to her. one day she was there, and then she wasn't. there wasn't a funeral or anything. she's just fucking gone. out of thin air."

hana bit her lip with a somber look on her face, "i'm so sorry zuko. i tried to make this weekend easy for you and azula because i saw your reaction on the boat. i dropped all the shit with aang. i just want you to be happy at this point."

she blinked away her tears, "i know i'll probably never be truly happy here in the fire nation but you can. you can live such a lovely life here, have kids, rule as fire lord, live a long time, die peacefully. you deserve peace."

"you deserve one too. you've done everything for me. you've given up everything. i just- i brought you back here because it'd be protecting you. you're so unhappy and i see it. i see right through you and your awkwardness and your smiles," he explained.

he let out a laugh, "i can even see the faces you give mai. you hate her and it's so obvious. you hate her yet you still maintain composure around her."

hana laughed, "i don't do it because i want to. i do it because she makes you happy. if it were up to me, i would've probably slapped her already."

zuko snorted, "i believe that."

"zuko, if anything happens to me, please promise you'll try and stay happy, that you'll try and mend things with your uncle, that you'll go to aranya if you need a little sense knocked into you," she asked of him.

"aranya? really?"

"you'd be surprised."

"i promise you, hana," he agreed.

she nodded and held back her tears, "thank you."

"why? why are you saying all of this? why now? you still have time," zuko was confused by her words.

a tear fell down her face, "because my family never got to say goodbye. even if i don't die for a long time, i think you still deserve a goodbye. that is that very least you deserve."

"i will never truly be able to thank you, will i? after everything you still care for me. i just don't understand."

"that's alright with me," she smiled.

hana sniffled and wiped her tears. she was a strong girl. very few things weakened her like this. she only ever cried for people she cares about.

she cares for zuko.

the two sat quietly together with a few of hana's sniffles in there. they just needed one moment where they weren't bombarded by emotions. they needed one moment where they could decompress.

hana heard footsteps and looked up to see azula.

she had a small smile on, "hey."

"i thought i'd find you here."

zuko looked up to his little sister, "those summers we spent here seem so long ago. so much has changed."

azula gestured down to the path, "come to the beach with me." she began to walk down it, "come on, this place is depressing."

zuko set the concrete that had his hand in it down. he followed azula down the path. hana followed behind the two. she needed a moment to gain every ounce of dignity she had left and piece it together. she needed to be alright.

they made it to the beach in no time. they were greeted by mai and ty lee sitting on rocks.

"hey..." mai said trying to make amends with zuko.

"where's your new boyfriend?" he snapped.

he quickly regretted his decision and went to sit next to her, "are you cold?" he tried to wrap his arm around her.

mai slapped his hand away.

"i'm freezing," ty lee told them.

zuko smiled at her, "i'll make a fire. there's plenty of stuff to burn in there." he looked up to his old vacation house.

zuko walked back up to the house and grabbed a few things. he quickly made his way back. he dropped a few pieces in the fire pit and lit it on fire.

the five teens watched as the flame grew bigger. zuko dropped the last thing he was holding in the fire.

the painting.

"what are you doing?" ty lee asked him, concerned.

"what does it look like i'm doing?"

"but... it's a painting of your family..."

zuko had his arms crossed, "you think i care?"

you do care. you care so much, zuko.

"i think you do," ty lee softly spoke.

"you don't know me, so why don't you just mind your own business!" he turned away from the group.

ty lee looked down sadly, "i know you."

"no you don't!" he waved his arm in a fit of anger. "you're stuck in your little ty lee world, where everything's great all the time."

"zuko-" hana tried to stop him.

mai interrupted hana, "zuko, leave her alone."

he began to mock ty lee, "i'm so pretty, look at me. i can walk on my hands, whoo!" he did a handstand and fell. "circus freak."

"zuko!"

azula laughed as ty lee began to cry. hana looked at zuko as if she would light him up in flames.

"yes, i'm a circus freak. go ahead and laugh all you want," she gestured towards azula. "you wanna know why i joined the circus?"

"here we go..."

"do you have any idea what my home life was like growing up with six sisters who look exactly like me?" she ranted. "it was like i didn't even have my own name! i joined the circus because i was scared of spending the rest of my life as part of a matched set. at least, i'm different now. circus freak is a compliment!"

mai was still in her usually monotone voice, "guess that explains why you need ten boyfriends, too."

hana had it with mai, "there is not a damn reason for you to be jealous of ty lee. don't you have a boyfriend? or is he not enough for you?"

"oh, shut up hana," she rolled her eyes.

"jealousy, my dear, is such an ugly look on a pretty face like yours," hana snapped. "it's a wretched disease."

mai ignored hana and went on with harassing ty lee, "attention issues? you couldn't get enough attention when you were a kid so you're trying to make up for it now."

ty lee let out a bitter laugh, "well, what's your excuse, mai? you were an only child for fifteen years. but even with all that attention, your aura is this dingy, pasty, gray... "

mai cut her off, "i don't believe in aura's."

zuko got up and looked at mai, "yeah, you don't believe in anything."

"oh, well, i'm sorry i can't be as high-strung and crazy as the rest of you," mai replied.

"i'm sorry, too. i wish you would be high-strung and crazy for once," he walked closer to everyone. "instead of keeping all your feelings bottled up inside. she just called your aura dingy. are you gonna take that?" he was trying to get a rise out of mai.

mai laid back on the rock, "what do you want from me? you want a teary confession about how hard my childhood was? well, it wasn't."

she started, "i was a rich only child who got anything i wanted. as long as i behaved... and sat still... and didn't speak unless spoken to. my mother said i had to keep out of trouble. we had my dad's political career to think about."

"well, that's it, then," azula stated. "you had a controlling mother who had certain expectations, and if you strayed from them you were shut down. that's why you're afraid to care about anything, and why you can't express yourself."

mai stood up, "you want me to express myself?" she screamed, "leave me alone!"

"i like it when you express yourself."

way to kill a moment.

zuko walked up to her. she did not take kindly, "don't touch me! i'm still mad at you."

"my life hasn't been that easy, either, mai," he was interrupted by her.

"whatever- that doesn't excuse the way you've been acting," she yelled at him.

"calm down, you guys," ty lee said as she tried to diffuse the situation. "this much negative energy is bad for your skin. you'll totally break out."

"bad skin?" zuko questioned harshly. "normal teenagers worry about bad skin. i don't have that luxury. my after my dad decided to teach me a permanent lesson on my face." he pointed at his scarred eye.

ty lee clearly felt bad, "sorry, zuko, i..."

zuko interrupted her apology, "for so long, i thought that if my dad accepted me, i'd be happy. i'm back home, now my dad talks to me. huh, he even thinks I'm a hero."

azula smiled at his words.

"everything should be perfect, right? i should be happy now, but i'm not. i'm angrier than ever and i don't know why," he explained.

"that's a simple question you need to answer them," she leaned forward, "who are you angry at?"

"no one," he looked down. "i'm just angry."

"yeah, who are you angry at, zuko?" mai questioned.

"everyone..." he covered his ears in frustration. "i don't know."

"is it dad?"

"no, no!"

"your uncle?"

"me?"

zuko shook his head in frustration, "no, no... no, no."

"then who? who are you angry at?" mai demanded.

"answer the question, zuko," azula sternly said.

"talk to us," ty lee pleaded.

"come on, answer the question," mai demanded once more.

"come on, answer it."

hana watched as he panicked. she watched as the overwhelmed boy was berated by questions. it was like he was falling apart in front of her.

he yelled, "i'm angry at myself!"

he threw his arms down near the flames. it created a huge blast of fire. the girls quickly covered their faces protect themselves.

once the fire died down azula asked a simple question, "why?"

"because i'm confused. because i'm not sure i know the difference between right and wrong anymore," he answered.

"you're pathetic," azula said as she laughed.

the group stayed quiet for a while. that was until the conversation had seemed to turn towards hana.

"why are you looking at me?" she asked the group staring at her.

"well, um, we shared..." ty lee started.

"ah, so we're all sharing, alright."

hana quickly got comfortable in her position. she really didn't know where to start but she did it anyway.

she looked down at her hands as she spoke, "my family, they're gone. dead. my father and brother died in the war and my mother and sister died after i promised zuko i'd help him find the avatar."

hana quickly wiped a tear that rolled down her cheek, "i don't remember their voices anymore. i used to hear my mom calling my name when i first got on the ship and now i just can't remember her voice."

"i held out hope for my sister and mother for such a long time. i hoped and prayed to the spirits that they would survive. some days that was the only thing keeping me alive," she told them.

"i have very few things left of them. i have the necklace, a destroyed drawing, and a new drawing. few things fill the void though. there is still an empty piece in my heart that they took up," her voice broke.

hana wiped her face, "i'm lucky, though. i had iroh and zuko. zuko was a dick for such a long time, though. he still is, unfortunately. i still have him, at least."

ty lee spoke up, "i'm sorry."

azula began to clap her hands, "well, those were wonderful performances, everyone."

hana laughed and decided to make a joke, "i don't know about you guys but my family is still very much dead."

no one laughed.

wow, super tough crowd.

"i guess you wouldn't understand, would you, azula? because you're just so perfect," zuko said sarcastically.

"well, yes, i guess you're right. i don't have sob stories like all of you. i could sit here and complain about how our mom liked zuko more than me, but i don't really care," she looked at the dying out fire. "my own mother... thought i was a monster... she was right, of course, but it still hurt."

i'm sure that isn't true.

ty lee reflected on the words that lo and li said, "what lo and li said came true. the beach did help us learn about ourselves." she picked up a smooth stone, "i feel all smoothed. i'll always remember this."

"you know what would make this trip really memorable?" azula asked as devious as ever.

the next thing you know the five were back at chan's. azula knocked at the door and chan opened it. it was clear he was confused.

she smiled, "we've got some bad news, chan."

"party's over."

the four ran in and started destroying everything. hana walked in behind them. many guests were running away as if they'd die. hana watched as azula smiled at chan's cries. azula was clearly happy with what she had started.

hana couldn't help but laugh as she watched the house get destroyed.

what a fucking shit show.

lexi speaks;
BESTIESSS LETS GO!! this chapter is so goddamn long. its more than 5.9k words LMFAO.

anyway, this took for fucking ever so i hope you enjoy it.

in about an hour something special is about to drop!!! so yet again, if you like dreamsmp look out for that!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

210K 5.6K 40
Lady (Y/N) was exiled along with her best friend, prince Zuko. She has conflicted feelings about hunting the Avatar, since she wants the war to end...
656K 19.5K 66
(ZUKOxOC) Soana: Princess of The Northern Water Tribe, a beloved sister to Princess Yue, and daughter of Chief Arnook. A betrothal to Prince Zuko to...
824 14 7
In a world where the Yingyin suppresses bending abilities, Katara, the last waterbender of the Southern Water Tribe, is unexpectedly betrothed to Pri...
58.9K 1.6K 18
In the wake of Azula, the GAang has to recover with two injured members. Nothing is easy with an injured Avatar, scared of his own fate. Aang has his...